Network: MBC

Episodes: 16

Genre: Drama, Romance

Airtime: Thursdays @ 23:10 KST

Airdate: October 11th, 2018 - January 24th, 2019

Director: Sun Hye Yoon

Writer: Park Eun Jung, Choi Woo Joo

Plot:

The drama is about the descendants of the main characters from hit MBC drama “Jewel in the Palace." The drama will follow three siblings, Han San Hae, Han Jin Mi, and Han Jeong Sik, as they each devour delicious food, fall in love, and struggle through the difficulties in life. Yuri will be playing Bok Soong Ah, a new employee in the sales team, working at the same company as Han San Hae.

Cast:

Kwon Yuri as Bok Sung Ah

yuri01.jpg

Shin Dong Wook as Han San Hae

shin01.jpg

Lee Yeol Eum as Han Jin Mi

yeol01.jpg

Kim Hyun Joon as Han Jung Shik

jeongsik01.jpg

Lee Min Hyuk as Min Hyuk

minhyuk01.jpg

Character Chart:

cast2.jpg

Other Posters:

DLSn9ZEUEAJn636748507187997020.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1

I’m really excited to have SDW in a lead role . I loved him in Live & his supporting role in Lookout . I watched Yuri in a web drama. She’s pretty good as well. Excited! 

Breaking News: Yuri and Shin Dong Wook cast in new drama “Dae Jang Geum is Watching”

July 23, 2018

Yuri-SNSD-Latest-Hairstyles-2012-Girls-Gfc8ff42b1b704dc02d865cfb4b23965b.jpg?res

Big news! Yuri and Shin Dong Wook have just signed on for a new drama, working title “Dae Jang Geum Is Watching.”  Set in modern times, the drama will follow the descendants of the 2003 drama, “Jewel in the Palace.”

For those of you who missed it, “Jewel in the Palace” was the story of Dae Jang Geum, the first female physician to the king in the Joseon dynasty.  It was a huge hit at the time and is still considered by many to be one of the best kdramas of all time.  (BTW, weren’t we promised a sequel?  Whatever happened to that???)

Shin Dong Wook will play Han San He, a salesman and foodie.  (I’m intrigued by the strong emphasis on the foodie part.  Why a foodie?)  While Yuri’s role is Bong Soon Ah, a green newbie at the same company as Han San Hae.  Reports promise a sweet and subtle romance between them.

Shin Dong Wook has been a hot topic since his return to dramaland last year.  In 2010 he announced his diagnosis with CRPS(Complex Regional Pain Syndrome,) a nervous system problem which causes intense localized pain.  At the time, Dong Wook was forced to retire due to the pain, but last year he was able to make a tentative comeback with a side role in the drama “Lookout.”  It must have gone well for him, since he is taking on a new role.  This drama will be his first leading role since 2006’s “Falling from the Stars.”  (Does anyone remember that drama?  I sure didn’t.)

Joining Yuri and Shin Dong Wook is PD Sun Hye Yoon, one of the PD’s behind the hilarious reality tv show “We Got Married.”  When discussing her inspiration, PD Sun explained that she got the idea for the drama after looking at a poster for “Jewel in the Palace.”  Seeing it caused her to wonder how our actions today affect future generations.

thumb-2-1.jpg?resize=649%2C372&ssl=1

Source

• Thanks 1

Yuri and Shin Dong Wook’s drama “Dae Jang Geum Is Watching” finalizes cast and adds air date

August 3, 2018

Yuri and Shin Dong Wook’s new drama “Dae Jang Geum Is Watching” has gone on a casting spree this week. All of the major roles have been filled, and some of the smaller ones.  Additionally, a starting air date has been set for October 4 on MBC.  Since everything is progressing so smoothly, we can expect filming to begin this month.

“Dae Jang Geum is Watching” is the brain child of PD Sun Hye Yoon, one of the PD’s behind the hilarious reality tv show “We Got Married.”  She got the idea for the drama after looking at a poster for the popular historical drama “Jewel in the Palace.”  Seeing it caused her to wonder what the descendants of Dae Jang Geum (the first female physician to the king) were doing today.

Set in modern times, the drama tells the story of three siblings descended from the “Jewel in the Palace” heroine.

The Siblings (and Yuri):

Eldest:

Her first descendant is Han San He(Shin Dong Wook), a salesman and foodie who can’t help getting involved with company new recruit Bok Seung Ah(Yuri).   Reports promise a sweet and subtle romance between them.

Middle:

Playing the second sibling is Lee Yeol Eum; who you may remember from earlier this year as the lead in “Longing Heart”.  She will be taking the role of sister Han Jin Mi, a woman with an all-knowing sense of smell.

Youngest:

Lastly, cast as the youngest sibling is Kim Hyun Joon, the sharp-jawed hunk from “Wok of Love.” He will be playing Han Jung Sik, a model and vlogger with excellent cooking skills.

Secondary Characters:

Some familiar faces are in the supporting cast as well.  Rising star Ki Do Hoon(Should We Kiss First?) will take on the role of a mysterious man who comes by the convenience store every day for lunch at precisely noon and eats his food as Han Jin Mi suggests.  (I love the reports which say that “he’s got the pretty boy aspect (of the drama) covered”  Hehe.)  Lastly, comedian Jung Yi Rang(Borg Mom) will play a food researcher.

In fact, every report about the drama puts a strong emphasis on the cathartic food element, especially that the drama is about people who “live to eat.”  All three of the siblings and Bok Seung Ah have a strong attraction to food, Jung Yi Rang researches food, and Ki Do Hoon’s entire character description rests on the fact that he eats lunch.  They really couldn’t drive the eating aspect home any harder.

more here https://dramacurrent.com/2018/08/03/yuri-shin-dong-wook-drama-finalizes-cast-adds-air-date/

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 3:11 AM, bedifferent said:

On my radar... for SDW and the foods! :D

Same ! Happy he got a lead role so quickly 

Cast Of “Dae Jang Geum Is Watching” Is Wild And Free In Food-Themed Official Posters

Sep 17, 2018
by nature1010

The cast of “Dae Jang Geum is Watching” has no qualms playing with their food for official posters.

In the first poster, Shin Dong Wook, Girls’ Generation’s YuriLee Yul EumKim Hyun Joon, and BTOB’s Minhyuk are lying down in grass. They cheerfully pose while being surrounded by various fruits and vegetables. In the second group poster, they jump happily, avoiding the chaos of the kitchen around them.

In another poster, the five actors’ characters are introduced with hashtags, as they pose with food. Shin Dong Wook’s character Han San Hae holds a green apple, and is described as the descendant who inherited a perfect sense of taste. Yuri’s character Bok Seung Ah (which sounds like the Korean word for peach) cleverly poses with a peach. Her character is a new employee of a sales team.

Lee Yul Eum’s character Han Jin Mi, who has a pineapple, is the descendant who inherited a perfect sense of smell. Minhyuk holds up a sausage, and is introduced as Lee Min Hyuk, the mysterious regular customer at the convenience store. Kim Hyun Joon’s character Han Jung Sik, who tosses a bell pepper in the air, is the descendant who inherited the perfect sense of touch.

“Dae Jang Geum is Watching” is about three siblings who are the descendants of Dae Jang Geum, from hit drama “Jewel in the Palace.” The Han siblings, whose only enjoyment in life is to eat, live to eat. The drama will be directed by producing directors Sun Hye Yoon, who previously directed “Borg Mom,” and Park Eun Jung. It is written by Choi Woo Joo.

The drama will air its first episode on October 11 at 11:10 p.m. kST

https://www.soompi.com/article/1231657wpp/cast-dae-jang-geum-watching-wild-free-food-themed-official-posters

Edited by triplem

@philosophie Did you watch this or are you planning to ? Gah , I wish i had more time . I’m so behind on all my dramas :sweatingbullets:. So many good ones showing 

How was it @0ly40?

i have a real soft spot for SDW especially after Live

Bts! He’s a cutie 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, triplem said:

Did you watch this or are you planning to ? Gah , I wish i had more time . I’m so behind on all my dramas :sweatingbullets:. So many good ones showing 

Im Gonna wait a bit more until it gets to episodes 6/8 so can get really into the story. It’s better when we’re behind cause then once we startsbwhen it’s already in the middle, it’s less agonizing waiting for new episodes and loosing track of the story. At least for me xD but I’m so happy that so many more new shows are airing since Gangnam ID, time, dear honor etc etc all wrapped up. 

• Like 1

If you want to watch something light, this is the show to do so.  I am already hooked and have not even completed watching it as yet.

You do not need to watch the original Dae Jang Geum for this, however that show is a classic and is very good.  You should watch it, good luck in finding it on a streaming site as its over 10 years ago.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, triplem said:

How was it @0ly40?

i have a real soft spot for SDW especially after Live

Hi @triplem I'm a fan of SDW since "Stair to Clouds" and this comedy drama (DJG is watching) seems interesting. I  haven´t watch it yet due to my job, but I must watch it. I will make the time. I hope you too. :)

• Like 2