[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

• 3 weeks later...

"Directed by Jo Hyun Tak and written by Yoo Hyun Mi, a duo best known for their work in 2018’s Sky Castle, get the details on this Korean drama here. From the cast and plot to the recent controversy surrounding the series. "

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 5 weeks later...

Coming very soon. Not sure if this will 16 or 20 episodes but some twt says 20.

To be honest, I've never seen male and female lead in any drama. But I know of the other cast.

I'm waiting for this drama because of the story and the tandem of the writer and director.

Jisoo. Jung Hae In. Kim Hye Yoon. Jang Seung Jo. Yoon Se Ah.  Jung Yoo Jin. Yoon In Na.

They're still filming.

Jung Hae In spotted filming + food truck  sent by writer Kim Eun (Something in the rain)

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 1

OP saw actress Yoo In-Na at the filming set of Snowdrop at her Grandmother's house. 

As soon as I came to Incheon, I washed up and went to my grandmother's house!! I gave her potatoes and rice that I brought from the countryside.

But today is!!! It's the day of drama shooting on the roof of my grandmother's house!!

I looked at the changed house cause I heard that they were coming to film the drama "Snowdrop". It was amazing that this place has suddenly changed like a drama set.. I was wondering who would come, and Yoo In-na came!!!

I couldn't believe that she was in my grandma's house. It was interesting. Yoo In-na had a very nice voice.. I was surprised because her voice was so nice whenever she answered. I waited with my mom until the filming was over because my grandparents were very surprised by the sound of the action scene, but we came back to my house around 12 o'clock because we thought it would end too late. @h_affel)

The roof of my grandmother's house was really small and the storage was also really small, but there were so many props and shields. I wonder how they took all the things out of the storage and did it like that. But I had a lot of fun.

credit : @haesoo_official

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hello @0ly40 

Can you also add yoo inna on the first page of the forum and change the image to this one ?

she was also announced to take a main role of " kang chung ya " alongside the other casts. JTBC also posted this image on their instagram.

So please change it so other's can know that yoo inna is also a important part of snowdrop. Thank you :fullofhearts:

spacer.png

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION

Kang Chung Ya is a beautiful and talented surgeon at a state-run hospital who can charm anyone in a split second. Although her skills in the operating room have earned her a solid reputation as a dependable surgeon, Dr. Kang is mysterious and appears to be hiding something.  

Hopefully the suggested changes can be made <3333

Cheers everyone !! wishing for snowdrop to be successful. can't wait to see my favourite actress yoo in na act with all these amazing actors.

:sparklyeyes:

• Like 4

• gm4queen changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Snowdrop, 설강화 - BLACKPINK'S Ji Soo, Kim Hye Yoon, Yoo In Na & Jang Seung Jo

probably will premiere after Human Disqualification?  In time for End of year end awards?

And  Jang Seung Jo. Finally!! Since filming is done For Snowdrop.  He updated his IG with a short hair clean cut. will likely start filming October for S2 of Good Detective??? also from JTBC.

I'm unsure about the two leads for this drama, tbh. But the other cast are good. I like the the tandem of writer & director plus intrigue by the plot. I'm waiting for this.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7a793ad91ad44e5fa53186da614856cb.jpeg?s=

Blue House Responds To Petition Against Broadcast Of JTBC’s Upcoming Drama “Snowdrop”

Jul 28, 2021

by U. Kim

The Blue House has released a statement in response to the national petition against the broadcast of JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop.”

“Snowdrop,” scheduled to premiere in the second half of this year, is set in Seoul in 1987. Jung Hae In stars as Soo Ho, a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a female dorm one day covered in blood. BLACKPINK’s Jisoo plays Young Cho, the university student who hides him and takes care of his wounds despite facing danger and close surveillance. Yoo In Na stars as Kang Chung Ya, a surgeon at a state-run hospital.

When parts of the synopsis began to circulate online, concerns about a potential distortion of historical facts were raised. Based on the information that was being spread at the time, the male lead was a spy who has infiltrated the activist movement, while another male character was a team leader at the Agency for National Security Planning (NSP) but is described as being straightforward and just. 1987 was a key year in South Korea’s popular democratic movement that led to the establishment of the present-day republic. The NSP would have been part of the authoritarian regime at the time.

In March, JTBC had released a brief statement clarifying the content and intentions behind the drama, as well as a more detailed statement revealing specific information about the drama’s plot to counter the suspicions.

The statement issued by the Blue House also mentions the petition against “Joseon Exorcist,” which was canceled by SBS after airing two episodes due to the controversy over potential distortion of history in the drama.

Read the Blue House statement below:

"This is an answer to the two national petitions related to “requests to suspend the broadcast of a drama.”

In the petition “Broadcast suspension of ‘Joseon Exorcist,’ the petitioner stated that the drama “distorted history and consisted of content and screens that suggest an acceptance of China’s Northeast Project” and requested that the broadcast be suspended and prevented from recurring. Approximately 240,000 citizens signed the petition.

The petitioner in the petition titled “Suspension of filming of ‘Snowdrop'” stated, “It is insulting the democratic movement and attempting to glorify the Agency for National Security Planning (NSP),” and asked to stop the drama from filming. Approximately 220,000 citizens signed the petition.

On March 26, the broadcasting company that aired “Joseon Exorcist” decided to cancel the drama’s broadcast after considering the severity of the distortion of historical facts. The broadcasting company that will be airing “Snowdrop” has stated, “The current controversy has resulted from fragmentary information such as an incomplete synopsis and parts from the character descriptions,” and that “it is not a drama that disparages the pro-democracy movement or glamorizes being a spy or working for the NSP.” The drama is currently being produced.

Article 4 of the Broadcasting Act guarantees the broadcasting station’s freedom and independence of broadcast programming and states that it is not possible to regulate or interfere with the broadcast programming without complying with the conditions as prescribed by the Act. The government’s direct involvement in creative work especially requires a careful approach as it can be an infringement on freedom of expression. The government respects the self-correction efforts and autonomous decisions made at a civilian level by the creator, producer, or consumer regarding content that goes against national sentiment.

However, broadcasts that undermine the public responsibility of broadcasts or violate regulations, such as by excessive distortion of history, requires deliberation by the Korea Communications Standards Commission (KCSC). According to the administrative office of the KCSC, close to 5,000 complaints have been filed by viewers regarding the already-aired “Joseon Exorcist” [episodes]. Due to delays in forming the members of the fifth KCSC, a review has not been carried out yet, but as soon as the committee is formed, we will set an agenda and discuss whether or not the drama violated broadcast regulations. The KCSC will thoroughly review the broadcast’s impartiality, public nature, and other factors of public responsibility through the complaints submitted by viewers and further monitoring.

Moving forward, the government will continue to communicate with creators of culture and art as well as citizens so that various discussions about creative work can take place in a healthy manner.

We thank all of the citizens who took part in the national petitions."

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481238wpp/blue-house-responds-to-petition-against-broadcast-of-jtbcs-upcoming-drama-snowdrop

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

8e5e5bbc08634b5a8a0cbb25e4dbcc6a.jpeg?s=

Watch: JTBC Shares Upcoming Drama Lineup With First Glimpse Of Jung Hae In And BLACKPINK’s Jisoo In “Snowdrop”

Aug 18, 2021

by D. Kim

JTBC has revealed its lineup of upcoming weekend dramas!

Starting in September, JTBC will shift the Friday-Saturday 11 p.m. drama time slot to a Saturday-Sunday 10:30 p.m. time slot.

The first drama with this new time slot will be “Lost” starring Jeon Do Yeon and Ryu Jun Yeol, which premieres on September 4. The drama is about the stories of average people who realize they haven’t become anything throughout their lives and try their best to see the spotlight. Check out a teaser here!

Following “Lost,” Lee Young Ae returns with the crime action comedy drama “Koo Kyung Yi” (romanized title), which premieres in October. The new video shares still images of Lee Young Ae in the upcoming drama.

To wrap up the year, “Snowdrop” will air as JTBC’s last Saturday-Sunday drama of 2021. Jung Hae In and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo are shown dancing together in the short preview clips, giving a first glimpse of their upcoming romance.

Watch the video below:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484335wpp/watch-jtbc-shares-upcoming-drama-lineup-with-first-glimpse-of-jung-hae-in-and-blackpinks-jisoo-in-snowdrop

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 5 weeks later...

Here are the upcoming JTBC drama "  Snowdrop "  confirmed casts: 

Coming Soon! 

Here are the confirmed casts of upcoming 2021 JTBC Drama " Snowdrop "

● Blackpink 's Kim Jisoo
● Jung Hae In
● Yoo In Na
● Jang Seung Jo
● Eun Se Ah
● Kim Hye Yoon
● Jung Eugene
● Jung Ae Ri
● Huh Joon Ho
● Kim Jung Nan
● Park Sung Woong
● Bae Myung Jin
● Lee Jung Hyun
● Choi Kyung Hyun
● Choi Yoon Je

Coming Soon!

photo ctto:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jung Hae In And BLACKPINK’s Jisoo Star In Romantic “Snowdrop” Poster Ahead Of December Premiere

Oct 5, 2021

by D. Kim

The first teaser poster has been revealed for “Snowdrop”!

Set in 1987 Seoul, the upcoming JTBC drama tells the emotional love story of university students Su Ho and Young Ro. Jung Hae In plays elite university student Su Ho, who suddenly appears at a women’s university dorm in a bloody state one day, while BLACKPINK’s Jisoo is Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds while facing danger under close surveillance.

The teaser poster shows the young lovers gazing at each other as they dance together under a spotlight at a party. The text on the poster reads, “The blooming of radiant first love.”

snowdrop.jpeg

“Snowdrop” is created by writer Yoo Hyun Mi and director Jo Hyun Tak, who previously worked together on the hit drama “SKY Castle.” Other cast members include Yoo In Na, Jang Seung Jo, Yoon Se Ah, Kim Hye Yoon, and Jung Yoo Jin. The drama is scheduled to premiere in December.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491879wpp/jung-hae-in-and-blackpinks-jisoos-star-in-romantic-snowdrop-poster-ahead-of-december-premiere

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• gm4queen changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Snowdrop, 설강화 - BLACKPINK'S Ji Soo, Jung Hae In, Kim Hye Yoon, Yoo In Na & Jang Seung Jo - Premiere in December