[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Hero 你是我的城池营垒

sugarplum892

13 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

I still feel they should find a partner for Lu Feng. Poor guy ends up with no one. If Zhou Wen Jing was at Xia and WSB's wedding....maybe the writers could have added sparks between them? 

I wish for that too... I like the guy despite being seen as a playboy.

For those awaiting E40, and anticipating sweet scenes, there's plenty to go round for all the 3 couples. And there's much to be said about our ML and FL for their ability to hold a mature conversation. Enjoy the rest of you!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

For those awaiting E40, and anticipating sweet scenes, there's plenty to go round for all the 3 couples. And there's much to be said about our ML and FL for their ability to hold a mature conversation. Enjoy the 

Where are you watching from? Is there a site I can stream from with subs while it's being broadcasted? 

First, I'm watching from Canada  so my time is way behind. So when Asia is watching, im sleeping lol. I also have to wait a day or 2 for dramacool to upload with subs. The wait is killing me!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYXbaby said:

Where are you watching from? Is there a site I can stream from with subs while it's being broadcasted? 

First, I'm watching from Canada  so my time is way behind. So when Asia is watching, im sleeping lol. I also have to wait a day or 2 for dramacool to upload with subs. The wait is killing me!

I have mentioned on a few posts earlier.  The drama is available on WETV, if you're VIP, you get to watch the finale real time.  Fee is very minimal, i think my subscription is worth it, esp with YAMH.  As soon as the drama airs, dramanice dot so uploads it asap.

I was two hours late from the finale, dead tired from finishing a mock hearing session I need to submit. :( But all my tiredness wiped away from the wonderful finale episodes.  I just like YAMH so much and MIka and Kelei.  Many are wishing for a season 2.  I would love to watch Xing KElei getting busy taking care of their kids.

This drama's strength is not on the kissing department, no, but the rest is just perfect and I don't mind.

38 minutes ago, NYXbaby said:

hahaha Baijingting's third!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Even before I see the finale @nonski thank you for the great posts and keeping us entertained while we waited for all the eps .  :thumbsup:

You’re welcome chingu and it’s my pleasure. I hope i was not spoilery tho if so sorry about that.

I love the company in these forums.  It was a grear but made greater while watching with you all.  It will be a long time before I could watch the same kind of drama with good quality and great acting from awesome actors. I could finally say in the end that every minute spent with the show is all worth it. No show had made me happy each and every tome 9 watch.

The OST are great as well.  Every song is worth your listening time.  I’m glad it’s available on Itunes.  I have never liked an OST as much since Bu Bu Jing Xin

here are some more bts

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I just finished the finale! Sooo goood! I haven't seen a good series like this in a while. Definitely not the domineering ceo/contractual marriage type I normally watch lol. 

This series is a great eye opener to see the daily life of a police or doctor.  They always put citizens in need first.  

Thanks to everyone in this chat for sharing their thoughts, links, info!!! 

Good night! 

• Like 2

Just watched Ep37

Some concerns

a. Why was Xia in the officers' hostel, i thought it would be off girlfiend or spouse area

b. Mi Ka opening the ring box and taking the ring out?

c. Kelei grabbing Mi Ka's mouth after saying she wouldnt go abroad...

Gonna slowly watch the episodes, as ive downloaded the last episode :lol:.. and making comments along the way...

Ep 39 - 

Cute that they both want to surprise each other, but met at the bus instead..

Amazing that Ke Lei knows all the medical tools... heh

I thought Ke Lei and Mika were engaged before she left overseas... 

Ep40

When he jokingly said he didnt remember her;  my first reaction was, is he dreaming or what and  how did a stab in the lung resulted in memory loss??. Haha

I liked his proposal speech but its a shame that he didnt reward everyone who make effort to make his proposal a success...

And its a shame that they  didnt have a wedding scene... i was wondering where did they filmed the show and how come it looked so cold.. 

‐----

Overall, good show... 

1. Introduced me to BJT

2. Great to see Sandra Ma after so long

3. Plot wise was good though i got irritated with Wenbao and Xia's relationship

4. Kenyao's relationship resolution was also good and i like the siblings banter..

5. Dr Shao's character was also good, initially i tot he was gonna like Mika but its good that Kenyao was introduced as his ex and continued to pursue her after they met each other.

Did Dr Shao not know who KeLei was on their meeting first time, or did Kenyao hide her romance from her family. I think that was what she did. 

6. Surprising for chinese business family to allow their only son not to be involve in business; and do such a dangerous job.. he might excel in it but still to ensure continuity of business, sons usually had to take over...

*good run of the show* claps

And its great that Chinese dramas end faster than Koreans where Koreans only show, generally two episodes per week... less waiting foe new dramas, haha... 

The next drama im going to follow is probably Lin Yi's... and i saw 8 episodes are already out and subbed. Amazingly fast....

• Like 1

Sharing some cute Bai Jingtings... Xing Kelei

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

When he jokingly said he didnt remember her;  my first reaction was, is he dreaming or what and  how did a stab in the lung resulted in memory loss??. Haha

Hahaha MiKa knew and when she called him his name, bham busted. :) 

I liked his proposal speech but its a shame that he didnt reward everyone who make effort to make his proposal a success.

That too... well he just need the moment after for themselves, the rest can wait for their reward.

And its a shame that they  didnt have a wedding scene... i was wondering where did they filmed the show and how come it looked so cold.. 

IKR!  but the proposal compensated it for me.  

Surprising for chinese business family to allow their only son not to be involve in business; and do such a dangerous job.. he might excel in it but still to ensure continuity of business, sons usually had to take over...

Hahaha minimal suspension of disbelief and you add the continuity of their family name! 

He was supposed to be a smart RickRoll'D also and he was introduced to the tools prior to going up the bus, which we see that he was not really able to catch up on all the tools thus making the criminal noticed his mistake.

Not formally tho, it was more like they promised each other. MiKa said yes at the wedding dress shop but asked him later to give him a grand wedding proposal when she comes back, which he actually did.

The next drama im going to follow is probably Lin Yi's... and i saw 8 episodes are already out and subbed. Amazingly fast....

Checking on it also, when they up the dramas on WeTV, VIPs get to watch the advance 6 episodes plus the recently airing first 2 and we get 8.  Since it's VIP we get to watch with subs as it airs, usually with some issues on the subs but overall it's okay.  What follows then are streaming sites grabbing the episodes with subs resulting to "leaked" episodes to non-VIP, non subscribers.  Reality!

27 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

Love it love it looooove it. I think it was a good drama. XK and MK are definitely one of my fav drama couple.

YAMH will go down as one of my top on my top tier of fave dramas, so that' the top 10.  This drama will be for keeps.  Once I love the show, it's automatically stored on my external drive for future viewing purposes. :) 

If I can, will post later my overall review, for now, just gonna bask and rewatch a few scenes. Again.  Again.  Again.

5 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

I just finished the finale! Sooo goood! I haven't seen a good series like this in a while.

True!  I was thinking this was gonna finish in a perfunctory manner, like let's just wrap it up but my golly the last two episodes left me wanting with a season 2.  I think this show can definitely do a another season.  I wanna see a Xing Kelei dad!  Since their occupation can give us more situational drama, another say 36 episodes is viable.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Just watched Ep37

Some concerns

a. Why was Xia in the officers' hostel, i thought it would be off girlfiend or spouse area

b. Mi Ka opening the ring box and taking the ring out?

c. Kelei grabbing Mi Ka's mouth after saying she wouldnt go abroad...

Gonna slowly watch the episodes, as ive downloaded the last episode :lol:.. and making comments along the way...

a) i know right!? especially with the door closed!!!

c) i went back to that part, and I didn't see that?!?!

Just watched Ep37

Ep 39 - 

Cute that they both want to surprise each other, but met at the bus instead..

How many times do they need to be present the ring and make it official?  1st time at home when she found it, 2nd time at the bridal store, 3rd time she wa wearing it around her neck, 4th time she put it on while in the ambulance and he saw her wearing it while she was resting with him in the hospital bed, 5th time when he finally gave her the formal proposal.  I would have thought they were considered "engaged" when they had the "talk" before she left to go abroad(the first time)

5. Dr Shao's character was also good, initially i tot he was gonna like Mika but its good that Kenyao was introduced as his ex and continued to pursue her after they met each other.

Did Dr Shao not know who KeLei was on their meeting first time, or did Kenyao hide her romance from her family. I think that was what she did. 

6. Surprising for chinese business family to allow their only son not to be involve in business; and do such a dangerous job.. he might excel in it but still to ensure continuity of business, sons usually had to take over...

5. I thought the same thing! But then as the show progressed along, he saw the potential in her that she would be a good doctor. I think he wanted to groom her to follow his footstep and to be even better when he recommended her to go abroad for that program.

6. I think at the time when the family business needed help, XKL would have been too young to run the company.  Didn't they say he's 7-8 years younger than Keyao? Keyao was in univeristy at the time when she had to make the decision to leave Shao and her studies...so that would be XKL in high school? Keyao appears to be the the type to "take it for the team" so that XKL can pursue his dream/occupation.  haha, under one condition, he gets married first so the parents doesn't keep bugging her and to the point where she offers to pick out the ring while she already knows MK's ring size. 

In Ep 40

1) when they were packing their suitcases...where were they going?  I thought she was going abroad again for 1/2 year but why was he packing his own suitcase? Unless i got that wrong that he was helping her pack.

2) the kiss after the formal proposal was weak.  It's just a long still peck.....should have been a bit more passionate with lips actually moving (like in the car for their 1st kiss).  

• Like 2

@NYXbaby

She took out the ring from the box because KeLei didnt go back to the house but she had it with her when she ran down the apartment to look for him.  She asked if the ring is for her and she wouldnt go, knowing KeLei was upset... so yeah, she took out the ring from the box....

They may have show many times the ring and we assumed they were *engage, however KeLei also said she will leave the country as his wife*, to make sure their relationship will be strong due to the separation... So between engagement and marriage, if we are going to make literal sense of it, they should have gotten married before Mika left for the overseas... and in normal engagement, men always? wear their ring as well.... nevertheless, small issue

Another observation which i missed was that, when his fellow friends were raving about his ring to Mika during the Xia and Wenbao preWedding party, he said, he is just lucky and that his parents worked very hard/well, hence he could afford the ring... the statement is an acknowledgemtnt of his wealth, in a humble way:wub: as he himself is an accomplished police officer

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

1) when they were packing their suitcases...where were they going?  I thought she was going abroad again for 1/2 year but why was he packing his own suitcase? Unless i got that wrong that he was helping her pack.

He is going with her for a vacation, lols to be her maid while she's studying. :) He mentioned he did not avail of his day for the past 18 months just to get this vacation.

the kiss after the formal proposal was weak.  It's just a long still peck.....should have been a bit more passionate with lips actually moving (like in the car for their 1st kiss).  

Yeah that was reaaaaaaaaally weak but I'll take what I can.  They are supposed to be mature already, age wise so I was thinking a little bit of kissing wouldn't hurt.  I dunno about these two, maybe they have issues about it.  Look at MLH, gosh so many kisses, I can't count anymore.  I guess tho that despite the lack of kisses the show did well! Look at us. :) 

I think at the time when the family business needed help, XKL would have been too young to run the company.  Didn't they say he's 7-8 years younger than Keyao? Keyao was in univeristy at the time when she had to make the decision to leave Shao and her studies...so that would be XKL in high school?

Oh yeah this explains it.  Tho XKL could have been groomed to do the business still so Keyao can get married early.  Their family has kind of a role reversal here.

How many times do they need to be present the ring and make it official?  1st time at home when she found it, 2nd time at the bridal store, 3rd time she wa wearing it around her neck, 4th time she put it on while in the ambulance and he saw her wearing it while she was resting with him in the hospital bed, 5th time when he finally gave her the formal proposal.  I would have thought they were considered "engaged" when they had the "talk" before she left to go abroad(the first time)

Looking back, this seems funny already, too many times to get to be engaged prior to the formal engagement.  I initially thought yeah that was informal but now that you got it detailed here, lols.

c) i went back to that part, and I didn't see that?!?!

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

She took out the ring from the box because KeLei didnt go back to the house but she had it with her when she ran down the apartment to look for him.  She asked if the ring is for her and she wouldnt go, knowing KeLei was upset... so yeah, she took out the ring from the box....

It wasn't shown that she opened the box but she got it already and showed to XKL.

So between engagement and marriage, if we are going to make literal sense of it, they should have gotten married before Mika left for the overseas

I even assumed that before she went abroad, they register to the Civil Affairs but then when she went back, the formal engagement.

Another observation which i missed was that, when his fellow friends were raving about his ring to Mika during the Xia and Wenbao preWedding party, he said, he is just lucky and that his parents worked very hard/well, hence he could afford the ring... the statement is an acknowledgemtnt of his wealth, in a humble way:wub: as himself is an accomplished police officer

I like this part actually.  He is subtle about his financial capacity.  Aside from being an accomplished police officer his family is quite of wealth.  The ring is quite something especially that Keyao jie gets to choose it.  

Bai Jingting posted on 8th April a message to Xing Kelei.  I think this is a touching message. Pardon for the rough translation.

#白敬亭 Weibo update On 8th April Baijingting left a touching message to Xing Kelei

EylR27RU4AAvVUg?format=jpg&name=medium

EylR27SUcAAMAIh?format=jpg&name=medium

EylR2_FUUAQCO0f?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Hehe.. Regarding the ring.. no one gave it to MiKa.. she saw the box on the table, opened it and was very excited about it...

She obviously took it;  show it to KeLei who was sitting down downstairs the apartment...if it wasnt her who took the ring, who else could have possibly given it to her?

Why must there be a scene to prove that she took the ring? Its obvious that it was her as she was alone in the apartment, waiting for KeLei, who didnt go back to the apartment, as he needed time to digest the news that Mika wants to leave, for the sake of her career. 

Thanks for translating BJT/ KeLei's farewell message and its great that he also added Mika in that farewell :wub:

• Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 10:07 PM, realistic2280a said:

Thanks for translating BJT/ KeLei's farewell message and its great that he also added Mika in that farewell :wub:

You're welcome!

Last 8th April, the cast of YAMH did a Weibo Live, check out this video below

• Love 1

Ha.. its probably true that he didnt wash his hair, or else why would he use a cap... apart from covering his long hair

Was there anything interesting things that came out from their conversation?

Also i read earlier, the name of their daughter? And its a combination of their name or something.. what as it again?

---

The explosive news about KJH's relationship with his ex-, identified as  SYJ, that affected his drama Time and actress Seohyun (Girls Generation) is trending in Korean entertainment news... shocking news...

See what agencies will do to keep an actor; and after 3 years, Seohyun deserve apology from KJH for his bad behaviour... definately inexcusable..

• Like 2