[Drama 2020] Money Game, 머니게임

0ly40

Hi Chingus

I see this thread is sort quiet :unsure: 

I can imagine it is not everyone's cup of tea and I myself have only been a silent reader -_-

I must say, I found the first two episodes riveting, then felt there was a bit of drag inbetween. The last several episodes have been amazing though.

I have always been a fan of Shim Eun Kyung and I find her acting and her character fantastic. She seems to be almost fearless.

Chae Yi Hun's character comes across as weak at times, however he is, for now the moral compass. I would actually think, that like his father told him, he should have actually gone into teaching. I like his character and hope he remains this way.

I also like his relationship with Hye Joon. Not sure if there is something romantic in the horizon, but for now I am just enjoying them being open with each other and relying on each other.

Probably the most fascinating character is Eugene Han. From a business point of view he is cunning and opportunistic. Yet I just can't make him to be a villain.

Clearly the villain is Heo Jae. I still can't figure what he is trying to do. 

I just came across some BTS ( Clearly the person is fan of Eugene and Hye Joon)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Eugene Han is another "villain" in this drama, more than Heo Jae. JMO. But both are fascinating to watch. I can`t really blame Eugene Han to want to sell Korean bank. Heo Jae is sinking more and more (he is blakmailing his own friend now) trying to do the best for his country, or to undo what he himself has started.  I also like that the "good guys" are smart too.

I was sure that Heo Jae will have difficulties with Eugene the moment he thought that he will make a deal with him. He was blinded to succeed in his plan that he was even allow himself to belive that others could respect the deal they made. That was naive. As we saw, they are vultures, they have their own interests. I always thought that Heo Jae wanted something good for his country (not only for himself) but his plan was dangerous from the start. He could not controlled every variables. It is imposible.

What it is making me mad is the lack of decency of people like the assemblymen. What a ridiculous bunch of people they are. Instead of doing their job with responsibility, they are fighing because of their egoes. They don`t care about people at all. They just use them to be elected and then they are working only for their interests. I understood the frustration and disappointment of Yi Hun when he realised who is the assembleman. I am glad that he said to him those words. That man should be ashamed of himself.

And I am sorry for Hye-Joon`s family but her uncle should serve some time in jail. His compulsive behaviour is making his family suffer. I hope he will realise that he has to stop. I don`t think paying for his debt will solve anything. He will continue to make bad decissions and putting his family in more despair. If he won`t change, I hope Hye Joon`s aunt will divorce her husband.

• Like 4

@larus I agree with your thinking on Eugene Han, however the only reason I will, at least for now, put him a step above Heo Jae is because I don't think he has killed anyone yet. As I said that's what I think.

Heo Jae is too self-absorbed. He imagines himself to be a saviour of sorts and that's why I feel he lost control. 

As for the assemblyman, the bickering and pettiness is truly sad, but realistic too.

I like Hye Joon's aunt, mostly, but her uncle and cousin not really. That whole conversation between the cousin and Hye Joon about Hye Joon needing to help her uncle was just incredulous!! Also I remember in one of the earlier episodes, the Aunt and Cousin were sleeping on the bed and Hye Joon on the couch.

@Florens_stories Cant wait for Wednesday too :D

• Like 2

On 2/14/2020 at 4:53 PM, Florens_stories said:

after watching episodes 9 and 10 I was very curious about how Chae Yi Hoon felt towards Lee He Joon, I thought Yi Hoon was getting distracted when he found out that Eugene Han was interested in He Joon ... this drama would be even more exciting if there was a little romance between the three of them.

After last 4 episodes I think there is still a chance for a drop of romance ill the end. I really love the idea of Yi Hon and Hye Joon being together at the end, but still Eugene is so sweet... I am really not sure what to expect forward...

Here are new stills.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:16 PM, lexicon said:

I have always been a fan of Shim Eun Kyung and I find her acting and her character fantastic. She seems to be almost fearless.

Hi, dear! As the lonely selftalking person here, I was really happy to see more ppl are watching this, even though we all does not know enough for banking. I didn't know Shim Eun Kyung before but now I am impressed by her choice to do this character. Most actresses prefer feminine characters and characters who have action or sweet scenes. But it makes the average bureaucrat woman look impressive.

It's obvious who is my favorite character and i am pleased that he is the "moral compass". Hope he will keep it that way until the very end. Chae Yi Hun is divorsed and from some lines i understand he has very bad memories from his marriage, so may be he is more careful this time, but who knows...

And I am very excited about the triangle they both form with Eugene even if there is no romance line here. I remember the scene when Eugene looked secretly at HJ, while Yi Hun looked at Eugene... just love this scene!

• Like 3

On 2/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, Florens_stories said:

Hiii @lexicon 

thank you for sharing bts, it looks like they really enjoy the shooting process I totally agree with you that heo jae is the real villain because I am not willing eugene to be called a devious villain And I feel like I'm getting impatient waiting for Wednesday night 

@Florens_stories I am the one who said Eugene is the stylish evil man in the drama and i still call him "evil" in a good sense. He is villian in this story, but he is just doing his job. He is really cunnig, but I felt there is more for us to see. If he looks fearless or insensitive sometimes, it's because he felt hurt in the past, i am sure. The scene in which he tried to strangle HJ and then remembered his mother subjected to such violence .. reminded me a lot about Yohan, KoSu's character in the movie "white night". 

On 2/15/2020 at 7:54 PM, larus said:

I understood the frustration and disappointment of Yi Hun when he realised who is the assembleman. I am glad that he said to him those words. That man should be ashamed of himself.

Same with me and i was proud of him choosing to say the words we all wanted to say at this moment.  

• Like 2

I was almost about to pass up Money Game and boy am I glad I didn't. The drama got me hooked at the very first episode and although I can't claim I understand all the ins and outs of the  financial maneuverings, I get the gist and that's enough to hold my interest.  Plus, the characters are well developed and well acted.  Count me in for the next 6 episodes.

• Like 3

Hiii guys

I agree with you about egene han is indeed a stylish villain, in front of government officials and businessmen he is very annoying and does not care about others even to Shanon his colleague from the Bahamas he acted very insolent but he treated hye-jun very differently, maybe because he was reminded of the past in difficult times with his mother but the truth is, I really hope that Eugene han really likes hye joon as a woman.

• Like 1

Anyong cinggus...

after  watching ep 11 and 12, I was increasingly fond of eugene han:D:Dhe was willing to sacrifice himself to save hye joon from gunfire. which is very gentleman, but unfortunately hye joon still kept a distance and I did not expect more on hye joon for that moment off course she shock... hoping there will be another sweet moment of Eugene han in the four episodes left, at least to reduce the bad judgment hye joon has on him And about Yi Hoon, I really understand his feelings, when all is not according to expectations he must accept the fact that one person who is believed to have betrayed him ... must be very difficult even though he finally tried to accept that reality.

I think hye joon is  very wise to decide not to tell Heojay who the spy is, Shim Eung Kyung is really perfect for this role.

Guys it looks like waiting for Wednesday again will be another torture for me:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

This drama didn't really get the hype earlier but now, it's buzzing, especially on Twitter.

If you check the tags, you will be surprised to see different Fanarts, FMVs and tweets both by international & Korean Fans.

I have to say though, Eugene Han is the scene stealer. 

Whenever he's on screen, I never take my eyes off.

Kudos to the cast & Crew for a story well told for us the audience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me, I feel like the next 4 episodes are going to be too short to wrap everything. I really wish we would have a season 2. Though considering the ratings doubt they will.

We got some interesting insight into the YS - S. Korea - China relationship.

@Florens_stories Hye Joon was smart not to tell Heo Jae about the mole, though he clearly knows that she has found out who it is. The chemistry between Eugene and Hye Joon is undeniable, however I am glad she did not get seduced by his offer. 

I am really glad that Yi Hun trusted, even though it was painfull for him to admit, Hye Joon regarding who was leaking information.

I wonder why Yi Hun hates Eugene so much? Surely not because of his interest in Hye Joon?

I seriously do not understand how Heo Jae could actually go back to the place where he killed Prof. Chae and shed tears!! :crazy:

@mellinadear it's good know there is a buzz about this show. I certainly feel it has been underrated. 

Here are a few BTS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Money Game is seriously underappreciated. I think it's terrific with each episode even more exciting than the last. My take on the "chemistry" between Eugene and Hye Joon is that it has a danger vibe as opposed to a sexual vibe.  She perceives something mentally "off" about him and his mommy complex gets really turned on by her. I think that if she's interested in anyone, it's Yi Hun;  but I don't see any interest in her on his part other than protecting her as a woman and junior colleague. Of course, I reserve the right to be completely wrong!!! The macroeconomic twists and turns are a bit hard to follow but I console myself with the thought that I don't have to understand everything to generally follow the plot points. In short, I'm really looking forward to the final four episodes.

• Like 6

Expecting Wednesday has never been more difficult so far, so I took a few days off and watched the first 12 episodes of the drama again. After episode 11 and 12, I am completely in love with Eugene's attitude towards Hye Joon, but at the same time I continue to hope that Yi Hon will show more than a collegiate interest in her. (Because she definitely has an interest in him as a man).
It was obviously quite painful for Yi Hon to accept the betrayal of a loved one, but the news came from Hye Joon and I'm glad she trusted her.

Here are some stills.

• Like 1

I was just lurking around on youtube last night after having this late night withdrawal from recently finish drama. I came across this scene where Eugene Han meet Hye Joon for the first time.

That Eugene Han's intense stare to Hye Joon was a done deal! I was like :blink: OMG...WHAT JUST HAPPENED! :wub:

So now i am watching.....and of cuz  the ship has been sailed!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

New in this thread. Watched all 12 episode in 2 days. :thumbsup:

I'm a Shim Eun Kyung fan. I'm so glad she's back on drama though I was hoping to see him on a more fun drama as she is mostly doing heavy character these days now. She's more into movie while I'm a drama person. So I just had to pick up this drama anyways.

The economic aspect of the drama goes over my head but the it's interesting to see the fight between Good and Evil. So it's a nice watch.

ERr1eSRU0AAEBOy?format=jpg&name=small

Though it's a serious drama and supposed to be a No Romance Drama, it seems like viewers are more invested in romance because of charming bad guy Eugene Han. :lol: Well, it does look good and fun, bad boy and good girl fall in love..But the problem is that plot of the drama is serious, it's about right and wrong, it's about moral and ethics that is beneficial for greater good.

That's where Eugene and Hye Joon's principles clashes, Eugene is about gaining more money while Hye Joon is about putting money to its place. So as much as enjoyable it's to see them together, it's also is a bit difficult unless someone among them throws aside his/her belief.

On the other hand within this 12 episode I did not find many explicit romantic interest shown between Lee Hye Joon and Chae Yi Hun but they do seem to show interest in each other. While Hye Joon's interest in Yi  Hun's does not look romantic, it seems she kind of has a trust on him since the beginning though they never interacted with each other before that. I think it's because Hye Joon knows that Yi Hun and she has similar kind of belief regarding their professional duties. She kind of looked up to him since the beginning. She takes his advice of leaving out from crucial matters which says that she gives him much respect. It's not enough to say that she may have like him more than that.

ERjY2x-VUAA4EU9?format=jpg&name=360x360

Che Yi Hun on the other may have failed to notice his own adoration of Hye Joon. He definitely does not treat her like just a good Hoobae. He treats her with special interest and he probably thinks that it's because she's such a talented and sincere bureaucrat who takes her responsibility more than as a 9 to 5 job. He tries to comfort her on going to Police remand, makes a way so that she can cry out her frustration but do not have to cry alone. He goes extra mile to save her from suspension. Though it was Hye Joon's self decision to reveal the BIS analysis of the Bank, he asks her to dump all responsibility on himself, when she still doesn't listen, he came to save her anyways. And then of course Hye joon tries all the things she can to save him as well. Also there's that time when Yi Hun went to confront Eugene to not harm Hye Joon. Eugene was right. You do not just confront random dangerous guy at night so that they stays away from your colleague. He likes her as a woman but he does not know it yet(looks like more coming on ep 13. I saw this video of something about 7 am sunshine in a summer day. :wub: ). 

ERm_TXoU4AAY_FU?format=jpg&name=small

So far I saw both Yi hun and Hye Joon taking a step back when there's any confusion raised that makes another questioning the others motive. When Yi hun joins Hoe Jae, Hye Joon seemed upset but she still did not label him as a 'trash' thinking there might be something else in his mind hence the confrontation. When Yi Hun discovered Hye Joon in the foreign currency exchange rate setting room or something he didn't rush there to remove Hye Joon from doing such illegal act. We waited for her and was glad that believed her. These speaks louder to me. Their action is quite subtle but it still there.

Yugene seems to believe that Yi Hun likes Hye Joon, and Hye Joon may as well feels the same. When Hye joon told him to stay away from her, he asks if it's because there's someone around her indicating Yi Hun( Well Mr. Han, Yi Hun is not the reason yet but it might be because your interest in her is too sudden and too deep for her to sink in :tongue:). Yi Hun is also disturbed by the unusual interest Yugene shows towards Hye Joon. So fight between them is quite unavoidable.

I will probably wait for episode 14's subtitle to be out so I can watch two episode together.

• Like 2

I think Hye Joon is a little confused now after ep 14 on who she can like. Eugene Han is her twin flame and Yi Hun is her soulmate. But from what I see that Eugene and Hye Joon have better chemistry but I think at the end of ep 16 we might have Yi Hun actually ask Hye Joon for a date (hopefully) and that means that Eugene Han is mine officially :lol: Jokes apart, I have been really enjoying this show and totally gonna miss it unless we have a second season. 

• Like 4

New stills.

ANJBPBCAXXMLU129-OHWZ-1024x0.jpg

Spoiler

K2-IBRV86-G7-QMKY727-LT7-1024x0.jpg
ICQT4-XQHKDV11-IHDG89-T-1024x0.jpg

I still have to see episode 14, but after episode 13, it seems that Yi Hon has more special feelings for the "sunshine in the summer morning" :D Even though I can't imagine how everything will end in the last 3 episodes, I'm already really confused about Yi Hon's feelings for Eugene han and vice versa. These two don't hate each other so much for Hye Jun, but I don't think it's solely because of Eugene's attempt to overthrow the Korean economy too. I can't wait to see whose side Ho Jae will choose in the end and whether he will pay for Professor Chae's death. I hope a spark of love shines through in the final episode in favor of Yi Hon. Eugene, don't hate me :D everyone already loves you.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I can’t help LOL-ing watching EH and HJ’s scenes, i mean he told her his family story then asked her for dinner together and HJ blurted out i’m not your mother LOL,  also the scene when EH was confronted by HJ in his office regarding her uncle. I think his way of trying to get close to HJ could be interpreted as creepy and ridiculous but it could be sweet in another perspective and condition. :lol:

• Like 2