Genre: Suspense, Historical, Mystery, Romance, Fantasy

Episodes: 32

Director: Steve Cheng

Broadcast Period:  Mar 30, 2021 - Apr 27, 2021

Cast:

Guan Hong

Zhang Yi Shang

Synopsis:

A story that follows an upright goddess and a constable with a cold exterior who join hands to solve crime and find love along the way.

During the Song Dynasty, Bao Longtu who governs Kaifeng has become known as the new 'Bao Qingtian'. Duanmu Cui  descends to the mortal realm and establishes her own sect with the intent to vanquish demonic forces who seek to harm humans. The 4th rank imperial guard Zhan Zhao receives orders to help Duanmu Cui, thus beginning their journey against ghosts in the pugilistic world.
(Chinesedrama.info) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Spoiler

EN4X7_4f.jpg

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] No Boundary 玉昭令
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] No Boundary 玉昭令

Have grab the first 10 episodes...dunno if that is good but the rating in MDL is really high

I like Darren and the story seem really in my taste too...DuKQ9Vu.jpg

me reupload it.

Sure forbidden love between human and goddess is always something I like...Specially a goddess who go in the human realm to make a new sect...for her o.o Jianghu? demon...ohh Darren look super handsome here. Constable x Goddess....ohhhhhhh

ac22ffccbb79406d9a37c10c74c3e1de.jpeg

credit to the owner 

Look great!! 

the scriptwriter weave together ghost stories , romance , funny 

ep1 i rate it 9/10 , subsequent episodes 7.5/10

mostly studio or the filmset city scenes , don't remember got any natural outdoor scenery

lead actress change new costume almost twice every episode

bad guy(girl) can easily be guessed , later she will forcefully convert her lover into darkside king

• Blob 1

I’ve watched 2 episodes. I don’t know the female lead, but I like the male lead who was the boy from Cheng Hua 14th year. He looks a bit young to play the character, Zhan Yan, here. Is he supposed to be the famous Zhan Zhao from Bao Qing Tian? The story of the Duan Mu having some kind of disability to feel emotions reminds me of Jin Mi in Ashes of Love. The interaction of diety and mortals makes an interesting story. I don’t like the sound - sometimes loud, sometimes soft. Can’t hear the speech properly.

• Love 1

Spoiler

From what I understand , 1000 years ago when they were mortals , the human army invaded a walled city and won.

The female lead's husband died first and she brought his casket into the final battle and she also died in battle.

Most characters in present timeline were also there back then.

After the battle came a magic item that elevated the winner side into immortals and the immortals used their new power to banish the loser side into the netherworld.

The female lead couldn't condition to the lost of her husband in her revived immortal life , the other immortals erased her memory and sealed her emotional function.

The bad guys in present timeline are trying to gather the fragments of the magic item to break the seal and escape from the netherworld.

from the interview video above , it's to expect the later half of the drama to be very negative tone in romance

Thanks heaps for your explanation, please put into spoilers next time as some people may not want to know ahead of time the background info (though I was thrilled with your explanation as I welcome spoilers).

Edited by SC2019
please put into spoilers! thanks
  • Like 2

@omiki my thoughts exactly, when I saw that part about locking up memories of 'love debt', the first thought that came to mind was AOL! and thanks to @杨过是大哥哥 I have a hint of what's to come, though frankly, I don't like the tone of the theme song (opening)... it seems to suggest something to me about the ending and I am a sucker for HE. The FL reminds me of the actress from Dance of the Phoenix, Yang Chao Yue, gives me the similar feel, with her acting. Got mistaken initially, but realised it's not the same person.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

can I just ask, is there a Season 2 as on iQiYi the drama has the words 'Season 1'. I'm already at E27-28, and I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that 32 is going to end at a point where you know there is a continuation, and I'll have to wait for heaven knows how long to see it.....:sweatingbullets:

Edited, after watching E29-30

OK, after the long wait, I am at E29-30 and tomorrow is the ending. Based on the pace/tempo, is this going to be the kind of rushed ending? Wow, there seems to be so much to wrap up and we are still stuck in the abyss.....

• Like 1

Hm, I'm really late. I dw until episode 30 but only watch until episode 6

It's a bit weird to see Han Dong to be the ''big'' brother. The actress who do Duan Mucui, her expression is good. But sometime feel push it sometime. I like the story until episode 6 but hm...I can't find the chemistry between the two lead or it's just me?. It's romantique..I mean if you like something bickering between two persons, you would like it. But...seem missing something hm.

Darren is acting really good. Manly :love:. I feel he always under Mucui protection, kind waiting to see his ''power''. The love plot is really fast, Zhan Yan already seem to fluffy for our High Goddess and she really innocent and keep playing with him...without knowing his feeling. They was a foe...and become friend...after lover. 

Interesting character is Hong Luan...I know and I bet she is the one from the Demon clan envoy. Poor the actress, she always be the bad girl who cry, from ash of love or Eternal love of Dream...she always have the same characters personality hm. I was hope something different and really hope she will have a good ending. hm ..

Wengu...what to said more, I know he have a feeling for Duan Mucui. It's easy to know..second male lead is always like that. From the opening or ending song he seem to be from Long...family...dragon? Did something happen to him before? Hong Luan and him seem to have a connection and also she seem in love with him...oh well....

Give me some angst and I will be happy. If they can make me crying like Love and Redemption...I like it :smirk:

• Like 1

@miaka fy Welcome! It's lonely in this thread, glad you are watching too. The FL reminds me of the girl from Dance of the Phoenix but I always feel amazed at how tall she is (most times she is the same height with quite a few of the male actors). I enjoy listening to the voice of the ML, not sure if that's his voice or he is overdubbed. It's my first time watching him act and I like it so far.

Someone commented earlier on that the first 10 episodes were more like 'investigation' or 'detective work'. So for those who like it, it's great. But after that, the angst, romance becomes the focus. And the strange thing is that at a very late stage, it becomes a step into the past. It feels strange to have the backstory so late but the back story explains the flashbacks we get earlier on and ties up the loose ends. Thus, my question of if there will be a Season 2.

I agree, the actress portraying Hong Luan is taking on such a stereotypical role, but I think she ellicits a lot of sympathy here for this role. So I hope she doesn't get negative comments (and feel the need to defend herself) unlike in the previous drama.  

Edited - latest news

Ok, so a little bird somewhere said that this is supposed to be 52 episodes and S1 has 32 while S2 has 20. So if you are watching this, erh, do be prepared that we won't get to watch the ending yet. sigh.

• Blob 1

@SC2019 Actually I was trying to watch everything out from Cdrama and download it. Sure sometime it's take time to watch all because I'm really busy with real life but I'm try :partyblob:

I'm really promote a lot for WOH as you can see, but I'm update in many cdrama and finish a lot already. It's just I feel sometime in a tread where they have a lot peoples who discuss it, I...coming from nowhere and write something is a bit weird LOL so I'm lurker in popular tread. Try to mask my presence :smirk:

Yes, no worry, this drama I currently recommend to few friends and they watch it. Sure it's lonely in this tread but sometime I'm so glad that no one post something so I'm the only one who post it LOL and just awaking the tread...

I download until the ep 32 and I was so confuse why they ending like that. Ok I cheat it and did see the last episodes a bit but after I went to MDL ...and know about a season 2, I was like O.O WHY A SEASON TWO ...they want us to buy a goddies before to make the season 2 out?

The FL did have a same shameless like the girl from Dance of the Phoenix. Actually all Fantasy romance adaptation, all FL or MC are a badass girl hehe. Add with Xian Xia , powerful combinaison, make viewers fall in love with the story. 

Dance of the Phoenix is come from Godly Empress Doctor novel I think I'm on chapter 1500 something...and they have 4257 chapters complete. So long novel and I remember I read twice already because I forgot the story

This serie too was from a novel adaptation but I never read it. 

You are right, in the begining it's something like detective term or investigation. I can see they change on episode 6 when they was like ''cosplay'' into wife and husband...more like bickering and start to fall in love. I can't said more than that because I'm still on episode 6.

I hope the actress who act Hong Luan can change into something that we ''viewers'' will defend her. Probably I'm tired to see her in a character without taste...I will hope to see her in a role that she can be a badass second FL lead. 

I can see from the begining, she seem like a lot Mucui, just hope isn't a lie...

Like you write before, the actress who do Mucui surprise me alot. I never saw her, but I JUST LOVE HER EYE who express her emotion. New actress but I love her acting. Sure I can't find the chemistry between the two actor yet. Maybe later...

The actor, Darren, I saw him in all his drama. Specially in the drama ''The Sleuth of Ming Dynasty'' produce by Jackie Chan. Also he was in the F4 new version with Dylan ''Meteor Garden'' aka from Hana Yori Dango adaptation manga. He change his puppy attraction cutie to a manly actor :love:. His acting is better now. He surprise me a lot too in this cdrama. 

Will continue it no worry, specially it's also Xian Xia..I can't go away from lolll 

Super surprise that WENGU IS ONLY 20 YEAR OLD o.o I mean the actor. He did a ok job, sure he is new and cannot acting like a veteran actors but he is ok...promising actor.

Seem Han Dong really cannot find a way to go into a light sigh, he acting so many year and cannot become in front and become a popular actor. But I saw his uncoming drama and he is finally again a lead...let's see how viewers decide it...

• Like 1

for the abrupt 'ending' at ep32 , I rate the show overall 4.5/10

scenes visible in ending theme clip but not in within the 32 episodes

Spoiler

female lead battle with another armor guy with halberd , getting impaled and dying in the arms of zhanyan

(an earlier memory flashback she did not die in zhanyan's arms)

hongluan reconciliate with wengu , both of them in embrace while  seriously injured outside the walled city , wearing the black 'king' costume as the original timeline

(in the original timeline she never got such attention from wengu even on the death scene wearing the same black clothes)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

for the abrupt 'ending' at ep32 , I rate the show overall 4.5/10

scenes visible in ending theme clip but not in within the 32 episodes

that's because there is reportely another 20 episodes to come, season 2.

which is why in IQiyi, it's listed as Season 1. Total of 52 episodes.

Can you imagine my 'horror' at finding out that only at E31? :evillaugh:

@miaka fy I adore Han Dong here. Didn't realise he was in UTP until a friend said 'he's the bad guy with one eye' (LOL).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@miaka fy I adore Han Dong here. Didn't realise he was in UTP until a friend said 'he's the bad guy with one eye' (LOL).

omg i hate him so much in Under the power, he was sooooooo wicked and I was so happy how he end. No I think it's because he acting in 2013 Demi-God and Semi-devils..he was the raper Xu Zhu. That why this image was sticky on him like forever. That was write in chinese newpaper or something like that I read before. That why viewers was stick on this image and after that he can't seem to have luck in his acting. 

Did someone know why they cut the serie into two season? They want to grab more viewers or they saw the serie didn't bring a lot viewers so they want to change something? 

But I like it so far, I will finish to watch until episode 32 soon!!

Too much drama to watch but not a lot rest time...next vacation soon:please:

• Like 1

After watching episode 32,....... so now what? Did they even filmed  a complete episode - all 52 of them, or is this  something that not even on the work?

What else to tell in the remaining storyline? We just need 3 more episodes to wrap everything up in a bow and be done with 35 episodes, nice and clean.....

Otherwise this is a waste of a time.:crazymad:

• Insightful 1