Woo Do Hwan ❤️ 우도환 ❤️ 禹棹奂 ❤️ ウ·ドファン

SCSfanz

Just now, Seonhoyaa said:

You got a taste girl. I was confused as this seemed like another tkem thread lol but glad we all know who's Seon Ho's superiorness. Seon Ho is my fav character and perf by Dohwan he was the best for me among the younger lots and didn't fall back in front the veterans but MC isn't my fav drama i prefer Save Me. I got lots of problems with the writing and they kinda did Seon Ho dirty but he still great though. I really hope he will get better offers post service.

and rocher22 This gif of my sunken ship hurts actually every picture of Seon Ho hurts me deeply :tears:  I can just hope for another historical from Dohwan with an epic character as Seon Ho to get over the pain. He fits historical well imo.

I know right i was already upset when they sideline him or don't explore his characters' potential in his other dramas. Had TKEM been hit like other KES's dramas i wouldn't have mind it but it just feels like he wasted his time as gaining few intel fans doesn't value much in Kdrama industry they only care about local ratings tbh. Never mind i'm just bitter this was his last project before enlistment. 

HAHAH!! i think it's because this thread started after TKEM and cos most of us only knew about WDH from that drama. I watched my country after TKEM and man... i fell in love with that show. I agree that he fits historical drama so well! I'm definitely going to watch the other dramas too but i'll spread it out during his 1.5 years of absence lol. 

• Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

HAHAH!! i think it's because this thread started after TKEM and cos most of us only knew about WDH from that drama. I watched my country after TKEM and man... i fell in love with that show. I agree that he fits historical drama so well! I'm definitely going to watch the other dramas too but i'll spread it out during his 1.5 years of absence lol. 

Save Me was the drama i get to know Dohwan from first. I loved most of the actors from his generation but he stood out for me coz of his realistic acting style as compared to his counterparts. This type of acting is more challenging and newbies like him tends to not perfect it. But it's my favorite as it brings the characters to life and makes them more heart touching. That's probably why i'm still deeply scarred by Seon Ho coz he just was his own real person to me. Kdrama's actors tends to not follow this style as Kdrama viewers define acting by how much of expressions you can pull off. I still appreciate the common Kdrama's actors' style though. However Dohwan did Mad Dog later where his character was OTT and he kinda stuck in this character when he did Tempted later that was an overall bad drama tbh and his performance too wasn't making it to me. So i kinda lost interest and his hype as a talented rising star died too because of this wrong decision. But then MC happened and i had the least expectations from him out of the leads but he blew my mind and was my favorite. That's why i decided to make him my current fav until he gets his due. Hope he will manage his career well. 

He used to be bigger than now in SK during Save Me lots of people loved him and had high expectations from him but Tempted ruined it. He got lots of backlash and people still put down his acting because of it. He didn't give himself breaks between projects and as he lacks experience it took toll on him. But now he seems fine with overloaded schedules. Hope he will gets a great offer that's will regain his image as a good actor. Y'all needs to put up with me writing essays about Dohwan. I haven't spoke about him in ages thanks to Twitter evil policy. 

D-528

@bri @SCSfanz thanks for the links to the fanfic!! I couldn’t seem to access this forum for the past few days and I’d never read fanfic before but needed a WDH fix...  some of the fanfic stories make me miss Jo Yeong / Jo Eun Sop! hahaha I love how there’s so many JoGon shippers out there. 

@Seonhoyaa hello! yay more WDH fans in here.  You seem like a long term WDH fan! What is his rep like now in SK after TKEM? I’m an international fan (and only knew him from TKEM) and where I live, TKEM seems to have done quite well, always #1 on Netflix when it was airing, but I’m curious to know how he’s viewed in the SK market! 

@rocher22 LOL at the twitter pic of him bounding into the air on the beach like a penguin?! Is that our cute bae?!! LOL what is he doing and how did he get such height...,!!

• LOL 1

51 minutes ago, Ava Jo said:

@Seonhoyaa hello! yay more WDH fans in here.  You seem like a long term WDH fan! What is his rep like now in SK after TKEM? I’m an international fan (and only knew him from TKEM) and where I live, TKEM seems to have done quite well, always #1 on Netflix when it was airing, but I’m curious to know how he’s viewed in the SK market! 

I don't live in S.Korea so i'm not sure how his rep is but judging from articles and stuff on the internet. He used to be a trendy and rising star to look out for. He got lots of praises for his acting but the buzz seemed to die down later especially after Tempted. He gets usually ignored like very little buzz/comments/articles as compared to his counterparts and sometimes there's comments that's criticize his acting and some comments that's praise him. However i believe he's viewed as an average actor. I think you need to see him in My Country and Save Me it was his best performances. And TKEM was flop in SK. It received lots of flak too. And i didn't notice any significant change in his career. He's a great actor but kinda didn't manage his career well. I think TKEM was a bad choice but i hope he will get his chance to shine after his discharge. 

1 hour ago, Seonhoyaa said:

I don't live in S.Korea so i'm not sure how his rep is but judging from articles and stuff on the internet. He used to be a trendy and rising star to look out for. He got lots of praises for his acting but the buzz seemed to die down later especially after Tempted. He gets usually ignored like very little buzz/comments/articles as compared to his counterparts and sometimes there's comments that's criticize his acting and some comments that's praise him. However i believe he's viewed as an average actor. I think you need to see him in My Country and Save Me it was his best performances. And TKEM was flop in SK. It received lots of flak too. And i didn't notice any significant change in his career. He's a great actor but kinda didn't manage his career well. I think TKEM was a bad choice but i hope he will get his chance to shine after his discharge. 

@Seonhoyaa I see, I thought you were based in SK, my mistake.  Are you referring to korean articles online? Whenever I search WDH, I see nothing but great reviews and how he’s a scene stealer in not just TKEM but also in his other dramas. These are English language articles though.  

Anyway, for me, I don’t think TKEM was a bad choice for him - I loved him as JY and JES and he got to play two very different characters which he pulled off perfectly and gained more than a million followers on his insta during that time. he also got international exposure, working in a LMH drama with KES (and as a side bonus, seemed to have made some great friends with the TKEM cast!). I did read that the ratings were lower than expected in SK but it ended with an average rating of 7.7% nationwide according to Nielsen. That’s higher than the ratings by the same ratings provider in the other dramas that he has been in (which i am spreading out to watch over the next 2 years!) so all in all, i don’t think he should have any regrets! 

On 7/22/2020 at 1:20 AM, SweetButters said:

Woo Do Hwan: Actor Yang Se-Jong, whom I met in “My Country”, gave me an earful and that’s why I cried so much on the last day of filming. Even when acting, I still lack technical skills, so I try to focus on that one role and emotion. I got a call from Sejong. Since he was in the army before me, he told me a lot about this and that.  We’re grateful to each other. 

Girl i was about to go to the Korean army and whip YSJ's as* lmao. But i tried to extract the text and translate it first it seemed more in the line of YSJ being precious to him so he cried. Good thing i checked or dude would've been victimized for a mistranslation lol. Dohwan loves Sejong so much how to be him :rolleyes:

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Ava Jo said:

@Seonhoyaa I see, I thought you were based in SK, my mistake.  Are you referring to korean articles online? Whenever I search WDH, I see nothing but great reviews and how he’s a scene stealer in not just TKEM but also in his other dramas. These are English language articles though.  

Anyway, for me, I don’t think TKEM was a bad choice for him - I loved him as JY and JES and he got to play two very different characters which he pulled off perfectly and gained more than a million followers on his insta during that time. he also got international exposure, working in a LMH drama with KES (and as a side bonus, seemed to have made some great friends with the TKEM cast!). I did read that the ratings were lower than expected in SK but it ended with an average rating of 7.7% nationwide according to Nielsen. That’s higher than the ratings by the same ratings provider in the other dramas that he has been in (which i am spreading out to watch over the next 2 years!) so all in all, i don’t think he should have any regrets! 

i think TKEM was a fantastic choice because i got to know WDH from there. Although i do admit that TKEM itself has alot of flaws, i would have probably dropped it if not for WDH lol. He saved the show in my opinion.  

I've heard several mixed reviews on tempted but i've not watched it (yet) so i'll refrain from making comments. Although i suspect my opinion might be bias cos i'm not really into this type of dramas. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/26/2020 at 1:25 PM, Ava Jo said:

Yes, I'm talking about Korean articles. As for TKEM let's agree to disagree. 7.7% nationwide is a huge flop already especially for a drama with LMH and KES. His characters got very little screen time and no background or depth for his characters that's didn't allow him to show exceptional performance for his last project. Dohwan usually gets bigger roles even leads that's he rejected to be in a hit but it flopped both critically and commercially. Also My Country did better considering it was in a cable channel. Biggest Kdrama star had lesser than 3 million followers in his IG as i said Intel fans has little effect on actors career unless if you were a hallyu star. I personally think he wasted his time but of course i respect your opinion.

23 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

i think TKEM was a fantastic choice because i got to know WDH from there. Although i do admit that TKEM itself has alot of flaws, i would have probably dropped it if not for WDH lol. He saved the show in my opinion.  

Opinions about shows are subjective what i was talking about is the drama as a career choice but Dohwan tends to not regret anything coz he always does his best. It's a great mentality. Let's not talk about this anymore i was just sharing my opinion.

• Like 1

@rocher22 hun I'm curious when did you knew Dohwan first?! I remember you in MC's thread were you already Dohwan's fan back then?!

Here's is some gorgeous Seon Ho dose.

Intense eyes perfect for Sageuk.

997360485DCF282010

Pretty Seon Ho he was happy here well kind of

99BD4D495DCD812E19

Pretty sad Seon Ho 

9981B8355DBDAFE42C

Source @d_onmy on twitter

Aww he's crying in his last scene.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

@rocher22 hun I'm curious when did you knew Dohwan first?! I remember you in MC's thread were you already Dohwan's fan back then?!

Here's is some gorgeous Seon Ho dose.

Intense eyes perfect for Sageuk.

I was watching ''Sweet stranger and me'' and when Dohwanie appeared 

I thought ''who is this actor, he looks so powerful on the screen''. :D

After that, I waited for the next episodes because of him, but his scenes were rare.

Then I was glad he got a role in ''save me''.

I love all his characters in his dramas...:wub:

What the writer gave him, he showed it extraordinarily on the screen..

EWdMcujUEAAWfLO?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I was watching ''Sweet stranger and me'' and when Dohwanie appeared 

I thought ''who is this actor, he looks so powerful on the screen''. :D

After that, I waited for the next episodes because of him, but his scenes were rare.

Then I was glad he got a role in ''save me''.

I love all his characters in his dramas...:wub:

What the writer gave him, he showed it extraordinarily on the screen..

WOW You're a loyal fan. He indeed has a strong screen presence and charismatic one of the reasons i find exceptional. However i tend to be more critical of my favs coz i want them to be the best. Actors are humans so there is times when they underperform under certain circumstances. I read in an interview of his that's he was mentally and physically suffering and he thought he was gonna break down during tempted as he have been live shooting many dramas consecutively since Save Me. and live shooting is really hard. The stress of the fact that's tempted was the biggest flop in Korean tv history must made it worse for him. I think he was too traumatized to accept lead roles after that. I'm planning to find all the interviews i had in my old acc and post here. 

beautiful Seon Ho with blood

9933023E5DBD85180A

• Like 1

This is crappy google translation of the part about Dohwan from the interview  of his My Country 's co-star In Gyo Jin who played the character of Mun-Bok. it's not lateral but you will get the meaning haha.

In Gyo Jin described his junior in his agency and lead actor of My Country Woo Do Hwan as "a beautiful young man" "When i joined our company and saw him for the first time i said "his face isn't a joke i had a good feeling about him and he went to be a big star. as we met in this work He's good in action and historical custom fits him well. He's very focused in self-management. There was a scene when i had to treat Dohwan. It made me reflect a lots. 

Ok this is 90% inaccurate lol. I wish there's Dohwans'  fans who subs all his stuffs sigh. But glad In Gyo Jin agrees with me on how Dohwan fit historical. I hope He will be in lots of Sageuks in the future.

I tried to find screen shoots of the scene In Gyo Jin talked about but i couldn't. I just feel down now as i saw lots of Seon Ho he's the saddest and most mistreated character i've ever seen in a Kdrama and probably any thing else. He really deserved better.

This scene haunts me :(

994B87355DBDAFE036

I will never stop crying over Seon Ho.

@rocher22 Girl i can't with you using heart faces for this heartbreaking screen shots haha. I really resent every character in the show except Yeon and Sung Rok. And of course SEON HO how dare i forget him.

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Tried to clean up his new military pics, but they're still looking so bad  haha!!! 

FXjTuqv.jpg

uVyfBso.jpg

On 7/25/2020 at 9:22 PM, Seonhoyaa said:

Yes, It's a shame i lost it. There was a lots of WDH's contents there i wanted to keep. I'm gonna share whatever i remember here. Do i have to provides sources?! coz that's would be hard to find. Are you by any chance the WDH and KYJ shipper in twitter?! I found this thread Thanks to you. If so.

@Seonhoyaa I dont think you have to provide sources unless its like articles or whatever. Or if its artwork  of WDH by someone else ! I could be wrong though haha!! There's a whole page dedicated to rules about that ! HAHAHHAHA YES I AM THE CONSTANT WDH KYJ shipper on twitter hahahahah !!!!!! I am still keeping the hope alive that they're dating in secret hahaha !!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Awww what a nice treat for a dreary Monday!!  He looks great - as handsome as ever! I love his expressions and poses. Is it the lighting or quality of the photo or does it look like he’s just taken off some googles and they’ve left a mark around his eyes lolll. 

does anyone know what the blue badge says? Is it #1 in something?!! 

:issohappy:

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Captain Jo...:heart:

:heart:

mmmm love the sexy way he flips the phone to Seung Ah with one hand. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2