[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2019 ] The Legend of White Snake 新白娘子传奇 (Alan yu and Ju Jing Yi )

RPM

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, rosierosie said:

^The cartoon trailer looks good!!! I love to see it when it comes out. 

I cannot remember, but is there a green snake in the drama too, or maybe I am thinking of a different snake drama???

Yes there was a green snake. I think that character is pretty much a given bound to accompany white snake.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:01 AM, ebullient said:

I like the cast, the CGI effects, the sceneries, and the costumes in The Legend of White Snake.

Please do not divert too much from the original plot with the integration of cartoonish elements evident in Yang Zi's version.

Yes, the JJY/YML version, having seen just the trailer, is looking good. From what I've read, this 1992 remake will largely stick to the plot of the original 1992 version but with some novel interpretation somewhere, and lesser songs, lesser episode count. Doesn't seem to have cartoonish effects though, lol. One is more than enough, I guess. Luckily, that Yang Zi version was 'bearable to pretty fun' because of the OTP :wub:.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:32 AM, angelangie said:

lols i think they did release another series in cartoon too this year :D

Indeed, there is an animation movie. But, surprisingly, it's pretty good, if you love animation movies (like I do). :blink:

47530ae7ly1fz4w6r9hngj20z21lvwkv.jpg006-Zu-U83ly1fz86fmc26tj30g40qltba.jpg

Spoiler

6b39d90bly1fz86yso2jyj20u019pthq.jpg

47530ae7ly1fz4w6olupfj20u01hc7om.jpg

CR: Images to original sources.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:29 AM, rosierosie said:

^The cartoon trailer looks good!!! I love to see it when it comes out. 

I cannot remember, but is there a green snake in the drama too, or maybe I am thinking of a different snake drama???

The animation movie is pretty good. There is a green snake in the drama. How could they leave it out? It's one of the main characters in the plot.

Actress Xiao Yan is the green snake spirit for the remake.   

å°é

Apparently (hearsay but not official) coming in April, 2019. Can't wait!

On 1/25/2019 at 2:06 AM, Sobayaki said:

As far as this 2019 drama goes, does anyone think the male lead will gain powers? Or perhaps show scenes of their past lives together?

Powers for XX? Haven't read anything to that effect. As for their past lives, there's some chatter and that may be shown. We'll have to just wait and see. :) 

I wonder is it because of this drama that is why he was not in Peach Blossoms 2.  I like his looks in PB more than this one.  Didn't yanzi did this story not too long ago, why they go and make another one.  Sometimes I wish they don't re-cycle so much of the old stories.  Every 10 years maybe.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 12:31 PM, ebullient said:

I like the cast, the CGI effects, the sceneries, and the costumes in The Legend of White Snake.

Please do not divert too much from the original plot with the integration of cartoonish elements evident in Yang Zi's version.

what is this story abot

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

what is this story abot

It is a Chinese folk tale. It's about a White Snake, she cultivate herself for 100 years to become human. Then, she falls in love with a handsome human guy :).

@angelangie, hahaha I'm running out of patience :P

15 hours ago, angelangie said:

well u still need to hold to it or whatever is left of it....

there were couple of projects that i had been following but with no air date as yet too lols

You're stronger than me!!! Haha, yeah I'm holding on to my very thin line of patience.

20 hours ago, chengdy said:

Will Viki english sub this? 

Yes. It's 'Coming Soon' on Viki but no air date yet. I read somewhere that mentioned April/May. Just check back here. 

https://www.viki.com/tv/36277c-the-legend-of-white-snake

On 3/4/2019 at 8:41 AM, angelangie said:

New Drama Stills

Ohhh... they are such a feast for the eyes :) 

22 hours ago, chengdy said:

When will this air? Waiting for Alan Yu... since TMOPB I'm already a fan. Will Viki english sub this? 

Waiting still...

OMG!!! So, that is where I see him from??? No wondered he looks so familiar to me?? He was in TMOPB!!

11 hours ago, angelangie said:

oh ...u didnt knew?

he was the fav uncle in the series :D 

haha yeah I didn't know!! OMG, he was the brother of Bai Qian/Su Su!!!!

Lol, I was too focused on Ye Hua, so I forgot him! 

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

well now u can shift some of the focus here then :D 

hahaha :), yes!! But, he definitely looks more handsome and cuter to me here than in TMOPB?? Maybe it's the hair or the costume? Or because he's pair up with the actress that I like :D!!! 

I cannot wait for this to come out!!! All the things I wanna see are months plan in the future!! 

15 hours ago, angelangie said:

well now u can shift some of the focus here then :D 

Haha, he went into my focus because of that series and was the reason why I diddn't dropped All out of Love. I still think his face looks kind of weird but in a very intruging way. I can't stay away.:phew:

Archived