Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest kaz11

I am just going to respect them as celebrities who want to keep their private lives private:) but it’s also human to speculate so cannot blame people for doing so, lol. Honestly I am more curious or concerned about her acting and the weight of her character in the film. I cannot take another disappointment sigh. 

At least he says they are good friends (probably with same interests) and not working colleagues. If it's the latter, I would be really disappointed with Kdw. I guess we will know the answer as time goes by. 

Last night live chat, Director Kim gave a spoiler and showed a kissing scene through his drawings. The reaction is hilarious but yeah kind of expected.

And from the reviews, it does seem that Hyojoo has a lot more scenes. I am so thrilled but so disappointed to not see it in theatre. 

• LOL 1

@adamag I’m sure he looks very awkward answering that question.lol I was expecting him to describe Hyo more about how good she is as a friend, but same old answer he gave in his Indonesia fanmeet. But yeah, same as @kaz11 lets leave and respect their privacy. Im sure Hyo will give a better interview once she is asked about it.lol She is more relaxed than kdw after the rumour. KDW even lost his sense of direction during Inrang showcase.lol I wonder how Hyo get along with this awkward guy.

Anyhow, yeah, I was laughing on that spoiler that director KJW gave hahaha! Lately they have been addressing about the weak foundation of the melo part in Inrang, but so far, what Ive read, Hyo is getting good reviews if she’s mentioned. Kim moo yeol too. 

Edit: Oh and somehow, I feel sad for him and other celebrities regarding the public good statement.And yeah, good for him to state that he is also an individual and also want to live happily.

• Like 2

Allkpop version.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/07/kang-dong-won-comments-on-his-response-to-his-dating-rumors-with-han-hyo-joo

I feel like there’s a difference speculating and telling pple who they can be with or not. Knetz seem to be seriously doing the latter a lot.

Am 100% on not invading their privacy. I have never tried to invade their privacy or asked them to tell me the truth, whatever it may be. I just like teasing them and teasing is all am gonna do. When another hot guy gets to be hyo’s co star am gonna do the exact same thing. Let them guve me sexy gong yoo and see if i dont tease them all day. Lol

i believe hyojoo’s acting is fine in the movie, if it wasnt, pple would already be trolling her since she’s the number one person they look for faults from.

am actually still awake because am waiting for something to happen so that i can make the announcement lmao....am almost there!

• Like 2

Guest kaz11

It will be interesting to know what she has to say about the rumor didn’t she supposedly “laugh it off”? Lol. But she does not owe anyone any explanation if you ask me. Let her live her life and announce anything when she wants to, if there’s anything to announce. 

In real time, inrang has officially sold 100,431 advance tickets!!!!! Usually the real number during the opening is twice or thrice of the advance sales. This means we’ll be opening with good numbers!

Nobody should mention MI6 numbers to spoil this happy news lmao. Am gonna hunt you if you do. Am not even gonna share the link to the site where you can check lol. Let’s not make comparisons and focus on this. Haha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

Glad inrang is doing well despite the tough competition

As for kdw's interview, I admire him for not being afraid to stand up to his fans. It's crazy how some people think they have the right  dictate someone else's life, even more so when they don't personally know that person.

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

@solaire, that's probably what I admire the most, how tuna remains true to himself in how he wants to separate his private life from his life as an actor.

First English review: 

(Movie Review) 'Illang: The Wolf Brigade' eventually loses its way

2018/07/24 11:08

By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, July 24 (Yonhap) -- "Illang: The Wolf Brigade," director Kim Jee-woon's live-action adaptation of the popular 1999 Japanese animation "Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade," aims to deliver spectacular and thought-provoking sci-fi thrills but gets a bit lost along the way.

The Korean film relocates the setting from '60s post-World War II Japan to South Korea in 2029. With war clouds hanging between China and Japan over a territorial dispute, South and North Korea decide to launch a unified government for their survival.

However, the continuing economic sanctions by powerful nations lead to economic instability in South Korea, which leads to the emergence of a terrorist sect opposing the reunification.

The government then launches a special police unit to stop the terrorists. As the state intelligence agency plots to destroy the unit, feeling threatened by its growing influence, Im Joong-kyung (played by Gang Dong-won), a highly trained member of the unit, sees "a girl in a red cape" detonate herself right in front of his eyes.

Joong-kyung visits the girl's older sister, Lee Yoon-hee (played by Han Hyo-joo), to give her the girl in the red cape's belongings. After the encounter, he is torn between his mission that forces him to be a beast and his feelings toward her.

After the press screening of the film Friday, director Kim Jee-woon said he wanted to tell a story of an individual who becomes determined to flee an organization that forces inhumane actions to find his true self. Kim also said he gave the originally dark and depressing film a commercial touch so it can perform well at the box office.

Sure, the result is a stylish action thriller with dazzling scenes of gun battles involving men in iron suits and masks, car chases and a high-rise building action scene backed by its star cast that also includes Jung Woo-sung and Choi Min-ho from popular K-pop boy band SHINee.

The problem is its relatively weak story. This lack of connection and overall jarring storytelling robs "Illang" of any suspense.

Most of all, the film falls short of properly delivering the intense inner conflict felt by Joong-kyung, a leading member of the Illang (man-wolf) troops, who are made into lethal human weapons by the government.

"Illang" had an admirably ambitious idea of what kind of movie it wanted to be. Unfortunately, it spent so much time trying to recreate the world from the animated movie and remakes it into a big-scale action blockbuster that it never got the simple things right. The romance between Joong-kyung and Yoon-hee is not captivating because the characters and their relationship are not given depth.

The Warner Bros. Korea release is set to premiere in Korea on Wednesday.

Even the first reviews on letterboxd (a film community) aren't very encouraging. Don't read if y'all don't wanna read negative reviews and spoilers (romance)~

Spoiler

½ Watched by Yumin Ha 20 Jul, 2018

I was lucky enough to attend the preview but unfortunately, it turned out to be the worst movie of the year. Or maybe along the same line with Transformers 4. It might sound harsh but hear me out. You'll realize how generous I am in this review once you watch the actual movie.

Even without Jin Roh the original animation put into context, it was perhaps one of the worst movies I've seen this year. There are too many reasons why it was a failure not just as a movie but also will commercially. I really tried hard at one point in the film to find the good parts of the movie, and I guess I can compliment the two major action sequences (one in the tower, and one in the underground) for creating a level of tension. But that's it. That's being generous, too.

Now let's get to the fun part: why it was a complete richard simmons show.

Jin Roh's plot, although simple in terms of the main scheme of things, consists of complex relationships and dialogue which end up leading the audience towards a moment of catharsis . My argument is that the movie should have either not focused on the story at all and should've simplified it for the sake of commercial success , or should've put emphasis on the plot so that the mystery slowly unfolds and leads towards this tragic incident in the end. But the movie does neither: It doesn't know what it's trying to be, and constantly shifts focus throughout.

Already from the opening sequence the film tries explain the context of 'SECT' and the political conflicts which have taken place in Korea in order to explain this mythical existence of "Illang". I can't remember how long that animated sequence was, but it was long enough to get me really confused and uninterested. Complete waste and bad quality animation too.

The setting. Oh the richard simmons setting. Some critics it "resembled blade runner". Didn't know there were that many blind people in the theaters. The only alterations made to the cabs were these huge richard simmons cones on top and the city literally looked as it is now.

Nothing was improved. It's not futuristic at all.

Now the most atrocious part - character development. Simply put, you don't understand the motivations of character's actions at richard simmons all throughout the movie. Both the male and female protagonists, charismatic at one point turn into double digit IQ dumbasses at other. They fight without a cause, and mostly because the plotline guides them through this terribly complex and purposeless path.

The plot line stays relatively similar to the original story, except it's the worst alteration that has ever been made in the history of animated originals in my opinion. All they had to do, was just use the plot line AS IS. But nope. They just had to change the ending so that everyone lives. And the reveal that the main character is Illang seems like an established fact from the beginning - yet the movie attempts to make it seem like its a surprise for the audience. Listen. The audience was already lost 5 minutes in to the movie. You can't reveal a GRAND surprise if the audience can't follow what's going on while you just try to cover that up with irrelevant dialogue and action scenes. There is simply no coherence at any point in the story.

Speaking of which, reminds me of the little red riding hood story. The original treats it with sincerity, and with sincerity throughout.

But when you put music that you would see in a Johnson & Johnson ad over love scenes and then put this TERRIBLE richard simmons animation out of nowhere to explain the story of little red riding hood, you're richard simmons done. I can withstand the awkward dialogue, the mundane glances and going home together and kissing for no reason. I can even stand the protagonist's shadow morphing into a literal shape of a wolf. BUT WHEN YOU PUT A SQUARE SHAPED ANIMATION THAT SEEMS COMPLETELY OUT OF richard simmons PLACE RIGHT AFTER THAT I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT

Many other flaws and completely atrocious parts to the movie, but I will save it for your own pleasures. A huge let down for me who's been a fan of Kim's work, as you can tell from my profile picture.

It didn't even have any of Kim's comic touch to it. Not once.

Also the characters fight for literally no reason multiple times.

Maybe I said that already. Well they do.

Also Mission Impossible 6, considered one of the greatest by far is opening the same day with this movie. Good luck.

Hate this movie. 0/5. I'm not exaggerating. I'm serious. Watch it when it comes out online. Don't waste your money. I really tried my best but I couldn't find anything good about it. I just couldn't. It's that big of an atrocity, and one that will go down in Korean cinema history like the film Resurrection of The Little Match Girl.

https://letterboxd.com/film/illang-the-wolf-brigade/reviews/by/added/

Perhaps this explains Hj's lack of enthusiasm?

Hj’s lack of enthusiasm was there before she even watched the movie. I personally thought she was just holding back because she was worried abt her performance. These days she’s actually looking much better.

Am done reading reviews so am skipping any new one lol. I will hope for the best for inrang, not gonna worry myself by avoiding any negativity and if it does well then good! If it doesnt, we can only hope for a better project next.

Hopefully i get to watch it in the near future and see what i think abt it.

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

Delayed reaction: I freakin love Hyojoo x Yeri they lift my spirits up lol. Yeah she should work with more same-age actors, the dynamics ~ totally different because of their culture. 

Yeah, she exhibited a lot of anxiety... I can never know what it’s like but she seems to be the type of an actor that really thinks (perhaps even overthink). Just an observation, cause of how she talks about acting and her characters and how to express emotions. Hope she lets loose a bit and just be in the moment when she acts. 

JWS and Hyojoo too! I want a video of this, I think Woosung asked her to go to the audience? 

And yes, Im glad that Hyo had Hyeri last night. They were chatting and laughing. Hope we get a video of the talk, please post if here. Yeah, actually Hyo looks comfortable and back to her usual self since the showcase.

I have been looking for a video with that jws-hhj moment too!

hyr n hyo were so cute. Hyr is so small, when hyo extended her arm and she ran to her side my heart melted. Hearts were coming out.

Yeah, i think hyo overthinks too. I also want her to be actress that lets herself loose rather than be calculative. I heard her talking abt how her calculations on her character wasnt adding up and so on and i wish she would be less calculative. Also i know from experience as one who also overthinks that it only gets worse, the more you think, the more frightened you become. Life has a lot of challenges and they are gonna come no matter what, if you keep over stressing yourself too much, you’ll burn out.

i have seen some audience reviews on naver lol today but most of them are trolls talking abt refugees, pro -jap or hyo’s brother. Am someone who remembers the bad than the good. I can read 10 good reviews but the one bad one will remain in my memory more. So am running now from reviews before i freak out more than i already am haha. I noticed korean taste in stuff is a lil bit different from others in a way. Am hoping inrang does well enough but if it doesnt, am hoping hyo takes it not too harshly, picks a new better project and comes back with a bang. I have always believed her to be someone who cant stay long without getting a hit project.

• Like 2

Guest kaz11

@adamag same, man, I am someone who has lived with anxiety for as long as I can remember so I know the feeling. The thing is, I loved her more as an actress when she was starting out, I really found her more natural then. The more she became successful and tries to ‘show a different facet of the actress’ the more she overthinks and tends to give uneven performances. I hope she finds that one role that can make her have that epiphany. 

Hard to believe hyr is 34 (korean age) lol she looks like she can be the little sister of hj seeing how adorable she acted around her and the rest of the cast. I'm glad they were welcoming toward her :) 

Meanwhile, the bromance between kdw and kmy is cute too haha