Han Hao Lin as Luo Xiaojun
Yu Yue as Xiao Teng
Fei Li Qi as Li Lei
Ao Yang as Dong Zhigang
Deng Li Yuan (邓力源) as Xiang Yang
Ou Hao as Luo Liang
Xiong Rui Ling

Synopsis:

A story that follows a warm and gentle military medic and the 'ice mountain' military officer as they fulfill their duties and also find love.
 Was is being rescued from the bandits or was it from constantly seeing others under one roof? Love enters when you least expect it. Xia Chu is a surgeon whose experiences have allowed her to stay calm in the face of life and death situations. Liang Muze is a special military officer who has fought in many battlefields. He has closed off his heart due to painful memories from the past.
(Source: ChineseDrama.Info)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装
On 6/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, SC2019 said:

Hello! Is anyone watching this? I am at E14, hopefully someone else can join me on this thread.

How is it so far?  I am afraid I can't help but to compare it to DOTS when/if I start this lol

• Blob 1

7 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

How is it so far?  I am afraid I can't help but to compare it to DOTS when/if I start this lol

thank heavens you replied! I thought I was all alone on this thread. well, to be frank the first thought I had was "My dad is going to love this" because 1) It's like DOTS and 2) It's got a lot more action than You are my Hero (as the ML is really a jujitsu pro in real life and very brawny (he is so bulky compared with idol actors), also the scenes have a lot more fighting). When I watch a show, I tend to evaluate if it's something my dad will like, then I will recommend him to watch it. LOL

Character wise, to be frank, I don't like the looks of the ML, but he kinda grows on me, he's gruff on the outside, curt and feels very strongly about his stand of things. But he's smart, perceptive and he's got great ideals and values that he wants to protect. And by E11/12 I can tell he's subtly waiting for the FL to come around to realise her feelings for him. I like how he's doing little things for her (it's like a big teddy bear, sort of) and how he's protecting her in his own way. He's not running away from his own feelings, he doesn't have low self-esteem and think he's not good enough for her or that his job is too dangerous for her (at least not yet, anyway).

As for the FL, I wish she would be a lot less reactive and think first before blurting things out and exploding (I think her explosive tendencies are just the way her character is written. - so I'll bear with it.) . But she's got great work ethics, really cares about her patients and when she sets her mind to it, she really tries to find ways to solve her patient's medical conditions, despite only being a resident at the hospital. (I chanced upon a Chinese forum, and they don't think much of either characters (they were questioning if the characters are still valid in this day and age, so stereotypical, and insulting of audiences' intellect today?). Also, the comment is that the actress portraying the FL is over-acting, I suppose that's her style but I saw a BTS and the way she talks in real life is like that, so I think it's just her, very dynamic in person. The teenage love interest is a bit of an enigma, I am not sure if it's the acting/the directing/ the character but I can't quite tell if he really still has some affections for the FL or he's doing his job and trying to worm his way into her life.

But, there's a certain charm to the show and I can't help but wait for the next few episodes. Judging by the trailers, the usual suspects in the plot are going to follow:

Spoiler

The FL is going to be kidnapped (just like DOTS)

The ML is going to be severely injured (just like DOTS)

And of course they do end up together (just like DOTS)

I am wondering though what becomes of the 2nd ML, the teenage love interest and her best friend

Do let me know if you decide to watch. Marcus here (youtuber) says that this drama is quite hot (but he didn't say if this was the sentiments among local China or online viewers, ok my bad I saw the previous episode of his commentary and it's No4 on the Top 10 list, based on view counts on iQiyi, Youku and Tencent, social media discussions and Baidu searches)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SC2019 said:

thank heavens you replied! I thought I was all alone on this thread. well, to be frank the first thought I had was "My dad is going to love this" because 1) It's like DOTS and 2) It's got a lot more action than You are my Hero (as the ML is really a jujitsu pro in real life and very brawny (he is so bulky compared with idol actors), also the scenes have a lot more fighting). When I watch a show, I tend to evaluate if it's something my dad will like, then I will recommend him to watch it. LOL

Character wise, to be frank, I don't like the looks of the ML, but he kinda grows on me, he's gruff on the outside, curt and feels very strongly about his stand of things. But he's smart, perceptive and he's got great ideals and values that he wants to protect. And by E11/12 I can tell he's subtly waiting for the FL to come around to realise her feelings for him. I like how he's doing little things for her (it's like a big teddy bear, sort of) and how he's protecting her in his own way. He's not running away from his own feelings, he doesn't have low self-esteem and think he's not good enough for her or that his job is too dangerous for her (at least not yet, anyway).

As for the FL, I wish she would be a lot less reactive and think first before blurting things out and exploding (I think her explosive tendencies are just the way her character is written. - so I'll bear with it.) . But she's got great work ethics, really cares about her patients and when she sets her mind to it, she really tries to find ways to solve her patient's medical conditions, despite only being a resident at the hospital. (I chanced upon a Chinese forum, and they don't think much of either characters (they were questioning if the characters are still valid in this day and age, so stereotypical, and insulting of audiences' intellect today?). Also, the comment is that the actress portraying the FL is over-acting, I suppose that's her style but I saw a BTS and the way she talks in real life is like that, so I think it's just her, very dynamic in person. The teenage love interest is a bit of an enigma, I am not sure if it's the acting/the directing/ the character but I can't quite tell if he really still has some affections for the FL or he's doing his job and trying to worm his way into her life.

But, there's a certain charm to the show and I can't help but wait for the next few episodes. Judging by the trailers, the usual suspects in the plot are going to follow:

Reveal hidden contents

The FL is going to be kidnapped (just like DOTS)

The ML is going to be severely injured (just like DOTS)

And of course they do end up together (just like DOTS)

I am wondering though what becomes of the 2nd ML, the teenage love interest and her best friend

Do let me know if you decide to watch. Marcus here (youtuber) says that this drama is quite hot (but he didn't say if this was the sentiments among local China or online viewers, ok my bad I saw the previous episode of his commentary and it's No4 on the Top 10 list, based on view counts on iQiyi, Youku and Tencent, social media discussions and Baidu searches)

thank you for such details!  I think i'll wait for all the episodes to come out and then marathon it lol

I really hope i can stop myself from comparing it to DOTS when I do start it haha!

• Like 1

I'm not watching the drama at all but I peek at viewcounts, this drama is doing very well despite its online reviews being on the negative side (cursory look on weibo, douban and bilibili). There are lot of people that don't look at those three sites, and don't mind the old tropes or over the top plot elements (that beginning that chased away half of its audience...) and plenty of hit dramas have mixed reviews. Aside from the complaints, I heard the action is very good, because the production team is known for filming this kind of dramas.

This drama's trajectory looks like it'll be pretty good. For an iqiyi exclusive, it'll likely end up second to My Heroic Husband, unless The Rebel do better. The Rebel is doing fine tv rating wise, but little below everyone's expectation in viewcount so far. The numbers for all platforms and stations have been all around abysmal this year to be honest, MHH the current view count king isn't even unanimously hit drama. (cnetizens have very high standards for hit drama, the last one people will reluctantly agreed to is Joy of Life, all the other dramas after have naysayers that argue this or that show it's not a hit)

@skibbies thanks for your input! I watched MHH too and liked how smart the ML was (the ending hints at a continuation and I heard somewhere that there are rumours of a season 2). As for this drama, you are right, the action is really good, all the more reason I am recommending it to my dad (LOL).

I saw that it's doing pretty well on a youtuber channel, and the commentor of that channel projects that it will be the top web drama this week or so. It's pretty entertaining on its own right and the ML and FL hold their own weight in terms of chemistry. I read on another forum of a spoiler (hint it's about the 2nd ML) and I am intrigued, can't wait for it to be revealed. I tried to watch the previews on iQiyi, the china site, but got geo-blocked and I am hoping the previews will be out soon on some other place - I think all the episodes' previews are already out! And there is a VVIP for 31-40, but I don't know when, fingers crossed I will be pleasantly surprised soon.

Hope there are other people watching this soon and joining this thread, so at least I've got someone to talk to about it :getmygrooveon:

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装

I love johnny huang and was looking forward to this drama, but ended up drop it in the middle :sweatingbullets:

I thought it would be like You Are My Hero but it's so different and what dropped me the most is FL character, a doctor who kept shouting and looked panic, especially since she's in surgery dept, that's how different and more realistic MiKa character in YAMH

So I guess not my cup of tea

On 7/9/2021 at 10:17 PM, rrongrrong said:

I love johnny huang and was looking forward to this drama, but ended up drop it in the middle :sweatingbullets:

I thought it would be like You Are My Hero but it's so different and what dropped me the most is FL character, a doctor who kept shouting and looked panic, especially since she's in surgery dept, that's how different and more realistic MiKa character in YAMH

So I guess not my cup of tea

Yah, the FL takes a bit of getting used to. On the upside, she's extremely passionate and determined once she sets her mind to something. JH is definitely the one to look out for and he personifies a soldier true and true. What I didn't like was the propaganda, those who have watched the ending know what I mean. Still, considering it's the 100 years CP celebrations, it's understandable, for dramas to convey such messages.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I started this series, I was watching Tears In Heaven (same FL as this series)....I got fed up waiting for new eps to come out, so I started this series.  I don't mind the FL, but her voice a bit high pitched....especially when she was constantly screaming the ML's name "Liang Mu Ze".  It got kinda annoying throughout the series.

I just finished the series last night.  I've seen both DOTS and You Are My Hero.  There is definitely more "action" (fighting) in this series.  It wasn't just fighting bad guys, but also lots of action from their drill training/simulations.   I like this plot better than the other two.  DOTS still my favorite though - because of Song Joong Ki   :heart:.   I like these types of series - police and doctor/army and doctor.  Sandra Ma from You Are My Hero played a stronger Doctor Role in my opinion. 

The FL liked to go over and beyond to help her patients, but there were times were she was stepping over boundaries....not sure how that would fly in real life hospital especially when there are ethics to follow.  I

On 6/9/2021 at 6:16 PM, SC2019 said:

I agree with SC2019 - I didn't really like his looks initially - acted too cool and a bit arrogant.....but he grew on me as well! He's super calm when it comes to helping the FL but a hot head when Zhuo Ren pushes his buttons.

I thought they did a good job with the casting.  The ML and FL have good chemistry. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
21 hours ago, nath FG said:

Bonjour comment avoir les liens pour ce drama s'il vous plait ? Merci beaucoup !

vous pouvez le regarder sur iqiyi ou iq.com (you can watch it officially on iQiyi or iq.com)