[Drama 2020] Rugal, 루갈

larus

Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Sung Woong’s Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Rugal” Reveals Intense Posters

Drama Preview   Jan 29, 2020   by C. Hong

Upcoming OCN drama “Rugal” has shared a look at its new posters!

“Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller about Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk), an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. He is targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos and loses his beloved wife and both his eyes. He is given new artificial eyes by Rugal, an organization that builds “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos and its head villain, Hwang Deuk Goo (Park Sung Woong).

The main poster highlights the central conflict between Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong, with their faces juxtaposed side by side. Park Sung Woong is lit in an eerie red, emphasizing his villainous character, while Choi Jin Hyuk’s focal point is his bionic eye. The caption reads, “The moment he took everything away, I was reborn.”

dACC4L5.jpg

QKC5xsW.jpg

RsBWx3U.jpg

Behind-the-scenes stills released last week also show the moment Choi Jin Hyuk receives his artificial eyes and Park Sung Woong toying with the mask that his henchmen wear.
Spoiler

109ibku.jpg

LKyB1Qy.jpg

egdf6TO.jpg

f9U6Go2.jpg

“Rugal” premieres on March 16 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here

https://www.soompi.com/article/1380095wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-sung-woongs-upcoming-sci-fi-drama-rugal-reveals-intense-posters

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@booha

CJH look really good. I like his hairdo as Kang alot. It's *chef's kiss*. The promo pictures looks neat. I'm excited to see CJH & PSW butt heads like a cat & mouse. My only gripe about the outfits as I mentioned in a previous post is the mask. It'd been nice if the mask had a hard structure-face plate to make it appear stylistic/edgier & durable in design instead of it being simple clothe.

I'm excited to see more promo pics and trailer, especially for Team Rugal! I hope they make PSW as Hwang DG stylish in appearance within the show too because in the webtoon hes always been a tad flamboyant in nature to me. 

22 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@booha

CJH look really good. I like his hairdo as Kang alot. It's *chef's kiss*. The promo pictures looks neat. I'm excited to see CJH & PSW butt heads like a cat & mouse. My only gripe about the outfits as I mentioned in a previous post is the mask. It'd been nice if the mask had a hard structure-face plate to make it appear stylistic/edgier & durable in design instead of it being simple clothe.

I'm excited to see more promo pics and trailer, especially for Team Rugal! I hope they make PSW as Hwang DG stylish in appearance within the show too because in the webtoon hes always been a tad flamboyant in nature to me. 

Today OCN released the poster BTS.  I noticed the Argo team seemed like they were wearing a hard type of mask.   Also you mentioned that DG(PSW) in the webtoon had a flamboyant flair.  I wonder if they put something of his flair in the Argo mask design?   I went back to look at DG’s mask in the preview.  Though DG appears in a formal suit, maybe his character can be something like Batman’s Joker, flamboyantly psycho??  haha

Sorry to say I’m not very good at talking about drama but I always enjoy reading it.  Since Rugal is from the webtoon, it would be fun to see how the writer(&PD) reimagines/repackages for the drama.  Hopefully we will have more people especially who know about the webtoon version and give fun discussions or  good loud rants, if the drama goes south.
Always appreciate about your sharing on those webtoon characters, big and small. I could hardly wait to see them on screen albeit some might not be the same.    

@booha

Yes, in the webtoon, Argos members wore mask to hide their faces. They also had Argos' insignia tattooed on their body. HDG is a wild goose lol. Hes pretty aggressive in nature & his appearance in the webtoon is more outlandish/loud. He has scars on his face & has white hair. Yes, he dresses similar/along the lines of what joker or the riddler would wear. Not too colorful, but not clean looking like PSW in the still promo above. He also has a younger brother in the webtoon, who's equally an a$$. In the drama, PSW as HDG looks super tamed lol. 

Thanks for all the current updates for the show. I love discussions about drama I am watching or plan to watch & reading people's post. It's very insightful. The drama will definitely be different, which is fine since there will be two different medium to enjoy. I'm trying not to have high expectation & hopefully the overall production is good. I like how everyone looks so far in the show, although it is drastically different from the webtoon. CJH as Kang looks pretty much the closest to the webtoon character compare to all the cast members. 

January 30 2020

Three teaser posters for OCN drama series “Rugal”

Rugal-tp1SM111.jpg

Here’s three teaser posters for OCN drama series “Rugal” starring Choi Jin-Hyuk and Park Sung-Woong. The tease posters consists of Choi Jin-Hyuk as Kang Ki-Beom, a second teaser poster with both Choi Jin-Hyuk as Kang Ki-Beom and Park Sung-Woong as Hwang Deuk-Koo, and a third teaser poster of Park Sung-Woong as Hwang Deuk-Koo. Captions on the first two teaser posters states in Korean “At the exact moment that a man took everything from me, I was reborn.”

“Rugal” first airs March 16, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/three-teaser-posters-for-ocn-drama-series-rugal

Team Rugal Leader Taewoong! I like the team Rugal title on the ground. It's their personal gym. Its sparring time! Just like in the webtoon between Taewoong vs. Kang. CDH has a very lean/great built here B)

I'm not sure how different Taewoong will be in the drama but in the webtoon, he's bald lol. Personality trait is he is quite reserve, not too stoic, but is level-headed. A rational person, but he's not cold either who looks out for his team members. He's the 'talk when necessary' kind of character. TW is really different from Kang, both in appearance & personality. Kang is much more vocal in speech & let his emotions dictate his actions. TW doesnt have a huge physical presence in the webcomics from what I read so far(ep.62 out of 94) but he is a key player to the overall story in the webtoon. Hopefully he has more physical presence on the show. CDH has a great physicality when he plays roles that requires action so I'm excited to see how he portrays TW.

@greenwatch08

After reading your description of webtoon Kang and HDG, I’m looking forward seeing them on the screen.  Hopefully the next preview will reveal them in action. I’m curious how the writer/PD have adopted them for the drama.
So the Rugal has own training place to show how they bond with each other with jab jab.  haha  Wow CDH looks good. Well built for the team leader.    Hope to see a good chemistry among the Rugal team members since there will be no love line.

** two more support trucks.  There are a lot of support trucks before the drama starts.  They must be filming seriously.

for Kang Sanghoon PD

for PSW

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Picks Out His Weapon Of Choice In Teaser For New Sci-Fi OCN Drama “Rugal”

Feb 4, 2020
by S. Cho
89fc827e6d664c168d221d2eb3044f56.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming sci-fi action drama “Rugal” has released a new teaser!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder.

After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

On February 3, OCN uploaded a new clip of Choi Jin Hyuk using his special eye in order to scan a table of weapons. He picks out a small gun and says, “Bad guys? It’s only right to catch everyone in sight, individually.” He begins elaborately experimenting with all the different weapons, while his team members question, “Will this be alright?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381163wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-picks-out-his-weapon-of-choice-in-teaser-for-new-sci-fi-ocn-drama-rugal

Watch: Park Sung Woong Is A Formidable Villain In Upcoming OCN Drama With Choi Jin Hyuk

Feb 5, 2020
by R. Jun

798da5f98c754efc9cf8ef87ec46eebf.jpeg?s=

Upcoming OCN sci-fi action drama “Rugal” has revealed a new teaser of Park Sung Woong.

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” stars Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder. After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

The new trailer introduces Park Sung Woong as Hwang Deuk Gu, the formidable leader of the criminal organization Argos who begins to take interest when Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk) enters the picture. Walking among masked members of the organization, Hwang Deuk Gu narrates, “You can’t do a thing with just rage. Welcome to my world.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381202wpp/watch-park-sung-woong-is-a-formidable-villain-in-upcoming-ocn-drama-with-choi-jin-hyuk

February 5 2020

Two new teaser trailers for OCN drama series “Rugal”

Rugal-teaser2SM111.jpg

Two new teaser trailers added for OCN drama series “Rugal” starring Choi Jin-Hyuk and Park Sung-Woong. Teaser trailer #2 features Choi Jin-Hyuk as Kang Ki-Beom. Choi Jin-Hyuk’s voice appears and he states “Bad Guy? Whenever I see them, I catch them.” Teaser trailer #3 features Park Sung-Woong as Hwang Deuk-Koo. He narrates with “You can not do anything with just anger.”

“Rugal” first airs March 16, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/two-new-teaser-trailers-for-ocn-drama-series-rugal

@booha

Judging from the teasers, it seems that the drama will focus on Kang & his path to destroy HDG. I think HDG will have a more significant appearance in the drama. In the webtoon, HDG isnt the only leader of Argos. There are other leaders because rank status. 

In the webtoon, yes there is no romance. Kang is a married with a kid but once he becomes apart of Rugal, he has a mutual/platonic relationship with Mina who admires/respects him, who is portrayed by Jung Hye In. I'd say shes the Rugal team member Kang is close with because she is appointed by Taewoong to help Kang familiarize with his new enhance body/identity once he becomes apart of Rugal early on. I'm not sure how different it will be on the show, but I hope the dynamic between Kang & Mina is still shown in the drama just like the webtoon. They previously both worked in the same police-department but not necessarily together before assuming an alter/alias in Rugal team. I'm really excited to see how the show will portray the chemistry between all the characters too! 

Another note, I just watched the character teaser and it's funny. I'm not sure what JHI as Mina said but is it along the lines of "Is this okay/alright?", which is referring to Kang? Taewoong leaves & Kwangcheol follows lol. 

@greenwatch08

I agree  The way OCN promotes makes it appear like KKB and HDG are the center of the struggle.  But a good writer can bring in those supporting characters (in condensed forms) without losing too much screen time as the drama has only 16 eps.  I want to see an action drama with well developed heroes and villains but it’s  more enjoyable when the supporting characters can add texture.  
I really like the scene of KKB.   You mentioned  Taewoong, the team leader who is rational and level-headed, and KKB, a bit uninhibited like one who punches and kicks before thinks/reasons.  TW as the team leader takes care his members and makes sure of their wellbeing.  It means everybody has to follow his rules. No freelancing under his authority  It seems in the teaser KKB acts like an unhinged wildcard right??   So TW walks off steaming??   haha  I like the way KKB goes gaga.:sweatingbullets::lol:

ocn_original   [LUGAL] Main poster  vertical release

Fully released for the first time!
Human weapon 'Rugal' VS terrorist group 'Argos'
Overwhelming Charisma Showdown
_
"When the tears dry, you become a monster."
Science Action Hero <Rugal>

March 16 first broadcast / Mon/Tu 10:50 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Z1weRnzQj/

vrreULo.jpg

cr to DC

ocn_original  [LUGAL] Main Poster Horizontal
Perfect looking horizontally!
The appearance of Korean action hero which we have never seen before.
#Legend Poster_Enjoy
-
"When the tears dry, you become a monster."
Science Action Hero <Rugal>
March 16 first broadcast / Mon/Tu 10:50 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Z3Gm4HpYP/

xqVAPd4.jpg

cr to DC

Action Sci-Fi Drama “Rugal” Starring Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Sung Woong Unveils Main Posters

Feb 11, 2020
by R. Jun

45f32115652e437c823bc6b16bb8a1f9.jpeg?s=

Upcoming OCN drama “Rugal” has revealed two new posters.

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” stars Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder. After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

In the new poster, we see the members of Rugal: Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk), a former violent crimes detective who is reborn a hero with artificial eyes; Han Tae Woong (Jo Dong Hyuk), a former member of Argos who joins Rugal after being equipped with an artificial arm; Song Mi Na (Jung Hye In), an all-around soldier with power and speed; Choi Geun Chul (Kim Min Sang), the leader of Rugal; and Lee Kwang Chul (Park Sun Ho), who has impenetrable artificial skin and organs.

The poster also features Hwang Deuk Gu (Park Sung Woong), the leader of Argos, and Choi Ye Won (Han Ji Wan), Hwang Deuk Gu’s future successor.

At Choi Jin Hyuk’s feet, the poster reads, “When the tears dry, [he] becomes a monster.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1382394wpp/action-sci-fi-drama-rugal-starring-choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-sung-woong-unveils-main-posters

Spoiler

rugal-poster-0.jpg

rugal-poster-1.jpg

Rugal team:  Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk),  Han Tae Woong (Jo Dong Hyuk),  Song Mi Na (Jung Hye In),   Lee Kwang Chul (Park Sun Ho),  Choi Geun Chul (Kim Min Sang)

Argos team: Hwang Deuk Gu (Park Sung Woong),  Choi Ye Won (Han Ji Wan)

Archived