[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Storm Eye 暴风眼

Lynne

Ep 26 & 27 are better.  More progress.  The story is moving forward

Ep 27:

It is confirmed. An Jing's late father died in a Planned Accident.  Planned by LBQQ.  At that time he was still disguising  himself as Xu He - the old man.  Ma Shang breaks the discovery to An Jing and she went beserked for a while.

-  Elsewhere,  LBQQ together with Yang Xun wreaked havoc with Dinghua's shares.  

-  Pang Yi Shan asked Miao Fei to get his father to help.  But Miao Fei obviously has to refuse. 

After all her father is in NS's custody

-  Ep 27 concluded with a Suspense.  PYS managed to get help from someone.  He convened a Company Meeting to introduce this Benefactor.

I'm sure it is none other than LBQQ.  Now disguised as a Younger Entrepreneur.  I wonder if NS Team is smart enough to recognise Xu He - to see through his New Disguise.  Which is why I said, NS should have used the Sky Eye on him right from the start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Ep 26 & 27 are better.  More progress.  The story is moving forward

Ep 27:

It is confirmed. An Jing's late father died in a Planned Accident.  Planned by LBQQ.  At that time he was still disguising  himself as Xu He - the old man.  Ma Shang breaks the discovery to An Jing and she went beserked for a while.

-  Elsewhere,  LBQQ together with Yang Xun wreaked havoc with Dinghua's shares.  

-  Pang Yi Shan asked Miao Fei to get his father to help.  But Miao Fei obviously has to refuse. 

After all her father is in NS's custody

-  Ep 27 concluded with a Suspense.  PYS managed to get help from someone.  He convened a Company Meeting to introduce this Benefactor.

I'm sure it is none other than LBQQ.  Now disguised as a Younger Entrepreneur.  I wonder if NS Team is smart enough to recognise Xu He - to see through his New Disguise.  Which is why I said, NS should have used the Sky Eye on him right from the start.

How is Yang Xun able to wreak havoc with shares if he is not on staff any more? 

How did Dinghua ever operate....their files are open for theft and their shares ? seem to be too ? What is the senior staff being paid for if not to monitor attacks like this ? 

• Like 1

Just finished watched episode 21 & OMG I think I’ve just developed a crush on this new SEXY hired killer/spy Bian Fu! Boy is he well built & hottt :wub: LOL.

Sad to say but I wouldn’t even miss Zhou Lian presence from the show, her demise was like good riddance to bad rubbish. The only one who is really going to miss her is LBQQ. Can’t believe one little trap set by (the amateur) Miao Fei & she (the experienced spy) fell for it hook, line & sinker; running about like a headless chicken & even more so after panicking when she saw the hottt new spy.

To be honest I find Du-Meng character somewhat annoying. It’s tiring seeing him act like a puppy wagging his tail behind An-Jing & being a little too pushy for my liking. Due to his jealousy he always trying to find fault with Ma Shang. He probably felt sucker punched when he confirmed An-Jing was secretly sending money to his family as her mother was the one who made him suspect it first. At least in episode 20 An-Jing sugar coated it pleasantly enough not to offend him that she see’s him only as a friend/colleague.

I’m still unsure about who the sleeper is, I always try not to look at the “too obvious” ones & go for the “goody two shoes” so I’ll go with a wild guess and say Uncle Wang (there's something weird about him) or Dr. Zou Yu (he's a bit odd) or even Cheng Lei (I feel guilty for even choosing him). Off course I’m hoping I’m dead wrong, it’s just I like choosing the “roads less travelled” LOL.

Just my little observation but does the NS team really want their surveillance team to go unnoticed? I don’t understand why they always park their big a** high-tech van so near the area they are monitoring. It’s not exactly a vehicle that could fit in anywhere without drawing attention, smh.

Overall, it’s getting exciting now can’t wait for the subtitles to come out for ep 22-25 so I could know what’s going on.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jadore1 said:

How is Yang Xun able to wreak havoc with shares if he is not on staff any more? 

How did Dinghua ever operate....their files are open for theft and their shares ? seem to be too ? What is the senior staff being paid for if not to monitor attacks like this ? 

@jadore1  By spreading rumours: 1st) About their flawed medical products  2nd) That will shake public confidence in their products which in turn affect their "Shares"  3rd)  And of course BTS Yang Xun is contacting some past Biz Associates of Dinghua, to shake their confidence in Dinghua

Human Beings work on Herds Mentality.  We love "Rumours" and will follow the Majority's Lead.

8 hours ago, Shari said:

Just finished watched episode 21 & OMG I think I’ve just developed a crush on this new SEXY hired killer/spy Bian Fu! Boy is he well built & hottt :wub: LOL.

Can’t believe one little trap set by (the amateur) Miao Fei & she (the experienced spy) fell for it hook, line & sinker; running about like a headless chicken & even more so after panicking when she saw the hottt new spy.

Just my little observation but does the NS team really want their surveillance team to go unnoticed? I don’t understand why they always park their big a** high-tech van so near the area they are monitoring. It’s not exactly a vehicle that could fit in anywhere without drawing attention, smh.

Overall, it’s getting exciting now can’t wait for the subtitles to come out for ep 22-25 so I could know what’s going on.

@Shari  Just finished watched episode 21 & OMG I think I’ve just developed a crush on this new SEXY hired killer/spy Bian Fu! Boy is he well built & hottt :wub: LOL.

I know.  His Upper Body-Build   is like Arnold Schwarzenegger

Can’t believe one little trap set by (the amateur) Miao Fei & she (the experienced spy) fell for it hook, line & sinker; running about like a headless chicken & even more so after panicking when she saw the hottt new spy.

True.  A Professional, Cold-Blooded Spy panicking just bcos Miao Fei has uncovered her?<_<

But panicking on seeing Arnold Schwarzennegar is acceptable.  Bcos among their circle AS is known as A Terminator.  He is Bad News

I don’t understand why they always park their big a** high-tech van so near the area they are monitoring. It’s not exactly a vehicle that could fit in anywhere without drawing attention, smh.

I was having the same thoughts.  Only I didn't vocalise them out.  Any Amateur would have spotted it. If not at first.  The subsequent spottings will definitely arouse one's suspicions

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Storm Eye is back "trotting" again.  But the plot is fast picking up

Ep 28:

Just as I expected.  The New Investor is LBQQ.  He now calls himself Qiao Xi Chuan.  He has so many disguises: face, names.  I hope he remembers who he is.

At the meeting, he ask to share the R&D  benefits should he invest.  Pang Yi Shan & Prof Zou rejected that.

As usual, LBQQ later has a Private Meeting with PYS at a private club. And ask for more benefits.  PYS anxious for Capital Injections succumb to his request.

There are some warm moments between the 2 Leads

Mr Fu Da Yong refuse to fully cooperate with Yang Xun & LBQQ.  I cannot understand how FDY can simply trust Yang Xun with his daughter's application to study in USA.  For such an important matter, why can't he go thro a Proper and  Creditable Channel

EP 29:

Mr Fu Da Yong received a clip showing his daughter kidnapped.  So he has to cooperate with LBQQ.

Ma Shang's father delivers home-cooked dinner for him at his office but discovered that he seldom works late.  He tailed Ma Shang the next day.  Having had a brief stint with the Military before, he drove like a James Bond. 

(We usually hate to have our Parents visiting us at our office.  But on second thoughts, I think this is harmless as long as they do not make it a habit.  In today's world, it is good for our parents to be informed of our where-abouts - for our safety's sake.  As long as they are not too interfering)

So An Jing suggested to Chief Song to meet up with Ma Shang's father.  Time to let him know that Ma Shang is with NS and to seek his assistance for their investigations on Dinghua - especially on his friend Fu Da Yong.

@jadore1  I agree with you on President Lin.  She is like a Kindergarten Teacher, A Tennis Match Umpire.  For a President at the Top Of A Corporate Ladder, she does not have  Strong Leadership Qualities nor any Opinions of her own.  She only looks the part.  The rest is.............:ok:

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 5:27 AM, hush puppy said:

Acting-wise, everybody is doing fine.  The only problem is with the Pace.  Could be Faster and more Exciting.  But I guess they are saving it for the final phase.  After all, this is Commercial Espionage.  Not a Terrorists' Attack.  So it cannot  go Bruce Willis's way.

I don't mean bad acting. I just mean that Yang Mi is not giving any award-worthy performances.

@jadore1   @Shari

Ep 30 & 31:

Pang Yi Shan looks suspicious.  He lives a very Luxurious Life. His Wardrobe is so astonishing.  More splendid than a Female Wardrobe.  The vast array of clothes, shoes, accessories and luxury watches.

I think all along he knows what Miao Huan Yang (Fei Fei's father) is doing.  And he took the opportunity to do the same thing - but quietly without anybody knowing or finding out.  Extremely likely he is the Rogue Insider - Sleeper.  Maybe he is the Big Boss.  Boss to the European/ Jeffery.  Boss to the whole Commercial Espionage Operations. (I could be Wrong though)

PYS is probably  a Bigger Fish than LBQQ. 

So now PYS has openly confronted Miao Fei about his father.  And exposed the identity of LBQQ's (Xu He or Qiao Xi Chuan) company to both Miao Fei and Our Kindergarten Teacher.  Having done that, he hand in his Resignation to our Kindergarten Teacher. Saying he has done all he can.  Time to Flee.  A very Good Pretender

Meantime, An Jing let LBQQ knows that he is a suspect and will be called for questioning any time. But not arresting him.  Giving him space to manoevre. So that they can catch on to more.  But I think AS immediately move to "terminate" him. Just as what he did to Zhou Lian.  LBQQ is found to have commited suicide in his hotel room.

So 3 Deaths Already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never did like PYS from day one and the sleeper definitely needs one of the top positions. We knew that he was in cahoots with father ....wow LBQQ gone ..   don't you just love it when upper management screws up they resign...allo clean up your s... first.   @hush puppy this is down to 9 ep more 

• LOL 1

EP 33

@Shari  You are right!  Sleeper is Cheng Lei  - the Bespectacle, Quiet Boy.  He is in my suspect-list.  Bcos somehow I found him being too good to be True.  But I'm never really sure who is Sleeper.  So I kept quiet about it.    Pang Yi Shan is too obvious.  Heard that PYS has surrendered to NS.

@jadore1 @Shari 

NS managed to rescue  LBQQ.  Bcos NS managed to trace that He Ming & Entrepreneur Qiao Xi Chuan are the same person.  They went to arrest him at his hotel but saved him instead.  He is in a Coma now.  And AS was despatched to finish his job.  Not sure if he succeeded.  I'm pretty sure AS will die.

Elsewhere our 2 Main Leads had their Kiss.  But somehow I feel Nothing.  No Chemistry.  I don't know about you all.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

lol thank you @hush puppy I don't get it...does Cheng Lei have access to the parking lot, offices, keys ...I thought that he is under Dr Z therefore limited access to the top echelon ...and isn't he portrayed as younger , or is he the same age as ms and aj .  I guess when i get subs and watch it will make sense.  As for AS  a$$   lol i guess that scene with ms bleeding would be the gun fight in the coral .   I still think PSY is useless and and ...:wacko:

Am ep 21... i want the ML & FL to show affections ... sigh... 

New drama You are My Hero looks so damn good n i havent watched it... 

‐---

By ep22, im about to give up watching it by the seconds... ive read the recap until ep33 so far.. the expected kiss is finally there....

Woke up today to find Janice Wu's marriage and child...i say, congratulations Janice!

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Storm Eye 暴风眼
  • 1 month later...

Right! I'm happy for her because she talked about how difficult it became to get roles as soon as she turned into married. She said she became time and again rejected via administrators for roles for years after she got married and had a toddler as administrators failed to want to work with a married actress. You can watch the whole series on this page.

Edited by Mero Tv