Quantcast

[Drama 2020/2021] If you cheat, you die, 바람피면 죽는다

@partyon Don't worry my dear, you are not lonely, I am with you and having same thought as yours on this drama review. It's been a while that I did not see you wrote on drama review, may be we seldom met on the same drama forum :lol:

I am quite selective on drama, not watching all k-drama especially the soap opera or melodrama drama (unless i have my fav actor/actress on it but i may drop halfway if the story does not go well, so storyline is my top priority). Sorry that I couldn't join you in the fun game in another forum because i have no idea on those listed drama clues that you invited us to guess. :D I love K-movie more.

I watched this drama because of this female lead. Mui aussi, I ship the 2nd ML with the FL. I want them to have romantic love line although i know it's almost impossible. I guess it will be a one-sided love from 2nd ML.

Let's see whether this story will lead us to the same old formula storyline  or giving us a big plot twist. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched the first episode yesterday (surprise! @Jillia @Ameera Ali )  and I agree. He's funny but oh, so slimy.... If he's really cheating and this is not the wife's imagination / her new book, I h

So that contract wasn't really a contract, but he just gave a right to her, got it even notarised LMAO. He's so careless in some ways that he didn't even remember that he did this.    

Finally watched ep 2. I found myself feeling bored while watching it. It picked up the pace a bit after the second half.   Some thoughts: The husband is just so yucky... Even though he

@lebeaucouple Nice to see you here! :kiss_wink: You are right, we are not often on the same drama threads. I am quite picky with my dramas and I also have a tendency to drop 'em.

minions mic drop GIF

I've seen the FL (Cho Yeo Jeong) only in Parasite before, but I gotta tell you that I am REALLY liking her in this role. She's doing a fantastic job!
The ML Goo Joon is familiar from Oh My Baby, but I have to say that his acting range is as narrow as it was in his previous drama. He overacts - it is quite clear that he lacks acting experience.

The second ML Kim Young Dae is a cutie pie and his character really intrigues me the most at the moment.

Why do you think it's impossible that the 2nd ML and the FL would end up together romantically?

I would rather see her divorced and single than ever forgive that piece of scum of a husband.

My dream scenario :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=14617447

@tulip06 @sal2 @agenth @Min2206 @Sleepy Owl  @brooksmom put up a poll.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2
40 minutes ago, partyon said:

The second ML Kim Young Dae is a cutie pie and his character really intrigues me the most at the moment.

Why do you think it's impossible that the 2nd ML and the FL would end up together romantically?

I would rather see her divorced and single than ever forgive that piece of scum of a husband.

My dream scenario :joy:

@tulip06 @sal2 @agenth @Min2206 @Sleepy Owl  @brooksmom put up a poll.

Thanks for tagging me on the poll @partyon Done , hehe

Well, the FL might try to experiment something(on feelings) with the 2nd ML, who knows.  She is willing to try anything just to fuel her mind and come out with some dangerous thoughts to be penned into her writings.  She seems to enjoy playing with her husband's mind. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2
55 minutes ago, partyon said:

I've seen the FL (Cho Yeo Jeong) only in Parasite before, but I gotta tell you that I am REALLY liking her in this role. She's doing a fantastic job!
The ML Goo Joon is familiar from Oh My Baby, but I have to say that his acting range is as narrow as it was in his previous drama. He overacts - it is quite clear that he lacks acting experience.

Why do you think it's impossible that the 2nd ML and the FL would end up together romantically? I would rather see her divorced and single than ever forgive that piece of scum of a husband.

I love this FL since her early day on "I love romance 1" drama, i found her very cute and has natural beauty, no much change since school uniform days till now.

I am not familiar with the ML, but by looking at his small eyes, i know he has that kind of "womaniser" vibe...:D....sorry to his fans, but he does have that kind of look....

Yes, agreed with you that the 2nd ML Kim Young Dae is a cutie pie and he looks like Gang Dong-won who acted in "Peninsula" movie. (I did not watch it as it has a lot of bad review).

The reason I predicted it's impossible for their romantic loveline is because I based on the poster ads and drama title for ML and FL. Everything is related to the cheating affair, and the topic has been brought up widely and often times appeared on the recent shown drama"My dangerous wife", "The world of married", "VIP", etc..so what kind of fresh content the writer will be given to us, I am really very doubtful....the only thing i can guess is the twist plot that may set up for the murder or missing case and all those related characters (planned and unplanned) are just surrounding the case.

We need to find out more for :

The backstory of the FL and who is the mastermind that the stalker work for?

This is a comedy drama, so i wouldn't mind if they have some romance between these two (we want some cherries or creamy on top of the cake :lol:), and I love noona loveline too. But we can't expect much.

@Jillia and @Lmangla - how about you? I have not been reading any drama review from both of you quite sometime back....love to hear from both too :wub:

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2
17 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

@Jillia and @Lmangla - how about you? I have not been reading any drama review from both of you quite sometime back....love to hear from both too :wub:

I think poor @Jillia became scared to watch this after my less than stellar reviews of the first two episodes... :D
@Lmangla loves a good mystery drama (or crime documentary). She is an expert  nowadays. Would be good to hear her theories :D

• LOL 4

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

I think poor @Jillia became scared to watch this after my less than stellar reviews of the first two episodes... :D
@Lmangla loves a good mystery drama (or crime documentary). She is an expert  nowadays. Would be good to hear your theories :D

Really? Then I would highly recommend to watch "Kairo"drama  - one of the best current drama for this year. Time dimension clearly illustrated and no confused at all, the previous ALICE drama can't beat this drama.

In my opinion, this is one of the best drama best described how time dimension can change and impact an individual's destiny by going through the one-minute of mobile phone communication. It is better than Signal drama, in my opinion. Drama plot handled so well and not complicated. I enjoyed that drama so far. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

kekeke... @lebeaucouple ~ I am not watching too many dramas at the moment. only 2 dailies which are both silly -- perfect for the mood I am in. kekekek @partyon ~ at the moment, I prefer true crime documentaries to crime dramas. there is something soothing about a half hour episode where it seems like your dearest are the worst enemies but cops are smartest and win. :lol: hahahaha... crime dramas on the other hand keep aggravating me lately. yesterday I watched a local movie and I was so annoyed. so yea, not very enthused about this drama genre at the moment.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2
1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

I love this FL since her early day on "I love romance 1" drama, i found her very cute and has natural beauty, no much change since school uniform days till now.

I am not familiar with the ML, but by looking at his small eyes, i know he has that kind of "womaniser" vibe...:D....sorry to his fans, but he does have that kind of look....

Yes, agreed with you that the 2nd ML Kim Young Dae is a cutie pie and he looks like Gang Dong-won who acted in "Peninsula" movie. (I did not watch it as it has a lot of bad review).

I saw the FL only in Parasite, that's why i'm impressed by her acting in this series. The way she delivers her lines!

The ML I saw in Misty (and minor roles in Dr. Champ and The Good Wife). In Misty he also plays a womanizer who cheats on his wife, so that's dead on :D

Second ML I saw in Extraordinary You and a few episodes of Penthouse. He hasn't really shown his acting skills there, so looking forward how the story develops here. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Cheat on Me, If You Can: Episode 1

by lovepark

cheatonme01-00268.jpg

With a mix of cheekiness and grim humor, Cheat on Me, If You Can is about a famous crime novelist and her divorce attorney husband. To the public, they make the happily married pair, but in reality, he’s a charming scoundrel who meets women in droves while she’s a blank-faced beauty with a penchant for all things murderous. Right out the gate, the show delves into their marriage and reveals that something darker lies behind their perfect masks.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

cheatonme01-00005.jpg

Rain pelts a blood-stained street, and at the end of the crimson trail, lies a body. In a warehouse-cum-office, two men comment on the downpour when their doors swing open. The body from before walks in, and gritting his teeth in agony, he requests for a hit on his wife, Kang Yeo-joo.

Three months prior, a figure approaches KANG YEO-JOO (Jo Yeo-jung) who’s sleeping on the couch, and a pillow hovers above her head as if to suffocate her. At the last second, the pillow goes under Yeo-joo, and her husband HAN WOO-SUNG (Go Joon) smiles down at her.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/cheat-on-me-if-you-can-episode-1/

• Like 2

Kim Young Dae Is Taken Aback By Jo Yeo Jeong’s Mystifying Appearance In “Cheat On Me If You Can”

KBS 2TV’s “Cheat on Me If You Can” has released new stills of Jo Yeo Jeong and Kim Young Dae ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Cheat on Me If You Can” is a comedic mystery thriller about adults who get up to all sorts of bad behavior. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Kang Yeo Joo, a murder mystery novelist who spends all day thinking up different ways to kill people. Go Joon co-stars as her husband Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer who signed a contract with his wife that says, “If you cheat, you die.”

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Yeo Joo was impressed by Cha Soo Ho’s (Kim Young Dae) knife skills and hired him as her assistant.

Strangely enough, Cha Soo Ho had been secretly monitoring her all this time, and viewers are curious to find out his true motive for approaching Kang Yeo Joo.

In the new stills, Kang Yeo Joo gives off a graceful aura in a traditional Korean robe. Cha Soo Ho appears with a tray of props, and he stares at her with wide eyes. Unfazed by his shocked expression, she continues to complete her costume with a gachae (wig) and extravagant hair pins. She attempts to look charismatic and venomous, but her expression grows flustered when she realizes her posture is awkward.

kim-young-dae-jo-yeo-jeong-1-1.jpg

The drama’s production crew commented, “Kang Yeo Joo is a thorough novelist who is personally learning how to do various things, like cut sashimi and use a knife, for her new novel. In the third episode, there will be a scene where viewers can get a glimpse of her perfectionist nature, and she will also showcase special chemistry with Cha Soo Ho. So please look forward to the next episode.”

“Cheat on Me If You Can” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442356wpp/kim-young-dae-is-taken-aback-by-jo-yeo-jeongs-mystifying-appearance-in-cheat-on-me-if-you-can

• Blob 1

Jo Yeo Jeong Is Suspicious Of Yeonwoo’s Relationship With Her Husband In “Cheat On Me If You Can”

KBS2’s “Cheat on Me If You Can” released new stills of Jo Yeo Jeong and Yeonwoo!

“Cheat on Me If You Can” is a comedic mystery thriller about adults who get up to all sorts of bad behavior. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Kang Yeo Joo, a murder mystery novelist who spends all day thinking up different ways to kill people. Go Joon co-stars as her husband Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer who signed a contract with his wife that says, “If you cheat, you die.”

Spoilers

Go Mi Rae (Yeonwoo) first appeared in last week’s broadcast as an art student at the university where Han Woo Sung came to lecture at. Go Mi Rae possessed such great beauty that Han Woo Sung continued to stare at her throughout the lecture. Although he had cut out the other women in his life in order to enter the world of politics, Go Mi Rae poses as a threat to his resolve.

On that day, Go Mi Rae chased after Han Woo Sung in order to return the fountain pen he dropped. Although Han Woo Sung realized that she was calling him, he left the location as if he were fleeing the scene because he realized he was being drawn to her. Since Han Woo Sung had finally cleaned up his complicated relationship with other women in order to become a husband with a clear conscience, he couldn’t afford to let his efforts go to waste.

Spoiler

Yeonwoo-2.jpg

Jo-Yeo-Jeong-2.jpg

In the newly released stills, Go Mi Rae and Kang Yeo Joo both visit Han Woo Sung’s office. Kang Yeo Joo’s sixth sense kicks in, and she observes Go Mi Rae with a sharp gaze, creating a cold atmosphere. Viewers are curious to find out what Kang Yeo Joo will realize from Go Mi Rae’s visit.

Jo-Yeo-Jeong.jpg

Yeonwoo.jpg

The production team shared, “Kang Yeo Joo showcased her presence as ‘Sherlock Yeo Joo’ when she exhibited her sensitive sense of smell and observational skills during her assistant interview with Cha Soo Ho (Kim Young Dae). In episode 3, another great scene in which Yeo Joo exhibits her frightening sense of smell and observational skills will be created. Please look forward to seeing what relationship develops between Yeo Joo, Woo Sung, and Mi Rae in the future.”

“Cheat on Me If You Can” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442475wpp/jo-yeo-jeong-is-suspicious-of-yeonwoos-relationship-with-her-husband-in-cheat-on-me-if-you-can

• Blob 1

Kim Young Dae Keeps A Close Eye On Jo Yeo Jeong In “Cheat On Me If You Can”

KBS2’s “Cheat on Me If You Can” released new stills!

“Cheat on Me If You Can” is a comedic mystery thriller about adults who get up to all sorts of bad behavior. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Kang Yeo Joo, a murder mystery novelist who spends all day thinking up different way to kill people. Go Joon co-stars as her husband Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer who signed a contract with his wife that says, “If you cheat, you die.”

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Yeo Joo hired Cha Soo Ho (Kim Young Dae) as her assistant after being impressed by his knife skills.

Although Cha Soo Ho enthralled viewers with the way he rescued Kang Yeo Joo from a group of protesters, he is also gaining suspicion for the collection of her articles and pictures in his room, as well as the pair of binoculars that are pointed toward her house.

In a new set of stills, Cha Soo Ho appears in a sleek black suit, a stunning change from his typical casual outfits. He keeps a close eye on Kang Yeo Joo as she enjoys a date at a restaurant with Han Woo Sung.

Kim-Young-Dae-1.jpg

Spoiler

Jo-Yeo-Jeong-Go-Joon.jpg

Another still shows Cha Soo Hoo wearing gloves as he stands in front of a kimchi refrigerator in Kang Yeo Joo’s house. The kimchi refrigerator is piquing viewers’ curiosity as it connects to the case of the disappearance of Baek Soo Jung (Hong Soo Hyun). It remains to be seen what kind of secrets the refrigerator holds.

Kim-Young-Dae-2.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “The true identity of Cha Soo Ho, who started as a part-time convenience store worker and ended up as an assistant, will be revealed in the third episode. As the reason why Cha Soo Ho approached Kang Yeo Joo is revealed, a new mystery will begin to unfold. Keep an eye out for how Cha Soo Ho’s role will be utilized.”

In addition, new stills also show an icy confrontation between Cha Soo Ho and Ma Dong Kyun (Oh Min Seok), director of the National Intelligence Service. From his desk, Ma Dong Kyun peers up at Cha Soo Ho, who stands with his hands behind his back as he faces the director nervously. Viewers are curious about the relationship between the two men and the reason behind their tense meeting.

Spoiler

Oh-Min-Seok-Kim-Young-Dae.jpg

The drama’s production team shared, “Oh Min Seok will deliver a shocking impact through his role as the suspicious Ma Dong Kyun. Please look forward to his unusual transformation. Keep an eye out for tonight’s episode to find out about his close relationship with Cha Soo Ho.”

The next episode of “Cheat on Me If You Can” airs on December 9.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442578wpp/kim-young-dae-keeps-a-close-eye-on-jo-yeo-jeong-in-cheat-on-me-if-you-can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm having fun trying to analyze this drama.

Imo Yeo Joo didn’t kill Soo Jung, but she does feel responsible for her death. It might be because she didn't take action on whatever the actress said when they met, since Yeo Joo knew Soo Jung was doing something dangerous on the phone call, or it might be related to whatever happened seven years ago. She said the killer in the next book will be a reporter, and we didn't have a reason until later when Yeo Joo says she used to be one. That’s why she cried and apologized to her picture.

There are a couple of things that imply that at least some of what we're seeing is Yeo Joo's imagination.

1). The most obvious is when Yeo Joo takes a hair pin out, says it could be an axe, and then when she throws it we see an axe embed itself in the wall.

2). The theme of being watched. Yeo Joo is being watched by Soo Ho, her husband is being watched by the blackmail guy, is on TV, and is trying to play up his image so he can go into politics. Soo Jung was also being stalked (?) and her manager is legit a saesang fan. And to top it off the episode literally starts out with Soo Ho being followed.

3). When Soo Ho is looking through the telescope, in the middle of the scene there’s one shot where we're looking at him from behind something, followed by a shot through the telescope, reminding us that he's watching them, and we're watching him.

4). The whole scene where she's talking to the police seemed a bit... off. She knew things that we didn't know, and made claims presented as truth that seemingly came out of nowhere. And she didn't mention anything about exactly what trouble Soo Jung was in, or that she had talked to her recently. This could all be explained by other things, and whatever other conspiracies are going on, but right now it's a little fishy.

Honestly, I would really hate it if a lot of the show turns out to be in Yeo Joo’s head, or in her story. If we find out parts aren't real, then we can’t care about the story because it's not real, and we can't care about the characters because it turns out we didn't actually know them. However, I like the idea of the directing and writing acknowledging that the show we're watching is like reading one of Yeo Joo's novels, and that she herself is treating the case like her novels.

Despite being the main character, most of what we know about Yeo Joo comes from other people, and usually she's shown from other people's perspectives. It's an interesting contrast to her husband, who seems to be an open book to us but is lying to everyone around him. I believe we've only heard Yeo Joo's inner monologue one time - when she thinks that Woo Sung's friend is cheating with mysterious rich college girl. So the writer either really wants us to know that Yeo Joo doesn't know that her husband is cheating on her, or really wants us to think she doesn't know he's cheating. So truth or red herring - your guess is as good as mine.

Also: Soo Ho and Yeo Joo are definitely going to have something later, at least on his side. So far we have: that entire bookstore scene, Yeo Joo having her first genuine smile while talking to him, and a whole lot this episode. Soo Ho had a bunch of lines that could be taken as romantic in a different context, though obviously there's nothing there yet. Such as being mad he has to watch them act like a couple, annoyed that they’re close while eating, and noting that she smiles around her husband. The writer is foreshadowing hard. They also showed him spearing his lunch meat with his fork violently, which seemed excessive until we see Yeo Joo do the same thing later with the meat thermometer.

And back to the one telescope scene: The shot from behind could also have been to emphasize that what we're seeing now is private, or more private than what was shown before, even though nothing has changed. This correlates with the music change during that shot, the romantic overtones of noting she actually smiles in front of her husband, and the long profile shot ending the scene.

Random, but it was really funny how Soo Ho had that whole thing about not needing to think, and then once he's inside we hear his whole inner monologue. Clearly that's not going to take lol.

Edited by chellshock
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

“Cheat On Me If You Can” Rises Again In Viewership Ratings + “True Beauty” Continues Solid Start

After a slight dip, KBS’s “Cheat on Me If You Can” is back in fine form!

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 10 episode of “Cheat on Me If You Can” recorded average nationwide ratings of 4.2 and 5.2 percent. This means that the drama rose back into the 5 percent range after falling to the 3-4 percent range last episode.

tvN’s new drama “True Beauty” continued to perform well with average nationwide ratings of 3.626 percent, a small increase from its premiere.

On MBC, “The Spies Who Loved Me” recorded ratings of 2.9 and 2.8 percent, a significant jump from last episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442866wpp/cheat-on-me-if-you-can-rises-again-in-viewership-ratings-true-beauty-continues-solid-start

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Cheat on Me, If You Can: Episode 3

by quirkycase

CoMIYC03-01294.jpg

Our eccentric crime author’s interest is piqued by the disappearance of an acquaintance, but her curiosity does not go over well with the authorities or her husband who fears what this case could reveal about his misdeeds. As our stoic lead carries out her own little investigation – in between bouts of inspiration for her next novel – her mysterious assistant continues to follow orders to surveil her, although even he is baffled by what makes this bizarre writer worth all this effort.

EPISODE 3

In the basement, Ms. Yeom slams the freezer door shut in alarm. We cut to a crowded bus where a woman bumps into Soo-ho, leaving a lipstick stain on his bag. As he steps off the bus, a voice reports the target is on the move and describes Soo-ho’s clothing.

Several men stealthily tail him, and the one on the roof reports to the surveillance team that they’ve lost him. Soo-ho does some impressive on-the-go clothes swapping, but it’s of little use – that lipstick stain turns out to be some sort of tracker.They chase Soo-ho through alleys until he’s cornered. Soo-ho quickly and efficiently takes out two of them, but there’s plenty more left. Not that it’s a problem for Soo-ho who incapacitates them with ease. He even swipes the leader’s gun. The man begs him not shoot and cringes as Soo-ho pulls the trigger … and the man is splattered with paint.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/cheat-on-me-if-you-can-episode-3/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] If you cheat, you die, 바람피면 죽는다