Sm Audition___callbacks

Guest miyeOnx3

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

ixLoveXse7en: that seems reasonable too but then again...it's not easy to get into SM...but let's hope you're right anyway ;)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ixLoveXse7en

ixLoveXse7en: that seems reasonable too but then again...it's not easy to get into SM...but let's hope you're right anyway ;)

haha I hope because lee soo man go for looks more then talented.

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

haha I hope because lee soo man go for looks more then talented.

i think when it comes to that issue...they might be more lenient (sp?)...didn't xiahunko say that they were trying to get away from the "company that only goes for looks" (something like that) image? and like...i think you just hafta look decent or maybe as long as you can be "saved" *cough cough* if you know what i mean...

edit: found it ^_^

SM

"head honcho" of ALL pop genre: (boyband, girl band.) bases 40% on talent AND looks. 20% is personality and other issues such as gender, height, showing potential of change and learning vast information quickly. SM is trying to get away from the "company that only looks at looks" and are starting to heavily weigh in on talent AND looks. known to do the unexpected and heavily Japan influenced. for instance, the whole 13 boy band and marketing a "project group" that had a chinese name just to fit the chinese market, hoping to do the morning museum thing with SG, bringing back acapella, forming a successful rock group amongst the pop hype of SM. very into the whole comrodery(?) of the company for the public eye but not necesarily in private.

Guest ixLoveXse7en

i think when it comes to that issue...they might be more lenient (sp?)...didn't xiahunko say that they were trying to get away from the "company that only goes for looks" (something like that) image? and like...i think you just hafta look decent or maybe as long as you can be "saved" *cough cough* if you know what i mean...

edit: found it ^_^

oh ok thanks for the info. haha I guess I was wrong then anyways I lost hope and I dont believed that I will be getting a call back from SM. So good luck to the others that audition make your dream come ture.

http://ilikepop.com/audition/

"you can watch peoples audition at S. Korea"

Guest SophiaSan

^ I thought you were Japanese.... isn't Sakamoto a japanese last name?

Anyways, I've given up too. :(

I'm still waiting and checking my email, but I don't think I made it....

hehe im half japanese xD

but on my app. I said just I was Chinese...lmao

i got a call back..i danced. :]

oh yayy!! thats awesome! give us the details pls :3

Guest iSNT LiFE JUiCY

hehe im half japanese xD

but on my app. I said just I was Chinese...lmao

oh yayy!! thats awesome! give us the details pls :3

i think if you had said your were half japanese and half chinese..it would have caught their attention more..

Guest lovablekrnstar63

xiahukno's post was so longg

i thought i read it all but i guess i skimmed some parts subconscioulsy

its nice to hear SM's actually gonna sign on talent now, instead of looks =]

well then

that just increase's soompi's chances by like 1000x

(haha, i'm just gonna refer to soompi as one person now)

but i wonder like the probability for someone to get a call

let's see..

there was average 350 people per city

(i'm not sure a/b that though.. in OC there was 200 but i know in like other cities they have a lot more.. i guessed to around 350)

and they went to around 10 cities

so thats 3500 people

and let's say they sign on

mm

5 people

(again, that's just my speculation)

so if you were the best out of

700 people (5/3500 = 1/700)

then you will get a call!

thats sorta more depressing than it is optimistic haha

maybe there were more people that auditioned

and maybe sm will take more than 5 people

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

lovablekrnstar63: i agree...^_^ except i think the chances might be a little bigger than that...not by a whole lot though...but we'll never know...like i've said before...SM is unpredictable...

what happened to some of the ppl that got callbacks (aka private auditions)?

Guest SophiaSan

i think if you had said your were half japanese and half chinese..it would have caught their attention more..

but my a friend told me that koreans dont like japanese people xD

i mean i thought about it logically...

SM TOWN is holding auditions in China and Taiwan

but then they didnt hold auditions in Japan?

is namie amuro under SM?

Guest ginaaax3

Hey, I don't know if this goes to this thread,

But I haven't auditioned for a number of reasons

one. my mom doesn't allow it

two. somebody told me that since i'm half french and half korean (eurasian) I heard people won't really like me, cause they can see a lot of difference in looks from me than any other halfs like chinese/korean. So like if I do something bad, and sing really weird they'll think "no wonder, it's cause she's half." so it's like a risk. i don't really think it's true, but what do you guys think? like will they not be that popular? and would SM accept them if they could sing decent, and looks decent. say I had great potential (i'm not saying i do.)

three. i was thinking since i'm eurasian if i ever make it in they could use to go to the europian music industry, i don't think they're plannign for it in the near future, but IF they did. LOL.

Guest shiwon&ryowook

is namie amuro under SM?

HEY! my brother is Japanese! and he auditioned..!--they didnt really mind~

actually Japanese are okay to SM. Since SM is trying to over-rule the Japanese Market!~

so but if u did put ur other half which was japanese!~ it probably would be a good profile!~ ^^

but then Chinese is okay too!.. cos Some SM artists are in the chinese market! Aswell~

Namie Amuro? hmm... i remember she is under Avex! which is owned by Mflo...the korean dude!~and is also connected to SM..

so maybe she is==" hehe im not too sure==----

Guest lovablekrnstar63

hehegraceyi:

what do you mean?

b/c she got 1st place she gets in w/o another audition?

or what, i'm confused

anyways

you guys can call me chloe instead of copy&pasting my username

=]

Guest iSNT LiFE JUiCY

is namie amuro under SM?

oh really? i read somewhere that there was this girl who said she was half and half and the judges were really interested..i ono..arghh..stupid sm...end the suspense already.

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

i thought variety and being different was good...:huh: well, different in a good way of course...but i dunno...maybe it's just me >.<

Guest iSNT LiFE JUiCY

oh ok thanks for the info. haha I guess I was wrong then anyways I lost hope and I dont believed that I will be getting a call back from SM. So good luck to the others that audition make your dream come ture.

http://ilikepop.com/audition/

"you can watch peoples audition at S. Korea"

hey i tried that website but then i cant read the korean..when i click "view" it tells me i need to login..do i need a login name and stuff?

Namie Amuro? hmm... i remember she is under Avex! which is owned by Mflo...the korean dude!~and is also connected to SM..

so maybe she is==" hehe im not too sure==----

M-Flo doesn't own Avex. They're part of a sub-label of Avex called Rhythm Zone. Nor is it one dude... it's two guys~ Verbal is Korean, but the other guy is Japanese. But Verbal does own a label called espionage records. SM and Avex are connected because SM artists that release things in Japan (like DBSK and BoA) are under Avex, and Tenjo Chiki is under Rhythm Zone which is also part of Avex~

*edit*

SophiaSakamoto Namie isn't signed with SM. SM just advertises for a few of Avex's artists' Japanese albums/singles, because I don't think any of Avex's mainstream artists actually release anything in Korean in Korea... so there's no need for them to be signed to SM. SM probably just advertises things for Avex to keep things friendly~ or they might be getting paid. Who knows?

Archived