[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

3 hours ago, raziela said:

The interesting thing about these teasers is they are emphasising the drama aspect rather than the comedy aspect from the early trailers.  I noticed some Chinese fans on Weibo are disappointed as they wanted a light romantic comedy.  But after watching Oh My Ghost/Ghostess! I believe we can trust the director to combine romance and comedy with the more serious aspects and the mystery :D

Chinese fans are already disappointed? Ha ha...the teasers only cover episodes 1 or 2 utmost since it only shows how they died and will be revived. Most teasers only shows the beginning though :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Chinese fans are already disappointed? Ha ha...the teasers only cover episodes 1 or 2 utmost since it only shows how they died and will be revived. Most teasers only shows the beginning though :D

I just saw a couple of them say that. I think the alien part might throw a few people off but hopefully it is just a convenient plot device for the body change thing then it doesn't really come up anymore after the first episode lol! Majority of the C-fans are still anticipating the drama as much as we are! 

I'm sure there will be lots of romance and comedy too. I'm glad it looks like this drama will have a strong plot as well.

Preview of DoReMi Market episode with Bo young and Hyo Seop:

8 hours ago, raziela said:

@adqu  Thanks for even more teasers! 

This reveals even more of the plot.  I didn't realise aliens were involved with bringing Cha Min back to life. I thought they were both murdered but it seems like Cha Min's death was accidental (Big question is why was he on the ledge though?) and  Se Yeon was murdered.  I also thought Seo In Guk and Jung So Min cameo d as grim reapers but it looks like they are the aliens.

The interesting thing about these teasers is they are emphasising the drama aspect rather than the comedy aspect from the early trailers.  I noticed some Chinese fans on Weibo are disappointed as they wanted a light romantic comedy.  But after watching Oh My Ghost/Ghostess! I believe we can trust the director to combine romance and comedy with the more serious aspects and the mystery :D

according to his character description, he thinks of suicide because his fiancee runs away or something like that. i'm thinking the scene of him hanging on the edge is him regretting the attempt but that thing (spaceship? lol idk) accidentally hit him. 

the teasers are mostly dark because it does deal with murder lol but you can tell there'll be a big comedic aspect just looking at cha min and se yeon's interractions! life-long bickering friends lol

6 hours ago, raziela said:

I just saw a couple of them say that. I think the alien part might throw a few people off but hopefully it is just a convenient plot device for the body change thing then it doesn't really come up anymore after the first episode lol! Majority of the C-fans are still anticipating the drama as much as we are! 

I'm sure there will be lots of romance and comedy too. I'm glad it looks like this drama will have a strong plot as well.

Yes, this is a mix of everything, romance, comedy, and the thriller part just adds spice on it. I also didn't expect that Cha Min's death was actually caused by an alien or something..ha ha..I thought he would be killed by the same killer as Go Se Yeon, but...hmm..we'll see :D. Something to look forward to funnygifsbox.com_2016-07-02_18-23-43.gif  .

So you understand Chinese, btw?^^

I can see from the preview how shy Ahn Hyo Seop is according to PBY :D. I hope someone can sub their appearance on DoReMi though.

10 hours ago, adqu said:

this is gonna be awful, can't wait lol

:lol: PBY said as much on her vlive so I guess they didn't do too well scoring points or however this shopw works.

10 hours ago, adqu said:

according to his character description, he thinks of suicide because his fiancee runs away or something like that. i'm thinking the scene of him hanging on the edge is him regretting the attempt but that thing (spaceship? lol idk) accidentally hit him. 

the teasers are mostly dark because it does deal with murder lol but you can tell there'll be a big comedic aspect just looking at cha min and se yeon's interractions! life-long bickering friends lol

Poor Cha Min. A miserable life, ugly, fiancee runs out on him life and then dies  by accidentally being hit by a UFO.  He seems like a good person and a good friend.  I hope his new handsome life is much better!

I'm so excited for their interactions as lifelong friends.  It's going to be so cute and fun :D

8 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Yes, this is a mix of everything, romance, comedy, and the thriller part just adds spice on it. I also didn't expect that Cha Min's death was actually caused by an alien or something..ha ha..I thought he would be killed by the same killer as Go Se Yeon, but...hmm..we'll see :D. Something to look forward to funnygifsbox.com_2016-07-02_18-23-43.gif  .

So you understand Chinese, btw?^^

I can see from the preview how shy Ahn Hyo Seop is according to PBY :D. I hope someone can sub their appearance on DoReMi though.

Yes, I also thought they were both murdered. I didn't expect his death to be an accident and he is the one who gives Se Yeon a second chance at life too

Honestly, I'm not too sure about the alien part.  I was expecting fantasy rather than sci fi but-like I said in my post above- I expect it's just a plot device for their new faces and bodies and we probably won't hear much about the alien stuff after the first episode.  The focus will be on the murder mystery and their lives and their blossoming romance.

Nooo...I don't understand Chinese otherwise I wish I did otherwise wouldn't always be in the C-drama forums whining and crying because dramas I want to watch do not have English subtitles.  I used Google translate to read weibo lol!:P

Ahn Hyo Seop is soooo shy. He is adorable! I worry for him when he goes on variety shows because he gets so shy and nervous ^_^

Watch: Park Bo Young And Ahn Hyo Seop Exchange Fates In “Amazing Saturday” Preview

Apr 28, 2019
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Amazing Saturday” has shared an entertaining preview of Park Bo Young and Ahn Hyo Seop stressing out on next week’s episode!

The two actors, who will be starring together in tvN’s upcoming drama “Abyss,” will be appearing as guests on the upcoming episode of the variety show.

The newly released teaser begins with Ahn Hyo Seop expressing a lack of confidence in his own ability to guess song lyrics, explaining, “I don’t hear that well. I doubt I can be of much help.” Meanwhile, Park Bo Young confidently declares, “I’ve heard [this song] before. I know it all.” She then goes on to excitedly correct a cast member, saying, “That’s not it.”

However, just as their characters end up being reincarnated as other people in their drama, the two co-stars soon find themselves unexpectedly exchanging fates. Despite passionately throwing herself into the show and even sitting on the floor to place her ear directly against the speaker, Park Bo Young proves less than successful at hearing song lyrics. After apologizing to the cast members, she exclaims, “I think I’m going to go crazy. I can’t hear anything!”

Host Boom playfully asks her, “Is it more fun to watch this show from home or to come here and participate [in filming]?” Park Bo Young makes everyone burst out laughing by barely letting him finish his question before replying, “From home! From home!”

Meanwhile, even though he initially feels pressured when the cast members ask him for his opinion, Ahn Hyo Seop ends up doing better than he originally expected, and he celebrates his success with a proud fist pump. The cast happily applauds him and cries out, “Our leader! He’s truly a leader.”

The clip ends with Ahn Hyo Seop singing a brief snippet of the Carpenters’ “Superstar” before suddenly turning and walking off the set in embarrassment.

Park Bo Young and Ahn Hyo Seop’s episode of “Amazing Saturday” will air on May 4 at 7:35 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the preview below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1320558wpp/watch-park-bo-young-and-ahn-hyo-seop-exchange-fates-in-amazing-saturday-preview

3 hours ago, adqu said:

kim sa rang stills! 7 days to go!

Kim Sa Rang looks so pretty in this outfit.  Cha Min is trying to give her flowers in these pictures so I wonder if he also had a crush on Se Yeon too in the past? Or maybe it was her birthday or something? 

I feel so bad for the actor playing original ugly Cha Min. Imagine the poor actor Ahn Se Ha being told we have the perfect role for you: playing a hideously ugly visual terrorist. :lol: I know they have tried to make him look bad but he's not so ugly like we are supposed to believe. He just needs better hair and clothes.

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Kim Sa Rang looks so pretty in this outfit.  Cha Min is trying to give her flowers in these pictures so I wonder if he also had a crush on Se Yeon too in the past? Or maybe it was her birthday or something? 

That would be too bad if he does harbor feelings for her considering they're long-time friends. Because it seems she also ignored him give in those stills :D. If he does, I wonder what his feelings will be after the transformation, I think that'll be the comic side of it :).

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

That would be too bad if he does harbor feelings for her considering they're long-time friends. Because it seems she also ignored him give in those stills :D. If he does, I wonder what his feelings will be after the transformation, I think that'll be the comic side of it :).

That's why I'm not sure because from the clips we have seen it seems like his feelings are platonic for now.

Maybe he moved on from his crush-if he had one-because he is engaged to someone else at the start of the drama? Or maybe it was just her birthday or she is celebrating something in that scene?

4 hours ago, adqu said:

Thanks for the pictures!  Their height difference is wow!  I wonder if they will have any kiss scenes?  Those will be interesting to shoot but I supposed PBY is used to kissing much taller leading men by now :lol:

I really want to compare their new height difference to the height difference in their "original" bodies haha :P

Archived