Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Bloody Romance 媚者无疆

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

by heart witchcraft i meant,

the witchcraft CL asked CA to implant in wanmei.. so that everytime CA and WM are nearby, CA's heart will ache

I read in Mydramalist that Yuen Ying removed that witchcraft from Wan Mei when she was unconscious, so she should be free now. Since I don't understand the language, I couldn't clarify it

5 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

I am all for Season 2. The new villain is Prince Ning. Remember, Chang An said it in the same line "Do Not trust Cha Luo, do not trust Prince Ning".

Currently, Prince Ning and his brother had called their dynasty Later Tang. This is an historical fact. Historically, Wu Zetian's dynasty only had her as Emperor.

Personally, Chang An's heart was never belonged to the cause ... Taiping descendant hence heir apparent. I find that the Xie family is just riding on that for their own personal glory. He is doing it because it was drummed into him that the death of a whole clan was because to protect him.

Look how he just dropped everything to be at Wan Mei's side once he heard she was in danger. 

Me too. Season 2 is a must!

I heard that the novel hasn't finished. The author  never finished it. So, perhaps that's why there are unfinished problems in the story. I really hope that Season 2 is confirmed. Not just  because I can't get enough of Chang An - Wan Mei, but also because I want to see the closures of all conflicts.

Yes, I also think that Chang An doesn't really want the throne. Although I was watching raws, I could see that all that he really wanted was actually just Wan Mei and how to get revenge for the Xie. I think he is a mature character who can adapt into a situation and do what he thinks he must do. If he feels that he has an obligation, then he is willing to accept his 'destiny' and do it right. Then again, Wan Mei is still number 1 in his heart, and he is willing to let go of everything to keep her safe.

And I think I have to read about the history of China. *LOL*

14 minutes ago, Wotad said:

How did it do on viewers is a s2 likely 

It's still not confirmed. I hope there will be s2

2 hours ago, missnymeria said:

Best romance build-up I've even seen is in te recently completed The Legend of Fuyao. It would also fit the bill when it comes to passion and intensity. I've never seen a love story so well-portrayed in a drama

The currently airing Ashes of Love also delivers some great romantic intensity and plot. Plus it's some serious eye-candy.

Last but not least, the excellent Eternel Love, 10 miles of Peach Blossoms, after the set-up episodes have concluded.

Spoiler

10 miles - i opened the poster, male lead doesn't look appealing.. lol yea shallow me.. does he grow on you over the course of drama..? (looks wise)

which one would you say is must go for super intense.. the first one :) .. it could be possessiveness, slap kiss genre whatever... as long as it is intense.. or good old deep in love but separated (but intense)

36 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Me too. Season 2 is a must!

I heard that the novel hasn't finished. The author  never finished it. So, perhaps that's why there are unfinished problems in the story. I really hope that Season 2 is confirmed. Not just  because I can't get enough of Chang An - Wan Mei, but also because I want to see the closures of all conflicts.

Yes, I also think that Chang An doesn't really want the throne. Although I was watching raws, I could see that all that he really wanted was actually just Wan Mei and how to get revenge for the Xie. I think he is a mature character who can adapt into a situation and do what he thinks he must do. If he feels that he has an obligation, then he is willing to accept his 'destiny' and do it right. Then again, Wan Mei is still number 1 in his heart, and he is willing to let go of everything to keep her safe.

And I think I have to read about the history of China. *LOL*

It's still not confirmed. I hope there will be s2

If the Novel is not finished would s2 be original script? i would be very nervous for that. 

30 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:
  Hide contents

10 miles - i opened the poster, male lead doesn't look appealing.. lol yea shallow me.. does he grow on you over the course of drama..? (looks wise)

which one would you say is must go for super intense.. the first one :) .. it could be possessiveness, slap kiss genre whatever... as long as it is intense.. or good old deep in love but separated (but intense)

Hes quite charming and you fall for him. 

I'm all in for season 2, even with an original script. I heard the author was the scriptwriter for season 1, so maybe season 2 will be the same person. I'm sure they'll follow what was completed from the second book up until the unfinished portions, then come up with new ideas. The script requires a team effort, but I'm certain the content will be there. The question is whether or not the pacing will be as good as this one.

I tend to find pacing of dramas usually linked to the budget, so I hope they don't go crazy with the budget because that's when things tend to go wrong. You add more episodes, but if there's nothing to talk about, there's no reason to add them. Just save the money for other things, like better editing. :smile:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wotad said:

If the Novel is not finished would s2 be original script? i would be very nervous for that. 

It think there should be some changes, like they've already changed the male lead's name. His name is not Chang An in the novel

9 hours ago, alimaexray said:

I'm all in for season 2, even with an original script. I heard the author was the scriptwriter for season 1, so maybe season 2 will be the same person. I'm sure they'll follow what was completed from the second book up until the unfinished portions, then come up with new ideas. The script requires a team effort, but I'm certain the content will be there. The question is whether or not the pacing will be as good as this one.

I tend to find pacing of dramas usually linked to the budget, so I hope they don't go crazy with the budget because that's when things tend to go wrong. You add more episodes, but if there's nothing to talk about, there's no reason to add them. Just save the money for other things, like better editing. :smile:

The author should have focused on writing more stories , instead of adding too many erotic scenes :P

Yes, they should improve their editing, since it felt choppy sometimes. And I also hope the same thing about extending episodes for the sake of gaining profit, but forgeting the quality. Bloody Romance is fast-paced and straight-forward, although there are boring parts too. Still, I think it has a good quality and I wish to have the same one, or improved, in the sequel. Oh, I also wish they fix the costumes. Although the overall is nice (I particularly like Chang An and the Prince's costumes), but several ones looked 'meh', like one of the assasins costumes. 

In the end, Cha Luo sounded like a frustrated spinster with her desire there is death to all lovers.

Hah! Prince Ning finally have to hear from Wan Mei herself why she will never choose him. She said that she always felt that Prince Ning see her as a chess piece for his use because Prince Ning told her to get Gui Hua City so that he can return to it one day. His deal with his Emperor brother to give up Gui Hua City for the Generalship. Prince Ning asked why Chang An is different in her eyes when he is doing the same thing as he is (securing a kingship). Wan Mei said that Chang had never forced her to do anything and will have her on his mind in every consideration. Therefore, Chang An out beat Prince Ning for her affections. Another stunned look from Prince Ning. Lastly, Wan Mei said her decision to stay at Gui Hua City and take over the leadership is not for Prince Ning's sake but she did not want the women to suffered under Cha Luo's hands.

Xing Feng removed the Blood Gu from Wan Mei therefore her inner strength is greatly reduced. Although Xing Feng did it so she will not be seen as a threat to Cha Luo but Cha Luo did not fall for it. That is why Chang An donated his inner strength to Wan Mei to defeat Cha Luo. He told her that she was the woman he loved and who he will give up his life for. He told her to stay alive and forbid her to take poison as it was her earlier plan. Chang An told her never turn herself to be another Cha Luo as she is always be Wan Mei (perfect).

Based on what I have seen so far, there is a few unfinished business. There was that talk between Prince Ning and Chang An on joining forces to defeat the Liang dynasty. I think it is probably the second time the two men showed their qualification on who is the better man. When Prince Ning told Chang An that he won their fight before and that Chang An said he did not put his best effort in that fight.

I must say Chang An practiced great restraint with Wan Mei. He is so proper ... why he did not kiss her? Season 2 a kiss is a must.

Emperor brother asked for Yue Ying to be at his side and enter his inner palace. Stupid man just "hired" his brother's spy to his side. Yue Ying probably though she is doing Prince Ning a big favour.

I wander whether Prince Ning entering back into that cave of his is to revive Chang An. That pool of blood gu thingy maybe can do such a thing.

• Like 4

On 8/29/2018 at 2:05 PM, enigmatic_zephy said:
  Hide contents

The ML absolutely grows on you in 10 miles. He's an actor that looks way better in motion than in pictures.

All three dramas have MLs that are so intensely in love with the FL that they can give up everything for them and they will do absolutely anything to protect them and to get them back when they lose them. All three are a must-watch in my opinion.

1- Wuji in Fuyao is uber powerful, super intelligent and manipulative and goes all out to create a world in which he can live with Fuyao. Despite everything being against them, he's ready to fight to the death for her. ML actor acts so raw in some emotional scenes that it makes the romance even more believable.

2- Xu Feng in Ashes is so head over heels in love with Jin Mi that even her hurting him as badly as anyone can hurt a person does not stop him from wanting her. This is one super angsty ride despite the seemingly fluffy beginning.

3- Ye Hua in 10 miles is so utterly devoted to Qian Qian that he spends 300 years trying to revive her when he believes she is dead. She's his whole world and he uses all his power and intelligence to try and protect her.

Sorry I couldn't help you choose !

Some spoilers and deleted scenes have been posted on My Drama List.

Spoiler

You should go check it out if you're wondering about the ending and how they got that device that saved Gong Zi.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

I must say Chang An practiced great restraint with Wan Mei. He is so proper ... why he did not kiss her? Season 2 a kiss is a must.

I'm okay with no kiss. It feels proper for an ancient periode drama. And personally, it makes me feel that the love is really pure and admirable, coz they dont just love each other to the point of sacrificing themselves, but they also treat each other with full respect . Well, of course that doesnt mean that kissing makes their love insencere or something, but it's just my impressions and preferences :P

ending spoiler etc.. from dramalist.

Spoiler
    • This is the ULTIMATE spoiler, the ending in a 3:33 min 1080p video,
      fully English-subbed including the hidden message.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj91491ByM8
      I strongly recommend people not to watch this unless you have:
      1. Already watched all 36 episodes before hand
      2. Still have unanswered question about the ending after (1)

• Like 1

I heard that our ML, Qu Chu Xiao, sang a version of the opening song. It can be found on youtube. If anyone knows of it, please please share link. I am dying to hear him sing!

I'm not a fan of wuxia dramas (mainly because of the stunts and all of those flying/acrobatics) but started to give it a try with Bloody Romance then baam! All of a sudden, i'm totally hooked! Not to mention the great cast, plot and overall aesthetics.

I'm already at ep 20 and I watch at Youtube. And as you know, the CC there tends to skip some dialogues and such that made the story hard to follow/understand. I'm not new to chinese dramas (though I prefer watching modern ones) but to try to understand the lacking parts is hard. :(

So please can someone clarify these to me:

1. Prince Ning is the current emperor's half brother but resides to the Guihua city. Is the emperor knew that Prince Ning is a son of a concubine or not?

2. Was Prince Ning the son of Lanhe and the emperor's advisor? 

3. What's the purpose of the Blood Lotus group? Who is the Dingsha group? Is Lanhe included in the former or the latter?

4. Was Prince Ning's grandmother was sacrificed to Blood Lotus group? How about his mother Lanhe?

5. Who is the kungfu master? What's his relation with Prince Ning?

6. GUIHUA City is not magical right? Like it is a normal city with just assassins? Because i'm confused when Chang'an told Wanmei to swimmer deeper until she reached the different current in the lake which can make her leave the city. If it is magical and only assassins can enter, why does the kungfu master can enter it (when he's asking for clarification regarding the salt smuggler's death)?

7. Is Yueying a juesha(?) an assassin next to deisha(?) or is she a Chawu level?

8. Is Wan xiang already a deisha when she first encountered Wanmei or not yet? Because I remember her telling Wanmei that if Not for her, she can kill the general. But why does Liuguang (Puff) went to kill the general instead of Wan xiang if it was intended as a task?

9. Xifeng is Chalou's shadow right? But i thought having an intimate relationship with a shadow is a felony?

10. Who's born earlier Prince Ning or Chang'an? 

11. I don't know why everyone tell that Chang'an is the rightful owner of the throne. What is his lineage? Isn't Prince Ning's "father" the former emperor? Did he just die?

12. What is Princess Taiping's lineage?

13. In ep 18 (?) it is said that Lanhe needs to find the "stone without written letters". WHY???

14. Is it correct: Tingsha/Tinsha (Chawu) > Juesha (Yueying, Liuguang) > Deisha ( Wanmei, Wanxiang)

15. What is the punishment for the greatest crime in Guihua as discussed by Chang'an?

Edited by jeppblackman
  • Like 1

@jeppblackman, hi there! I've been planning to rewatch earlier episodes of Bloody Romance because I did skip some scenes, and I regret it because it made me unclear about a lot of things. Here is what I know now, I put them in spoiler tags :

11 hours ago, jeppblackman said:

So please can someone clarify these to me:

6. GUIHUA City is not magical right? Like it is a normal city with just assassins? Because i'm confused when Chang'an told Wanmei to swimmer deeper until she reached the different current in the lake which can make her leave the city. If it is magical and only assassins can enter, why does the kungfu master can enter it (when he's asking for clarification regarding the salt smuggler's death)?

It's not magical. Chang An only told her how to get out of the city. Because it's difficult, he gave her some pill, so that she could swim deeper and able to reach the different current (which would bring her away from there)

7. Is Yueying a juesha(?) an assassin next to deisha(?) or is she a Chawu level?

8. Is Wan xiang already a deisha when she first encountered Wanmei or not yet? Because I remember her telling Wanmei that if Not for her, she can kill the general. But why does Liuguang (Puff) went to kill the general instead of Wan xiang if it was intended as a task?

9. Xifeng is Chalou's shadow right? But i thought having an intimate relationship with a shadow is a felony?

7. She is a Juesha

8. Wan Xiang is not a deisha . She was trying to kill the general, in order to be accepted as a candidate for the assasin. From my understanding, every girl should pass some test before they can be a candidte. That's why, Chan Luo wouldnt accept Wan Mei in the beginning. because Wan Mei hadnt pass any tests. She was there because she had backup from the Prince

9.  A felony is when a Shadow fell in love with his master. Having physical relationship is not considered as a crime (you will notice this after watching the future episode). Then again, for Chan Luo's case, I tend to think that nobody wants to punish her, because she is at the top level

11 hours ago, jeppblackman said:

11. I don't know why everyone tell that Chang'an is the rightful owner of the throne. What is his lineage? Isn't Prince Ning's "father" the former emperor? Did he just die?

12. What is Princess Taiping's lineage?

13. In ep 18 (?) it is said that Lanhe needs to find the "stone without written letters". WHY???

11-12-13 .Chang An is the son of Princess Taiping, who is the daughter of Empress Wu. She is the one who is supposed to inherit the throne. Princess Taiping is already passed away in the series, so the inheritance goes to Chang An.

Although Princess Taiping was the rightful owner to the throne, Empress Wu didnt make it easy for her, because she didnt like her characters (sorry, I forgot the detail). So, Empress Wu created a No-Word Letter for her to open, in order to proof that she is worthy of the position.

That's all I know now. For epi 15, in which episode is that?

• Like 1

@jeppblackman

I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

1. Not too sure, but Prince Ning addressed as the older brother, so I assume the emperor does know.

Spoiler

2. Spoiler alert! (If you didn't watch episode 32 or 33 yet) You can safely assume they are.

3. Don't know (sorry)

4. His mother was sacrificed to the Blood Lotus, but his grandmother was in the Xuanji Palace (if you remember that)

5. No relation

6. I don't think it is magical. It probably has tunnels in the lakes that go to rivers.

7. Yes she is a Juesha. I believe the rankings from lowest to highest are Disha, Tiansha, Juesha, Chief. The higher the rank you are, the less people there are.

8. Wan Xiang is not yet. It was probably her mission to become Disha before Wan Mei ruined it and Liu Guang had to finish it off.

9. Xing Feng is Cha Luo's shadow. Yes it is a felony, but rules are meant to be broken (like in real life). Plus, Cha Luo is the chief, so she can change the rules whenever she feels like it.

10. Don't know (sorry)

11. Chang An is a descendent of Princess Taiping, the daughter of Empress Wu Zetian. The so called throne is from the Tang Dynasty, but the date of this drama is set after Tang got overrun. Prince Ning is related to Chang An, because they are from the same family, but his father was the emperor of a kingdom in the years after Tang's abolishment. It gets really confusing, but it's the best I can explain it. Google may probably be your best friend.

12. Answered above, but you can google Princess Taiping. I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful history facts.

13. I don't really remember this part (sorry).

14. Answered in 7.

15. The greatest crime was running away right? That was to die.

On another note, I've been seeing a lot of comments that people are dropping the drama because Gong Zi (Prince Ning) and Wan Mei won't be together. Damn why can't they just enjoy the story? lol

• LOL 1