[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

26 minutes ago, Ninky said:

No Tang Qi’s timeline indicated specifically that the wedding was definitely fake. Author has also mentioned many times that it was a planned fake wedding from the get go, so he would not have married her even if she gave up on Minsu. 

He went to look for his beloved red fox and completely didn’t care about the “wedding” at all. He even picked a fight with Yan Chi Wu and accused him of kidnapping the red fox....

Ji Heng is nowhere in his thoughts....if at all

I wished the drama followed the book here. That would have clearly shown DH cared for his little red fox more than the wedding.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, ChibiLy said:

Interesting. From all the descriptions of her personality, I imagined she would be decked out in red.

Nope she is seen through an important person’s eyes and she wears white. And loves that colour. It’s in Lotus Step.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Sujin is lucky though, she supposed to be banished or reincarnated as animal if I remember. She's the only one who dare to use Voodo on the crown prince lol

She will have difficulties in all her mortal lives. Su Jin was too indulged by Tianjun and spoilt by her foster parents that she thought she can get away with everything. She pretends she's weak, like BQ said when she took back her eyes.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

1 minute ago, ChibiLy said:

I wished the drama followed the book here. That would have clearly shown DH cared for his little red fox more than the wedding.

You can hear that story via Yan Chi Wu after they fell in Fan Yin Valley before they fell all the way in and landed on top of Meng Shao.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, chsaf said:

That's the only positive thing about JH, that she knows how to plan something. Ok and she is also talented in artsy stuff. But the positivity stops there :phew:

And ZhiHe good with dancing. Lol I love it when FJ said it is good for celestial clan to be so forgiving that someone just need to dance to get away from punishment lol, if I were the King, I'll dig a hole in the ground and hide from embarrassments lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Just now, Donghuadijun said:

And ZhiHe good with dancing. Lol I love it when FJ said it is good for celestial clan to be so forgiving that someone just need to dance to get away from punishment lol, if I were the King, I'll dig a hole in the ground and hide from embarrassments lol

Lian Song was telling Dong Hua how she is speaking with double meaning. And said this is going to cause his father a headache hahahhaa.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Anyway I need to know about Lotus. What does Lotus role in Chinese literature or culture? I mean from the 3L3W it self, mentioned alot about Lotus. Like Yehua soul before in Kunlun, he was Golden Lotus, and also FJ mentioned something about pondarika pond and she wondered if Qingti's heart also in one of those Lotus, and now the story of LS and CY called Lotus Step. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Ji Heng is not of the demon race. Her mother is a demon girl but her father is a Water Dragon, General Meng Hao. She uses water magic like her father so she is of the god race like her father. 

You can be of the god race but live in the demon realm. A good example of this is Shao Wan. Shao Wan is a High God.

Since it seems that titles are from patriarchal lineage in demon realm, JH may not even be entitled to be a princess. Though in drama Xu Yang died, in the book he's alive and remains the red demon lord.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She will have difficulties in all her mortal lives. Su Jin was too indulged by Tianjun and spoilt by her foster parents that she thought she can get away with everything. She pretends she's weak, like BQ said when she took back her eyes.

And I am wondering why would DH gave the throne to that useless King who nothing but useless. Just know how to arrange the court but never give any solution. Even ZhongLin would make a better king. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Lian Song was telling Dong Hua how she is speaking with double meaning. And said this is going to cause his father a headache hahahhaa.

And I am wondering if Baizhen on purpose asking FJ why she smiled, I mean it was because of BZ asking her that she said something like that right? Maybe BZ still hold the grudges for what the King cause for his dear Sister lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

If DH is real, I would have give him unconditional love too! The question is.. Would he wants me? If I am not FJ.. He won't.. Ha ha

Sorry to say..no matter how much you adores DH , all you can do is just admire him from afar and pls stay out of his bed chamber because afraid you will get the same fated with those Demon's beauties..tossed out or threwed out by DH.:lol: 

His is one woman man..Xiao Bai, 

and I loved him for that.

Will be..forever one of my favourite Hero DHDJ.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, Donghuadijun said:

And I am wondering why would DH gave the throne to that useless King who nothing but useless. Just know how to arrange the court but never give any solution. Even ZhongLin would make a better king. 

Ah, but if not for this Tianjun, DH will not have the fun of half-raising Lian Song! :lol: 

This isn't the original Tianjun, if I remember correctly, to whom DH turned over his rule over the celestials. And to give credits when it's due, he made sure YH got the necessary training and discipline to be the next heavenly lord. Su Jin was raised by Lexu and Yan Cuo, and look how she turned out to be.

I also see the present Tianjun as the prime example on how not to judge prematurely, nor to see another being as lesser due to origin, length of life or magic arts skill.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Sorry to say..no matter how much you adores DH , all you can do is just admire him from afar and pls stay out of his bed chamber because afraid you will get the same fated with those Demon's beauties..tossed out or threwed out by DH.:lol: 

His is one woman man..Xiao Bai, 

and I loved him for that.

Will be..forever one of my favourite Hero DHDJ.

Lol believe me, FJ is the only woman that I don't dare to compete with.. :P, as much as I love DH, the same amount of love goes to FJ. The reason I fell in love with DH because he madly in love with FJ. Lol. Even in the dream, I dreamed about them lol. I am Cha Cha if you have to ask me what my role in their relationship lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

22 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Hopefully not FJ's aunt. Such a terrible character didn't even suit to share blood with FJ. 

Not FJ's true aunt, because Xian Nu is the youngest sister of the eldest brother's wife. FJ is 2nd brother's daughter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Lol. I just give up watching another drama and accept it that I’m addicted to the sweetness of dongfeng at least at the moment. The only show that I watch apart from this is masterchef and that because I loves food as well. :P 

What happen is I watched it in variety of sequence, for example if @MayanEcho mention any great BGM (because she is the master of BGM) that haven’t been released then I’ll end up look for that part and might as well watch the whole episode becausee why nottt right?? 
Then there is always a time @Ninky will point out some interesting insights on a scene (cause she is holding a master degree in 3L3W series and might get her doctorate soon) I will end up go back to that particular scene and watch it all over again because againnn whyyy nottt??

Then thanks to tencent’s every weekend gives us the clip of the cut scene which is practically makes me repeat that exact episodes and the next one and then the one after it and that’s when I lost count how many times have I rewatch this drama :phew:

I actually analysed the book universe a lot as I try to understand each character’s motivation in the story. 

For example, Dong Hua is in fact a very lonely person. For thousands and thousands of years, that loneliness slowly became a part of him, and people just saw him as a man who is cold, desireless, loveless and like the buddha, unaffected by feelings as time went by. 

How wrong was everyone? Inside him, lies a passionate heart. When he finally met the love of his life, the fire in his heart began to burn. He finally found a reason to exist, to really live. For the first time, someone was willing to protect him and love him without asking anything in return. It was a love given to him with no regrets. 

The red Nine tailed fox is the fire that ignited his passionate heart. Young as she is, she freely gave her heart to him and suffered so much, yet she never regretted loving him, not even when she lived in the mortal world and raised their son alone.

How could that not melt an ice face? He has his flaws but he is still a good man, he had been quietly helping mortals by creating the Hui Ming realm to absorb the three poisons so that the endless wars And chaos would stop and people can live a peaceful existence.

Anyway I digress but that’s an example of my summarised character analysis of 东华紫府少阳君 (Dong Hua, Young Sun Lord of the Purple Mansion). I have heaps more on each character in my head but it’d be too much to write :blush:.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

He gave it to said useless King’s father. And it is passed down the patriarchal line. Eventually the new Tian Jun will be Ye Hua.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ah, but if not for this Tianjun, DH will not have the fun of half-raising Lian Song! :lol: 

This isn't the original Tianjun, if I remember correctly, to whom DH turned over his rule over the celestials. And to give credits when it's due, he made sure YH got the necessary training and discipline to be the next heavenly lord. Su Jin was raised by Lexu and Yan Cuo, and look how she turned out to be.

I also see the present Tianjun as the prime example on how not to judge prematurely, nor to see another being as lesser due to origin, length of life or magic arts skill.

I think the reason he choose YH as the crown prince was because when YH was born, there were such a great phenomenon that showed YH was special. If YH was never born in his line, I am sure he would choose SangJi as his succesor ( his favourite son, having favorite, show him how unfair he is) and if he knows LS  has a phenomenon when he was born, I am sure he would favor LS instead.., even what he made YH did as he was young is cruel, i think thats also one of many things that made YH prefer to keep everything him self. When he wanted to fake his death to be with BQ, we all know being a crown prince is not what he wanted. This king is an obsessive and craving for power in my opinion but have no ability to gain it so he used his sons, grandson etc. And to be honest if it wasnt DH who told YH mom to go to Kunlun, YH won't be born into their family. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

I think the reason he choose YH as the crown prince was because when YH was born, there were such a great phenomenon that showed YH was special. If YH was never born in his line, I am sure he would choose SangJi as his succesor ( his favourite son, having favorite, show him how unfair he is) and if he knows LS  has a phenomenon when he was born, I am sure he would favor LS instead.., even what he made YH did as he was young is cruel, i think thats also one of many things that made YH prefer to keep everything him self. When he wanted to fake his death to be with BQ, we all know being a crown prince is not what he wanted. This king is an obsessive and craving for power in my opinion but have no ability to gain it so he used his sons, grandson etc. And to be honest if it wasnt DH who told YH mom to go to Kunlun, YH won't be born into their family. 

Ye Hua is not technically a part of Tian Jun‘’s dragon bloodline. He is Father God’s other twin son and brother of Mo Yuan. Mo Yuan is a dragon. That’s why Ye Hua’s soul waited for an opportunity to be reborn into a new dragon body.  

As luck would have it, the surrogate happened to be Le Xu who ingested the egg that contained Ye Hua’s soul. She is only a surrogate as she gave birth after just 7 days.

You can read about Ye Hua’s origin in how gods are born article on our blog.

@Donghuadijun that is from the show. In the book Dong Hua never told her to go to Kun Lun.

Article link:

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/how-are-the-gods-and-immortals-in-the-three-lives-three-worlds-universe-born

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

YH didn't want to be the crown prince anymore that time after meeting BQ as Su Su. He wanted the happiness he felt for the first time.

Hmm, we'll be reading more about the present Tianjun in Lotus Steps, as it is his son's story. In TMOPB drama, DH was already telling Tianjun to hand over to YH so that he can relax and be at peace like he does in Tai Chen palace.

(LOL at DH now on that, coz Tai Chen will now be a very lively place. Of course it's still a relaxing place, but he'll have to say goodbye to silence. How can it be silent when Xiao Yan is around every now and then? Or Ali hanging out with BGG. :P)

Sang Ji's birth was considered phenomenal due to the 36 colorful birds. Lian Song was born under the sea. The problem floods retreated when he was born, if I remember correctly what I previously read. That's not so visually appealing compared to Sang Ji's birds, but IMO, it's more useful. :)

Sang Ji was thought of as the brightest son, but one deity, and I'm sure many of us, think otherwise. ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

YH didn't want to be the crown prince anymore that time after meeting BQ as Su Su. He wanted the happiness he felt for the first time.

Hmm, we'll be reading more about the present Tianjun in Lotus Steps, as it is his son's story. In TMOPB drama, DH was already telling Tianjun to hand over to YH so that he can relax and be at peace like he does in Tai Chen palace.

(LOL at DH now on that, coz Tai Chen will now be a very lively place. Of course it's still a relaxing place, but he'll have to say goodbye to silence. How can it be silent when Xiao Yan is around every now and then? Or Ali hanging out with BGG. :P)

Sang Ji's birth was considered phenomenal due to the 36 colorful birds. Lian Song was born under the sea. The problem floods retreated when he was born, if I remember correctly what I previously read. That's not so visually appealing compared to Sang Ji's birds, but IMO, it's more useful. :)

Sang Ji was thought of as the brightest son, but one deity, and I'm sure many of us, think otherwise. ;)

Chang yi died no thanks to him. But if Chang Yi didn’t die then @MayanEcho that stuff you now know won’t happen that fast. Remember, there are two sides to a coin? :blush:

• Like 3