Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

4 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Even if SALT had given those private information to Dispatch, I don't think it's wrong. After all they had to clear his name. And about the evidences being fabricated, well it could be. But what about all those people who talked about his good personality. At most 5-7 person can be bought but we can see that even after the incident has cooled down people are still coming out and posting about his good behavior. It also doesn't change the fact that the woman was divorced by her husband only after 17 days for cheating. We can overall guess that even if those evidences were fabricated and Dispatch was paid by SALT, what the ex had said was not the complete truth and she was not the pitiful innocent person she was claiming to be. 

Most of the public are on his side now. As for the rest, I think it's fine as long as they are minor. Even BTS has haters so no matter how much proof there is or how much of a great person he is it won't matter he will still be hated.

I am not watching the recent episodes of 1N2D. I had started that show solely for KSH and now that he's no longer there I don't have any reason to watch it anymore no matter how much I love that show now. I don't know if he should return or not. He considers that show and it's members his family but they are still cutting him out while TVN is rerunning Catch The Ghost. I understand that they want to be cautious after the JJY mess but Seon Ho has already left that show and he's been proven innocent so at least they can air the episodes normally.

Some of you are worried that staying in a variety show for long might affect his career and his image. But I think it also depends on the actor. Lee Seungi is well known both as an actor and an entertainer. When Mouse was airing I think he was also filming Master In The House. But he was still praised for his performance as a psychopath. So if KSH can manage well I think he will do just fine. He has the potential and charms to be a good entertainer.

I share your views! I hope he could kinda become like LSG and excel in all 3 roles - acting variety singing!  Would love to see them become friends!  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cuteyabby said:

the power of seonhohadas are really amazing! been with gc also with fellows seonhohadas and its really helps me cope up from missing KSH. his been my happy pill since htccc and also 2d1n. still coping up with him not in 2d1n. :bawling: 

Me too... I feel sorry for the rest of the members but I couldnt bring myself to even finish watching part 2 of autumn contest now :( T_T

• Like 3

I want to translate a part of this article simply because it's so funny. The point of the article is that when it comes to KSH, there are now only feel-good stories in the media about him:

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202111032893H

"술담배 안 하고 키 크고 어깨 넓고 덩치 크고 하얗고 눈웃음치고 보조개 들어가고 연기 잘하고 성격 좋고 예의 바르고 여자친구 최선을 다해서 사랑해주고 예쁘게 말하고 이런 남자가 실존한다는 게 실화냐."

"He doesn't smoke or drink, he has broad shoulders, robust body, he smiles with his eyes, he has dimples, he is a good actor, he has a good personality, he is well-mannered, he gives his all when loving his girlfriend, and he speaks sweetly. That a man like this exists, is it reality?"

Ha ha. :lol:

I LOL'ed while reading this and my response was: "They forgot to say that he is also a good singer!"

I showed my husband and he said, "Hey, they're talking about me!" :lol:

--

Another article I read: a lot of people are praising him for being so well-mannered when dumping his GF both times. The general response seems to be, "If my partner cheated on me and lied to me, I would curse them out and cut them off! How can he be so nice to her?"

(And honestly? Same.)

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

9 hours ago, lilsakus said:

Me too... I feel sorry for the rest of the members but I couldnt bring myself to even finish watching part 2 of autumn contest now :( T_T

Same here, I haven't watched those 2 eps that they cut Seon Ho's parts, I love the members and want to support them but 2D1N won't feel the same without Seon Ho, I just can't watch it.

16 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

"He doesn't smoke or drink, he has broad shoulders, robust body, he smiles with his eyes, he has dimples, he acts well, he has a good personality, he is well-mannered, he gives his all when loving his girlfriend, and he speaks sweetly. That a man like this exists, is it reality?"

Ha ha. :lol:

I LOL'ed while reading this and my response was: "They forgot to say that he is also a good singer!"

I showed my husband and he said, "Hey, they're talking about me!" :lol:

Haha Seon Ho is indeed every girl's dream bf, who wouldn't fall for him, he is perfect :wub: . I showed my husband Seon Ho pics, too and he said "you like young men now huh?" He thought Seon Ho was born in 1990 or 1991. My husband was really surprised when I told him that Seon Ho was born in 1986, he looks indeed much younger than his age.

Seon Ho's IG reached 7,9 millions followers this morning. Seon Ho is not only recognized as a great actor, it is also his great personality that wins people's hearts. 

Have you guys seen this lovely and touching video? Seonhohadas are the best! I hope Seon Ho gets to see this and read fans' letters and messages everyday, best way to regain his strength!

• Like 10

I’m so sad. I read the Naver article where Moon Se Yoon indirectly referred to his departure by saying “there will be some changes but I promise I will repay you as much as the love you have received.”

Article

Well, that’s it. It’s time to close this chapter of his life. And as much as I want him back, I’d have to respect his choices from hereon. After experiencing what he did, he has every right for his choices to be respected and accepted by his fans even if that means we’ll see less of him in the future. 

• Sad 5

@quietwaters I always try to calm down and look at the bright side but I am really sad, too. 

The show which used to be Seon Ho’s happiest place, is no longer his anymore. I understand it was Seon Ho’s decision to withdraw from the show to protect everyone; I understand Seon Ho still needs time to heal, to avoid the spotlight for a while for the issue do die down before he can appear again; I understand Seon Ho doesn’t want unnescessary attention; I understand Seon Ho can not joke, laugh and be himself on TV again so soon… I understand all, but it still hurts like hell :tears:

How can they take away Seon Ho’s happiness so soon? The 6 brothers would have had a blast filming ep 100 together in Jeju island and we could still have our Seonshine dose every Sunday :tears:

Now I really need someone to blame, you guys know who?!?!?!?!?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Random (final?) thoughts on this issue:

1. Yes, it's true. No one ever really knows what celebrities are like behind closed doors. But we unwittingly got a too-close look at him. And what we see is... exactly what we saw. A nice person. Sensitive soul. Not calculating. Too sweet for his own good.

I don't want to think about this too much, because it's too sad, but aside from the hit to his career, this is just such a personal betrayal. Imagine that you loved someone and that person viciously destroys your life after the relationship ends. I don't know if I could ever get over something like that.

Also, I imagine that he is going to upset and sorry for a long time that his personal life has negatively affected his family/friends and all those many people he's worked with.

2. Look, we all imagined this, but none of us wanted to say what we really thought of this woman. And now that we know? Here I go:

Imagine that you had a very nice boyfriend who treated you well. Imagine that you lied to him and cheated on him until he finally got fed up and broke up with you. Imagine that as soon as he broke up with you, he was on TV every week playing Dreamboat Boyfriend and everyone fell in love with him. Imagine that this show became a big hit and your ex-boyfriend's star was rising so high that he was going to become a top star.

This would be... triggering. This all could have been hers to share with him. She probably feels like she lost a winning lottery ticket.

Obviously, it takes someone special to actually destroy your ex in such a surgically precise way. But she's like a character in "Penthouse" while the rest of us are living in "Hometown ChaChaCha."

Anyway, Girl, get some therapy and reevaluate your life. Figure out why your life is a makjang drama and fix it. That's my advice for you.

3. There are people complaining that this entire situation is anti-feminist. That a male actor's reputation is somewhat restored, but a female actress's (Seo Ye-Ji) reputation was destroyed and she has not recovered.

I'm not super-invested in her story so I don't know too much detail, but I do want to point out that whatever she's accused of, no one has refuted it. (Am I correct about this?) But almost everything KSH was accused of was proven false. That is the difference.

So this issue should not become a referendum of whether Korea is a sexist society or not.

4. These effin' youtubers.

Lee Jin-Ho. Reveals KSH's identity. Plays CYA's ex-husband's podcast. He single-handedly destroys reputations, then "resurrects" them later. He knew what this entire story was about from the beginning, but released elements of it adding somber commentary like he's shocked and appalled. He's playing with people's lives, literally. For clicks on his Youtube channel.

Seong Se-Jun. Called KSH's actions "offensive to all women. Female fans who support him lack common sense." He later deleted this video. No retraction, no apology.

These people are really irresponsible. And I apologize for sharing some of their views on here. However, I knew that you would understand that it was for information's sake, and also that you would interpret it with a balanced view. But I am sorry that I clicked on those videos and increased their viewer counts. (I'm also sorry that my youtube feed is now flooded with trash.)

--

Anyway, although I don't watch 2D1N, this was still painful and sad to see. So thanks to everyone for listening/reading to what I had to say. It really helped me work through it. I honestly never pay attention to celebrity scandals, but this one just felt... you know. Something was just off about this one.

It's over now. (please) Let's just all recover from this mess.

Happy (Romantic) Sunday to everyone!

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorry for my rant yesterday, I was so sad and frustrated thinking about 2D1N and Seon Ho. I was already prepared, but seeing the last crumbs of Seon Ho in the show broke my heart, he did not even get to have a proper closure after his contribution over the last 2 years. And it all happened because of that complete lie from a shameless exgf. 

7 hours ago, chickfactor said:

2. Imagine that you had a very nice boyfriend who treated you well. Imagine that you lied to him and cheated on him until he finally got fed up and broke up with you. Imagine that as soon as he broke up with you, he was on TV every week playing Dreamboat Boyfriend and everyone fell in love with him. Imagine that this show became a big hit and your ex-boyfriend's star was rising so high that he was going to become a top star.

This would be... triggering. This all could have been hers to share with him. She probably feels like she lost a winning lottery ticket.

I agree with your point on the woman's motivation to destroy Seon Ho. What a destructive person she is!

For normal people like us, if we couldn't hold on to the wonderful person we love because of OUR fault, we would feel deep regret, but probably will learn a lesson NOT to do that again so we can get another winning lottery ticket in the future. But this woman turned her regret into revenge, she took revenge on the person who tried his best to love and treasure her for over 1 year despite her constant lies, the person who she knew worked so hard to get where he was, who valued his acting career more than anything but even thought of giving it up because of her. Sometimes I wonder does she even think at all? Where is her logical thinking? Is she even humane? How can a 37-year-old woman with a career herself capable of doing something so horrible? It would make more sense if he was at fault, but the only evil minded is her. I hope she gets mental treatment soon, too, people like her should not be let go around so freely by herself to destroy others' lives anymore. This will be the last time I mention this woman, Karma will find her soon.

My only wish now is for this wonderful man to stay healthy, strong and learn to love himself more, he deserves the best :heart: 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I quote one of comment from below article:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1497350wpp/2-days-1-night-season-4-cast-briefly-refer-to-kim-seon-ho-leaving-the-show-in-message-for-100th-episode

This comment wrote by Sarah Chloe so my full credit for her as this is exactly what I feel when I read the above article.

I totally heartbroken when Moon Se Yoon only said there is a small change, seriously? Small change?? :tears:.

There is saying in Korean which is "어이가 없네". I believe this expression implies to this situation and towards our royal 2d1n brothers and team. A small change means changing your cloth colours, a small change means eating samgyupsal instead of bulgogi. A small change doesn't mean deleting your family, a small change doesn't mean stop talking about your brother, a small change doesn't mean ignoring your core.

This is the same team that Moon SeYoon said Kim Seon Ho is his best friend, This is the same team Kim Jong Min said he would trust him the most, this is the same team Seon Ho would buy Din Din his favorite birthday present. This is the same team Ravi sleeps and clings on him whenever he could.

Whenever this team wanted to promote their programme, schedules or songs they would mention Kim Seon Ho or Call/Video call him in a lot of their programmes. How many times he danced and sang to their music to promote them, how many times Ravi called him on his Radio show on Question Mark to increase the ratings? When they wanted to invite best friend special on Amazing Saturday, Moon SeYoon invited him to show off their chemistry and bond? When DinDin was having drinking special episode with Kyuhyun he wanted to call SeonHo to increase his ratings? When they were having new show about drinking and wine on the first episode DinDin and Yeon Jung-hoon mentioned SeonHo and called him to promote the show. In a lot of their interviews they mentioned him, either bragging about their friendship, brotherhood or answering questions, who is you best friend? Who do you trust the most? Who would let your sister marry to? Until now their answers was him. So that's why the expression "어이가 없네" implies.

This comment is not about Kim Seon Ho's private life, but it's about the so called brotherhood I watched for two years. So this is not a small change. This is the same person whoever knew him defended him, talked about their good memories and good behaviour, this is the same guy children posted his photo of him on their social media to defend his good nature. These brothers do not even have those kids' courtesy? No words? No expression? Nothing? This is actually sad and heart breaking. Problems aside, ratings aside, different perspective about the situation aside, just because of those years of love and brotherhood they could've ended it with more courtesy and respect. How ill mannered this is to call it a small change?

While I still believe they still quietly support him behind the scene, they should prepare a better speech to address this matter. KSH already contribute for almost 2 years for God sake, so this is not a small change. This is a huge change!!

I don't know what the future they have as I heard Ravi will enlist soon and cannot postpone it further. He need to enlist before his birthday in February so only couple months to go. 

2D1N will lost 2 member with biggest follower (KSH on road to 8m follower while Ravi at 1.7m follower). Do you think Ravi follower will keep continue watching this show after he enlist to military? I don't think so.

Currently I refuse to continue watch 2D1N and will repeat watching it from episode 1 until 94. Not even episode 95 as I aware they delete and mute him on episode 96.

I did watch this show since season 3, heartbroken due to the scandal back then. Start watch season 4 mainly because of my friend who suggest me to watch as she knows I do like KSH and slowly start to like the rest of the team. Without him there is an incomplete feeling similar when you try to cook a delicious food but forget to add salt on it :tears:.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

@egluvsnupii read that comment too, it’s been circulating twitter. I’m sure the times with his brothers/members are all real. Calling their relationship fake would be unfair to Kim Seon Ho and the other members just because they couldn’t speak about him or the lack of posts on social media. Their hands are tied and they are technically still under KBS. They have his number, they know where he lives. I don’t think they owe us anything just to justify their relationship. Anything they say will just be taken out of context when we all just want things to quiet down already. 

I’m angry at how the theme of 2d1n is about family and brotherhood, geared towards families on a Sunday yet they erased his existence and minimized it to a small change. We understand that he may not want to come back to the show at all but at least don’t erase his existence and let the other members keep mentioning him. That’s all we ever really want from them. Them skirting around the issue just is somehow insinuating that he did legal and criminal things when the only wrong thing that happened was his personal issues got in the way. That’s not even his fault that something that should have stayed private was aired out into the public 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quietwaters said:

I’m angry at how the theme of 2d1n is about family and brotherhood, geared towards families on a Sunday yet they erased his existence and minimized it to a small change. We understand that he may not want to come back to the show at all but at least don’t erase his existence and let the other members keep mentioning him. That’s all we ever really want from them. Them skirting around the issue just is somehow insinuating that he did legal and criminal things when the only wrong thing that happened was his personal issues got in the way. That’s not even his fault that something that should have stayed private was aired out into the public 

So do I and now KBS answer to more than 43k petition against the departure of #KimseonHo at 2D1D is: Kim Seon Ho will not return to 2D1N.

Well time to say goodbye to 2D1N, I have unsubscribe KBS World after read the latest news. 

I'm sure there is a "small changes" on their rating in the future. That's what they believe rite?

I'm not angry with the 5 member, I also not angry with the production, crew and staff of 2D1N and will support their individual project but I really angry with they way KBS handle this situation. 

And 100% agree with you @quietwaters they always talking about family, the show for family but look at how they treat one of their used to call "Family Member" They treat him like a trash, when he was on the top of the world every single post in KBS World Youtube channel using KSH thumbnail as a clickbait but when he  is at the bottom simply erase him and not mention him at all. 

They also ignore international fans as well, they forget from this show international audience can see how beautiful South Korea and learn their culture as well.

But if this is their final decision I have nothing to say anymore.

• Like 4

@egluvsnupiughhh that statement. We’re not expecting them to put him back m, even Seon Hi himself wouldn’t want that. At least, respect his time on the show by acknowledging his existence and contributions. Let the members talk freely about him. Don’t treat him as if he’s a criminal and never existed at all. It’s all we’re asking for 

• Like 7

currently rewatching season 4 from ep1 again until ep95. will not get sick of watching this because both KSH and 2D1N (w/ KSH) is my happy pill! i'm sorry too but I can't continue to watch it without KSH. :bawling:

i just hope KBS will at least upload the ep96-98 with KSH on their YT channel at least! as respect to him and for his contribution on the show for at least 2 years. i hope they'll cherish as much as we do!

• Like 5

CONTEST: Movember Oppa event - win prizes!

Chingus, now is your chance to win prizes as we are launching our Movember oppa event. Let your creative juices flow as you transform your oppa into a mustache oppa or a beard oppa. Let other forum members admire your oppa with facial hair. :wub: 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

I also still can't bring myself to watch 2D1N ep 96 onwards. As with the others here, it's just too painful to see him being disregarded, almost like being erased from existence in the show. I bet there are times when he felt tired and wanted to quit, but decided to put a front face and stick with the show. At some point, he's getting bigger than the show itself and become everyone's clickbait (just like the comment in soompi article quoted by @egluvsnupi), so he can always leave the show if he wants to, but decided to stay out of loyalty. In some episodes, you can clearly see that he was very tired, but keep on doing his best to contribute to the show (examples, ep 46 Know Yourself - when he just shot non-stop crying scene for Start-Up or ep 79 Island Stay - when he took some nap in between breaks because he just had overnight shoots).

I want to believe that Bang PD and the other members did fight for him, but ultimately KBS higher ups are the one who made the call. KBS is government-owned and is known as the more conservative TV channel out of the top 3, so it's not surprising that in the end they released that statement today and chose not to bring him back. The least thing that they can do is to acknowledge his existence and hard work for the past 2 years, but maybe I'm expecting too much from KBS bosses!

It's been 3 weeks since the news first broke and I still feel somewhat troubled with this unfortunate event. By now, he would have enjoyed Homecha success with the cast and crews, got a lot of interviews and endorsement deals, and established his path to be come A list actors with 3 movies in the row. If only that lady kept her mouth shut and smart enough to seek therapy to fix her problem! 

I'd imagine it'll take years for him to recover mentally and to have courage to open himself to the public again. I hope he won't give up variety show, because he got that wit and sense of humor, a one of its kind. Maybe Na PD can cast him in his youtube channel show, away from public broadcast. For sure there are lots of intl fans who will subscribe to his channel and watch the show :D. Something like a crossover between healing show and variety game show will be perfect for him. 

Anyway, I'm happy that I found this forum, a safe space to share my thoughts with like-minded ppl during the rollercoaster ride for the past 3 weeks. Let's keep the positive energy and patiently wait for KSH's comeback!

• Like 11

Random thoughts:

1. Choi Young Ah: Karma will come back to haunt her. To be living her life as if she did nothing wrong, posting on Instagram etc shows that she thought nothing of what she did. But of course to her, it was just a "misunderstanding" so why should she not live her life as usual? She is the epitome of evilness. She lost her trophy boyfriend simply because she was not eligible enough with her repeated lies and he was still kind (foolish?) enough to grant her that final dose of respect by not disputing her version of events right at the start.

2. The media-play: KSH simply apologized. He did not admit nor deny the allegations. But his act of apologizing (instead of defending himself!) = KSH admitted to all the allegations that he is a true jerk which is why he is apologizing. After hearing a one-sided story, the media went on a rampage to capture readers' attention with the headline-grabbing news articles. Netizens piled on with their destructive comments and we witnessed the terrible aftermath. Salt being radio silent (apparently even with the advertisers) also contributed to his reputation/reliability being torn to shreds. Words really can pressure and kill.

3. Inaction on false claims: Salt/KSH not taking (legal) action against her even after the 2nd Dispatch article sets a very bad precedent. There is no accountability and she can still go on living her life as if nothing had happened. You can accuse someone about something but you must be armed with evidence first to do so right? She just simply wrote false claims to bring him down in the most dramatic fashion possible and got away with it (seemingly so). How is this possible? Unless something else went on behind the scenes...

4. 2D1N: The last few episodes of 2D1N were heartbreaking. I didn't know that there was a way for a person to be seen on TV (somehow) but not be heard. KBS taught me that it is definitely possible. I watched 2D1NS4 from episode 1 because of KSH but I grew to love the whole crew. I was thinking of whether the result of him staying or leaving the show would had been different should he have chosen to defend himself right when the allegations first erupted and my conclusion was he still would have to leave (whether by his own discretion or otherwise). However, the way that KBS chose to edit him out was very disrespectful. He contributed his fair share to the show and so why would it be so difficult to grant him a graceful exit when he is not a criminal? I hope I will be able to watch the unedited episodes on KBS World TV YouTube channel one day but I guess it will take more than a miracle for it to happen. Ravi should be enlisting in the military soon so perhaps the original plan was for KSH to exit at the same time given his busy movie schedules (he was supposed to film 3 back-to-back movies from November till April) but his exit happened earlier than planned.

5. KSH: I still believe he is destined for greatness with his acting prowess so I will look forward to his return (big or small screen)! Kudos to the co-workers and brands who stood by him. Hopefully he will be able to date freely now too. It will no longer be the KSH dating scandal when the public gets wind of it (I hope!) but PLEASE, can someone (not best friend B please. Best friend B asked KSH to forgive her initially!) remind him repeatedly to keep his eyes and ears wide open when choosing his partner? 

6. Cultural difference: This incident is about an actor's personal life. An actor is human just like all of us. He is not perfect just like all of us so why should the Korean netizens believe he should be? I cannot help but feel that the overseas fans/supporters are much more rational in believing his hard work from theatre till now should not be for nought even before the Dispatch articles came out since these issues were supposed to be private and never made public.

With that, I am off to watching his old dramas when he was the second lead. I've only completed Start-Up, You Drive Me Crazy, Catch The Ghost (this drama is too under-rated!) and HTCCC. Till his comeback, I shall entertain myself slowly but I will have to stop watching 2D1N because it is just too sad.

• Like 8
  • Love 1