[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] My Little Happiness 我的小确幸

sugarplum892

I'd have to say the plot development within the first few episodes was quiiite predictable. I could almost bet on what was going to happen next! But well, now we reach the halfway mark of the show and I'm really hoping for something solid!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its 28 episodes, so its shorter than some dramas. So far, its cute enough for me to watch (coz no dramas interests me at the moment - funny that im looking for more Chinese dramas to watch rather than korean in the past few months, probably the rate of China's tv channels churning out dramas is faster than the koreans - Mr Queen, despite the rave reviews, i feel pace-wise, slow).... 2nd couple didnt really interest me until about ep14 when the 2nd female lead gets a bit mature?

While i like dramas where the leads do not play hard to get, i do find it uneasy with the whole childhood love stories however....  i dont think such thing realistically happens, definately rare, but not often... yet most modern romance drama from China always seemed to lean towards that angle, childhood love, etc etc.....  cant the writers think of love at first sight kinda thing?... haa

Everyone remembers male lead from PYHOMS but i cant remember him in it! Im old... sigh... i just see and remembers Lin Yi in that drama, haaaaa...

Zheng Shuang, sad end to her career... she admitted to the scandal and said she didnt break any countries national laws.... the fight between her and the husband is the cause of this.. sigh, 2 innocent kids will be dragged on this scandal for years to come. 

Sad because Love 020 was the first modern China drama that i like and because of her, the drama will be literally ban in china together with her previous and current works. Sigh.. hopefully she will self reflect and try to take some responsibility to the two children who has her genes.. sigh...

@_jeslyn I've only started looking at this drama recently because I remembered seeing both main leads on "Put Your Head On My Shoulder" and I agree the story development is a bit predictable. To me Xing Fei roles on both these dramas feels somewhat similar.

So far Cong Rong & Wen Shaoqing relationship reminded me of that other drama "She Was Pretty" story-line, where the ML (also nicknamed fatty) was looking for his childhood sweetheart whom he was in love with. Although the main leads & 2nd leads chemistry is okay, I wish the screen writer makes the remainder of the series more interesting and exciting.

Cong Rong cousin Zhong Zhen, has a cute personality and adds a fun factor to the series. As for that doctor Qin Chu who walks around as though she is a gooddess, can't stand her. She clearly see's Wen Shaoqing only has eyes for Cong Rong, yet she keeps pushing herself up to him. Jealousy really is a heck of a thing that consumes some people and makes them lose all self respect. On a positive note, I must say Wen Shaoqing dog is too adorable so much so that I look forward to seeing it in each episodes.

@realistic2280a I too felt sad when I heard about Zheng Shuang scandal and the effect it would have on her career :(, I surely didn't expect that from her. I really liked seeing her with Yang Yang:wub: in the Chinese drama Love O2O where they had such amazing chemistry. It's one of my favorite drama that I've re-watched numerous times, so I hope it isn't banned because of her scandal.

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] My Little Happiness 我的小确幸

Just finish watching ep24...

From my simple observation,

1. Yes the men cook again - seriously why? Making men multi-task is the inthing in China these days?

2. When they sleep, they never switch off their lights?....hmm... no sense of saving energy? Hehe

3. They dont have blinders/black out curtains, the sun rays seems to always shine on their sleepy faces in the morning...

Oh, another thing... the actor who acted as Wen Rang has good potential of becoming a drama lead, himself. He definately has a face, height and maturity? for it  :D

Initially when i started the drama, i know the female lead but gradually, the height difference in this drama seemed to bother me more than her previous drama with Lin Yi. I dont know why?

But seriously, why do Chinese drama like to pair such actors with such big height difference? I know one should not discriminate, but tall guys are cute but to pair it with shorter girls doesnt seemed appropriate. Reminds me of another older popular drama, where the drama lead said in a leaked audio, drama producers like the tall guy pairing with short girl.... but im just curious on the logic of it. When the leads hugs, it looks quite awkward? No?

Just finished watching episode 18, the lead couple Cong Rong & Shao Qing romance looks a bit one-sided at times where SQ seems to be the one putting in the most effort. I get that CR just started up her career and is focusing on her work and what not but I feel a bit sad for SQ as it must be tiring being the initiator of most of their interactions. Plus, her boss seems to have a crush on her and taking her caring acts as a mixed signal that she may have some similar feeling towards him. At least SQ jealousy here would add a little more pizzazz to their relationship lol.

As for Wen Rang & Cheng Cheng their relationship appears to be a bit more interesting than the main leads. I often find myself looking forward to more of their scenes. I guess I prefer more of the opposite attract type of scenarios. Normally, I don't like seeing the 2nd lead actress in other dramas, mainly due to the type of roles she is given. However, in this drama I like her sincere friendship with CR and her determination & perseverance in her pursuit of WR heart.

Zhong Zhen on the other hand with his cute self, I wish there was some potential romance awaiting him too. Hopefully, the writers didn't forget him lol.

15 minutes ago, Shari said:

Just finished watching episode 18, the lead couple Cong Rong & Shao Qing romance looks a bit one-sided at times where SQ seems to be the one putting in the most effort. I get that CR just started up her career and is focusing on her work and what not but I feel a bit sad for SQ as it must be tiring being the initiator of most of their interactions. Plus, her boss seems to have a crush on her and taking her caring acts as a mixed signal that she may have some similar feeling towards him. At least SQ jealousy here would add a little more pizzazz to their relationship lol.

As for Wen Rang & Cheng Cheng their relationship appears to be a bit more interesting than the main leads. I often find myself looking forward to more of their scenes. I guess I prefer more of the opposite attract type of scenarios. Normally, I don't like seeing the 2nd lead actress in other dramas, mainly due to the type of roles she is given. However, in this drama I like her sincere friendship with CR and her determination & perseverance in her pursuit of WR heart.

Zhong Zhen on the other hand with his cute self, I wish there was some potential romance awaiting him too. Hopefully, the writers didn't forget him lol.

I have to agree with you. I love SQ and how he's really opened up since he found Cong Rong again. I applaud her for being dedicated and wanting to show that she can be a good lawyer but there is no reason for not being able to take some time for her relationship. Especially since SQ is very supportive of her. I did like them and they had some cute and funny moments but I too was a bit more interested in the relationship between Wan Reng & Cheng Cheng. They are quite the opposites but this actually works out for them. They are so much happier and a better version of themselves when they are together. Cheng Cheng really grew as person and a business owner while also being a fantastic best friend. 

Zhong Zhen needs someone! I love him to pieces. His scenes always have me laughing. 

I'm also glad that there wasn't every type of issue in the world that can break people up in this drama and what issues did come up were fairly quickly resolved. I think this drama is perfect for when you need something fun and light in between the more angsty ones. ^_^ 

As several of commentors in mdl said, it bothers them that the first time SQ fell in love with CR, it was only when he knew CR was his old friend from the past. Before that he did treat her coldly and within one epiosde, his outlook on her changed dramatically after knowing he was his childhood friend..

That  in itself was something wrong with the whole romance. He was in love with the past but not the new person that CR had grown up to become at first sight.... but since i lack dramas to watch these days, im not picky.. and the leads are visually attractive to me, hence im watching to the end (sigh, when is ep25-28 sub coming out.. seeing the deleted wedding scence make people edgy, haha).... and we are Wen Rang was introduced to us... and the rest is history...

I get what people are saying about how he treated her. He was in love with the the girl she was when they were kids and was still in love with that version of her which explains at first why he was cold at first. He didn't want to love anyone else but her and he had to deal with all the nurses fawning over him. But after he knew it was her he didn't come clean at first about their childhood when he saw she didn't remember AND he for some unknown reason believe that she would have changed as much as she had. His heart was in the right place though. I do think the story started off a bit fast in the beginning. Would have been nice if things had built up a bit slower. More scenes of our second couple would have been equally nice. But I'm not going to be super picky because it's been a rough past year and I need something light hearted and far from anything super serious. 

Hehe... i thought Love Is Sweet was a blessing for me (honestly, still cant get over the leads) as well, coz now Im actively trying to watch Chinese dramas rather than Koreans... the rate of the dramas being churned out from the many channels in China outnumbered the ones from Korea. Im still following Mr Queen, and still hoping for ep 25-28 English subs of MLH to be uploaded ASAP

Love is Sweet was SO good. I've been finding myself watching more C-dramas as well. Personally I feel like K-dramas have hit a bit of a slump. For awhile there were some really good ones coming out but lately I just cannot get into (most of) the more recent stuff. Hoping that changes though. :)

15 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

..... it bothers them that the first time SQ fell in love with CR, it was only when he knew CR was his old friend from the past. Before that he did treat her coldly and within one epiosde, his outlook on her changed dramatically after knowing he was his childhood friend..

That  in itself was something wrong with the whole romance. He was in love with the past but not the new person that CR had grown up to become at first sight....

I honestly thought the same thing as well, initially he treated the present version of CR with a cold indifference and literally the second he realised she was his past CR version ....poof!... he was madly in love :wub:. This sudden change didn't seem sincere or realistic to me at first but now I could see he is really in love with her. I'm just assuming here but this may have been one of the reasons CR took a while to reciprocate his feelings.

Hehe...the sudden chnage of feeling... if CR wasnt his childhood friend, we wouldnt have the romance and he would just be looking at the past and continue to wait under the tree... but regardless of that.. im fine with the drama, coz i have nothing better to watch... hahaa

Man, where is that sub ep25... sigh.. someone posted its availability on telegram was a fake.. urgh

Just saw the ending of the drama...

Why was WX not at the stage waiting for CR during the wedding again?

Seeing CR's boss at the wedding, i would thought that it would be nice to have a sequel of him and his future girlfriend, not the one in the drama though... haha

Credits to China drama productions which always seemed to show the drama endings with a wedding scene. That in itself would cost a lot to organise. We have seen from social media how the leads were happy during the wedding scenes, and everyone looked as if they enjoyed themselves with the drama's ending...

CR and WX kinda proposed each other at new year and it took them 7 to 8 months to get married *September wedding... im just being perverted, WX has been hot and heavy with CR in the past 3months that they have been dating, could he actually waited another 8 months to have *it... haha...

As for Wen Rang and CC, after 2 years they still make her airhead? Sigh.. sorry, but probably cute to some but to me, being gullibe after 2 years of relationship seemed far fetched... as long as WR still care for her, she will be at his mercy until the end, hehe

However, kinda unexpected ending.. why did they cut the scene of the WX, CR and their kids playing in the park, it would have been nice to see them walking together as a family... yet the ending seeing the kids just playing together is such an underwhelming ending...

Anyhow, wish i could have finish the drama last week rather than this week... finding the next drama to watch is a challange.. haha

Archived