[OFFICIAL] ♥Lee Dong Wook♥ Yoo In Na ♥ Pichi Couple/Ointment Couple

Yoo In Na

@YouwinJH :lol: you say you are not a shipper, but I think you are! Frankly, of late, there have been a handful of things that just makes me think he's trying to give us all major hints so that when he makes his announcement, people won't be so shocked. But I'm one of those delusional people. . . 

As for Pinggyego (Yoo Jae Suk's show on YouTube) -- I wouldn't read too much into his behavior in that video -- if you've watched all of them (I think he's appeared in five of them now), he's always a bit low key subdued. I think that because he's with his true friends (Se ho and Chang-Hee) you're seeing more of his true self -- he doesn't feel the pressure to be so funny. He's often said that he's pretty boring in his real life.

Anyway -- I saw this post on Insta a few weeks ago and I was like "are they not even trying to hide it anymore?" Anyone else see it? I'm going to paste it, but I never know if these work or not. . . 

욱동이 WOOKDONG (@wookdonglee_official) • Instagram photos and videos

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I need to sleep now but this video is a gem to me and I will explain it later once I get some sleep. There are only two voices you hear in it (even though he keeps mentioning his PR team) and he tries many times to get the woman to talk but she responds a few times (I haven't watched till the end yet). Her voice is also recognisable to me. And since it was recorded during the pandemic it is unlikely to be a room full of people. Again it's two people in a room doing a recording and the way they interact is so interesting. Feels like a boyfriend who's in the dog house and his girlfriend is punishing him. It's literally a battle of wills.

For the first task, he commands the person to clap. She does and it's clearly just one person clapping. Then she literally flings the bag at him...twice. And then one of his tasks is related to TYH. If it is who I think it is, I find their dynamic so interesting. And I think he was in the dog house because of ToTNT because a couple of times he made rather dismissive comments about it after reading fan comments. And I suspect he skipped many comments related to the show and perhaps about JBA. Again it might be my overactive imagination but there is a lot going on between him and the lady in this. I'm convinced it wasn't a staff member (her tone is too similar to Inna and she doesn't respond to all his questions the way I think a staff member would engage with him).

I love a good battle of wills. Anyway I should really get some sleep now

• Like 4

8 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

That's why I picked up on the voice. It sounded too dramatic and fitting for someone like Inna who does voice work. Someone else would have been less theatrical so it stood out to me. Plus until they showed the red haired woman (which I don't think is Inna btw because she was too exposed by the window and the voice was coming from the right of the person filming) I assumed there was only the woman filming there with him. Inna was sitting at the back row with him, which is why the shade was down I suspect and he was worried about people seeing inside because it was too bright

I also went back and watched the Jeju episode and there were many females around and it wasn't filmed as stealthily as this was. The female staffers walked in and out of frame many times and there were several overlapping female voices. The filming of the Vietnam video was a bit less open. And they usually blur out the staffers anyway when filming so I was kind of expecting the camera person to pan around the vehicle as he was speaking about who was travelling with him. That didn't happen for obvious reasons

As for the first restaurant, I think they got a private room because I could hear him and his crew and it didn't sound like there were other diners around. I also noticed how the camera angle changed so you could see less on his left. You can see an elbow at 18.31 mark - perhaps too delicate to be a male's and the place settings at the 18.55 mark showed two beers and a bowl on the side he was sitting (on his right). Plus when they were holding up their glasses to do cheers, a female hand came into the shot on the left (his right) with lightly coloured nails at the 20.16 mark. This compares to when they were filming in Jeju at the restaurant and a lady with dark hair was sitting next to him. She was more in the shot even though blurred out. Even on the Vietnam video, they blurred out the man sitting on his left but he was still visible

I watched the video again and there is a hand signalling to him at the 23.30 mark and he mumbles something, which confirms my suspicion she was sitting on the back row on his left. The person was even holding up a black camera presumably to take a photo at 23.34 mark. The way the person (whoever they're) scratched his arm was a bit too intimate to be a staff member. She even does a cute annyeong as he was waving. Not something a staff member would do imo. Again I find it suspect he doesn't engage with that person on camera much like he would if it was just a regular staff member. Doesn't make sense at all thinking about it rationally

Does anyone recognise the ring at the 23.30 mark? There are two rings actually. A small wedding band like ring on the smallest finger. Its too blurred for me to check out if it's the same lilac coloured nail varnish or not. The nails I saw at the restaurant is the same as the one she has in this photo (slide 2). And other photos I've seen suggest she likes pastel nail varnishes

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2PTxTrJY8C/?igsh=MWxudWRiaTF3d2tkdw==

I'm kind of a veteran at shipping and my observation skills level are scary at times. And I should clarify, it's not that I am bad at shipping but they end up breaking up for whatever reason or other. They're often couples no one expect but I have a radar for picking these things up. My concern is not that they're not together (I think they've been), it's the breakup part that I'm worried about. I really don't want that for them

As for secrecy and the risks involved, I think he's going to be busy this year. If they're together and they don't have other opportunities to travel like this because of their schedules, they got to do what they got to do. Fans be damned! It's ridiculous to me that a 42 year old man cannot date publicly. That's so messed up. And I'm not the type of fan who fantasises about the actors I like. I tend to start liking them because of their chemistry with an actress and obviously for their acting. So it's odd to me how people want their fave actors to be single

As for Inna being incognito, I suspect she arrived later, when he was filming at the gym or in the period between the room tour and his workout session. The thing is what was noticeable during the room tour is the absence of any luggage or personal belongings. It was safer to film it empty I suspect

Like I said, I'm trying not to ship but I have probs already fallen down the rabbit hole. Don't think I can be called objective anymore. What did worry me though before I saw this was another YouTube video he did with the actor who played Goblin and his comedian friends. He appeared too subdued and sad and it looked like his co-actor was being affectionate to cheer him up. He was also too blaise about the comedian who announced his wedding plans. Maybe it's his style of humour but to me he looked a bit less cheerful than his usual self. It worried me that things might not be OK with them. But this video gives me some hope since it's more recent - not being too hopeful because of my track record. I'd be in a better place next year I promise once his house building project is settled because I expect we would have something more concrete about his future plans. For now I don't want to jinx it but can't say I'm not hopeful

I try not delulu but this makes me excited actually, i can’t help to compare inna’s voice. Please i don’t want to be upset so i will try still calm down lol thank you and welcome to this forum for you and the other newcomer. Since i’m rarely in here i’m so happy to read your thought about pichi 🥰

https://imgur.com/a/rkajAoj

• Like 3
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, pichicouple said:

try not delulu but this makes me excited actually, i can’t help to compare inna’s voice

Wow the 2 voices sound really alike! It’s not common for a female to do this kind of tone with her voice is it, unless it’s something she’s used to doing or she practises such techniques for voice work which Inna often does.

Also Inna’s normal speaking voice is very distinctive, it’s very smooth, with a good fine pitch, almost lyrical. Many Korean actresses have voices that are low pitched or have a rough quality and can be pretty jarring. Even professional MCs don’t have good voices in k ent. Inna’s smooth soothing tone is very rare amongst K actresses in my opinion and it was this same sweet tone that I picked up a few times in the Vietnam video (in the car), namely the “Wah” and the “annyeong”.

3 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

need to sleep now but this video is a gem to me and I will explain it later once I get some sleep

Can’t wait to hear what else you have to share. We are lucky to have a veteran shipper in our midst and a successful one at that! I’m sorry your couples broke up though but still, you must have been so happy to be proven right. Which celeb couple do you think Pichi most resemble in terms of relationship vibes? Hyun Bin/Ye Jin? Rain/Tae Hee? 

About that hand in the car, I’m not sure it’s Inna’s, it could well be except it’s too fleeting to tell and the lighting could be bad, making the hand color darker. But that cute “annyeong” sounded like her. I agree a staff wouldn’t bother to utter annyeong simply because her boss (Wookie) was waving but a girlfriend would, because a bf’s business would be her business too. 

It’s exciting that our ship is alive again yay! 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

My concern is not that they're not together (I think they've been), it's the breakup part that I'm worried about. I really don't want that for them

I’m back again to pick up on a few points you made. I don’t think they have broken up, given how often he references peaches in relation to Wookdong as @AkiChan has also mentioned. I think it would not be a nice thing to be so peach crazy if they had broken up because it would make Inna feel bad. Peach is so closely associated with Pichi and he’s such a considerate person, he wouldn’t keep harping on peaches if they were no longer together. And his excessive wearing of purple during Bora Deborah was a huge giveaway to me too. 

16 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

Maybe it's his style of humour but to me he looked a bit less cheerful than his usual self

He is always like that when he appears on Pinggyeyo because they are all his close friends and he finds it a chore to keep appearing on the program and makes no bones about it lol. That’s the way he is, always a bit bored and blasé about things. 

He was on bubble 2 days ago and was very excited about his small dubbing role in Inside Out. He even took a screenshot of his name in the credits and told fans he felt proud and emotional in a way he does not feel when his name appears in dramas and other movies. I found this strange given that it was only dubbing and not a major role. I think he felt proud to be recognized as a voice actor like Inna and maybe she coached him a little so he felt that this recognition was partly for her too. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Thank you @pichicouple, the side by side comparison is pretty accurate. And like @Almondcroissant said it's not an easy sound to make or imitate. It is an Inna habit for sure. I love how embolden she was to do it. She's a well composed and articulate woman but there is also a playful side to her. And I can see why LDW is drawn to her. As a scorpio (not that I'm an expert in astrology or believe) and from experience I'm drawn to people that are enigmatic and can challenge me. That couple interview when they described the similarities between Jin Shim and Inna as being cute, sweet, sexy and smart (or something like) is spot on

To answer @Almondcroissantabout the couple they most resemble, I wouldn't know because those pairs have never been on my radar but I sense they'd be like Rain and Tae Hee - just from the way Rain gushes about his wife. The man is whipped and so is LDW. We caught glimpses from past interviews and interactions how whipped he is for Inna and, if given half the chance, my boy would do and say so much more. Not that he's not giving us plenty even when they're supposed to be discrete

Reading back on this forum, I saw people commenting that Inna was harder to read as far back as their Goblin days. I agree with this somewhat...but I think it was more that she was thrown in a loop by him rather than a lack of interest. She comes across as a strong, independent woman. Though graceful and poised she doesn't come across as a girly girl. So to see her giggly and playfully hitting him (I haven't looked into her interactions with other male costars to really judge if she acts like this in general) but if I could guess I would say her behaviour is atypical. I wouldn't say she was charmed by hin, because her scars from a previous relationship probably made her more guarded, but she was uber sensitive to his advances and defo knew he liked her. I mean the man practically had heart eyes around her during Goblin. It was damn obvious

If I was going to guess I think they started dating before filming TYH. The extra bit of playfulness and she was sometimes keening in some of the scenes - the scene after the blind date misunderstanding and she hugs him (just look at the expression and sounds she makes just before she hugs him). She literally was smelling him in that scene when they hugged at the observatory. Watch his expression during that scene. That man was pleased as a pidgeon. If those sounds / expression of bliss were faked then my girl is a damn good actress. I think she's pretty good but what we also saw was how Inna would act in a relationship. There is also the scene after he gifted her the necklace and said both were beautiful. My attempt at reading lips tells me she little said "Oppa Otoke" in a breathless kind of way and then looks down sheepish. Then look at his expression afternoon. It's what us Brits like to call chuffed to bits aka smug. The behind the scenes were great but the show itself had so many moments of them being themselves. For the bts, that bed scene where he was talking about "exercise". It was clearly a reference to the physical activities done on a bed. Pretty expensive joke for simple colleagues. Plus the bit where he'd pretending to air chop her neck. And even the bts of the notes scene and he way he guided her to the desk with hands on her shoulders (I think). A scorpio's love language is 80 per cent about sex. Rough play like this is characteristic of people in a physical relationship. Oh and I almost forgot that scene when he was supposed to be protecting her from paparazzi. The way he manhandled her into that bow is very telling. There is no doubt in my mind they'd been physical by the point when they were filming the show. I could go on but I have other things to say. Again, I can't help being scarily observant. I'd like to think it's a gift or wishful thinking perhaps

Oh before I forget @Almondcroissant I did think the complexion of the hand was darker than the one at the first restaurant holding the wine glass but in the end I went for logic. The hand scratched / pulled his arm / sleeve in a way I think is intimate. The blinds were down in that part of the vehicle. The Inna voice also originated from that side. Logically it is likely to be her. Unless someone on his team like to do Inna impressions for the heck of it.

Best to break this post in two. I'll address that vlive in the next post. Bearing in mind, I've gone into it blind. I've not watched a ton of his content to date nor do I have access to the knowledge that you as fan for over several years have. It is entirely based on my observation. Feel free to challenge so that I can learn.

That said I'm going on hibernation in the next 6 months and won't be in a position to respond here. So please post as soon as possible so that I can read what you say before I go offline on 1 July. For my sanity I need a break from the Internet. It's a shame that it's come at a time when I've found a rather interesting topic to discuss. Rest assured I'll be back, hopefully by that time there'd be some good news

• Like 3
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

I need to sleep now but this video is a gem to me and I will explain it later once I get some sleep. There are only two voices you hear in it (even though he keeps mentioning his PR team) and he tries many times to get the woman to talk but she responds a few times (I haven't watched till the end yet). Her voice is also recognisable to me. And since it was recorded during the pandemic it is unlikely to be a room full of people. Again it's two people in a room doing a recording and the way they interact is so interesting. Feels like a boyfriend who's in the dog house and his girlfriend is punishing him. It's literally a battle of wills.

For the first task, he commands the person to clap. She does and it's clearly just one person clapping. Then she literally flings the bag at him...twice. And then one of his tasks is related to TYH. If it is who I think it is, I find their dynamic so interesting. And I think he was in the dog house because of ToTNT because a couple of times he made rather dismissive comments about it after reading fan comments. And I suspect he skipped many comments related to the show and perhaps about JBA. Again it might be my overactive imagination but there is a lot going on between him and the lady in this. I'm convinced it wasn't a staff member (her tone is too similar to Inna and she doesn't respond to all his questions the way I think a staff member would engage with him).

I love a good battle of wills. Anyway I should really get some sleep now

Having watched the whole video I'm glad to see that I was right that he purposefully avoided questions about actors he's worked with. If this was done around the time of ToTNT I can imagine he must have been flooded with JBA shipper comments. I'm glad he addressed it and it was done for Inna's benefit (in my head). He was looking quite a bit off camera as he said it. It's starts around 1.51.20 mark. He was literally saying as gently as he could that people should cut it out. In my head, I'd like to imagine that this fandom wouldn't have flooded his vlive with shipper comments because TYH was a some years back while TotNT was more recent. He was most likely talking about other shippers. And he was also quite diplomatic in choosing his fave drama. He just went with the current one (TotNT) in a rather noncommittal way. There was even the bit at the start when someone asked him to act out Lee Yeon and he was dismissive there too saying it's just long hair with streaks in it (can't remember the reference now but I think it was when he was doing memes)

The beginning and ending of the vlive were very telling and then we had some nuggets in between. The way he said I love you at the end of the vlive reminded me of the online fan event they did for Jin Shim when she responded that she loved him too and then tried to make it about her fans. In my head, in the vlive it wasn't meant for his fans hence his awkward laughter that he'd said something so random. Plus it happened after he had chosen the hot dog meme as his favourite after grumbling that he didn't know why it was included in the first (again looking pointed off screen from 1.53.24 onwards) and how fun and flustering the vlive had been (with a hint of a smile). And the icing on the cake is for him to throw in jinshim in at the end to say his I love you is sincere. Lol he thought he was being smooth with it. 

He mentions his staff quite a lot. Are vlives different from other recordings? I'm used to his staff interacting with him even when filming. But here they were as quiet as a mouse - except for that lady and at some point I also heard another man. The only established facts I have are:

He likes pastel and solid colours. Inna seems to go for pastel nail polish. I just remembered how he spoke about cutting his nails on the Jan 2023 pinggyego (?) and my mind went to places it shouldn't have. Less marks and stuff but obviously it's because he's a clean freak 😝

Team leader is a woman (or so I had thought). From 28.15 onwards the voice that responded to his questions is a female voice. In my head it sounds like Inna (This is NOT a fact but an assumption and she gave him bits of the instruction at the 28.41 mark but her comments were rather sparse even though he was practically goading her to talk. She really sounded like Inna at 33.57 to 34.01 mark. I ask that you watch the whole segment with the bags. This was literally like a battle of wills between him and the lady. If other people were around, they should have also provided some input. This was clearly game for them and he remarked that whatever he chose he had to do what she wanted. The fact that it was food related also stands out. For some reason I'm thinking about lunch boxes because I guess it's the same type of creativity and effort that goes into the process).

Again it could just be me and the fact that I like power play so much that I see everything in that lens. And she defo bested him. His frustration was evident but in a rather loving way. The look and laugh at 35.10 35.15 totally screams I'm going to get back at you for this 😉. Plus he got a jinshimereu in there at the 39.04-5 mark

Sticking to the facts:

Team leader flings stuff at him (at 10.05 and he laughs and comments on it at 10.12). As comfortable as he is with his staff, this childish and playfulness screams girlfriend behaviour to me and his response is the kind of push and pull I expect from two people sharing an inside joke (he threw the bag back at the 30.28 mark). He used what I could only describe as his alpha voice (not necessarily the tone of voice but the way he said) when he commanded her to give some applause at 28.33 mark. And when the applause came, it was clearly from a single person. His staff likely came in and out of the room but I think the woman who was the only one to respond, laugh and clap stayed from the beginning to the end

The second pink bag is thrown at him at 40.17 mark and his response is like he's trying to hold in his words. No wonder he said in his ending message that the vlive flustered him. What I also know to be true from the IU / Inna interview from last year is that Inna is a planner. I need to rewatch to get a better read on her personality. But the whole lucky bag segment with the food and memes looks like something she had a hand in. It just screams like a prank on him

Another fact:

The first meme is related to TYH and he had the biggest smile / laugh even though he complained throughout. He called the law firm boss by the actor's name but not Inna. Plus when he he did it at 50.43, the lady (presumably) clapped for him in a childlike enthusiastic way and his fit of laughter and faux anger was so dorky and adorable. That was the only meme that was applauded and the lady off screen was rather tickled by his embarrassment

And then he got up to confront his staff at the 53.10 mark. This is totally suspect because up to that point we've only been hearing from this one lady. What the hell did he get up to do off camera and to whom? I did hear a rather manly cough as he was talking (in a rather mechanical way), which I presume means someone else was in the room. There was a man who spoke at the 1.02.32 mark who I think was also the one coughing earlier. There was a ladylike cough at the 56.24 mark - so far I have only deduced two other people in the room with him (a man and a woman) and then a CEO came later. Why was it only the woman that was vocal throughout if it's a room of people? I'm not even going to try to explain what he got up to do with his 'team' because I'd be venturing into the realm of pure imagination (much more than I already have). Back to the facts:

He ofc chose the comparative deprivation meme as the favorite one he had to do. I love his playful expression at the 1.53.23 mark and he seems to be addressing his comment to someone off screen

Other interesting tidbits which I'm sure you guys know more about than I do (and I want to end it here otherwise I'd be typing for hours):

He mentioned a phrase from IU concert at the 1.05.44 concert. Is it a popular phrase? Do you know if he's ever been to a IU concert before?

His obsession with being 1.87m. It's a very specific height and I know Inna's ex is that tall. But then he seemingly apologises to a staff member who was supposedly very short

He makes fun of his selca skills and looks off screen when laughing 1.29.21

He won't do the MBTI test because he doesn't want to be pigeon-holed, which is a fair point because labels are so restrictive

He watched a documentary about paraolympians and I think Inna has a film on this topic?

I didn't know he's a smokers or maybe he's quit?

I have to end it here to keep my promise to myself. I'll read your comments but sorry I won't be able to properly respond for a while. I've enjoyed contributing so far and hope for good news in the future

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@YouwinJH aww it's sad that you need to take a hiatus from the forum just when you were getting started! Nevertheless thank you for sharing your insights - they are so on point and many which i agree with. 

5 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

She's a well composed and articulate woman but there is also a playful side to her. And I can see why LDW is drawn to her.

She definitely is although with age she has mellowed more. But if you look back at her variety programs like Heroes, boy was she brazen and sassy. She def made Wookie sweat to win her over i always say. i agree they are like Rain/Tae Hee. Wookie is the type to worship the ground that his woman walks on. But once he won her over, and started to spoil her, she became more dependent on him and shy/demure with him and that was evident in the TYH drama chat where they sat on that too small sofa. 

I haven't looked into her interactions with other male costars to really judge if she acts like this in general) but if I could guess I would say her behaviour is atypical.

You're right on this. Her bts with her other male co stars are almost boring to watch lol. Wookie on the other hand is more free with his interactions with his other female co stars which leads to some problems amongst shippers, I would be the first to admit. My take is that he sees himself as a big brother/leader and needs to take care of everyone on set and being an actor, he is more touchy/feely in general. I will be happy to hear your take on this.

Also, he claims all the time (even shortly after TYH) that he is single and all he does when not working is to work out and go home, do house work and chill. Yet during his recent fan meet, when a fan told him to stay single, he clearly was troubled by it, and said that he was of the age to be married and that he would be happy if he were married. I hate that he is so conflicting sometimes. Were your other ships like that too? In that one party would say things that send mixed signals? i would also love to hear your take on that Suzy thing that lasted all of 4 months, during the filming of Life. That was seriously weird. He was whipped for Inna during Goblin, they got together before TYH. So what was this Suzy thing about in between, it always floors me. 

2 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

and my mind went to places it shouldn't have. Less marks and stuff but obviously it's because he's a clean freak

Gosh you're a hoot! I remember he was careful to emphasise that he borrowed a nail cutter from a male staff hehe. This was the Switzerland trip i remember - he claimed he went with 5 of his staff or something. It was this trip that we thought Inna had gone with him, as she was out of the country at about the same time. And she was just on IU's palette program and they talked about going to Switzerland, and Inna had a bit of a guilty or evasive look on her face at the time. 

If I was going to guess I think they started dating before filming TYH. The extra bit of playfulness and she was sometimes keening in some of the scenes -

They were the sweetest during filming. You're right, some scenes in TYH were so natural, it's like watching real lovers, I guess that's why we get the fuzzy wuzzies watching them. I squeal at their kiss scenes even though they are nowhere R rated. I agree that they were an item before they filmed TYH. There was another shipper on Weibo (Chinese site) who said the same thing. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

The beginning and ending of the vlive were very telling and then we had some nuggets in between. The way he said I love you at the end of the vlive reminded me of the online fan event they did for Jin Shim when she responded that she loved him too and then tried to make it about her fans. In my head, in the vlive it wasn't meant for his fans hence his awkward laughter that he'd said something so random. Plus it happened after he had chosen the hot dog meme as his favourite after grumbling that he didn't know why it was included in the first (again looking pointed off screen from 1.53.24 onwards) and how fun and flustering the vlive had been (with a hint of a smile). And the icing on the cake is for him to throw in jinshim in at the end to say his I love you is sincere. Lol he thought he was being smooth with it. 

He mentions his staff quite a lot. Are vlives different from other recordings? I'm used to his staff interacting with him even when filming. But here they were as quiet as a mouse - except for that lady and at some point I also heard another man. The only established facts I have are:

Yes i remember we spazzed quite a bit over his reaction to the TYH meme, the i love you at the end and use of jinshim. In fact, Pichi shippers have a running joke that the use of "jinshim" over the years is code word for Inna/Pichi. Just like it was in the drama. 

You need to see the other vlive where he was wearing the hanbok. He was made to do many Apeach memes and was clearly fed up (self conscious actually that people would connect it to Pichi, my take) and reached a point where he refused to do them lol. But the staff was not deterred and threw the ipad back at him. His squirming was so fun to watch lol. 

What I also know to be true from the IU / Inna interview from last year is that Inna is a planner. I need to rewatch to get a better read on her personality. But the whole lucky bag segment with the food and memes looks like something she had a hand in. It just screams like a prank on him

Indeed she is a planner. She is very meticulous in preparing for her roles. I seriously thought she was a good cook when she cooked up the huge delicious meal in Funding Together but it turns out she is only good with lots of practice. Her cooking for her team on Omniscient Interfering View last year (the variety which she appeared in with her manager) was so hilariously bad, no wonder Wookie says he does not cook and does not keep any condiments at home. They probably order food delivery all the time when at home. 

There was a man who spoke at the 1.02.32 mark who I think was also the one coughing earlier. There was a ladylike cough at the 56.24 mark - so far I have only deduced two other people in the room with him (a man and a woman) and then a CEO came late

I think there was one female staff organising the vlive (you can hear her voice occasionally) and there was a guy whom he gave his cup noodle to. And then the ceo came in at a later point. You have a point there - I think these people just came in and out of the room throughout the 2 hours but there was one constant visitor there.  I noticed he looked a lot to his left throughout the vlive as though communicating with someone there. And the part where he got up and went over to give someone a piece of his mind presumably? Like you, I think that was very suspicious. The romantic side of me thinks he went over to steal a kiss haha.

No wonder he said in his ending message that the vlive flustered him.

Very unusual comment from him. He's usually very self assured and confident in his vlives, in interactions with fans and with his staff. 

But the whole lucky bag segment with the food and memes looks like something she had a hand in. It just screams like a prank on him

Yes she has that side to her. You can see it in her videos with IU too. She def has a naughty side. And in the drama commentary for TYH she was teasing him too when she thanked the staff for keeping her warm during filming and he wanted her to give him credit for it. So cute. 

He mentioned a phrase from IU concert at the 1.05.44 concert. Is it a popular phrase? Do you know if he's ever been to a IU concert before?

Yes it has become an infamous phrase that is parodied everywhere. The original was in IU's concert when she she said she looked fat and a fan said out loud "who says you're fat". As an aside he recommends songs by kpop artists all the time to his fans but not once has he recommended an IU song. Which is odd given how famous she is. 

He watched a documentary about paraolympians and I think Inna has a film on this topic?

I didn't know he's a smokers or maybe he's quit?

Yes we were spazzing about this too because Inna's movie New Year Blues had a character who was a paraolympian. The coincidence and timing was quite uncanny. Not to mention he then did a movie called "Happy New Year" and made a song and dance about how badly he wanted to do the movie and took a pay cut for it. Just so he could do something similar as his love? And how he praised his co star Kang Ha Neul in the movie and we know Ha Neul did an audio book with Inna in Funding Together to raise funds and the project meant a lot to her. He does still smoke although we know Inna hates it. Perhaps it is one of the concessions she makes. She knows she can't change a man probably. She did tell her ex not to smoke and that relationship did not end well.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

@YouwinJH aww it's sad that you need to take a hiatus from the forum just when you were getting started! Nevertheless thank you for sharing your insights - they are so on point and many which i agree with. 

She definitely is although with age she has mellowed more. But if you look back at her variety programs like Heroes, boy was she brazen and sassy. She def made Wookie sweat to win her over i always say. i agree they are like Rain/Tae Hee. Wookie is the type to worship the ground that his woman walks on. But once he won her over, and started to spoil her, she became more dependent on him and shy/demure with him and that was evident in the TYH drama chat where they sat on that too small sofa. 

Exactly! I think she became softer as only a woman would be for the man she's with. She can be sassy, playful and soft all at once but only for him. As a Scorpio woman that's the side of me that's reserved for my partner only. He's the only one I can be vulnerable for. In other contexts, I'm quite prickly and standoffish. I know Inna is not a Scorpio, I'm just saying that LDW would be drawn to those qualities. You want someone who is on your same wavelength, can challenge you when needed but can also be softer when needed (a little submissive because sometime (haha most times) we just want to be alpha). He mentioned on one of his fanmeets I think that he wants someone he can have a conversation with. That is a biggie. Someone has to match my energy, drive or it cannot work. 

I notice LDW is sometimes in his head a lot (being deep) and has a tendency to be self-critical so it's good to have a partner he can be silly with and vulnerable with. And we are loyal to a fault like how some animals can mate for life

This is why I noticed their conversation on TYH centring on trust. They know that in their industry, it's super easy for fans to get carried away but all that matters in the end is they trust each other.

As you said, LDW is more outgoing and yes like a leader because I suspect that filmmaking is something he's passionate About. Not that Inna isn't but I think her focus is more on knowing the ins and outs of a character and getting the best out of a role. Equally, from the bts in TYH, they work together like a partnership in suggesting how things are done. That's another similarity / common interest they have. My point is that because LDW is more outgoing and comfortable on a set, his actions are on a larger scale. And yes he can be touchy-feely but I try not to read too much into it. Again he's quite similar to this actor called Shahrukh Khan in being very talkative and gallant to his female co-stars. Bar one rumour, he's pretty much known as completely devoted husband.

I also differentiate between banter - I think LDW in general is quite goofy and witty - and how physical he gets with Inna. You guys have probably watched his bts from other shows but I'm not sure he gets as physical with his other female colleagues as he does in those instances with Inna that I've mentioned unless I'm mistaken. Rough play, which is how I would describe it, is a different level of intimacy than simply being touchy-feely. The closest approximation from what I saw is the video of JBA choking him for instance - which I cannot read as anything but playfulness. The distinction here is that it was done to him versus him doing it to her

Another similar instance is with Jung Rye-won when he wanted her to give him some of her food (I'm assuming this is a scene from a movie they're in?) and they were pushing and shoving each other. But that also gave me a sibling vibe versus anything romantic. They only thing that did make me uncomfortable though is the filming of the beach scene in TotNT. There was this instance when it looked like he was rubbing her arm, which for me doesn't seem like something the director would have suggested and an action I would consider rather intimate. The kissing scenes did not phase me because they were clearly designed to be explicit. In fact I think the TYH kisses were strictly pg-13 because of Inna's influence. If LDW got his way, from the few bts I've seen, they wouldn't have been. I remember the rather funny bts of the alleyway kiss scene from Goblin and him saying they'd go back and forth and director can fix the angles. Plus TYH general was a sweet romance as opposed to a man wanting his lover for over 1000 years. Although that episode 15 kiss was something else. He defo got his way with that one. No wonder the camera had to pan out and what looked like the most intense bit. It did the same thing with the sofa kiss. So there is no doubt in my mind we would have had steamier kisses in TYH if they were needed

That said, he's human and I cannot rule out the possibility that feelings were stirred during ToTNT. He did spend 8 months with the cast and crew after all. What matters is he never acted on them given him and Inna are still together. I don't think they'd be if he'd stepped out of line. I don't read Inna as the type of person that would tolerate that. Not at all

As for Suzy, again I wouldn't know where to begin. I know next to nothing about that relationship and I'm not interested either. My guess is that since he was having a tough time because of Life perhaps it was a failed publicity stunt. As far as I know, his agency never confirmed anything and it was more from her side. Is that true? Again, I don't think Inna would have encouraged him let alone got involved with him if he was as fickle as this. Again, the whole trust conversation they had after his failed blind date comes to mind. But I also remember his words at the observatory, to paraphrase, that he was going to take his time (slowly) and for a very long time. And she had the shyest, happiest smile and then he got shy and looked away. And the way she was looking at him and him trying to avoid eye contact was very cute. We pretty much got a condensed version of their love story in that one line he said. We will never know how hard he worked to get her and he was pretty much promising to keep going for as long as possible. That's commitment!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

You need to see the other vlive where he was wearing the hanbok. He was made to do many Apeach memes and was clearly fed up (self conscious actually that people would connect it to Pichi, my take) and reached a point where he refused to do them lol. But the staff was not deterred and threw the ipad back at him. His squirming was so fun to watch lol. 

Oh I'm defo going to watch this

10 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

Also, he claims all the time (even shortly after TYH) that he is single and all he does when not working is to work out and go home, do house work and chill. Yet during his recent fan meet, when a fan told him to stay single, he clearly was troubled by it, and said that he was of the age to be married and that he would be happy if he were married. I hate that he is so conflicting sometimes. Were your other ships like that too? In that one party would say things that send mixed signals?

I would not read too much into it because it's a stock answer for all kdrama actors / actresses who are not married. I also think the fact that the variety shows he goes on with mostly his friends hosting and the fact that it constantly comes up is because they're teasing him to see if they ruffle his feathers. But he's so composed about the whole thing which for me is a sign he's very secure in his relationship and protective of it. However, when he wants to share he does. That's why it was not a coincidence that he went on and on about Switzerland even though he also went to Hong Kong and France. And I'm sure there were other instances he would have gifted Jae Suk especially if as he claimed it was a gift to him and his family (but they ended up eating it on the show hahaha). He must have seen the IU / Inna video and the fact that Switzerland came up. The entire section of the IU / Inna video was so random and suspicious. There are so many secluded, naturalist places in the world, why mention Switzerland at all? For instance, there is Mongolia which is much closer to home. And followed by her rather conspiratorial laughter and Inna trying to say as little as possible. Well played IU, well played ☺️

8 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

Indeed she is a planner. She is very meticulous in preparing for her roles. I seriously thought she was a good cook when she cooked up the huge delicious meal in Funding Together but it turns out she is only good with lots of practice. Her cooking for her team on Omniscient Interfering View last year (the variety which she appeared in with her manager) was so hilariously bad, no wonder Wookie says he does not cook and does not keep any condiments at home. They probably order food delivery all the time when at home. 

I actually think he does know how to cook. Didn't he do a part-time gig at a family member's restaurant when he was younger? For some reason, I seem him as a homely person and love what he said on that comedian lady's show about men doing the chores. It's my head canon that he knows how to cook. I also remember the scene in TYH where he made her toast and she made a joke about his cooking skills. That entire scene felt like ad-lib to me and ofc the cheek kiss was. I don't think she can't cook but she likes to do elaborate/ big things that require prep and planning, and probably executes them well enough. But again they're both busy bees they're not going to be spending the limited time together cooking

• Like 4

1 hour ago, YouwinJH said:

actually think he does know how to cook. Didn't he do a part-time gig at a family member's restaurant when he was younger? For

Oh yes he can cook. That’s why I was surprised when he said on vlive that he doesn’t cook at home and doesn’t keep ingredients at home as they just go to waste. But both being busy with work I guess there really is no time for that. 

1 hour ago, YouwinJH said:

would not read too much into it because it's a stock answer for all kdrama actors / actresses who are not married. I also think the fact that the variety shows he goes on with mostly his friends hosting and the fact that it constantly comes up is because they're teasing him to see if they ruffle his feathers. But he's so composed about the whole thing which for me is a sign he's very secure in his relationship and protective of it

It’s really nice to have a different perspective from you on this. Some shippers on this forum are quite resentful when he says such things, understandably so. So hopefully it helps the rest of us as well. 

Have you seen the video below at min 5:40? I love this so much, I love to see him squirm and the way he asked whose idea it was tells me he suspects Inna was behind it. I love how shy he got when he read the question, it shows how crazy he still is for her and the effect she has on him. But I also love that he decided to give an honest answer (choosing mango over strawberry when strawberry is her moniker), not one that would simply make her happy. Then he comforted her by saying that such balance game questions are meant to annoy people. They do have a very secure loving relationship for him to do that. 

I wish you could postpone your hiatus from social media! Still it was nice having you here with us, short though it may be. Like you say, hopefully there is good news when you rejoin us. Maybe when that enormous house of his is built, we will have our good news! 

• Like 5

Lol @Almondcroissant I think my hiatus is on pause at least for today.

I watched this making video of Goblin and the scene where Sunny picked the ring is so interesting (from 2.43 onwards) because there was another actress right there (I know her as the elder sister in My Liberation Notes) and the two were completely wrapped up in their own conversation. I even felt bad for her but it was comical

I love how softly they were speaking to each other at the 1.45 mark and that he moderated his voice to match hers. I like those quieter, more serious moments and did she call him pabo in the 5.52 mark. And at the cafe, his frustration that his efforts at looking suave ended up looking goofy. I think it actually makes him more endearing. And he was smiling into the kiss and smiling during it. The hot pack to his ears was also a sweet gesture at 9.19. The door way pushing and shoving at 9.40 - him initiating contact with her is always sweet

Ofc him asking for a kiss from 11.16 onwards and justifying it by saying it's in the script is one of the funniest things ever. I love how forward he is though and he doesn't mask his interest at all. Again why I don't get sad over him being touchy feely in other bts. Has he ever been as forward and direct as this since Goblin with other actresses? I'm guessing not. I saw a video that I'm desperately trying to find of him being pouty and whiny with Inna like the Christmas tree decorating moment when he was complaining about how they held hands. Someone literally compiled those moments and they're funny as hell because he's acting like a man-child. Again I don't expect he has acted like this with other actresses post Goblin

Also, do you know where I could find the subbed Goblin commentary video? I'd like to watch the whole thing as well

Randomly I was watching the episode he did with Lim Soojung and Yoo Jae Suk and I did get the impression she was crushing on him. I'm watching their Vogue Korea interview now and in one of the shots they're in black and he's meant to look at her adoringly at 3.41 mark. It was a de ja vu moment because it's exactly the same expression he had in the photoshoots he had with JBA when he had to carry her. It's not strong evidence I know but I truly think he is able to separate work from personal life. Fans concerned about touchy feely stuff with other actresses should stop worrying. It's really not that deep

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I am also sad that @YouwinJH won't be with us for six months! I've missed the discussion on this board and everyone's insights. It's been so fun for the last few days reading all the commentary.

I definitely agree with a lot of your observations. You are very insightful, for sure (almost as good as our @Almondcroissant who is our resident mastermind on this post!), especially since you haven't been on this ship for as long as some of us have.

Enjoy your hiatus (it's already the 1st, so you're not even reading this) and I seriously hope there will be some nice tidbits for the rest of us to enjoy in those six months!

I, for sure, will be re-watching a lot of old tape and now the TYH is back on RakuViki, re-watching that show, too! (I've always felt, from the first time that I watched that show) that like King the Land, much of the script was ad-libbed by the actors and that YIN and LDW were simply "acting" out their personal lives. It wasn't really acting so much as being themselves, giving everyone a glimpse into things that they face as a couple.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@YouwinJH just a quick short answer for now - you can find lots of Pichi videos and material including Goblin on IG under amazingyooinna’s account. She has it categorized by drama names / activities and all that. Later I’ll try to dig up some of the other videos you mentioned you wanted to watch. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@YouwinJH i finally have a bit of time to pick up on some of your comments.

On 7/1/2024 at 5:33 AM, YouwinJH said:

There are so many secluded, naturalist places in the world, why mention Switzerland at all?

True, beautiful as Switzerland is, it is a very specific type of beauty - mountains, gorgeous hills dotted with pretty houses and flowers. There was a Korean influencer who did mention that Koreans love to go to Switzerland though, although he didn't explain why. 

On 7/1/2024 at 4:20 AM, YouwinJH said:

But I also remember his words at the observatory, to paraphrase, that he was going to take his time (slowly) and for a very long time. And she had the shyest, happiest smile and then he got shy and looked away. And the way she was looking at him and him trying to avoid eye contact was very cute. We pretty much got a condensed version of their love story in that one line he said. We will never know how hard he worked to get her and he was pretty much promising to keep going for as long as possible. That's commitment!

This is such a lovely way of putting it. After 5 years, i would say he has pretty much kept his promise. The part you said about trust is true. I think in this industry trust is very important; there are temptations everywhere they turn. 

On 7/1/2024 at 9:25 AM, YouwinJH said:

Randomly I was watching the episode he did with Lim Soojung and Yoo Jae Suk and I did get the impression she was crushing on him. I'm watching their Vogue Korea interview now and in one of the shots they're in black and he's meant to look at her adoringly at 3.41 mark. It was a de ja vu moment because it's exactly the same expression he had in the photoshoots he had with JBA when he had to carry her. It's not strong evidence I know but I truly think he is able to separate work from personal life. Fans concerned about touchy feely stuff with other actresses should stop worrying. It's really not that deep

I saw on X just yesterday that Soojung still has the Wookdong sticker on her mobile phone lol. He has that devil may care charm that a lot of girls fall for. I know which expression you mean - someone here called it the saccharin look - the fake sweet smile he puts on when he's not feeling it but needs to pretend with the onscreen love interest. About separating work and personal life, he said in an interview some years back when someone was egging him about a kiss scene and how it felt, he dismissively said  "I had XX for lunch" . Even back in the early days, such scenes meant nothing to him. And it is tough work doing kiss scenes - he is always more interested in getting the angles right and making it look believable. 

On 7/1/2024 at 9:25 AM, YouwinJH said:

Also, do you know where I could find the subbed Goblin commentary video? I'd like to watch the whole thing as well

There are no known English subs for this. I have the one with chinese subs but it requires login.

Here are a few others but with chinese subs, for what it's worth:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1pS4y1o7jB?from=search&seid=13009161441677197714&spm_id_from=333.337.0.0

Tea room scene is cute:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Nv411v7d8?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0

This is a lovely compilation of their kakao drama chat and all their lovey dovey moments:

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4765877678309380/4765879859941115

You mentioned that you wish to watch Snowdrop. You should if you can get past the draggy hostage scenes but Inna was so refreshing in her role. Here is a snippet of our girl looking tough:

Video of his response when a fan told him to stay single:

Spoiler

Our boy looking jealous lol:

Our boy being a bit embarrassed about his purple scarf:

Sorry to bombard you, I'm not sure what you've seen and what you haven't so i just picked some that i think are interesting.

Edited by ferily
Maximum of 3 Tweets per post, please put any other Tweets in spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Lol @Almondcroissant and everyone else. You've reeled me back in so I'm going to delay my hibernation by a week. Hopefully I would have said all I want to and watch all I need to by the end of this week.

And thanks for recommending the AmazingYooInna account. I have been following the account since I became a YIN fan but didn't realise how much of a treasure trove it is

You gave me jealous LDW and I think I can best it with jealous Inna

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdbpsdKBibM/?igsh=MTNiODRlMzh2ajViYg==

You have no idea how much I loved seeing this. I had always thought and wanted to mention that Gong Yoo was actually closer probs to YIN ideal type and the way she responded to his compliments during the special recording suggested to me that she perhaps had a fondness for him. Could have developed into a crush if LDW hadn't called dibs from the start. GY did stand a chance but probs out of fondness for LDW didn't consider it

The reason why this video makes me so happy is because it's confirmation she developed a soft spot for LDW much sooner than I had thought. There is nothing like seeing someone charmed and responsive to a man who you thought was kind of sweet but goofy. Lol the side eye she gave them after opening her water bottle is sending me:evillaugh:

And here you can see it's KGE who did the heat pack to the ear thing first, which YIN then copied when they were filming their scenes as actress and police man. The taking care of him became her love language. The whole red ginseng bits on TYH I suspect is a Inna invention because a few episodes in and LDW was starting to sound congested (like he had a cold). And though I know little to nothing about red ginseng, I can't imagine it does anything for head injury and that was the episode (ep 6 I think) when she started giving him the sachets

Thank you KGE - I love her dynamic with LDW. I have got some other videos saved which I will comment on later. 

I went into another shipper space today and holy cow! I'm much saner than I thought

• Like 4

The reason why this video makes me so happy is because it's confirmation she developed a soft spot for LDW much sooner than I had thought. There is nothing like seeing someone charmed and responsive to a man who you thought was kind of sweet but goofy. Lol the side eye she gave them after opening her water bottle is sending me

Bless your heart! I did not notice the side eye before lol. So she wasn’t that immune to his charms as she led us to believe haha. And yes the hot pack to his neck in the last ep filming was her way of showing that whatever Eun Tak could do, she could too. She is very “female” in that sense with that streak of competition lol. Or her love language as you say. 

I like the goblin commentary and the wrap up party too. I get the sense they were very aware of each other, those undercurrents were electric haha. 

You've reeled me back in so I'm going to delay my hibernation by a week. Hopefully I would have said all I want to and watch all I need to by the end of this week.

Oh hurrah, we take what we can lol. Looking forward to more insights!

23 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

two were completely wrapped up in their own conversation. I even felt bad for her but it was comical

This is always a Pichi characteristic. Wrapped up in their own world to the exclusion of everyone else. They really have something special that not many couples have. The actress in TYH who played the prosecutor said the same thing in an interview - that Pichi was so into each other during filming that she felt left out. Still she and Inna have managed to be good friends till this day so I don’t suppose she minded too much. It must be something to witness their closeness and their magical chemistry.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Lol this couple is making me learn new skills. I had to create a Twitter account just so I can generate urls for the gifs I plan to make. Hahaha

I think this is the moment our Miss Inna started to catch some feels, and woohoo there is a genuine smile from LDW

I love to see art imitating life. Looks like Miss Inna borrowed her "imm" gesture from this little guy. I know it's a common way to boost morale but allow me to live in my delulu. She couldn't have just seen it the once to copy, must have also spent some time with Si An. That's the story and I'm sticking to it lol. On a truer note, anyone that kids love must be a pure and good soul

I'm focusing on Inna because we all know LDW is easier to read. To me, she appears softer towards him here (much more than earlier vids) and she already knows his interests and the tone is teasing. Everything is just soft

I think the caption speaks for itself

Spoiler

Lol I can't post gifs with sounds so here is the vid on IG. It's right at the end

https://www.instagram.com/p/Buf5UB6h7pH/?igsh=MWgxanRjcDU4aGR3eA==

From Inna's detective show, she mentioned being scammed and I suspected she was maybe trying to buy some limited edition trainers (sneakers) for someone special. It's the way she hesitated before revealing the item she wanted to buy. Plus I don't think products like that are typically for women (limited edition trainers is a male thing). It's easier to buy female trainers at a shoe store whereas collectible clothing items (I assume it is otherwise why not go through a store), apart from jewellery and handbags perhaps, are more commonly for men. I noticed LDW wears trainers a lot or am I mistaken?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8i0vZtNWqv/?igsh=MWJhNWJzOHM1Zmhleg==

Until tomorrow chingus!

Edited by ferily
Maximum of 3 Tweets per post, please put any other Tweets in spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 3

I had to create a Twitter account just so I can generate urls for the gifs I plan to make. Hahaha

Haha welcome to the club! A word of caution though - Pichi haters and hard core Wookie fans could get nasty. Some of them dislike Pichi shippers with a vengeance lol.

I however, look forward to seeing your Twitter posts haha. @cnyod has a long standing Pichi thread on Twitter with many gems there if you're interested.

And your first gif under "catching feels"- i agree! That little pleased smile from both of them was so genuine, it was written all over their faces and eyes, my heart stirred in this whole scene. 

From Inna's detective show, she mentioned being scammed and I suspected she was maybe trying to buy some limited edition trainers (sneakers) for someone special. It's the way she hesitated before revealing the item she wanted to buy.

Hmm you have a point there. She likes to go out on her own, to bookshops and all that - she could have easily bought sneakers from a physical store if they were for herself. Buying them for a guy is another matter altogether so online would be the way to go. She and Wookie would often wear Converse and we would spazz over it. He often wears Converse, Vans, Golden Goose, Nike. She dresses very simply in her downtime and i don't imagine she would go for collectible/limited edition items for herself. 

• Like 6