[Drama 2020] Money Game, 머니게임

0ly40

It's really nice reading your guys' summaries of what you thought of Money Game's wrap up. Having this amount of open endings leave us to wrap things up ourselves. You could definitely tell that if MG were to be a successful drama, there could easily become a season 2 of it. Perhaps that's one thought the writer had when creating the ending. Personally, I'd be happy if it happened, but it definitely doesn't feel like a necessity. 

Props to all of the characters and the portrayal of them in MG. Most of the characters had true depth to them, it was enjoyable to see them succeed, crumble and evolve. Extra love from me goes to Shim Eun Kyung and her Lee Hye Joon. I remember back after she had finished Tomorrow Cantabile (her drama before this one), she felt a bit disappointed in her portrayal of her character there and insecure about jumping into another kdrama. Hye Joon is such a brilliant and strong woman, I'm happy Eun Kyung ssi was given the opportunity to portray her and doing so very well.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Money Game, 머니게임

Wednesday's and Thursday's will not be the same again for a while.

@juliaceasar If the ratings had been better I have no doubt we would have had a second season. Though the show managed to end satisfactorily enough.

In all fairness the biggest open point is the love triangle :D. I guess fan fiction will take care of that. I did not start this drama even expecting a love line and truth be told I almost did not want to carry on watching when I saw Eugene Han's character in the preview for episode 3 or 4 :ph34r:Boy am I glad I did not!!

At least the one question I had about why chief Jo never disclosed Prof. Cha's death was answered and the answer made sense, although it was despicable!

The breakout of the show was Yoo Teo and I am really happy that Shim Eun Kyung was able to show dramaland why she is such a great actress. Go Soo and Lee Sung Min gave no less than what we expected from them. The supporting cast were brilliant. 

I was quite impressed that the drama, even though it was pre-produced. It was well executed and and well written. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

In my critique of Money Game, I'm a decided outlier.  If I hadn't liked the first 14 episodes so much, I wouldn't have bothered airing my disappointment in the last two episodes. I've thought about the reason for my disappointment and the core of it was this:  The characters in episodes 1 through 14,  both the bad guys and the good guys,  were tough and edgy; so much so that it seemed as if episodes 15 & 16 had been written by a different author.  The characters did an abrupt about face,  turning from tough to soft; from edgy to mush. I had invested so much time in them that these role reversals was a real let down. 

• Insightful 1

@denny I think they just wanted to wrap up the drama. I still believe that this was probably written with a s2 in mind. I also felt that the bow was was tied too neatly with redemption all around. However, I am not that disappointed. There was closure and though I am sad the drama has ended, I felt we were given some insight into what would happen to each of the characters. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

IU Steps Down From Upcoming Drama With Ryu Jun Yeol; Chun Woo Hee To Replace Her

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 27, 2022
by E. Cha

IU will no longer be starring in the upcoming drama “Money Game” (literal title).

On May 27, Studio N officially announced that IU had left the cast of “Money Game” due to scheduling conflicts. The singer-actress had previously been confirmed for a star-studded lineup that includes Ryu Jun Yeol, Park Jung Min, Park Hae Joon, Bae Sung Woo, Lee Joo Young, Lee Yul Eum, and Moon Jung Hee.

With IU stepping down from her role, actress Chun Woo Hee will be joining the cast of “Money Game” as her replacement.

Based on Bae Jin Soo’s webtoons “Money Game” and “Pie Game,” the upcoming drama will tell the story of a high-stakes game in which eight participants are placed under extreme circumstances after being cut off from the rest of society. The contestants attempt to gather and hold onto as much money as possible before the game ends—which only happens when someone dies.

Filming for “Money Game” is currently scheduled to begin in mid-June.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1528170wpp/iu-steps-down-from-upcoming-drama-with-ryu-jun-yeol-chun-woo-hee-to-replace-her

May 27 2022

Chun Woo-Hee cast in drama “Money Game”

Money_Game-2022-TP011.jpeg

Chun Woo-Hee is cast for the lead female role in drama series “Money Game” co-starring Ryoo Joon-Yeol & Park Jung-Min. She replaces singer-actress IU, who had to drop out due to scheduling issues. Filming for the drama series is scheduled to begin in the middle of June, 2022. Drama series is based on webcomics “Money Game” and “Pi Game” by Bae Jin-Soo.

“Money Game” is expected to be released via an OTT platform, but exact details has not yet been announced.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: 8 people in need of money are invited to appear on reality variety show Money Game. The 8 people are to stay at the studio that consists of nothing but concrete walls. If they are able to hang in there for 100 days, they can divide the winning prize of 44.8 billion won equally. But, everything they spend for, including necessities like food, water, electricity, costs 1,000 times more than normal prices and are deducted from the winning prize.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/chun-woo-hee-cast-in-drama-money-game