[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Bloody Romance 媚者无疆

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

im waiting for viki subs ;p are there subs on youtube how are they.

The subs on youtube are decent. Some of the dialect doesn't have English subs (which is weird), and the timing at which they appear is sometimes off (either too early or too late). I have also found a few errors in the translation (even with minimal Chinese readability).

I have found another website where there are English subs, but the words appear directly over the Chinese characters, which may be distracting. The subs are better though.

Hope that helps if it's getting too itchy to wait!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, alimaexray said:

Youtube'daki subs terbiyeli. Diyalektin bir kısmı İngilizce altyazısına sahip değildir (ki bu gariptir) ve göründükleri zamanlama bazen kapalıdır (çok erken veya geç). Ayrıca çeviride birkaç hata buldum (en az Çince okunabilirliği ile bile olsa).

İngilizce altyazıların bulunduğu başka bir web sitesi buldum, ancak kelimeler doğrudan Çince karakterlerin üzerinde görünüyor, bu da dikkati dağıtabilir. Subs daha iyi olsa da.

Umarım beklemek için çok kaşıntılı olursanız yardımcı olur!

https://subscene.com/subtitles/bloody-romance/english/1825208
https://subscene.com/subtitles/bloody-romance/english/1825962

this is better, but sync is necessary.

Wan Mei set Chang An on his road to his kingship as she believes he can end the people's misery and suffering. It is as if she gave him his freedom to make his own choice. She is his ever benevolent master indeed.

Prince Ning took a pill that will see that his natural life will end in a month's time. He took it so that his own shadow, Yu Ying will stop stalking Wan Mei for her heart. I suppose that is his way of protecting the woman he loves?

I just feel that Cha Luo is really a dumb woman. All anger but no brains.

Phew! At least they found a cure for Prince Ning's failing condition. Yu Ying will no longer stalk Wan Mei for her heart. Wan Mei told Prince Ning she does care for him although it is not in a context of a man and woman relationship.

I hope based on his conversation with Wan Mei that he finally realised the woman by his side for 19 years is the one who truly loves him.

So sweet Chang An tidy up her place and set her with an associate in Gui Hua City before he left.

I will have to agree that his identity is a real "burden" to Chang An. He does not even look the part as if the royal robes does not fit him. Like Wan Mei is back at Gui Hua City to rid the place from Cha Luo, Chang An is doing the same to rid the country from a despot ruler.

On 8/25/2018 at 5:11 AM, Jackie1048 said:

Phew! At least they found a cure for Prince Ning's failing condition. Yu Ying will no longer stalk Wan Mei for her heart. Wan Mei told Prince Ning she does care for him although it is not in a context of a man and woman relationship.

I hope based on his conversation with Wan Mei that he finally realised the woman by his side for 19 years is the one who truly loves him.

So sweet Chang An tidy up her place and set her with an associate in Gui Hua City before he left.

I will have to agree that his identity is a real "burden" to Chang An. He does not even look the part as if the royal robes does not fit him. Like Wan Mei is back at Gui Hua City to rid the place from Cha Luo, Chang An is doing the same to rid the country from a despot ruler.

Hey help me explain the relationships of birth secret please

• Blind prince is son of that general who is prime minister for the king who is a tyrant and seems killed his father the emperor. Blind man's mom was an assasin and so was grandmother. Then why is he PRINCE? 

• Shadow is son of the most favourite consort of a king.. which king are we talking about? that one who was killed by current king who meets up with blind prince?

• Why is this new king interested in blind prince when they are not blood relatives and he does not have claim to throne?

• Is shadow's mother alive?

• Sometime is feel CL's shadow doesn't love her anymore... ior is it just anti sex?
  • Someone should tell shadow that CL killed Xie because they were rude to her and not because of birth secret of shadow

Do we ever get a kiss scene in this drama?

@enigmatic_zephy

The relationship tree gets really confusing.

This is what I came up with:

• Gong Zi is the son of Yue Qing Ya & his mother, but his mother was a consort/concubine of the previous emperor. It is a secret that no one knows, that's why he's still considered a "prince"
    • His brother is the current emperor, and is interested in him because he's afraid that Gong Zi will usurp the throne.
  • Chang An is a descendent of Princess Taiping, the daughter of Wu Zetian. I believe Princess Taiping is dead right now, because it's the latter stages of the Tang Dynasty or just after it.
  • Cha Luo is all power hungry, and hates her so called "betrayers". That's why Xing Feng is starting to not love her anymore.
  • Whether or not someone tells Chang An that Cha Luo killed the family of Xie because of Xie's rudeness means nothing imo. 
    • It does not change the fact that Chang An is out there to avenge the family of Xie
    • It does not change the fact that Chang An's "destiny" is to reunite the country.
  • I actually like the no kiss scenes. It gives the more ancient feeling.

Correct me if I get this wrong.

Tang Dynasty over, so it's just Kings, no emperor. That's why the Chinese subtitles use  instead of 皇

I don't know why the English subtitles use emperor instead of king. I'll still refer to "emperor" as it is in the English subtitles

Gong Zi, Chang An, and the emperor's surnames are actually "Li", so I think they are currently in "Later Tang"

In terms of up to episode 33, I feel like the story just keeps getting better and better. The ending must live up to expectations, or ratings are going to fall hard like what happened with Legend of Fuyao.

I just finished watching episode 20 and I'm still very fond of this drama. I'm sad about Chang An and Wan Mei, I miss the good times they shared but I love the angst too. A kiss would be nice but I just want them to make up (Chang An I love you and I understand you but I hope you'll be able to explain everything to Wan Mei one day, and not just before you die like in some other dramas thank you).  

I like to think of Cha Luo and Xing Feng as a twisted version of Wan Mei and Chang An. To know Cha Luo was a good person at the beginning and seeing how terrible she is now, it's sad. I think Xing Feng isn't very fond of how cruel she is, and you can see him try to help other servants sometimes. Is he still in love with her or staying with her out of habit or pity? I still enjoy their interactions very much and I hope we'll get flashbacks.

PS: I wondered if someone knew other dramas like this one because I don't know many chinese dramas (I watched Sound of the desert, Princess Weiyoung, and I'm making my way through the Glamourous Imperial Concubine and Nirvana in Fire)? So I guess what I'm searching for is a historical drama with a main female character who has someone who watches over her (like a bodyguard or a servant). I watched many sageuk and I rarely found ones who match my description (or maybe I didn't watch enough dramas). 

3 hours ago, loversbridge said:

I just finished watching episode 20 and I'm still very fond of this drama. I'm sad about Chang An and Wan Mei, I miss the good times they shared but I love the angst too. A kiss would be nice but I just want them to make up (Chang An I love you and I understand you but I hope you'll be able to explain everything to Wan Mei one day, and not just before you die like in some other dramas thank you).  

I like to think of Cha Luo and Xing Feng as a twisted version of Wan Mei and Chang An. To know Cha Luo was a good person at the beginning and seeing how terrible she is now, it's sad. I think Xing Feng isn't very fond of how cruel she is, and you can see him try to help other servants sometimes. Is he still in love with her or staying with her out of habit or pity? I still enjoy their interactions very much and I hope we'll get flashbacks.

PS: I wondered if someone knew other dramas like this one because I don't know many chinese dramas (I watched Sound of the desert, Princess Weiyoung, and I'm making my way through the Glamourous Imperial Concubine and Nirvana in Fire)? So I guess what I'm searching for is a historical drama with a main female character who has someone who watches over her (like a bodyguard or a servant). I watched many sageuk and I rarely found ones who match my description (or maybe I didn't watch enough dramas). 

Princess Agent's . 10 miles of peach blossoms you could also check my list in my sig. 

4 hours ago, alimaexray said:

@enigmatic_zephy

The relationship tree gets really confusing.

This is what I came up with:

• Gong Zi is the son of Yue Qing Ya & his mother, but his mother was a consort/concubine of the previous emperor. It is a secret that no one knows, that's why he's still considered a "prince"
    • His brother is the current emperor, and is interested in him because he's afraid that Gong Zi will usurp the throne.
  • Chang An is a descendent of Princess Taiping, the daughter of Wu Zetian. I believe Princess Taiping is dead right now, because it's the latter stages of the Tang Dynasty or just after it.

So, Gong Zi and Chang An - are they from the same dynasty or separate kingdoms altogether?

• Cha Luo is all power hungry, and hates her so called "betrayers". That's why Xing Feng is starting to not love her anymore.
  • Whether or not someone tells Chang An that Cha Luo killed the family of Xie because of Xie's rudeness means nothing imo. 
    • It does not change the fact that Chang An is out there to avenge the family of Xie
    • It does not change the fact that Chang An's "destiny" is to reunite the country.

But the truth will actually relieve him of the promise of marrying and being the only person to help xie clan repopulate earth

• I actually like the no kiss scenes. It gives the more ancient feeling.

Correct me if I get this wrong.

Tang Dynasty over, so it's just Kings, no emperor. That's why the Chinese subtitles use  instead of 皇

I don't know why the English subtitles use emperor instead of king. I'll still refer to "emperor" as it is in the English subtitles

Gong Zi, Chang An, and the emperor's surnames are actually "Li", so I think they are currently in "Later Tang"

What is the difference between emperor and king? as in based on how much land is under you or kingdoms.. which metric decides you have become the emperor

In terms of up to episode 33, I feel like the story just keeps getting better and better. The ending must live up to expectations, or ratings are going to fall hard like what happened with Legend of Fuyao.

i watched raw.. not sure what is happening.. but lets say acting is still top notch

Is this drama a hit in China?

Legend of Fuyao - how is this? recommend watching? don't want usual stupidity of the drama.. unlike bloody romance where script is taut.. this is good

50 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So, Gong Zi and Chang An - are they from the same dynasty or separate kingdoms altogether?

But the truth will actually relieve him of the promise of marrying and being the only person to help xie clan repopulate earth

What is the difference between emperor and king? as in based on how much land is under you or kingdoms.. which metric decides you have become the emperor

i watched raw.. not sure what is happening.. but lets say acting is still top notch

Legend of Fuyao - how is this? recommend watching? don't want usual stupidity of the drama.. unlike bloody romance where script is taut.. this is good

Legend of Fuyao is really good until like episode 40 then takes a bit of a dive . 

58 minutes ago, rhaps said:

- what's difference between King and Emperor?

- what is the 'Later Tang' dynasty? 

- yes, in epi 13, miss Xie said that Chang An had surname Li . Does that mean that he and Gong Zhi are blood related?

55 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

50 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

• I actually have no idea what the difference between King and Emperor is. I'm studying Aerospace Engineering instead of Chinese history lol. King is "royal" and Emperor is "imperial", but Emperor is actually higher ranked than King. That's all I know.
  • 'Later Tang' was founded by the descendents of the imperial "Li" family from the Tang Dynasty.
  • Gong Zi and Chang An are blood related I believe, so yeah same dynasty. That's what all the hints suggest.
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I'm from Canada, so I'm not really sure about China. It is rated 8.9 on Youku. I have limited readability in Chinese (it's gotten a lot better in the past month since i've started watching C-Dramas). I'm a Cantonese speaker, so I've also been learning Mandarin in the past month. Right now, I can only understand roughly 60-70% of what they are saying, but based on their superb acting and the background music, I can roughly guess what's going on. That's why I think it's getting better.

Honestly I didn't even want to watch the raws at first, but the itch became too big :tongue:. I do not regret it at all now, and I'm happy that I did watch it and that it ends this week. The reason for being happy that it ends this week? I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my senior year if the drama was still airing, with or without subtitles :tongue:.

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I watched it. It was really good up until early episode 41, then the scriptwriters got side tracked and wrote a partly draggy 13 episodes, which threw the pacing of the rest of the drama off. I would recommend watching if you like true love stories. The OTP was amazing, with their acting and storyline.

Hopefully that helped!

10 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Hey help me explain the relationships of birth secret please

• Blind prince is son of that general who is prime minister for the king who is a tyrant and seems killed his father the emperor. Blind man's mom was an assasin and so was grandmother. Then why is he PRINCE? 

Prince Ning (Blind Prince)'s mother was the favourite concubine of the Former Emperor (current Emperor on the throne's father) but she fell in love with Minister Yue. Prince Ning is the son from their affair. I think the maternal grandmother became the custodian of some sect. Not sure whether Prince Ning's mother was an assassin but the Former Emperor gave her Gui Hua City as a gift.

• Shadow is son of the most favourite consort of a king.. which king are we talking about? that one who was killed by current king who meets up with blind prince?

Chang An (Shadow) is the descendant of Princess Taiping. Princess Taiping is the youngest daughter of Empress Wu Zetian (Zhou Dynasty) and Emperor Gaozong of Tang). It is said that it is currently after 100 years since Empress Wu Zetian's death 

• Why is this new king interested in blind prince when they are not blood relatives and he does not have claim to throne?

True. However, the 3rd wish of Prince Ning's mother is to take over the throne.

• Is shadow's mother alive?

No mention of a mother but after the death of his foster father, he was sent to the Xie family 

• Sometime is feel CL's shadow doesn't love her anymore... ior is it just anti sex?
  • Someone should tell shadow that CL killed Xie because they were rude to her and not because of birth secret of shadow

Xi Feng (CL's shadow) loves her very much. But he can see that Cha Luo is on the road to self destruction so he is trying to lessen her "crimes". Actually, Cha Luo wanted to avenge her insult (she did not get to marry into the family) but the opportunity came to her when she was ordered to destroy the Xie's family for the no name letter.

Do we ever get a kiss scene in this drama?

None I see so far

I hope this is of some help. It is to the best of my interpretation.

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

7.3 in douban is a really good rating for wuxia/fantasy type drama's. 

what is douban

Spoiler

also, really need recommendations - romantic and passionate, intense with good buildups.. like this show or Addicted :P ..

not love O2O ,girl's acting was weird..

but if it has drop dead gorgeous cast like meteor garden, maybe :P ,

and most of the modern ones seem to be fairly stupid including recent one with janine ... and not as old as chinese version of scarlet heart (very difficult to watch low quality screen) .. 

looking for something really intense ( like i remember starting a drama with dilraba where she loves someone else but marries the king, he allows her to have her lover's child.. because he loved her since childhood.. anyway. .. got bored)

Archived