[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

9 minutes ago, mvrecci said:

ahh...

thats good...

have to extend my patience a little longer...

sleep now comes sweetly..

haha..

tysm for the quick reply...

She will explain everything. You'll have to watch till the end :joy:

• LOL 1

8 minutes ago, Ming said:

was there a full version of this live chat? 

This drama is making me crazy. I even downloaded WeTv and Bilibili app just for TROTR and playing the show all night on my WeTv app :joy: currently rewatching it for the 4th time XD.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Now I have a question. What does CP mean? Couple alike OTP? I only know CP as something cultures won’t accept anymore for a reason.

I skipped many parts in CQL too. The story besides the OTP was a bit boring and exhausting and I also prefer the timeline when WWX came back. The past was a bit too long. Even though I like the novel characters and story better I prefer CQL LWJ since falling for him makes WWX not that masochistic and a bit out of the blue. 

But I never would compare both Dramas with each other since both have a totally different premise and concept. I rather would compare it with Dramas like Eternal Love  where we have a modern heroine in the past too and a devoted OTP.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Usi said:

Now I have a question. What does CP mean? Couple alike OTP? I only know CP as something cultures won’t accept anymore for a reason.

I skipped many parts in CQL too. The story besides the OTP was a bit boring and exhausting and I also prefer the timeline when WWX came back. The past was a bit too long. Even though I like the novel characters and story better I prefer CQL LWJ since falling for him makes WWX not that masochistic and a bit out of the blue. 

But I never would compare both Dramas with each other since both have a totally different premise and concept. I rather would compare it with Dramas like Eternal Love  where we have a modern heroine in the past too and a devoted OTP.

I think CP is short form for couple, only used for couples in TV/movies/dramas.

Didn't watch CQL, as I seldom watch mainland Chinese dramas (pretty much only 1 a year, this year is an exception cos I saw ELOD and now ROTAR).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, arcchidus said:

For the few of us who knows Chinese, here’s the original script: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4513879445644131

Theres a little bit of extra toward the end that’s not acted out (I think? Based on memory)

—-

@Ming FYI cooking rice is a pg13 Chinese slang for sexy time

Thanks for sharing the script. So I asked my friend about the script and she told me a rough translation of the script about parts that was not included in the script.

1) The setting: It’s supposed to be night time at home. Han Shuo is half leaning by the bed and Xiaoqian pushes open the door to enter...

2) At the end he wanted to ask the rescue question but XQ covers his mouth and says her line that's all you. They stop talking, She look at him and say We should just cook rice. And she turns off the lights.

3) Off screen you can hear their voice: HS: Is there something you're not understanding? XQ: It is somewhat confusing/disappointing. HS: Then let's just go through the script again, actually I've been here all along

The comments on weibo is: Please continue second part, Second Season: COOKING RICE, Writernim for second season 2 please add better cooking rice scenes. LOL 

• Confused 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hi I just want to say I love this forum. I've been following it for about a week now and enjoy the conversation and the translations that have been offered. I 

I did have a question about Episode 24, for those who are able to just give me a brief translated summary. I'm getting so impatient now that I have to wait a week for the last two episodes. This show has be crazy and made me sign up for Tencent Video just to watch the translated episodes as soon as they come out.

Spoiler

About 16 minutes in when the main couple appear before HS's father, what is the letter that HS's mother hands her husband. Was wondering if it was a divorce letter basing that off of the letter XQ tore up a few episodes back. Also what was the mother saying to the guards after. I got the impression that she was taking the army to lead it.

Edited by Its Liane
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Adidaem said:

In case anyone wants to watch. DYX cut of the variety show 演员的品格 that he participated in and won before he filmed ROTAR

The best part was that there were moments when he really looked like the Original character there. For a new actor he did very well!! No wonder he won!

• Like 4

SPOILERS! (those not yet watched last 2 episodes can skip reading this). My mandarin is not good but here is what I understood:

Queen finally told CC that she was not her daughter but the late General Pei’s daughter. As the Queen and the late General were close, she promised her to bring CC up like her own. So CC and PH are siblings. Knowing this, instead of feeling remorse, CC forcedly took over the General from PH as she’s a female and entitled more for General. She then using her General power to rule the entire army and sent a message to Tiger City that Rose city would stop selling any coals to Tiger unless they gave her QQ. QQ decided to return to Rose city trying to save her mother and PH after knowing what happened. During the struggle, CC tried to kill QQ and HS stood in front of QQ to protect her from the sword and got badly injured (dying). QQ still tried to convince CC that she’d been wrong all this time. CC didn’t believe her. So QQ challenged her to walk the Rose Walk that their ancient legend had said the heaven door will open and the sky will be colourful splendid when a chosen leader walk the Rose Walk. The Queen agreed and so they had the ceremony for the sacred walk. HS in his dying bed asked QQ to take the walk as that’s her way to return to her world. But QQ refused and promised that she’d return to his room after the ceremony as he wished to see her in the ceremonial costume. At the ceremony, QQ refused to take part of the walk as she did not want to leave HS and wake up from the dream. But then she unintentionally walked the Rose Walk as she hurriedly ran over to HS who vomited blood when trying to convince her to walk the Rose Walk and return to her own world as he did not have much time left to accompany her and didn’t want her be left alone lonely in the world she did not belong (imagine there’s no wifi, weibo, tencent etc in that world. Oh, this is my comment hahahah). Then it happened as the legend said. The sky turned so colourful and bright. And QQ woke up from the dream and woke up in the present day feeling very heart broken and sad. When she called her boss seeking to have more time to hand in her script, she found out HS in the modern day is Mr. Han and he had an accident and been hospitalised. She went to the hospital. At first HS was confused and couldn’t recognise her as the orange. But later he did and they hugged. In the last scene, it showed QQ wrote her script on the computer (I don’t know any words she wrote, hope someone who can read mandarin can translate here. I hope what she wrote is something that can open for season 2 haha)

PS. My personal opinion, the ending at the hospital was cut too short. It’s a bit weird ending in my opinion. 

PSS. Yes, I remember every single thing in many of the episodes after rewatching countless times. I’m falling over the heels with this drama. It has so many mixed bag of feelings watching it such as cuteness, happiness, laughed out loud as it’s just too funny, suspense and sadness moments. I’m completely hooked hahahahaha...

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Its Liane said:

Hi I just want to say I love this forum. I've been following it for about a week now and enjoy the conversation and the translations that have been offered. I 

I did have a question about Episode 24, for those who are able to just give me a brief translated summary. I'm getting so impatient now that I have to wait a week for the last two episodes. This show has be crazy and made me sign up for Tencent Video just to watch the translated episodes as soon as they come out.

Reveal hidden contents

About 16 minutes in when the main couple appear before HS's father, what is the letter that HS's mother hands her husband. Was wondering if it was a divorce letter basing that off of the letter XQ tore up a few episodes back. Also what was the mother saying to the guards after. I got the impression that she was taking the army to lead it.

Spoiler

Yes is a divorce letter. HS father went on and on about women being useless and HS mother was fed up and then also asked the general for the army command token that her father left behind to lead the army again. 

background: 

HS mother is Hua Mulan. She met HS husband when she joined the army and she beat him in a fight. She gave up her command of the army when she married HS father. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

13 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes is a divorce letter. HS father went on and on about women being useless and HS mother was fed up and then also asked the general for the army command token that her father left behind to lead the army again. 

background: 

HS mother is Hua Mulan. She met HS husband when she joined the army and she beat him in a fight. She gave up her command of the army when she married HS father. 

Whatt really?

I am praising my self for my patience waiting the eps in wetv lol, i have watched until ep 18, and i am planning to binge the rest after it fully uploaded on we tv. But i dont mind spoilers.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

40 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

For those interested in seeing more videos of YX in other shows - here's a short clip of him in Serenade of Peaceful Joy:  https://www.bilibili.com/s/video/BV1Mp4y1X7mN

He played a very famous scholar / poet.

Unfortunately he doesn’t seem to have a steady pipeline of work coming up or lined up. Intense Love was filmed after ROTAR but both aired at the same time. Can’t help but think that it would have been better for both dramas to be broadcasted at different times so that he can have sustained attention. But then again he may not have gotten the same attention or be crowned the ‘May boyfriend’. Double edged sword I guess. 

• Like 3