Secret Queen Makers

bKEnwf.jpg

퀸카메이커

Episodes: 7

Airdate: June 4, 2018

Network: Naver TV Cast

Duration: 15 min.

Sinopsis

It is a drama about a geeky girl that turned out to be beautiful. She will be helped by the 6 male lead actors.

Cast

Go Won Hee

Lee Joon Gi

Hwang Chan Sung

Lee Teuk

Hwang Chi Yeul

Chan Yeol

Se Hun

source: mydramalist

Many thanks for starting this thread. I am following it for Hwang Chi Yeul (his episode will be aired on Monday, 11 June - can't wait) and am enjoying the drama so far. Better than I anticipated :)

8 minutes ago, cynkdf said:

Many thanks for starting this thread. I am following it for Hwang Chi Yeul (his episode will be aired on Monday, 11 June - can't wait) and am enjoying the drama so far. Better than I anticipated :)

Ops... same here... :grimace: have not seen him act before.

I love his singing hahaa.. wonder if he gets to sing here ?:wub:

0qyPhvs.jpg

3 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Ops... same here... :grimace: have not seen him act before.

I love his singing hahaa.. wonder if he gets to sing here ?:wub:

No, I don't think he gets to sing here -  the OSTs are by Eunhyuk and a girl singer (I don't think it's been revealed who she is).

HCY has shown comic acting potential in a few skits - on SNL8 Korea and on a reality show called "Safety First".  He was an investigator in this skit on "Safety First" - enjoy :)  

Spoiler

6 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

Hello! Just started the series with Lee Joongi's episode. Trying to catch up. And by the way, I'm a new fan of Hwang Chiyeul.. thanks to his 2D1N and The Return of Superman stint!:blush:

Hi! I am so happy to hear you are now a fan of HCY! He has the most amazing personality, that is one of the main reasons why I stan him :) For his "making of" video, the Chinese-subbed video is 10 secs longer than the clip on the LDF channel - enjoy if you haven't seen it already  :)  

Spoiler

9 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

I just watched Hwang Chiyeul's episode the other day. He is so good!! I just love the episode! His voice captivates me!! I watched a Happy Together guesting of his and he said it is a dialect. 

Hi you must be referring to that wonderful HT episode when he and Eunji were so adorable speaking satoori. As you may know, idols and actors are (I believe) generally discouraged from speaking their own dialect when they act or perform, ie they are expected to speak with standard Seoul accent.  That is why in the BTS HCY asked the director whether he spoke with an accent and the director said no :) (I don't understand Korean at all but gather this from reading Chinese subs - my Chinese isn't good, sadly).

While I don't understand Korean at all, I simply love it when HCY speaks satoori. He is the goodwill ambassador of  Gyeongsang Province.

In this clip the production team of  another show asked him not to use his home accent :

Spoiler

He is simply too adorable for words.

6 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

@cynkdf I'm all over looking for Hwang Chiyeul now..:blush:

Thanks for the info

My pleasure. I apologize to others for going on about this subject ... but simply cannot resist. For all of two days there was no news, no pic of HCY so one creative fan called nana_chiyeuleader made a short "missing person notice" video in both English and Chinese (part of the video uses scenes from Secret Queen Makers):

Spoiler

HCY posted on instagram a few hours ago (maybe in response to the missing person video?)

Another OST for the drama - "Pretty" by Jo Eun Ae:

• Guest changed the title to [Web Drama 2018] Secret Queen Makers, 퀸카메이커

Archived