[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

On 27/10/2016 at 1:16 PM, irenetan said:
On 26/10/2016 at 8:28 AM, biblioklept said:

So... I wonder if this drama will ever see the light of the day. :frown:

https://cnewsdevotee.wordpress.com/2016/10/22/entertainment-update-news-and-dramas/

As SARFT has banned all dramas that has Korean actors in it :tears:

I hope they changed their mind....

Please tell me this is not for real. :bawling:

from the article: "This subject is a hot topic right now as SARFT (the government body that regulates the film/television industry in China) has now officially banned Korean dramas altogether. Now, K-dramas can no longer be broadcast online as well as on TV. The reason for banning K-dramas (and Korean actors) is that these dramas have had such a negative impact on Chinese people causing exhaustion (lack of sleep due to watching these dramas) and even death. Moreover, SARFT says that it will review each episode of shows to evaluate whether elements included can be shown on television and online.

the news about SARFT banning Korean projects and Korean actors came out since W-Two Worlds was still on its middle airing time but still we saw how the so-banned actors ended up having projects in China and made new contract in there: Lee Jun Ki's drama "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Ryeo" is still airing and is hugely successful in there and his chinese movie "Never Said Goodbye" got released after the banning news and it grossed 2.7 M$, W-Two Worlds was sold and is cuurently airing in China and it's successful in there and even Lee Jong Seok had a mobile with his name that is created by a chinese company and will be in sale in November!! so I really don't know how much we can take on account this banning thing since it looks like it's not really banning the actors with huge success and fan base in China as we can see!! :) don't lose hope chingudeul and as long as there is no official news about banning "Jade Lover" at this time we can still hope that it will be broadcasted and won't get shelved!! :)Fighting chingudeul!! :D 

cr: owner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

from the article: "This subject is a hot topic right now as SARFT (the government body that regulates the film/television industry in China) has now officially banned Korean dramas altogether. Now, K-dramas can no longer be broadcast online as well as on TV. The reason for banning K-dramas (and Korean actors) is that these dramas have had such a negative impact on Chinese people causing exhaustion (lack of sleep due to watching these dramas) and even death. Moreover, SARFT says that it will review each episode of shows to evaluate whether elements included can be shown on television and online.

the news about SARFT banning Korean projects and Korean actors came out since W-Two Worlds was still on its middle airing time but still we saw how the so-banned actors ended up having projects in China and made new contract in there: Lee Jun Ki's drama "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Ryeo" is still airing and is hugely successful in there and his chinese movie "Never Said Goodbye" got released after the banning news and it grossed 2.7 M$, W-Two Worlds was sold and is cuurently airing in China and it's successful in there and even Lee Jong Seok had a mobile with his name that is created by a chinese company and will be in sale in November!! so I really don't know how much we can take on account this banning thing since it looks like it's not really banning the actors with huge success and fan base in China as we can see!! :) don't lose hope chingudeul and as long as there is no official news about banning "Jade Lover" at this time we can still hope that it will be broadcasted and won't get shelved!! :)Fighting chingudeul!! :D 

@sakura2016 Thank you for your reassuring words. I'm puzzled too since from what I heard, some Korean celebrities seem unaffected by it and can still proceed with activities/ events in China. November is coming... hopefully we can hear good news soon! :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, irenetan said:

@sakura2016 Thank you for your reassuring words. I'm puzzled too since from what I heard, some Korean celebrities seem unaffected by it and can still proceed with activities/ events in China. November is coming... hopefully we can hear good news soon! :rolleyes:

hope so too!! :D yes I think the celebreties with much established and huge fanbase in China aren't/won't be affected by this banning thing!! it's also not for China's benefit to go for it with all the well loved Korean celebraties since it will affect her as well if they try to so the best they'll do if they'll try to keep it is to menimise the collaboration between China and Korea specially with new rising celebreties who didn't make it big yet in China!! 

On 10/30/2016 at 2:50 AM, sakura2016 said:

cr: owner

Thank you for this info. I'm really glad reading this. Because I watch Ice Fantasy and it was not airing for a week because there is Kim Hee Sun in it (she is just a supporting character not a main) and I got worried.

I'm still hoping for this drama :rolleyes: I don't mind for the dub even though it might be bother me but anyway, Zheng Shuang and Lee Jong Suk's drama has to happen! :blush:

7 hours ago, biblioklept said:

Thank you for this info. I'm really glad reading this. Because I watch Ice Fantasy and it was not airing for a week because there is Kim Hee Sun in it (she is just a supporting character not a main) and I got worried.

I'm still hoping for this drama :rolleyes: I don't mind for the dub even though it might be bother me but anyway, Zheng Shuang and Lee Jong Suk's drama has to happen! :blush:

you're welcome chingu!! :) I know how you feel because I was worried like you but till now I only heard of switching or/and stoping projects of Korean ceelebreties who doesn't have much fan base in China unlike Lee Jong Seok and Lee Jun Ki so I'm not worried anymore from the way things are going!! let's hope for the best and keep our hope that we will get the drama in our small screen really soon!! :D 

On 10/29/2016 at 3:50 PM, sakura2016 said:

don't lose hope chingudeul and as long as there is no official news about banning "Jade Lover" at this time we can still hope that it will be broadcasted and won't get shelved!! :)Fighting chingudeul!! :D 

Thanks for these reassuring words chingu:D I guess we still don't have any info when this will be aired yet:crazy: keeping my fingers crossed we get to see Jade Lovers soon. 

3e501ce36aae7accea0a74dbd3793972.jpg

07-11-2016 [new update] #Jade_Lovers  Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人 is a c-drama dubbed as #DiamondLovers2 , produced by #DMG  Entertainment in an attempt to repeat the success of a Korean-Chinese collaboration by casting #LeeJongSuk  opposite #ZhengShuang . . Set in the 1930s, the story centers around Shen Chen Xi, the daughter of a former magnate whose family falls to ruin after going bankrupt. Her experiences thereafter help hergrow from someone muddled in loveto an inspirational goddess. #BaiLuoHan  is a man treading morally ambiguous territory by working indiscriminately with both good and bad. Whilst he appears cold and calculating on the outside,inside is a kind-hearted man constantly on the lookout for Chen Xi.

By: @KPOP_KDRAMA_KFAN

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, pinocchioAsh said:

Please tell me that this drama isn't cancelled.. :(

China is really going ahead with the ban??

it looks like this drama isn't airing...:bawling:

China To Ban Korean Entertainment In Retaliation For Missile Defense System

It looks like China may very well be following through on threats to block Korean content from the country.

This past weekend, a Chinese entertainment company reported that the prohibition order on Hallyu content in China had been upgraded.

Although the prohibition has not been made official, the report states that Korean dramas, films, variety programs, and remakes will be banned from broadcast in China.

Some of the restrictions reportedly outlined in the prohibition are:

• A ban on Korean organizations filming in Korea
  • A ban on investing in new Korean agencies
  • A ban on Korean idol concerts with over 10,000 audience members
  • A ban on Korean-Chinese collaborative projects
  • A ban on broadcasting dramas with Korean actors

These bans include satellite broadcasts and online video sites.

It appears that these measures by the Chinese government are a result of the decision made early July by the United States and Korea to deploy THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) in South Korea — in defense against missile threats from North Korea, to which China had been adamantly opposed.

cr: http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/20/china-ban-korean-entertainment-retaliation-missile-defense-system/

Every single person who worked on this drama including the staff and the casts worked so hard on this drama and now there's a chance that they will be cancelling it because of politics reasons... Sometimes I really hate politics.

I just wish that they will release this drama somehow... but they are blocking this drama both on TV and online... :/

But we haven't heard anything so far so there is a chance that it could air. Hopefully they do air this. I really do want to see this

Archived