gJzAOf.jpg

Production period: January 2016 -  April 2016

Theme: Modern Legend

Filming Date: February 2016

Director: Jin Hyuk

Cast: Lee Jong Suk -  Zheng Shuang 

Contractual party: DMG

Broadcast:  

Broadcast station: Zhejiang, Anhui Television (plan for now)

No of Episodes: 35

Broadcast time: 30 Scripts, 50 episode (plan for now), 45 mins per episode

It's a Korean-Chinese joint production drama, which will reunite him with his Doctor Stranger director Jin Hyuk. The drama is a fantasy romance called Jade Lovers and the project will be quite the blockbuster, with a production budget of 40 billion won and a partnership with DMG Entertainment (Iron Man 3). Set in the 1930s, the drama is looking to cast a top Chinese actress to co-star opposite Lee Jong-seok, to begin filming in Shanghai and Hengdien in January. [DongA]

Jade Lover is the second story of China’s Carat Lovers Series. The first is the hit drama Diamond Lover which was starred by Rain. Jade Lover and Diamond Lover are two different stories, after the audience watch Jade Lover, the audience can find out which style of love you are having with your lover by comparing it with Diamond Lover.

Source: Dramabeans + 李钟硕咖啡吧+ Viki

Plot Summary 1

The story is about a woman who is confused about her feelings, a “female neurotic” who experienced a change from “princess to female servant” and how she become a goddess amidst all these difficulties, and her love-hate relationship with a CEO (who is back from overseas) living in between the bright and dark sides of the world, how they find their real self in the their love and get a brilliant life in the process. Because the story background is imaginary, so the space for plot development is going to be wider, and the love it will demonstrate is going to be purer, it will be based on 1930s Western vintage romantic style and it will bring the audience grand visual enjoyment. Jade Lover and Diamond Lover are two different stories, after the audience watch Jade Lover, the audience can find out which style of love you are having with your lover by comparing it with Diamond Lover.

The love story background is set in the center of jewelry trade in the 1930s, between the heirs of two Chinese rival families heirs.

Lee Jong Suk will be the second son of a new emerging jewelry trade family, a modern boy who is gentle on the outside, but tough inside. 

(Original News)

Source:  amyhsk

Jade Lover 57 Mins Trailer

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Cr: Lee Jong Suk JSHINE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Jong Suk Chooses His Next Role

BY Julie Jones | Dec 23, 2015 08:05 AM EST

Lee Jong Suk
(Photo : Pinocchio)

Lee Jong Suk's next drama will be a Korean-Chinese production. Lee was eager to take the role because it offers him another chance to work with producer Jin Hyuk. The actor and producer worked together on two very different dramas,  "Prosecutor Princess" and "Doctor Stranger."

According to the Korean media outlet Korea Times, Lee's new project is tentatively titled "Jade Lover" The upcoming SBS drama is being co-produced by Jin and the Hong Kong media group DMG.

"Jade Lover" is a fantasy-romance series set in the 1930s and filming begins in Shanghai in January.

"Jade Lover" will be the actor's first drama in over a year but, according to his agency Wellmade Yedang, he has been busy researching new projects.

"Lee has sufficiently rested since 'Pinocchio' from earlier this year, and he's also looking at scenarios for other domestic movies and TV dramas for next year,"  said Wellmade Yedang representative. "Soon, he'll decide on which project to join and will return to South Korean TV."

Lee Jong Suk having chosen another drama is big news, but the salary that he will earn for "Jade Lover" is also newsworthy. It has been reported that he will earn over $5 million for the 30-episode series.

Not bad for an actor who only debuted 10 years ago as a runway model. The 26-year-old began his acting career when he appeared in a short film titled "Sympathy." Since then he has had a string of successful dramas including "School 2013" with Kim Woo Bin and Jang Nara, "Can I Hear Your Voice" with Lee Bo Young and Yoon Sang Hyun, "Doctor Stranger" with Jin se Yeon and Kang So Ra, and most recently "Pinocchio" with Park Shin Hye.

Lee also appeared in several films, including "The Face Reader," "Hot Young Bloods" and "No Breathing."

He is the youngest actor ever to win the prestigious Grimae Award for Best Male Actor for his role in "Pinocchio."

Are you excited about his new drama?

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/110989/20151223/lee-jong-suk-chooses-his-next-role.htm

Lee Jong Seok Confirms Next Project as Korean-Chinese Drama Emerald Jade Lover

Posted on December 22, 2015 by ockoala

meoai.jpg

It was clearly bound to happen, and now the when and what have been answered. Lee Jong Seok has just confirmed his next acting project, and he becomes the latest in a long string of Korean actors and actresses heading over to China to be a small fish in a much bigger pond. With Lee Jong Seok, he’s already a medium sized fish over in the Chinese pond thanks to popular in China K-dramas like I Hear Your Voice, Dr. Stranger, and Pinocchio.

Lee Jong Seok will be the leading man in upcoming Korean-Chinese drama Emerald Jade Lover, the sister production to Rain’s hit C-drama this summer Diamond Lover. Emerald Jade Lover will be a fantasy period drama set in 1930’s Shanghai, so think the romanticism of the Bund circa famed Shanghai Bund type drama. Emerald Jade Lover will be directed by K-drama PD Jin Hyuk, reuniting him with Lee Jong Seok who he directed in Dr. Stranger. Filming starts in January in Shanghai for a three month shoot.

muds.jpg

maisa.jpg

meoa.jpg

The production of Emerald Jade Lover has confirmed that the leading lady will be an A-list Chinese actress, which narrows down the possibilities to the handful that have been starring in drama after drama in recent years – namely Tang Yan, Zhao Li Ying, Liu Shi Shi, and Zheng Shuang. Crystal Liu is busy with the movie version of Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles Peach Blossoms, while Yang Mi is going to be doing the drama version of that same story. I doubt movie stalwarts like Bai Bai HeFan Bing Bing, Sun Li, or Zhao Wei will be lured to do a drama like this, so really it’s the first four ladies I named who have the biggest chance of getting the role. Personally I’d go for Zhao Li Ying, she’s adorable and I can see her shining in an early Republic era period role.

Cr : koalasplayground

Lee Jong Suk cast in his first Chinese drama, 'Jade Sweetheart'

December 23, 2015 @ 3:13 am

lee-jong-suk_1450857365_af_org.jpg

Lee Jong Suk has been cast in his first ever Chinese drama, 'Jade Sweetheart'.

SEE ALSO: Lee Jong Suk may be on the hunt for a new agency?

The actor will once again be working with director Jin Hyuk, who was at the head of his debut drama 'Prosecutor Princess' as well as the hit drama 'Doctor Stranger'. Lee Jong Suk is said to have been board immediately after being asked to star in the Chinese-Korean collaborative project. 

His payment for the 30-part drama series is also causing a stir. Lee Jong Suk is said to be making $5.1 million (6 billion Won) in total, which insiders say is up there for an actor. 

Lee Jong Suk starts filming for 'Jade Sweetheart' this coming January. Stay tuned for updates!

https://www.facebook.com/allkpop/?fref=ts

it's weird that i'm typing this comment without any lne for pages above hahahah .. anyway i'm happy to be one of the firsts for the "birth" of this thread :)

i just wanna ask .. i heard that the filming will start 18/01 and finish 30/04 of 2016 and the broadcasting will be in winter 2016 ?? so that means the drama will be pre-produced right ?? which explains why ouri ljs is looking for local project for the start of the year right ?? 

another thing ? i read in one of the articles that it's a joint projct between SBS and DMG ? does that mean it'll be broadcasted on SBS ?? and does that mean that maybe the drama will be part of the sbs drama awards ?? 

sorryyyyyyyy too many questions i know .. and we'll figure it out through time i know .. but i'm just curious :P:P 

Guest Sandy5959

My honor to be one of the first posts on this thread LOL :D This is our boy first come back proj after 1 year so I'm looking forward to it very much. Fighting Jong Suk ah~ We'll always by your side! :heart: 

Since there are only 3 weeks left so hope the producers will update more info about the plots soon.

1 hour ago, MarieJose said:

it's weird that i'm typing this comment without any lne for pages above hahahah .. anyway i'm happy to be one of the firsts for the "birth" of this thread :)

i just wanna ask .. i heard that the filming will start 18/01 and finish 30/04 of 2016 and the broadcasting will be in winter 2016 ?? so that means the drama will be pre-produced right ?? which explains why ouri ljs is looking for local project for the start of the year right ?? 

another thing ? i read in one of the articles that it's a joint projct between SBS and DMG ? does that mean it'll be broadcasted on SBS ?? and does that mean that maybe the drama will be part of the sbs drama awards ?? 

sorryyyyyyyy too many questions i know .. and we'll figure it out through time i know .. but i'm just curious :P:P 

yeh seems it ll be a preproduced drama :)

dunno abt sbs but they may air it too but don'tt think it ll be during prime time

11 minutes ago, pinocchioash_stv said:

He hasn't confirmed about his contract renewal with his agency, yet, has he?

no nothing official yet 

6 minutes ago, Sandy5959 said:

My honor to be one of the first post on this thread LOL :D This is our boy first come back proj after 1 year so I'm looking forward to it very much. Fighting Jong Suk ah~ We'll always by your side! :heart: 

Since there are only 3 weeks left so hope the producers will update more info about the plots soon.

welcome here hahahah

1 hour ago, MarieJose said:

yeh seems it ll be a preproduced drama :)

dunno abt sbs but they may air it too but don'tt think it ll be during prime time

11 minutes ago, pinocchioash_stv said:

He hasn't confirmed about his contract renewal with his agency, yet, has he?

no nothing official yet 

6 minutes ago, Sandy5959 said:

My honor to be one of the first post on this thread LOL :D This is our boy first come back proj after 1 year so I'm looking forward to it very much. Fighting Jong Suk ah~ We'll always by your side! :heart: 

welcome here hahahah

Lee Jong-suk Casted for Korean-Chinese Drama

3v58s89mzrehvq5lw8pr1fex4nocqqri.jpg
[by Yoonjung Yi] Actor Lee Jong-suk has been casted for an upcoming Korean-Chinese drama ‘Jade Lover (working title)’ of 400 million dollar scale. 

‘Jade Lover’ is a fantasy romance drama set in the 1930s, which is funded by global media group DMG that also invested on ‘Ironman 3’ and ‘Point Break’. 

The filming will start in January of 2016 at Shanghai and Hengdian in China. As the film will focus on the stage, costumes, and artistry, Lee Jong-suk is expected to present a completely different charm. 

Meanwhile, Lee Jong-suk is currently revising the scripts for films and dramas in Korea for the first half of the year. (photo by Wellmade Yedang)

http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=27434

Lee Jong-suk considering role in $40 million production Jade Lover

Posted by: Steven , December 23, 2015

This post is also available in: Chinese (Simplified), Korean

Actor Lee Jong-suk who debuted in the 2010 drama Prosecutor Princess, teams up with director Jin Hyuk who is most famous for the hit drama Doctor Stranger in 2014. Both are part of a Korean and Chinese collaboration $40 million masterpiece called Jade Lover (working title, and direct translation).

the $40 million masterpiece Jade lover, is going to be a fantasy romance drama. Jade Lover is going to be DMG Entertainment(which did co-production and distribution in China for Hollywood movies Ironman 3 and Point Break)’s most anticipated project of 2016.

Jade Lover is a fantasy romance drama set in the 1930s with great effort put into the backgrounds costume, art and atmosphere. Lww Jong-suk puts in a performance that shows a completely different side of his charm.

According to Lee Jong-suk’s talent agency, he will definitely review the script for the movie and drama, in the first half of 2016 and decide if he will be part of the production. Actors are expected to be clamouring for roles in the project.

Article by Han Jihee of Get It K, Photos by Get It K DB

Copyright ⓒ Get It K(getitk.com), All Rights Reserved

http://www.getitk.com/20151223-lee-jong-suk-considering-role-in-40-million-production-jade-lover/?lang=en

Thanks for this thread @Rania Zeid

i'm so excited to see him in 1930's style...and to see his dark side too. Talking about the big budget, i admit having high expectation for this drama. I'm Just curious about how would their lines be? One speaks korean & the other speaks mandarin? Funny tho! 

btw, how do we get to watch the drama? Do we need to register for tudou or any other Cdrama site?

i'm so excited to see him in 1930's style...and to see his dark side too. Talking about the big budget, i admit having high expectation for this drama. I'm Just curious about how would their lines be? One speaks korean & the other speaks mandarin? Funny tho! 

btw, how do we get to watch the drama? Do we need to register for tudou or any other Cdrama site?

7 minutes ago, aydenJ said:

he ll speak korean and his voice will be duped i i think :D face palm hahahaha

we dunno yet .. we ll have to wait where they ll aire it and which online sites will buy the rights to air it

Just now, mygirls said:

@Rania Zeid can't hide from me...I found you:lol:....so many questions but it's okay I got my answers and looking forward to the drama...360 degree spin kiss from pd nim .... :).....

I'll see you all ladies.  Have fun, fun, fun... I'm sure he will do well in this drama.  I'm IN :blush:

welcome here sweetie ... hope we ll hold on here  till the drama ends hahahaha 

Drama news bites: December 23, 2015

by javabeans | December 23, 2015 

leejongseok_100.jpg

I know we usually post our weekly round-up of news bites on the weekend, but I’m tossing out another set this time since there were lots of minor stories piling up mid-week. May as well get to them!

• Lee Jong-seok is heading to China in a Korean-Chinese joint production drama, which will reunite him with his Doctor Stranger director Jin Hyuk. (That drama may have been nutballs, but both are way better at their respective jobs than that, so I’m looking on this news favorably.) The drama is a fantasy romance called Jade Lovers and the project will be quite the blockbuster, with a production budget of 40 billion won and a partnership with DMG Entertainment (Iron Man 3). Set in the 1930s, the drama is looking to cast a top Chinese actress to co-star opposite Lee Jong-seok, to begin filming in Shanghai and Hengdien in January. [DongA]

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/12/drama-news-bites-december-23-2015/

____________________________________________-

Lee Jong Suk Confirms Casting in Korean-Chinese Drama

Lee-Jong-Suk.png

Popular actor Lee Jong Suk is set to make his acting comeback through a large-scale Korean-Chinese drama, tentatively titled “Jade Lover.”

His agency Wellmade Yedang confirmed the news on December 23, stating, “After receiving a casting offer from director Jin Hyuk, we have decided to have Lee Jong Suk appear on ‘Jade Lover,’ a Chinese-Korean co-production with a budget of 40 billion won ($40 million).”

Lee Jong Suk and director Jin Hyuk have previously worked together on “Doctor Stranger” and “Prosecutor Princess.

According to reports, the drama is partially funded and produced by global media groupDMG Entertainment, which has created Hollywood hits like “Iron Man 3″ and “Point Break.”

Set in the 1930s, the fantasy romance story is said to offer viewers top quality entertainment in terms of sets, costumes, and arts. The filming is expected to begin in January with locations in Shanghai and Hengdian.

Lee Jong Suk will reportedly be acting alongside a Chinese top actress whose identity has yet to be revealed.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/22/lee-jong-suk-confirms-casting-in-korean-chinese-drama/

CW4jw9WUkAAqvPE.jpg

Cr:  Lee Jong Suk JSHINE

___________________________________--

Actor Lee Jong-suk cast for Korean-Chinese drama

tumblr_inline_nzss69fQxT1sp3v51_540.png

South Korean actor Lee Jong-suk has been cast for an upcoming South Korean-Chinese soap opera, which will be his first drama in more than a year, his agency said Wednesday. 

Lee had been asked to play in a number of TV series, but he chose to work with producer Jin Hyuk, who he has done two shows with before, Wellmade Yedang said.

“Jade Lover,” which is the working title of the fantasy romance series, is set in the 1930s and will be filmed in Shanghai starting next month.

The show will be jointly produced by Jin of the South Korean terrestrial network SBS and Hong Kong media group DMG, the agency added.

“Lee has sufficiently rested since ‘Pinocchio’ from earlier this year, and he’s also looking at scenarios for other domestic movies and TV dramas for next year,” a Wellmade Yedang official said. “Soon, he’ll decide on which project to join, and will return to the South Korean TV.” (Yonhap) 

Article: Kpopherald 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201512231357386938712_2

Lee Jong Suk to headline new Korean-Chinese drama ‘Jade Lover’

Dec 23, 2015 

tumblr_inline_nzssegheEJ1sp3v51_540.png

It has been reported on December 23rd that actor Lee Jong Suk will join producer Jin Hyuk for new Korean-Chinese drama ‘Jade Lover’ (working title).

Lee’s agency Wellmade Yedang revealed, “Lee Jong Suk recently received an offer from producer Jin Hyuk to appear in ‘Jade Lover,’ and he has decided to accept it after thinking over it. This drama will have a budget of 40 billion won. Although he has received many offers within and outside Korea, Lee Jong Suk has decided to join Jin Hyuk with whom he had worked with previously. This will be Lee’s first drama in more than a year.”

The drama will be jointly produced by Jin of the South Korean terrestrial network SBS and Hong Kong media group DMG, with the latter behind Hollywood blockbusters like ‘Iron Man 3’ and ‘Point Break,’ and will be treating ‘Jade Lovers’ as one of their highlight projects of 2016.

‘Jade Lovers’ is set in the 1930s, and will have a story with elements of fantasy, romance, and love. Filming will begin in Shanghai starting next month, and Lee Jong Suk will be acting alongside a popular Chinese actress whose identity will be revealed soon.

By: Alvin
Copyright :@KpopFighting.com

thou a sihouette poster was removed yst, CEO of Jade Lover Production team reblogged his old post n said 'welcome'

Embedded image permalink

Cr:  rainy9 

Lee Jong Suk to headline new Korean-Chinese drama ‘Jade Lover’

Dec 23, 2015 

tumblr_inline_nzssegheEJ1sp3v51_540.png

It has been reported on December 23rd that actor Lee Jong Suk will join producer Jin Hyuk for new Korean-Chinese drama ‘Jade Lover’ (working title).

Lee’s agency Wellmade Yedang revealed, “Lee Jong Suk recently received an offer from producer Jin Hyuk to appear in ‘Jade Lover,’ and he has decided to accept it after thinking over it. This drama will have a budget of 40 billion won. Although he has received many offers within and outside Korea, Lee Jong Suk has decided to join Jin Hyuk with whom he had worked with previously. This will be Lee’s first drama in more than a year.”

The drama will be jointly produced by Jin of the South Korean terrestrial network SBS and Hong Kong media group DMG, with the latter behind Hollywood blockbusters like ‘Iron Man 3’ and ‘Point Break,’ and will be treating ‘Jade Lovers’ as one of their highlight projects of 2016.

‘Jade Lovers’ is set in the 1930s, and will have a story with elements of fantasy, romance, and love. Filming will begin in Shanghai starting next month, and Lee Jong Suk will be acting alongside a popular Chinese actress whose identity will be revealed soon.

By: Alvin
Copyright :@KpopFighting.com

thou a sihouette poster was removed yst, CEO of Jade Lover Production team reblogged his old post n said 'welcome'

Embedded image permalink

Cr:  rainy9 

Archived