Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

(Posted on:  Friday, 13 October 2023)

Zhu Yi Long:  "Only The River Flows"

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4956074424336393

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4956378406780997

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4956453451005983

t014aa852f36eeece0d.webp

On the evening of  11 October, 2023 the movie "Only The River Flows" officially met the audience as the opening film of the 7th Pingyao International Film Festival.

After the premiere, director Wei Shu Jun, Zhu Yi Long, the other main creators and original author Yu Hua appeared.  They conducted a 90-minute conversation and sharing.

t0198fd639fc7cf3e98.webp

Author Yu Hua, who has always joked that he did not want his copyrighted works to be filmed, expressed his love for the film to Wei Shu Jun and Zhu Yi Long on the spot after "Second Screening".

He pointed out the details of the adaptation that he liked.  Such as the ending of Zhu Yi Long's family at the end of the film, which was "better than the original ending."

Yu Hua also said that "Only The River Flows" is a novel that looks easy to adapt at first glance, but turns out to be full of pitfalls upon closer inspection. He is very happy that the creators jumped out of the traps in the text. 

Yu Hua praised Zhu Yi Long, who plays Ma Zhe.   He said that Zhu Yi Long is a very good artist: "Some people think about how to be popular for a long time.  But Zhu Yi Long thinks about how to go further."

t0179109345d6983818.webp

Zhu Yi Long is deeply honored by the compliment.  At a media meeting held on the 12th, he revealed that he chatted with Yu Hua until the early morning the day before the opening in Pingyao. At first, he thought the teacher was just being polite.  He only felt relieved when Author Yu Hua began to talk about many details.

In China, when novels are adapted into movies or dramas, the Author or Novelist will complain about the poor adaptations.  But here, Author Yu Hua is Happy with both Director Wei Shu Jun and Actor Zhu Yi Long.

It is indeed an Honor !!

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 10/13/2023 at 8:52 PM, hush puppy said:

(Posted on:  Friday, 13 October 2023)

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4956074424336393

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4956378406780997

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4956453451005983

On the evening of  11 October, 2023 the movie "Only The River Flows" officially met the audience as the opening film of the 7th Pingyao International Film Festival.

After the premiere, director Wei Shu Jun, Zhu Yi Long, the other main creators and original author Yu Hua appeared.  They conducted a 90-minute conversation and sharing.

Author Yu Hua, who has always joked that he did not want his copyrighted works to be filmed, expressed his love for the film to Wei Shu Jun and Zhu Yi Long on the spot after "Second Screening".

He pointed out the details of the adaptation that he liked.  Such as the ending of Zhu Yi Long's family at the end of the film, which was "better than the original ending."

Yu Hua also said that "Only The River Flows" is a novel that looks easy to adapt at first glance, but turns out to be full of pitfalls upon closer inspection. He is very happy that the creators jumped out of the traps in the text. 

Yu Hua praised Zhu Yi Long, who plays Ma Zhe.   He said that Zhu Yi Long is a very good artist: "Some people think about how to be popular for a long time.  But Zhu Yi Long thinks about how to go further."

Zhu Yi Long is deeply honored by the compliment.  At a media meeting held on the 12th, he revealed that he chatted with Yu Hua until the early morning the day before the opening in Pingyao. At first, he thought the teacher was just being polite.  He only felt relieved when Author Yu Hua began to talk about many details.

In China, when novels are adapted into movies or dramas, the Author or Novelist will complain about the poor adaptations.  But here, Author Yu Hua is Happy with both Director Wei Shu Jun and Actor Zhu Yi Long.

It is indeed an Honor !!

@hush puppy Thanks for all explanation, now I understand more what going on during his interview.

Just now, ParinParin said:

@hush puppy Thanks for all explanation, now I understand more what going on during his interview.

Also the 36th Golden Rooster award list of nominations has been announced lately, I wonder why “Lost in the stars” did not get any Jury nomination? Please advise. 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

23 hours ago, ParinParin said:

Also the 36th Golden Rooster award list of nominations has been announced lately, I wonder why “Lost in the stars” did not get any Jury nomination? Please advise. 

@ParinParin    I am not at all surprised that  Zhu Yi Long was not nominated for the 36th Golden Rooster 2023 Best Actor Award.  

Because   Suspense Movies do not normally attract awards in the Chinese Film Industry.  Hollywood may be.   I remember discussing this with  @Siva Wilai.   He  feels the same way too.

(Posted on:  Sunday, 15 October 2023)

Zhu Yi Long is so "adorable".  :lol:    No wonder people likes to "tease" him.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1012%2F1dc1e43fj00s2eyhq003oc000qt01bnm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

For "Only The River Flows", Zhu Yi Long decided to do some research at a mental hospital.   He said: 

"When I experienced life in a mental hospital, it really helped me a lot.  Before that, whether I read scripts or novels, "Craziness" is just a "Concept" to me.

When I passed through a door in a Mental Hospital, the patients were about to be let out. There was an iron fence.  I was  the only stranger there. The others were all doctors.  So the patients were used to them.

But when they saw me coming in, they would slowly come over from a very far distance, leaned on the iron door and kept looking at me.  They did not do anything or make any sound.  They were all staring at me.

I felt like the  hair  on my body and everything stood up." :lol: :lol:

The last statement made the director laughed so hard that his stomach ached.  Teacher Yu Hua could not stand it anymore.  His face turned red.

Zhu Yi Long was silent for a second.  And then explained:

"Ah, no.  Not everything is hair !"  (He made it Worse).

Finally, he found that everyone was still laughing.  So he had to squeeze the director's shoulders tightly with his hands, begged him to stop laughing.  And gave up his explanation.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1012%2F902e21a3j00s2eyhr00f3c000lh00icm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1012%2F9107f617j00s2eyhr00d6c000ii00gwm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Zhu Yi Long, who has experienced many battles in Life, is always nervous.  The big-eyed fool who easily made the audience burst into laughter with his tongue-tied remarks was really good at "driving".   (Did you all catch "The Joke" ?

:hwaiting2:

• LOL 2

50 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

@ParinParin    I am not at all surprised that  Zhu Yi Long was not nominated for the 36th Golden Rooster 2023 Best Actor Award.  

Because   Suspense Movies do not normally attract awards in the Chinese Film Industry.  Hollywood may be.   I remember discussing this with  @Siva Wilai.   He  feels the same way too.

(Posted on:  Sunday, 15 October 2023)

Zhu Yi Long is so "adorable".  :lol:    No wonder people likes to "tease" him.

For "Only The River Flows", Zhu Yi Long decided to do some research at a mental hospital.   He said: 

"When I experienced life in a mental hospital, it really helped me a lot.  Before that, whether I read scripts or novels, "Craziness" is just a "Concept" to me.

When I passed through a door in a Mental Hospital, the patients were about to let out. There was an iron fence.  I was  the only stranger there. The others are all doctors.  So the patients are used to them.

But when they see me coming in, they will slowly come over from a very far distance, lean on the iron door and keep looking at me.  They did not do anything, and they don’t make any sound.  They were all staring at me.

I felt like the  hair  on my body and everything stood up." :lol: :lol:

The last statement made the director laughed so hard that his stomach ached.  Teacher Yu Hua couldn't stand it anymore.  His face turned red.

Zhu Yi Long was silent for a second.  And then explained:

"Ah, no.  Not everything is hair !"

Finally, he found that everyone was still laughing.  So he had to squeeze the director's shoulders tightly with his hands, begged him to stop laughing.  And gave up his explanation.

Zhu Yi Long, who has experienced many battles in Life, is always nervous.  The big-eyed fool who easily made the audience burst into laughter with his tongue-tied remarks was really good at "driving".   (Did you all catch "The Joke" ?

:hwaiting2:

@hush puppy so sad to hear that, this will effect the same to “Only the river flows” as well? I am worry. BTW, this time he is a little bit skinny, I love to see him more meat.

• Love 2

(Posted on:  Monday, 16 October 2023)

"Only The River Flows" won 2 Awards at the 7th Pingyao International Film Festival 2023 :

1) "Fei Mu  Honor Best Film Award" - the Highest Award

2) "Cinema Choice Award"

This means that it is very popular with film critics. This is a good beginning.  

The film industry in China is very competitive.  There are so many excellent actors and actresses.  So it is not easy to win an award.  Unlike other countries.  South Korea, for example.

"Only The River Flows" produced in Zhejiang was the opening film of this year's Pingyao Film Festival.  It was shortlisted for the "Hidden Dragon" section and eventually won the "Fei Mu Honor Best Film" and "Cinema Choice Honor" awards.

E45BDFC8638D295EB7ECA6AB354A7EB8B2B25D8D_size238_w690_h1227.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

(Posted on:  Monday, 16 October 2023)

Right now, Zhu Yi Long will be busy promoting "Only The River Flows".  Going from one roadshow to another.  Until it premieres on 21 October 2023.

(Credits to Owners for the clips below)

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on:  Tuesday, 17 October 2023)

Yu Hua, the author of the original novel, took Director Wei Shu Jun and Zhu Yi Long to visit the place where he lived as a child - Hangzhou.  He introduced the facilities of the old residence and his life experience there.

They took a cruise on West Lake, walked along Lingyin Road, and smelled the sweet-scented osmanthus. It was so pleasant that a netizen they met jokingly said that they had witnessed the "Mistake By The Lake." .

After all these Roadshows, Zhu Yi Long will be filming 2 movies. 

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4957881213321288

Spoiler

• Love 2

(Posted on:  Wednesday, 18 October 2023)

Zhu Yi Long and Director Wen Shu Jun posing in front of the venue for the 7th Pingyao International Film Festival 2023.

As to why he was Not Nominated by the 36th Golden Rooster Film Awards 2023, Zhu Yi Long's response was that he has no regrets. 

Zhu Yi Long believes that the judges are different every year.  So their aesthetics and judging standards are also different. If he can get the award, he will be very happy.  But if he does not get the award, he will still continue to work hard.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1017%2Fd19b5a33j00s2nzwp001bd000hs00ahp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Netizens tried to reason out why Zhu Yi Long was not nominated for the 36th Golden Rooster Best Actor Award.

1) Although the Golden Rooster Award officially states that it only recognizes works without considering personal background, this result is indeed surprising. The roles of Zhu Yi Long and another powerful actor Wang Chuan Jun are both villains, and it may be because of this reason that they were not selected. 

According to past experience, this type of role rarely wins awards. In the end, the film’s themes do not fit the bill of a grand narrative. 

2) Zhu Yi Long has already won the award last year, and the Golden Rooster Award only has five nominations every year.  So others must be given a chance. 

3) "Lost In The Stars" is adapted from other movies and is not an original work.  This may weaken its competitiveness.

Hopefully Zhu Yi Long can make a comeback next year - 2024.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

(Posted on:  Thursday, 19 October 2023)

Zhu Yi Long continues his Roadshow at  Zhejiang University.

Many viewers said that the film is full of philosophical thoughts and room for interpretation, and has great stamina:

"After watching it for so long, I still feel very emotional when thinking about the character of Ma Zhe.  He is a person who relies on logic and rationality to make judgments.  The original order and rules are all over the place. When it is broken, you should believe that you are still in this absurd world."

This kind of literary and artistic film focuses on word-of-mouth rather than the explosiveness of commercial films. It is difficult to achieve success.   So the main creators are also actively promoting it. Recently, they have promoted it in universities such as Peking University and Zhejiang University, and the effect is very good.

t01701caad927c2f8a7.webp

The New Poster

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1018%2F5a4737dcj00s2pqi800aoc000u0016fm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1018%2Ffd75c2cbj00s2pqi80064c000u00190m.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Awesome 2

2 hours ago, ParinParin said:
On 10/19/2023 at 5:21 PM, hush puppy said:

He looks so old and haggard.  What do you all think?

@hush puppy Maybe because of his hair color or he is very tired.

@ParinParin   You may be right.  He dyed his Hair "Slight Silver"  during his Trip to Kenya.  It does Not suit him.  Makes him look "Old".  Not only the Colour.  But also his Hairstyle.  Very sloppy. 

A short clip on his trip to Hangzhou with Author Yu Hua

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4958907437875212

(Credits to owner for the clips below)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on:  Saturday, 21 October 2023)

Zhu Yi Long:   In Kenya - As A WWF Ambassador

He says:  "Together with WWF, let us reject the consumption of products of endangered species such as Ivory and Rhinoceros Horn.  And protect biodiversity."

Spoiler

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on:  Saturday, 21 October 2023)

Zhu Yi Long:   Squashed The Rumours About His Secret Marriage

There have been rumors circulating on the Internet that he has a secret marriage and has a "son with the Surname Pi".

A netizen claiming to be an "informed person" posted a very blurry photo to support this rumor.

But recently, Zhu Yi Long Studio released a court notice that solved all the doubts.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1019%2F7fba4e8aj00s2rqhe001id000hs00m0p.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

He usually does not have the "fancy" hobbies of young people, and is as simple as an "old layman in the mountains".

On rare occasions when he is not filming, he will stay at home and play games for a day.  And then go out for a super spicy hot pot meal in the evening.

When someone else's "brother" shows off his abs and kisses his fans, his fan welfare is to watch him live "eating chicken".

I am glad that he did what he did.   Otherwise people will still be suspicious of him.

• Wiggle 2

(Posted on:   Sunday, 22 October 2023)

Zhu Yi Long weaves his "Magic Wand" again !

Before "Only The River Flows"  premieres,  all the movies which premiere on China's National Day were Not doing well.  Even Director Chen Kaige's  "Volunteer Army: The Mighty Soldiers Fight Back" failed to shine.

So Chen Kaige's competitor, Zhang Yi Mou's movie "Sturdy As A Rock" dominates the screen.

But "Only The River Flows" came and broke that Monopoly.  It took the first place accounting for more than 60% of the real-time box office on the day it premieres - 21st October 2023.  Accounting for 25.2% of the scheduled films.

The box office exceeded 19 million within 7 hours of release, beating Zhang Yimou.  It grossed more than 35 million at the box office by afternoon. 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1021%2Ffd21853cj00s2vqji001bc000u000ggm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

For a low-cost Literary Movie to do that in China?  It can only be described as "Abnormal !"

Because It is said that literary and artistic films have no audience in China.  Why? :

1) First of all, literary and artistic films are not entertaining and have low box office performance.  They are also on low demand at the end of October and have no schedule bonus. 

2) Secondly, Zhu Yi Long is the only leading actor, and almost all others are amateurs.

In addition to being No. 1 at the box office, this drama also has an explosive reputation. The Douban comment section has received unanimous four- and five-star reviews. The audience has praised: "This movie has a compact plot and a full sense of suspense. Although it is a suspenseful shell, it is still about humanity on the inside!  So is this world crazy?"

It is reported that the adaptation of this film was very difficult because teacher Yu Hua strictly controlled the copyright of this novel.

After watching Zhu Yi Long's performance, Author Yu Hua gave him very high approval.  Because he performed the Ma Zhe in his mind.  

Teacher Yu Hua also said that Ma Zhe in the novel is vague and more of an observation perspective, while Zhu Yi Long played him as a human being.

Zhu Yi Long's interpretation allows the essence of Teacher Yu Hua's original work to come out!

The texture of the era is very strong. Movies shot on film have a feeling that digital photography cannot easily replace. The plot is very gripping and everyone should have different feelings about it.

Netizens praised it for being a suspenseful film within a suspenseful film.  A suspenseful film within a literary and artistic film.

The struggles, contradictions, malice, kindness, innocence, and innocence of different characters are intertwined in a complex and pure way.

Compared with conventional suspense films that pursue the real murderer, "Only The River Flows" is more about portraying the spiritual world of the investigators.  It does not seem that important to see what the truth behind is.

On the contrary, is the ending illusion or reality?  This makes people want to explore more. The suspense is not the case in the film.  But the film itself.

Although the core is still a literary film, it does not conform to the stereotype of a literary film or a melodious or frivolous one. It has an overall story.  And the film shooting does create the texture of that era.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F1021%2F0b054779j00s2v35a002mc000qo00hsm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1