[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Imperial Coroner 御赐小仵作

sugarplum892

@taeunfighting Actually, my chinese may not be far off from yours. There's a lot of political dialogue and phrases used due to the era they are from. I am also struggling with some of the conversations. But when I am desperate enough, I take up my trusty phone and use the camera feature on google translate, put it on a stand, so the phone can read the translations. Works sometimes just enough to get by.

Spoiler

I thought it was gastric because the brother blasted him for not eating regularly. LOL

And I think the way the actor is portraying Jin Li as being a little hot-headed, speaking really fast, with a lot of zeal for what he is saying, is spot-on for that character. Sharp contrast to the Prince, who is very logical and level-headed. Edited: I rewatched, and the brother did say "Is it your stomach again? You are not eating regularly?" So, it was stomach pain, and the position he was clutching, was his stomach"

By E30, I cheated and watched that first, Leng Yue's grandfather even asked the Prince what sort of person Jing Yi is as he says the way Leng Yue looks at him is exactly the way her parents looked at each other. So I think grandad gives his blessings to their relationship, yay!

more revealed about the Prince and his brother, the mystery unfolds...

Spoiler

So in E23, the Eunuch is going through info (like personal dossier) that Xu Ru Gui had compiled and burning them. He suddenly asks what rumours his eunuch aide/student had heard about the pregnancy of Princess Xi Ping. So the Eunuch aide replies, a pregnant woman would normally have her pulse taken at 6-7 months of pregnancy to diagnose if she were carrying twins etc. But in Princess Xi Ping's case, she only had her twins reported when they were born. So it looks like we were right, the Prince may not be her child, only the General is her true-born.

In E27, the Eunuch Qian Luan confirms that one baby was born, the other was adopted. He suspects that the adopted one is the son of a General (could this be the general who was said to have been rebelious, who told the Prince's father to leave the battle to him, and right the injustice? apparently the wife died of dystocia, difficulty in giving birth).

I hope you all get to watch E23-24 soon. There's bound to be some squealing and tons of laughter.

Do let me know what you all think when you've watched it. @Emerald Snow you know how you commented about 

Spoiler

a confession? It's in E23...and it's so like the Prince but as a viewer, so darn funny. enjoy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Awww, episode 20 was such a delight. I really admire their bond with each other. And, it looks like we have another blossoming couple. Fingers crossed Jin Li will also find a match too. :D

Reveal hidden contents

This part was so hilarious yet heart-warming at the same time. I loved the brothers’ candid conversation with each other afterwards. Normally, royal brothers would compete over rank/title with each other, but these two value brotherhood above anything else. I was happy it was clarified that Jin Li cares for Jin Yu so much simply because they’re brothers, not out of guilt from their childhood incident.

About Prince An, I think he was suffering more from heartaches than gastritis. LOL. Based on his conversation with Leng Yue, he seems aware of his feelings for Chu Chu, but he cannot accept them yet. I assume it’s because Chu Chu is supposedly a descendant of a rebel family responsible for his father’s “death”. I am hoping he will be able to debunk this claim soon. For justice of course, but it's also hard to see Prince An wrestle with his feelings in front of Chu Chu and lose his composure. It's so not him.

@taeunfighting  I know.  That is exactly what I meant.  Jin Li (elder brother) carrying Jin Yu (his younger brother) upstairs to have a good rest.  First time for a Chinese Drama.  And both are "Straight Guys".  Which is why I said ep 20 is a Lovely Ep. 

:loolz:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Ep 21 and 22 reveals more of the massacre. 

The Late Emperor Wen Zhong issued a Secret Decree to summon General Chen Ying to quickly return to Chang An to help him.  But was thwarted by the then powerful Eunuch Qian Luan

Ep21:

Running away from Qian Luan's forces, Xiao Heng (Prince An's father) suffered so much.  One of his legs was badly stabbed and he had to jump down a cliff in the hope to survive.  There a Witch Doctor saved his life.  And when the Witch Doctor died, he pretended to be him.

To avoid detection by Qian Luan's men, he dared not seek treatment for his injured leg and eventually succumbed to it's fatality.  Knowing his days are numbered, he drowned himself  to Death in a shallow swamp, concealling the One-Sentence Revelation (the Emperor's Secret Decree) in his Mouth (I can't imagine what a torturous death it is.  All caused by a Power Hungry Eunuch)

Lord Xiao Heng is extremely intelligent to devise such a ingenious trails of evidences.  And fortunately Jin Yu (even though we don't know whose son he is, is smart enough to "uncover" them.  I can't help imagining - what if he didn't??  The Truth will be buried with Lord Xiao Heng) 

:dead:

Ep 22:

Meanwhile Duke Chang, the Minister of War  together with Li Zhang, was sent  to capture Chu Chu. Fortunately Jin Yu got the news and quickly despatch Jin Li and the gang (Jing Yi and Leng Yue) to protect her.

The scene of Jin Li and Leng Yue fighting for a Drumstick is so hilarious. 

Chu Chu discovered something amiss about Li Zhang - his palms are full of scars..    What is the story behind those scars?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dzareth said:

Maybe I missed something but is Duke Chang=Xue Rucheng= Minister of War? The guy who is like a teacher to Prince An? Is he a good guy or a bad guy?

@dzareth  I believe Duke Chang is a good person.  My apology if I have caused you confusions. At times it is a challenge to remember who is who ya. After watching the entire 12 eps. And then have to wait for a week, I lost the flow of my thoughts.  :lol:

@SC2019  Thanks for the warning. I just watched ep 23.  Yes. Prince An's Proposal to Chu Chu is so Priceless.   Made me LOL.  Both Prince An and Chu Chu are so Innocent and Naive.  How can there be such a "straight" man?

And the reactions of Leng Yue too! Ha, Ha.  Jingyi is is the cheeky one.  He is such a livewire.

:loolz:

• Like 1

@dzareth  @hush puppy at this point we don't know whether Duke Chang's intentions to sit himself on the throne are borne out of good or ill intent. All we know (at least based on what I can understand) is that he sees himself as the rightful heir to the throne (the son of the previous ruling Emperor) and has been setting things in motion to do so. Fake coins, raising an army, and the latest that we know is ....

Spoiler

seeking to collude with Qian Luan, the eunuch (which is featured in E30)

But Prince An is upright, and (I believe) to him the Duke's intention is an act of rebellion. So it may not sit well with him and he has already reported this to the Emperor (when he sought permission to investigate the fake coins under the 'pretense' of looking for his father. The current reigning Emperor (based on a voice-over from the earlier episodes) also does not seem like a bad one, he mentioned that he was carefully balancing power between the court officials and the eunuchs so that he could ensure the nationa enjoys peace. Based on his thoughts which we hear, which doesn't make him look like a bad Emperor, it's unlikely that Prince An will support his reign being overthrown. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I suspect the show will culminate in the revelation of who Duke Chang is, perhaps being apprehended/ his demise, the demise/ fall of Qian Luan and judging from the opening OST, a wedding for him and Chu Chu. And hopefully one for Jing Yi and Leng Yue. I also hope the Emperor takes kindly to his mother's adoption and falsely declaring that she has two sons. In those days, these things are a crime that the Emperor can sentence, and of course pardon as well. Come to think of it, I think now, that maybe the General (Jin Li) is not her son, probably takes after his own father who was a General (and the mother was worried about him marrying Leng Yue as this may spell trouble for him, if he inherits so much power - the General guards an important border and is seen as a formidable force). Whereas Prince An is more like the father, smart, analytical and a wise person.

@hush puppy Later in E24 - you will laugh just as hard, coupled with the animations that they added in to intensify the humour. And in E25, his explanation is so logical and analytical that you just wanna say...gee scriptwriter, you've really got this character nailed to a tee. I just wanna say for these few episodes, thank heavens the director allowed us scenes to savour our OTP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

@dzareth  @hush puppy at this point we don't know whether Duke Chang's intentions to sit himself on the throne are borne out of good or ill intent. All we know (at least based on what I can understand) is that he sees himself as the rightful heir to the throne (the son of the previous ruling Emperor) and has been setting things in motion to do so. Fake coins, raising an army, and the latest that we know is ....

Reveal hidden contents

seeking to collude with Qian Luan, the eunuch (which is featured in E30)

But Prince An is upright, and (I believe) to him the Duke's intention is an act of rebellion. So it may not sit well with him and he has already reported this to the Emperor (when he sought permission to investigate the fake coins under the 'pretense' of looking for his father. The current reigning Emperor (based on a voice-over from the earlier episodes) also does not seem like a bad one, he mentioned that he was carefully balancing power between the court officials and the eunuchs so that he could ensure the nationa enjoys peace. Based on his thoughts which we hear, which doesn't make him look like a bad Emperor, it's unlikely that Prince An will support his reign being overthrown. 

Hide contents

Spoiler

I suspect the show will culminate in the revelation of who Duke Chang is, perhaps being apprehended/ his demise, the demise/ fall of Qian Luan and judging from the opening OST, a wedding for him and Chu Chu. And hopefully one for Jing Yi and Leng Yue. I also hope the Emperor takes kindly to his mother's adoption and falsely declaring that she has two sons. In those days, these things are a crime that the Emperor can sentence, and of course pardon as well. Come to think of it, I think now, that maybe the General (Jin Li) is not her son, probably takes after his own father who was a General (and the mother was worried about him marrying Leng Yue as this may spell trouble for him, if he inherits so much trouble). Whereas Prince An is more like the father, smart, analytical and a wise person.

@hush puppy Later in E24 - you will laugh just as hard, coupled with the animations that they added in to intensify the humour. And in E25, his explanation is so logical and analytical that you just wanna say...gee scriptwriter, you've really got this character nailed to a tee. I just wanna say for these few episodes, thank heavens the director allowed us scenes to savour our OTP.

@SC2019  So my initial instinct is correct.  The opening scene of Ep 22 makes me think that Duke Chang/ Minister of War is not a good person.  But when someone questions me, I falter. Thinking I could be wrong.  A week of waiting disrupts my Train of Thoughts, you see.

OK.  Now I'm off to ep 24 for a good laugh again. 

• Blob 1

sorry @hush puppy didn't answer your question about the scars on the palm of Li Zhang's hand

Spoiler

he got the wound from a process of minting the fake coins. He acquired this skills when he was making a living to make ends meet by using such tools, perhaps for wood work then? This is according to the story (what he did in his younger days before becoming a court official), and is loyal to Duke Chang - has been helping him imprint the word on the coin.

Oh, on another note, the Duke was willing to sacrifice his own student, Prince An, i.e. have him murdered by Li Zhang. In this regard, I would say he may not be someone who values relationships, after all, he saw Prince An grow up and has been grooming him. So, to readily sacrifice him to ascend the throne (Prince An is seen as an impediment to his plans) speaks volumes about his morality. This may give us a clue about whether the Duke is a 'good' or 'bad' person, at least by our own moral standards.

do watch E24, and let me know how you enjoyed it...

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

sorry @hush puppy didn't answer your question about the scars on the palm of Li Zhang's hand

Reveal hidden contents

he got the wound from a process of minting the fake coins. He acquired this skills when he was making a living to make ends meet by using such tools, perhaps for wood work then? This is according to the story (what he did in his younger days before becoming a court official), and is loyal to Duke Chang - has been helping him imprint the word on the coin.I 

Oh, on another note, the Duke was willing to sacrifice his own student, Prince An, i.e. have him murdered by Li Zhang. In this regard, I would say he may not be someone who values relationships, after all, he saw Prince An grow up and has been grooming him. So, to readily sacrifice him to ascend the throne (Prince An is seen as an impediment to his plans) speaks volumes about his morality. This may give us a clue about whether the Duke is a 'good' or 'bad' person, at least by our own moral standards.

do watch E24, and let me know how you enjoyed it...

@SC2019  I just finished Ep 24

1) This time my Laughter is more serious - until my Stomach is so painful.  Really.  I thought my stomach is going to burst.

Imagine giving to Chu Chu, flowers which the locals use to feed Pigs.  And then telling her that:  "Seeing these Flowers, remind him of her"!  The Audacity

Jingyi sure have a lot of good ideas.  Jinli is correct.  Prince An should not have listened to Jingyi.  Because he is not the one who loves Chu Chu.  And vice versa.  At times it is better to trust our Instincts.  I just prove it on myself in my previous post above.

At least when Prince An is himself, Chu Chu can admire and respect him.  What is she going to think of him now?

2) I'm 100% sure now that Duke Chang is Not a good man. Because he conspires with Li Zhang before Li Zhang brings Prince An & his party to the suspected manufacturing place for the Fake Coins.  All along the way, I was so Worried for them.

3) Inside the cave, Prince An's phobia erupted again. Chu Chu almost blurt it out.  But she managed to stop herself in time.  Thanks god, she is willing to forgive Prince An and help him.

4) Chu Chu is sharp enough to immediately connect the tools to the scars on Li Zhang's palms.

And ep 24 ended in suspense.......

I have to give my poor Tummy a rest

:loolz::loolz:

• Like 1

@hush puppy Glad you enjoyed E24, at least that part of it brought you a good dose of laughter! I know right, the flowers and the animation, and the reaction he got from his friends and brother, what an amazing combination. The brother isn't all brawn only, at times his advice for his younger brother makes a lot of sense. I reckon Prince An is IQ smart but the elder brother is more 'street smart', and knows the way of the world a bit better. I agree, Jing Yi needs to bring him to see the world a bit more. (In Maiden Holmes, the other show with an admirable ML, at least that one there was truly a man of the world, including visiting brothels, so he was IQ smart and street smart too).

Chu Chu is very sensible, you'll see in E25, and she is not one to bear grudges, not like the typical female stereotype in that era. It's no wonder our Prince thinks the world of her.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@hush puppy Glad you enjoyed E24, at least that part of it brought you a good dose of laughter! I know right, the flowers and the animation, and the reaction he got from his friends and brother, what an amazing combination. The brother isn't all brawn only, at times his advice for his younger brother makes a lot of sense. I reckon Prince An is IQ smart but the elder brother is more 'street smart', and knows the way of the world a bit better. I agree, Jing Yi needs to bring him to see the world a bit more. (In Maiden Holmes, the other show with an admirable ML, at least that one there was truly a man of the world, including visiting brothels, so he was IQ smart and street smart too).

Chu Chu is very sensible, you'll see in E25, and she is not one to bear grudges, not like the typical female stereotype in era. It's no wonder our Prince thinks the world of her.

@SC2019

Ep 25

1) I don't like the over-use of the "Mouth Resuscitation" or Kisses trope.   It is ever present in almost every Chinese Period Dramas: FL falling into the river - resuscitate or kisses.

2) So you see.  When Prince An is himself, he can easily solves his relationship problem with Chu Chu.  The way he probes Chu Chu's heart & affections in the Cave.  So easy.

3) Chu Chu is so cute.  When Prince An "tests the Wind Direction", she thought he is asking for a Hug.:lol:   And the director cleverly duplicates it with the other pair - Jingyi & Leng Yue

4) Yes. What he said makes complete sense: "If Chu Chu dies, he can easily find another Coroner.  But he can never find another Chu Chu".

5) Chu Chu's adopted Grand Daddy is so cute.  Taking a peep at the Two Lovers. 

• Blob 1

Alright I am done with Episode 30, will be back to edit this post later.  All I can say is, this is probably my most favorite drama of 2021 so far.  Yes, I like it even more than Word of Honor.  =D

EDIT:

Spoiler

Ep 23

- it's really cute to see Chu Chu deciding whether to go to see him or not by eating a tangerine.  Like plucking the petals off a flower haha
 - OMGGGG Prince An's confession scene!  WOW!  I've never seen anyone confess by proposing marriage, no wonder she ran away so quickly.  I also can't stop laughing at Leng Yue choking on the wine when Chu Chu told her
 - LMAO Jing Yi and his reaction when Prince An told him.  He perked up right away and turned on his "baqua" mode

Ep 24

- the flower/pig food scene, you have to feel bad for Prince An.  But it's also so funny haha.  I can't get over the part where Jing Yi is cracking up and then telling Jinli what happened as he was being kicked out of Prince An's room

Ep 25

- I have issues with how Chu Chu performed CPR on Prince An.  His cheeks aren't puffing at all!  I thought she's supposed to be blowing air in.
 - awww they finally got together in the sweetest and most natural way, so cute!

- poor Chu Chu thought Prince An wanted a hug when he was just testing the direction of the wind
 - the way her grandpa and father spied on them was pretty adorable

Ep 26

- so Duke Wang is the one behind all the murders of the officials?  I don't know why but this whole time I thought it was Qin Luan.  Thinking back though, it didn't make sense for Qin Luan to be doing that since it wouldn't do him any good
 - I like how Prince An is helping her pick vegetables, how adorable.  I like the little details like this that makes the drama feel very grounded

Ep 27

- oooo so Jin Bao belongs to the Emperor, I like this!  Emperor is a lot smarter than my first impression of him from the beginning episodes
 - I was always suspecting that if one of the brothers was adopted, the child could be Duke Wang's baby that the Princess saved for whatever reason (maybe Chang Wang is her blood brother, etc)
 - NVM the baby is General Chen Ying's son!  I thought it was Chu Chu that was his daughter, but now it seems like it could be Jinli instead

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@Emerald Snow What is so good about "Word Of Honor"?  Bcos of all the compliments I hear,  I tried a few times (4-5 times) - up to ep 6 but cannot get into it. Gave up.  At least for The Untamed, I can finished the whole series.  Not my favourite.  But can still enjoy to a certain extent.

I just finished ep 30.  Ep 27 -29 are a bit boring. But ep 30 is better.  Things are beginning to take shape and we have a better picture now. 

Spoiler

So Duke Chang=The Minister of War or Prince An's teacher is aligning with the Eunuch Qin Luan.  Next week should be exciting.

Prince An is really so intelligent. He can piece things together so easily and quickly.  How wonderful if his father is still alive

• Like 1

@hush puppy @Emerald Snow do share your thoughts when you can, though we might want to put our discussions under spoiler for now as I think those that need subs can only access up to 24 on WeTV. 

Spoiler

I guess wE27-29 was without much OTP interaction, and went back to being about the overarching mystery. I wonder if Qin Luan will cave in and partner with Duke Chang?

I know what you mean, how nice if the father were still alive, or at least if he got to say a few words to the father before he left.

Late to the party, hope I still I have time to join the discussion. I'm still at episode 6 though, first time in a long time I actually have to pay attention to a series since I like watching all the prop and explanation of the autopsies, murder, etc, and also all the reaction by the actors to a certain info and stuffs, so I cannot watch it while doing other stuff, which slows down my watching rate:bawling:. Reminds me of David Suchet's Poirot or early Elementary season. It's fun following all their detective stuff. I was scrolling fast past through all the discussions to not get spoiled lol.

Jing Yi's parents are sus as hell, I think the dad is the one who stall Prince An's men to warn the gatekeeper, But I don't think he's working for the Eunuch though, seems like he has other agenda and just want to hinder Prince An for whatever reason, might be wrong opinion though, since you all already watch the latest eps.

So far I like all the actors and story is intriguing, some gripe probably the aspect ratio, why so weird actually have to watch it fullscreen :persevere: some of the scene is pretty dark, I don't know if it's aesthetic choice or just my monitor. The Handsome Judge plot, I know it's most likely will payoff in future episodes, but everytime she keep saying that Jin Yu is the handsome judge I want to strangle the girl. Girl, he already explained to you, reasonably, why he couldn't be the handsome judge, why you keep insisting on it?! Chu Chu usually so smart, just for this one thing she become a stubborn dum dum imho:expressionless:

Are you all watching raw episodes without English sub? That's amazing, this series is too hard for my mediocre Chinese, with all the murder anatomy things, plants, poisons, etc.  I watched on Youtube, it's still only at 15, so I was confused when I saw episode 30 when I was scrolling past.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For those confused about the family tree, ML's great grandpa Tang Mu Zong (died at 30 from immortality pill poisoning) had three sons that went on to become emperors, Jing Zong (first prince, emperor for two years, killed by eunuch at 17), Wen Zong (second prince, emperor for 14 years, after Gan Lu Incident, he was basically under house arrest and became ill then died at 31), Wu Zong (fifth prince, emperor for 6 years, died from immortality pills at 33).

The current emperor Xuan Zong was picked by the eunuchs cos he was pretending to be mentally unstable and they thought he'd be easy to control. He's the previous three's uncle but he's younger than Wen Zong by a year, older than Wu Zong by four. Princess Xi Ping is Wen Zong's daughter, Duke Chang is Wu Zong's son, so these two are first cousins. Oh, ML's dad was sent to suppress a rebellion in ep 1, that's directly related to the Gan Lu incident.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

On 5/15/2021 at 1:16 AM, dzareth said:

Maybe I missed something but is Duke Chang=Xue Rucheng= Minister of War? The guy who is like a teacher to Prince An? Is he a good guy or a bad guy?

Spoiler

Yeap, he is one and the same.  By this point, it is safe to assume that Duke Chang is a bad guy because he is probably the one behind all the murders of the officials in the beginning of the drama, and he is ok with his underling Li Zhang killing off Prince An.  Anyone willing to kill off his own student is a bad guy in my books.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:16 PM, hush puppy said:

@Emerald Snow What is so good about "Word Of Honor"?  Bcos of all the compliments I hear,  I tried a few times (4-5 times) - up to ep 6 but cannot get into it. Gave up.  At least for The Untamed, I can finished the whole series.  Not my favourite.  But can still enjoy to a certain extent.

What I liked about Word of Honor was that it was a very good wuxia drama.  There have been some so-called wuxia dramas that have been very disappointing, and I think we are all sick of adaptations by this point.  I have always been a huge fan of wuxia dramas and I really miss when TVB would produce good original wuxia dramas.  

The Untamed will always be my favorite guilty pleasure though.  =D

On 5/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, SC2019 said:

@hush puppy @Emerald Snow do share your thoughts when you can, though we might want to put our discussions under spoiler for now as I think those that need subs can only access up to 24 on WeTV. 

Reveal hidden contents

I guess wE27-29 was without much OTP interaction, and went back to being about the overarching mystery. I wonder if Qin Luan will cave in and partner with Duke Chang?

I know what you mean, how nice if the father were still alive, or at least if he got to say a few words to the father before he left.

Spoiler

I feel a lot of regret for Xiao Heng's character.  Honestly I don't think I ever felt so sad for a character who technically has not even been alive in the current time frame of the drama.  He couldn't go back to see his family and he couldn't even leave this village to go find help.  He couldn't risk sending news back to Chang An because he didn't know who he could trust, and he probably didn't want to implicate the innocent villagers.  Overall, a very sad ending for a capable and intelligent character.

I think on the surface, Qin Luan and Duke Chang will work together.  But they will probably try to backstab and get rid of each other once they feel the other person is of no use to them anymore.  We already know that Duke Chang hates Qin Luan and wants him to die to avenge his family.  Plus Qin Luan didn't do himself any favors by always picking on Minister Xue (example, when Minister Xue was injured).  Qin Luan wants to get rid of the person who basically blackmailed him into working with him.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:10 AM, SC2019 said:

Chu Chu is very sensible, you'll see in E25, and she is not one to bear grudges, not like the typical female stereotype in that era. It's no wonder our Prince thinks the world of her.

One of the reasons I love this drama is because the romance has been handled very well.  It is not the main focus of the drama so it doesn't drag on and on, and yet there is just enough to keep us engaged.  The progression of their relationship is very natural and not forced at all.  They have mutual respect for each other which is the foundation of their feelings.  You can understand why they fell for each other.  THINGS MAKE SENSE!  We aren't presented with set ups like:

Female lead: acts innocent and yet does the most annoyingly dumb things and doesn't think about the consequences

Male lead: Oooo she's different, I like her!

Thank goodness this drama is not like that.  And yes, the flower scene was hilarious as hell.  

22 hours ago, skibbies said:

For those confused about the family tree, ML's great grandpa Tang Mu Zong (died at 30 from immortality pill poisoning) had three sons that went on to become emperors, Jing Zong (first prince, emperor for two years, killed by eunuch at 17), Wen Zong (second prince, emperor for 14 years, after Gan Lu Incident, he was basically under house arrest and became ill then died at 31), Wu Zong (fifth prince, emperor for 6 years, died from immortality pills at 33).

The current emperor Xuan Zong was picked by the eunuchs cos he was pretending to be mentally unstable and they thought he'd be easy to control. He's the previous three's uncle but he's younger than Wen Zong by a year, older than Wu Zong by four. Princess Xi Ping is Wen Zong's daughter, Duke Chang is Wu Zong's son, so these two are first cousins. Oh, ML's dad was sent to suppress a rebellion in ep 1, that's directly related to the Gan Lu incident.

Thank you for this post!  So that's how they're all related...

Leng Yue's parents also died due to the Gan Lu incident I believe.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

It is been a while, since I join a discussion here...the last time was "under the power". 

But the drama "the imperial coroner" got me hooked. So I hope, that it will have succes and a lot of fans will find a way here to disucss about it.

• Blob 1