[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2019 ] The Legend of White Snake 新白娘子传奇 (Alan yu and Ju Jing Yi )

RPM

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

u know they just re-broadcast the one with YangZi in it and i was like seeing this series is getting another re-make ... lol

dont know what to think about it. :D 

What?? They are going to remake The Legend of Yunxi?!! Noo!! Only Jingyi and Zhang Zhehan are the OTP for me :)!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maggie Chen who played green snake in the original 1992 drama will star in this series as Yu Fu Rong (not sure what character that is). Cecilia Yip who played Xu Xian in the 1992 drama will star as Xu Xian's mother in this series. l'm disappointed Angie Chiu is not mentioned. Let's hope she still makes a small cameo. I know she played a goddess in the other white snake adaptation recently.

See photos in Sina article.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Jan 15!!!! It is coming out on Jan 15!!! I think it is going to be out on iQiyi network? The trailer shows that. Just like it was for TLOYX too!!

I am psyched for this drama!!! 2 more days!!! 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Not sure yet lols.......maybe I will maybe I won’t or maybe till they finish airing it first

Really  this one is scheduled for Jan 15....but on official weibo there's No update about this 

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

lets wait...i check again and will let you guys know lols...

im at office now....not good to open forum and then weibo also :D 

hehe yes!! Let us know!! What a bummer, no announcement yet!! I have been waiting for this drama. I tried to watch The Story of Minglan, but the beginning is boring. I couldn't get to it.

I like the cast, the CGI effects, the sceneries, and the costumes in The Legend of White Snake.

Please do not divert too much from the original plot with the integration of cartoonish elements evident in Yang Zi's version.

19 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols i think they did release another series in cartoon too this year :D

I saw the trailer for the animated film, it looks very well done and tasteful! I'm hoping it will come to select theaters in the U.S. since it is produced by Warner Bros.

As far as this 2019 drama goes, does anyone think the male lead will gain powers? Or perhaps show scenes of their past lives together? So far I've only watched the 1993 version when I was little and was not aware they had a past life story which I noticed seem to be what the previous snake drama with Yang Zi was about.

Archived