[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Rebirth For You 慕南枝

sugarplum892

The report ranks the popularity of the online series from VLinkage [ 2021.11.01]

Rebirth For You NO 1

The report ranks the popularity of the online series  
Detawin Top 10 Hot Drama [2021.11.01]

Rebirth For You NO 3

6 hours ago, Magician said:

:lol::joy:    DOUBLE TROUBLE

AND THIS :lol:

More pic

Reveal hidden contents

I know right... that woman have no shame.. im like why am i seeing such clingly characters all the sudden in all the dramas that im watching now - once we get marrird, at ease mr ling and this... is it a common plot? Before this i have watched several dramas but not to this extreme clingly, annoying character... :lol:

One of my pet peeves with ancient dramas, both Korean and Chinese, is the obligation of a faithful husband to have the 2nd, 3rd and other wives. I mean, these wives are foisted on the man even when he doesn't want them! 

Hahaha! I know that it is sort of a "tradition" for the prosperity of the family and connection but can't they choose wives who don't have ulterior motives? The competition among wives in the harem can be fierce and often deadly. 

The report ranks the popularity of the online series from VLinkage [ 2021.11.02]

Rebirth For You NO 1

The report ranks the popularity of the online series  
Detawin Top 10 Hot Drama [2021.11.02]

Rebirth For You NO 4

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

One of my pet peeves with ancient dramas, both Korean and Chinese, is the obligation of a faithful husband to have the 2nd, 3rd and other wives. I mean, these wives are foisted on the man even when he doesn't want them! 

Hahaha! I know that it is sort of a "tradition" for the prosperity of the family and connection but can't they choose wives who don't have ulterior motives? The competition among wives in the harem can be fierce and often deadly. 

I think women who were groomed to be wives or concubines eventually develop that sort of personality - we often hear them say that as daugthers of wealthy families, they are 'born and bred' to form alliances with other families for wealth or power; the lucky marry a man who treats them with love and respect, the unlucky, heaven knows what they are put through. As someone once explained it to me, as a concubine, you are a chattel - a good that can be passed on/sold/ etc. So, one eventually learns to be policital and to be calculative, to remain in someone's favour, to behave in such a way to advance one's family's power/position - which woman can have no ulterior motives when wearing such shoes? Even as the legal wife, the hat you wear is even more deadly, when you have to manage the household, to manage the other women and the mother-in-law, in addition to one's spouse, and more importantly to be able to bear a son/many sons. In such a situation, can one even remain nonchalant, uncompetitive, pure and good? And I think the worst is that women perpetuate this kind of behaviour, with the mother-in-law often forcing their sons to have concubines, to tame the women into submission/ indoctrinate them into family rules for honour and face. That eventually women were able to shape and pursue their own lives is really worth celebrating. I am not a feminist per se, but I think no one, man or woman should have their lives dictated by someone else's expectations for the sake of face or tradition. Watching these shows reminds me to be grateful and to never take what I have for granted.