[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

For the sake of moving the conversation along, food for thought. Jiheng originally looked down on Zhihe but really she was right when she said she wasn’t any better than her.

Dong Hua looks after them both out of an obligation to their parents. What I find interesting is wondering why Jiheng thinks she is better? They must have interacted at Taichen Palace before the wedding, at least according to the book.

Is it because Jiheng scorns Zhihe for her unrequited love? Or because Zhihe was stupid enough to try to become Dong Hua’s bride (It was a brainless action because she would have gotten caught and in trouble).

If that’s it’s the first theory, Jiheng must have realized she is the in the same boat when she falls in love with Dong Hua and he really doesn’t reciprocate her affections at all.

if it’s the second option, we see Jiheng following Zhihe’s brainless path. She stupidly tries to blackmail Dong Hua. And like Zhihe, she ends up banished to an undesired location.

what about you? Why do you think Jiheng originally thought she was better than Zhihe?

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

For the sake of moving the conversation along, food for thought. Jiheng originally looked down on Zhihe but really she was right when she said she wasn’t any better than her.

Dong Hua looks after them both out of an obligation to their parents. What I find interesting is wondering why Jiheng thinks she is better? They must have interacted at Taichen Palace before the wedding, at least according to the book.

Is it because Jiheng scorns Zhihe for her unrequited love? Or because Zhihe was stupid enough to try to become Dong Hua’s bride (It was a brainless action because she would have gotten caught and in trouble).

If that’s it’s the first theory, Jiheng must have realized she is the in the same boat when she falls in love with Dong Hua and he really doesn’t reciprocate her affections at all.

if it’s the second option, we see Jiheng following Zhihe’s brainless path. She stupidly tries to blackmail Dong Hua. And like Zhihe, she ends up banished to an undesired location.

what about you? Why do you think Jiheng originally thought she was better than Zhihe?

I don't even remember that Jiheng ever think she is better than Zhihe, well that's probably because I skipped her scenes all the time eventhough I watched the drama like 10 times already, I just really can't stand her eventhough I know her purpose in the drama is to cause drama and heart breaks to our beloved couple, if I have to be honest I prefer to choose a villain that clearly is a villain than someone who was described as pure but actually "evil" in heart. Jiheng might not really did something harmful to FJ but the way she lied about the pimpon fruit or how she told FJ to stay away from DH and that FJ just a "play toy" for DH showed wickedness enough, and I really dislike that kind of character.

But let's say if JH really did thinking she is better than Zhihe, I would say again she needs a really big mirror and take a look at herself there. Both of them are identical twin, both using their parents, both are liar and both using FJ's talent and claimed as theirs. 

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

I don't even remember that Jiheng ever think she is better than Zhihe, well that's probably because I skipped her scenes all the time eventhough I watched the drama like 10 times already, I just really can't stand her eventhough I know her purpose

Been there done that and still doing the same thing. Her scenes is just not worth of my time. Once for the first time is enough :naughty:

• LOL 4

Anyway, I am watching the drama again, no matter how many times I watched it, it never make me love it less. 

My favorite scenes are 

*When FJ mistook DH as Migu haha

*Hotspring

*Tea Lesson, I mean look at DH! The way he watching FJ :wub:

*Accident Kiss when FJ fell from the snow

*DH get jealous at the Restaurant 

*When DH dab some cream, I find it sweet and creepy as well hahaha, sweet to think a high God like DH, an Emperor cares so much about FJ, and creepy to think a man just came into a woman room in the middle of night even his purpose to take care of FJ wounds, but I'll freak out too if I were FJ and DH told her to loosen up her collar :sweatingbullets:, I am not sure if DH was just wanted to take advantage or he was just that clueless lol. 

*When he told Su Moye to move to another seat LOL

*When he brings FJ to the fest and made her a flower crown and also when he propose her that he wanted to make her as his Empress 

*The Bed Scene of course eventhough the rest just lay in my own imagination lol

*When DH massage FJ feet, eventhough it wasn't the full scene but we could see he was just done massaging, I mean, an Emperor.. a DH did what?? Massage? 

*When Mengshao wanted to confess to FJ and asked time with FJ only, DH was not willing to step away hahaha

*DH feeding FJ when she was making the sword case, never seen DH as a worrysome man or someone who would worry for someone else to be starving haha but with FJ, he was so scared that she starved herself that he wanted to feed her even though at the end he was the one who finish it I guess haha. 

*Bincang Ceremony

*in Holy Blue Sea

*the Family reunited

And then the Boat Scene! 

Oh my, I think all scenes when they were together and happy are my favorite. Lol. 

Ah one more, when they just came back from Aranya Dream and Liansong keep asking if FJ ok if FJ seriously wounded etc, DH said if he said it one more time he gonna beat LS until seriously wounded lol 

And I just wondering if DH found out that when FJ stayed in Taichen Palace as the pet Fox, it was FJ who design/fix the sword blue print or if he knows that Zhihe claimed FJ's work to be hers, I really wanted DH know how FJ was treated when she was there and if he remember that he ever had an encounter with FJ as a maid eventhough he didn't look at her. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

34 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Been there done that and still doing the same thing. Her scenes is just not worth of my time. Once for the first time is enough :naughty:

Ha ha, I don't even waste much of my precious time on her during the first watch. As soon as I saw her that she's the only one wearing white in the demon realm while the rest are in black, I know she was described as pure innocent woman.. :confounded:, the only reasons I watched her was because I was a bit to late to skip the scenes or there was DH or FJ in the same scene lol

• LOL 6

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

*cough* luckily he has a young and playful wife.

Even his wife is young and playful..still can't compete with his appetite. If I remember correctly even FJ had difficulty to get up because she was too tired because DH exploration is too much ..now I don't know what does exploration mean by TangQi though... Someone need to ask her....

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 4

59 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Anyway, I am watching the drama again, no matter how many times I watched it, it never make me love it less. 

My favorite scenes are 

*When FJ mistook DH as Migu haha

*Hotspring

*Tea Lesson, I mean look at DH! The way he watching FJ :wub:

*Accident Kiss when FJ fell from the snow

*DH get jealous at the Restaurant 

*When DH dab some cream, I find it sweet and creepy as well hahaha, sweet to think a high God like DH, an Emperor cares so much about FJ, and creepy to think a man just came into a woman room in the middle of night even his purpose to take care of FJ wounds, but I'll freak out too if I were FJ and DH told her to loosen up her collar :sweatingbullets:, I am not sure if DH was just wanted to take advantage or he was just that clueless lol. 

*When he told Su Moye to move to another seat LOL

*When he brings FJ to the fest and made her a flower crown and also when he propose her that he wanted to make her as his Empress 

*The Bed Scene of course eventhough the rest just lay in my own imagination lol

*When DH massage FJ feet, eventhough it wasn't the full scene but we could see he was just done massaging, I mean, an Emperor.. a DH did what?? Massage? 

*When Mengshao wanted to confess to FJ and asked time with FJ only, DH was not willing to step away hahaha

*DH feeding FJ when she was making the sword case, never seen DH as a worrysome man or someone who would worry for someone else to be starving haha but with FJ, he was so scared that she starved herself that he wanted to feed her even though at the end he was the one who finish it I guess haha. 

*Bincang Ceremony

*in Holy Blue Sea

*the Family reunited

And then the Boat Scene! 

Oh my, I think all scenes when they were together and happy are my favorite. Lol. 

Ah one more, when they just came back from Aranya Dream and Liansong keep asking if FJ ok if FJ seriously wounded etc, DH said if he said it one more time he gonna beat LS until seriously wounded lol 

And I just wondering if DH found out that when FJ stayed in Taichen Palace as the pet Fox, it was FJ who design/fix the sword blue print or if he knows that Zhihe claimed FJ's work to be hers, I really wanted DH know how FJ was treated when she was there and if he remember that he ever had an encounter with FJ as a maid eventhough he didn't look at her. 

I liked all the scenes you listed and also:

I liked the first time DH actually laid eyes on FJ. He seemed stunned.

I found it amusing when FJ went to see DH, after the hot spring, to get her personal items back. The shameless DH made it loud and clear to many other deities, that FJ and he has something going on! 

When FJ turned back from a hanky to human form, and laid there staring at DH. It showed how no matter what she said, she couldn't resist DH.

When DH took FJ, the hanky into a fight, and FJ was falling. DH's was so alarmed and was reaching out for her. I think it was the first time DH's usual ice face cracked!

When DH and FJ reunited after 6 months. DH calmly stated what difference would  extra 6 months make. It was funny to watch, but if i was FJ, I would have physically hurt him! But nope, she broke a tree branch instead and DH's expression seemed surprised.

I really liked the time when FJ confronted the Demoness and fought her. It demonstrated FJ was smart enough to deduct what was happening. Obviously, the romantic sword dance and laying down with DH was cherry on the cake. The way DH looked at FJ, while thinking how she was the first person who tried to save him was so sweet. I just melted when I first saw that scene. 

DH putting cream on FJ was borderline creepy! Lucky FJ loves him and he is super attractive!

Oh the way they stared at each other was hot! and how DH sighed when FJ stopped the fun was amusing too. DH probably enjoyed having FJ on top of him abit too much.

Oh and all the kiss scenes too. The nose kisses/bumps, forehead kisses and on the lips. The couple is just too romantic. Usually I don't like watching the kiss scenes, just because it is usually too artificial or awkward. But my gosh, the chemistry between DH and FJ is off the chart.

Okay, I need to stop. I probably end up typing out every scene if I keep going.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Megan said:

This is my attempt to answer the question. I must say, I probably skipped too many of her scenes to provide a good answer. Anyhow, 

JH clearly have good artistic talents, beauty and maybe known to be smart. I don't remember ZH being described in such a way. Also, based on face value, JH would probably argue that DH cared enough for her, to agreed to marry her. Even though it is a fake one. So I assume because of that, JH thinks she is better then ZH.

Ironically, if I remember right, both ZH and JH thinks they love DH more then FJ, because they have known him longer. That is makes me think they are both illogical when it comes to love. You can't really argue you have more rights to love someone based on time.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

22 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I liked all the scenes you listed and also:

I liked the first time DH actually laid eyes on FJ. He seemed stunned.

I found it amusing when FJ went to see DH, after the hot spring, to get her personal items back. The shameless DH made it loud and clear to many other deities, that FJ and he has something going on! 

When FJ turned back from a hanky to human form, and laid there staring at DH. It showed how no matter what she said, she couldn't resist DH.

When DH took FJ, the hanky into a fight, and FJ was falling. DH's was so alarmed and was reaching out for her. I think it was the first time DH's usual ice face cracked!

When DH and FJ reunited after 6 months. DH calmly stated what difference would  extra 6 months make. It was funny to watch, but if i was FJ, I would have physically hurt him! But nope, she broke a tree branch instead and DH's expression seemed surprised.

I really liked the time when FJ confronted the Demoness and fought her. It demonstrated FJ was smart enough to deduct what was happening. Obviously, the romantic sword dance and laying down with DH was cherry on the cake. The way DH looked at FJ, while thinking how she was the first person who tried to save him was so sweet. I just melted when I first saw that scene. 

DH putting cream on FJ was borderline creepy! Lucky FJ loves him and he is super attractive!

Oh the way they stared at each other was hot! and how DH sighed when FJ stopped the fun was amusing too. DH probably enjoyed having FJ on top of him abit too much.

Oh and all the kiss scenes too. The nose kisses/bumps, forehead kisses and on the lips. The couple is just too romantic. Usually I don't like watching the kiss scenes, just because it is usually too artificial or awkward. But my gosh, the chemistry between DH and FJ is off the chart.

Okay, I need to stop. I probably end up typing out every scene if I keep going.

You make me want to rewatch ELoD again just for these scenes :bawling:

Why is it so hard to move on from this series?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Ironically, if I remember right, both ZH and JH thinks they love DH more then FJ, because they have known him longer. That is makes me think they are both illogical when it comes to love. You can't really argue you have more rights to love someone based on time.

Seriously...have they not heard the story of Su Jin? That evil woman actually raised Ye Hua and actually cared for him more than they did. And all that got her was the label “talkative stationary”. 

All these 2 princesses have done is just let Dong Hua care for them all these years. And if he hasn’t shown them any affection, it means he treats them as chores. Heck, even the pet fox got more affection.

18 minutes ago, triplesung said:

You make me want to rewatch ELoD again just for these scenes :bawling:

Why is it so hard to move on from this series?

Don't worry, you are not alone..anyone that I have infected with Elod are lost after the drama ends..no joke. I think someone need to edit all scenes with only DH and FJ, so it easier for people and don't need to skip the scenes he he 

• LOL 5

2 hours ago, Dreams87 said:

She is really just a minor character used as a catalyst for the story. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

But let's say if JH really did thinking she is better than Zhihe, I would say again she needs a really big mirror and take a look at herself there. Both of them are identical twin, both using their parents, both are liar and both using FJ's talent and claimed as theirs. 

Big checks! Their difference though is that ZH is acting impulsively, whereas JH's scheming are planned and timed. That's where JH is better than ZH. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donghuadijun said:

Even his wife is young and playful..still can't compete with his appetite. If I remember correctly even FJ had difficulty to get up because she was too tired because DH exploration is too much ..now I don't know what does exploration mean by TangQi though... Someone need to ask her....

Correct, I have translated this part for the forum before, to put it plainly, Dong Hua was in an exploratory mood on the sexual side of their relationship and had tired her out. So she wasn’t able to get out of bed for two days or so.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

@ChibiLy, ah now you mentioned about the nose bump. Lol yeah DH was so sexy when he coaxed FJ to share the purple yam :love:.

Also we all know the reason that JH engaged to DH was because JH brother asked for it, and fortunately at that time JH was crazy in love with MS, and DH hadnt known FJ at that time. Do you guys think if JH giving up on MS, would they really get married? I mean at that time DH don't care who he ended up marry with so if JH agreed marry DH, doesn't that mean JH would be really DH's empress? Man he dodged a bullet there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Big checks! Their difference though is that ZH is acting impulsively, whereas JH's scheming are planned and timed. That's where JH is better than ZH. 

The most scheming woman in the 3L3W universe are none of the above. These two women were regarded by the Chinese readers of the 3Lives universe as useless and weak white Lotus flowers. Su Jin takes the prize for that honour.

• LOL 2

All details, perhaps not yet, but DH acknowledged to LS that FJ has suffered a lot due to him. Given the right inputs, DH is more than smart enough to connect the dots.

In the series, he remembered Jiu as the maid who cooks well, when he came back with baby fox FJ. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Correct, I have translated this part for the forum before, to put it plainly, Dong Hua was in an exploratory mood on the sexual side of their relationship and had tired her out. So she wasn’t able to get out of bed for two days or so.

He's been abstain far too long.. I don't even know exactly how old is he because I lost count but in TMOPB, Zhe Yan said even Moyuan is more experienced than DH ha ha, I admire him for that. The oldest and longest bachelor and his reward is a beautiful energetic young wife. Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

7 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

@ChibiLy, ah now you mentioned about the nose bump. Lol yeah DH was so sexy when he coaxed FJ to share the purple yam :love:.

Also we all know the reason that JH engaged to DH was because JH brother asked for it, and fortunately at that time JH was crazy in love with MS, and DH hadnt known FJ at that time. Do you guys think if JH giving up on MS, would they really get married? I mean at that time DH don't care who he ended up marry with so if JH agreed marry DH, doesn't that mean JH would be really DH's empress? Man he dodged a bullet there. 

No Tang Qi’s timeline indicated specifically that the wedding was definitely fake. Author has also mentioned many times that it was a planned fake wedding from the get go, so he would not have married her even if she gave up on Minsu. 

He went to look for his beloved red fox and completely didn’t care about the “wedding” at all. He even picked a fight with Yan Chi Wu and accused him of kidnapping the red fox....

Ji Heng is nowhere in his thoughts....if at all

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Ha ha, I don't even waste much of my precious time on her during the first watch. As soon as I saw her that she's the only one wearing white in the demon realm while the rest are in black, I know she was described as pure innocent woman.. :confounded:, the only reasons I watched her was because I was a bit to late to skip the scenes or there was DH or FJ in the same scene lol

Ah! I didn't realise this black and white garb had a meaning behind it. Now I know :joy: All along I just didn't like everything about her so I didn't notice the colours. 

Ps I'm not colour blind XD

• Like 1
  • LOL 4