[Drama 2020] Money Game, 머니게임

0ly40

Actor Cho Jae-ryong was cast in drama Money Game

PS20010900066.jpg

Cho Jae-ryong played the role of Cho Hee-bong, the head of the International Finance Department at the Ministry. Cho Hee-bong is a human and flexible figure who takes care of his colleagues by giving practical tips for Lee Hye-jun (Jun Eun-kyung) to adapt to the book.

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01259526625636080&mediaCodeNo=258

January 9 2020

Teaser trailer #3 for tvN drama series “Money Game”

Money_Game-teaser3SM1.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for tvN drama series “Money Game” starring Ko Soo, Shim Eun-Kyung, Lee Sung-Min, and Yoo Teo. Captions in the teaser trailer states in Korean (0:06) “South Korea’s biggest financial scandal,” (0:10) “Risking the nation’s destiny,” and (0:13) “Dangerous game begins.”

“Money Game” first airs January 15, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-tvn-drama-series-money-game

• Like 3

20 hours ago, larus said:

I am curious if this drama will have subtitles. I hope there is a site who will translate this drama. Viki, KOCOWA, OnDemandKorea, Netflix?

Did you heard something, @poochai ?

I've searched too, but still nothing. Hope at least Netflix will release subtitles. It will be really sad if there is no English subs. Let's wait and see :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Premiere Watch: Money Game

by stroopwafel

premwatch_moneygame1.jpg

Time slot: Wednesday & Thursday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Finance
Episode count: 16 episodes

Numbers don’t define a person’s worth, but numbers still have a huge impact on a person’s life and can seem to create very real limits. The very structure of society seems to be proof of this contradiction. How else do you explain a society where a person can work backbreaking hours everyday, yet still not have enough to afford a home? The three protagonists of the show, played by Go Soo, Shim Eun-kyung, and Lee Sung-min, are well aware of this contradiction and have hopes for a better world. But how to bring about a more just society is a matter of debate. Having faced the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis (which was called the IMF Crisis in Korea), Lee Sung-min believes true structural change can only happen by breaking the system. When a bank that the government holds a large stake in seems to be close to bankruptcy, Lee sees an opportunity where others see crisis. Go Soo is a talented economics mind and bureaucrat, and unlike Lee, he sees disaster in the bank’s possible collapse. While he works to forestall an event that could upend the nation, he may have an ally in Shim Eun-kyung. Though she’s from a humble background, she’s willing to bet a safe job in order to battle against Wall Street. The stakes are high and the fate of an entire nation hangs in the balance.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/premiere-watch-money-game/

• Like 4

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Money Game - 머니게임 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST

[Ratings] "Woman of 9.9 Billion" on a Roller Coaster Due to Competition

fullsizephoto1142960.jpg

"Woman of 9.9 Billion" is going up and down in viewership.

According to Nielsen Korea, the KBS 2TV drama "Woman of 9.9 Billion" rated 8.8% and 10.1% on the 15th.

This is an increased result compared to the previous episodes of 6.8% and 8.3%.

"Woman of 9.9 Billion" shows a decrease on Thursdays, when TV Chosun's "Mr. Trot" and SBS's "Maknam Square" are on air, and shows an increase on Wednesdays, when competition isn't so tough.

Meanwhile, SBS's "Because Lee Dong-wook Wants to Talk" rated 3.3% and 3.9%, while MBC's "Love With Flaws" rated 2.1% and 2.5%. TvN's "Money Game" premiered with a rating of 3.5%.

Cr: Hancinema

and few stills from today.

FJX2-DS2-GP8-QZB32151-WY-1024x0.jpg
E9-QC6-XZXSRSBZLF1-PZJW-1024x0.jpg

Spoiler

HQI1-L5-TI9-DI38-DWAPJUN-1024x0.jpg

cr: TVN

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Money Game, 머니게임 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST
"Love With Flaws" ended with 2.9%.

According to Nielsen Korea, the MBC drama "Love With Flaws" rated 2.3% and 2.9%.

This is 0.2% and 0.4% more than the previous episodes.

KBS 2TV's "Woman of 9.9 Billion" rated 7.1% and 8.1%, while SBS's "Maknam Square" rated 4.6%, 5.2% and 5.9%. Meanwhile, tvN's "Money Game" rated 2.0%.

cr: Hancinema

• Like 3

I watched the first two episodes. I liked it. I don`t understand all the technical dialogue but I have an idea what it is happening. That doesn`t lower my interest in this drama. I like the writer`s style. The acting is good as well.

I was thinking how other writer would have write the antagonist, Heo Jae. I was thinking that because I have in mind another upcoming drama that might begin with another murder made by a female antagonist this time. I `ll see how that will play out but I was satisfied with what I saw in Money Game

Heo Jae is a human with great ambition, who likes to take risks, he is reckless and doesn`t hesitate to bypass the law if necessary. He thinks he is right and has good intentions but the money game he plays could have serious repercussions on national economy. Professor Chae Byung-Hak did not trust his capacity to lead the finance ministry, he thought that he is too instable, imprevisible,  like a gambler and they were having different view on the free market. 

When he came after professor Chae that day what he expected him to do? To convince him that he should support him? They got angry at each other and in a moment of fury, Heo Jeo pushed him over the cliff. He was shocked, he run away desperately,  he checked the internet for news. He ate because of stress (I thought he will throw up after he finished eating), like he wanted to behave normally. He avoided the eyes of Professor Chae`s son like he felt some guilt. But he went to the dark side the moment he decided to run away from what he did. He wanted to not lose everything so he let the man die and he grabbed the new opportunity for him.

What he thought when Chae Yi Hun said to him what he told Professor Chae? He said to him his plan but even if Yi Hun had the same idea about the bank, he doesn`t share his methods.

The irony. His number one opponent is dead but in front of him, there is his son, who he is like his father and had the same ethics, solid conviction.

Without knowing , Yi Hun is doing what his father wanted: to not let Heo Jeo gaming with national economy. It will be a good battle.

I wonder why Yi Hun was not in a good relationship with his father. Maybe it is about his mother? Maybe we`ll find out later. Of course Yi Hun regrets that he wasn`t more close with his father. He won`t have another chance to be with him. When Yi Hun refused to have dinner with his father but he prefered to eat alone in a store.

I like Lee Hye-Joon. She is smart and confident. She doesn`t let anyone to put her down. It is obvious that she is good at her job but some people are looking down on her just because she graduated an obscure university. Heo Jae was right. She is a self made woman. She will show her talent even if the others are telling her to get in line or go with the flow.

Yi Hun and Hye Joon will work together to fight Heo Jae and his people. I am rooting for them.

• Like 5

On 1/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, larus said:

I watched the first two episodes. I liked it. I don`t understand all the technical dialogue but I have an idea what it is happening. That doesn`t lower my interest in this drama. I like the writer`s style. The acting is good as well.

I was thinking how other writer would have write the antagonist, Heo Jae. I was thinking that because I have in mind another upcoming drama that might begin with another murder made by a female antagonist this time. I `ll see how that will play out but I was satisfied with what I saw in Money Game

Heo Jae is a human with great ambition, who likes to take risks, he is reckless and doesn`t hesitate to bypass the law if necessary. He thinks he is right and has good intentions but the money game he plays could have serious repercussions on national economy. Professor Chae Byung-Hak did not trust his capacity to lead the finance ministry, he thought that he is too instable, imprevisible,  like a gambler and they were having different view on the free market. 

When he came after professor Chae that day what he expected him to do? To convince him that he should support him? They got angry at each other and in a moment of fury, Heo Jeo pushed him over the cliff. He was shocked, he run away desperately,  he checked the internet for news. He ate because of stress (I thought he will throw up after he finished eating), like he wanted to behave normally. He avoided the eyes of Professor Chae`s son like he felt some guilt. But he went to the dark side the moment he decided to run away from what he did. He wanted to not lose everything so he let the man die and he grabbed the new opportunity for him.

What he thought when Chae Yi Hun said to him what he told Professor Chae? He said to him his plan but even if Yi Hun had the same idea about the bank, he doesn`t share his methods.

The irony. His number one opponent is dead but in front of him, there is his son, who he is like his father and had the same ethics, solid conviction.

Without knowing , Yi Hun is doing what his father wanted: to not let Heo Jeo gaming with national economy. It will be a good battle.

I wonder why Yi Hun was not in a good relationship with his father. Maybe it is about his mother? Maybe we`ll find out later. Of course Yi Hun regrets that he wasn`t more close with his father. He won`t have another chance to be with him. When Yi Hun refused to have dinner with his father but he prefered to eat alone in a store.

I like Lee Hye-Joon. She is smart and confident. She doesn`t let anyone to put her down. It is obvious that she is good at her job but some people are looking down on her just because she graduated an obscure university. Heo Jae was right. She is a self made woman. She will show her talent even if the others are telling her to get in line or go with the flow.

Yi Hun and Hye Joon will work together to fight Heo Jae and his people. I am rooting for them.

Omg I loved the first two episodes too and so far everything is great. I loved Lee Hye - Joon, I completely understand her and how she feels because it's hard to show that you know your stuff when people around you are judging based off of your schooling or personality etc. She is a self-made woman. I kind of have a feeling her uncle might ask for money for his debt? I had a feeling the aunt might have already borrowed money from her? Maybe I'm wrong but I hope Yi Hun sees Hye-Joon's capability. I feel like their relationship might be a little similar to Hwang Simok and Han Yeo Jin from Secret Forest. I hope to see a little bit of sparks here and there later on in this show between the two. As for Heo Jae, he is similar to Chang Lee from Secret Forest, thinking he's doing the right but ultimately causing damage. But I am excited for this week's episodes. 

• Like 2

Money Game: Episode 1

MoneyGame-E0100053-copy.jpg

Korea is on the precipice of financial calamity, and a failing bank serves as a reminder of the turmoil caused by the IMF Crisis of the ’90s. Our protagonists remember that time all too well, and with one person obsessed with heralding in a new economic era, what will that mean for a nation and our heroes?

Note: This is a just first episode recap.

EPISODE 1: “Under Fire”

MoneyGame-E0100027-copy-1.jpgMoneyGame-E0100011-copy.jpg

Stuck in traffic, CHAE YI-HEON (Go Soo), Chief of Financial Policy at the Financial Services Commission (FSC), watches the news on the small screen on his dashboard. The report explains that after a government audit on a troubled bank, the National Policy Committee called a hearing where Yi-heon’s boss, Chairman Go Sang-ho is being questioned.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/money-game-episode-1/

• Like 1

After watched first episode I was sure this drama won't dissappoint me. I like the way they introduced the charachters. The "Stuck"in the traffic Chae Yi hun, who looks like stuck in life too. The silent and "invisible" for those smart asses with great universities behind their back, Lee Hye-joon. And Most of it I enjoyed Heo Jae. At first I decided he was a straight man. Disappointed in the past, but ready to work hard and stand up to everyone to ensure a better economic development in the country. But step by step he showed many layers of his character. Absolutely inconsistent, impulsive and vulnerable to anger. If there is something that i did not understand, then it is his attitude to the situation with the bank. At first he seemed to support the position of hon and was ready to cooperate, but after the incident with the professor, he completely changed. What I really can't wait to find out is which one is the real one Heo Jae.

Another thing I really want to know is whether professor Chae was really a caring person to his son and to korean economic or his true face was different. According the information in the beginnig, he was supportive to politicams and chaebols in the past, so his final fith with Heo Jae surprised me. 

Anyway, it is a drama I really enjoyed and can't wait to see what is coming.

And here few stills.

Spoiler

RSTF81-EP6-N8-CIGWSD568-1024x0.jpg
23-G1-QPA19-EEBUPBQPKO8-1024x0.jpg
716-ZHHUH38-MPTFZGEH5-B-1024x0.jpg
OX1-W6-PH9-W3-D3-GBWBB8-SB-1024x0.jpg
FPYKIIZPN9-IMLO225-SJQ-1024x0.jpg
JM4-GTU3-XT1-M8-VVBVA783-1024x0.jpg
Z8-O98-EXOSPV7-XCVEMGO5-1024x0.jpg
F7-LTH44-ZQV8-ABQOM9-MNB-1024x0.jpg
85-NY6-WVW2-XPII61-K5-K5-J-1024x0.jpg
2376-KRPY16-KJ6-WZPL7-IN-1024x0.jpg