[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

53 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Aranya and FJ most likely felt rejected by SY and DH. No matter how forgiving they are, it was difficult to ignore the pain of abandoned and cast aside because of another woman. 

Although I found Aranya's decision to end her life tragic, I admire how she was so brave saved her people and went out on her own terms. 

Vengo did a great job at distinguishing between SY before Aranya died and the SY after Aranya died. SY in white was arrogant and cool. SY in dark blue was deflated, his back hunched and facial expression gloomy. His mannerism lost all signs of his past arrogance and self confidence. 

Aranya had shown that even if she was a shadow of the Qing Qiu princess, she is as brave and loyal as FJ is to her subjects. When it comes to saving who they care for, Aranya and FJ do not hold back, not even if they will lose their lives. 

SY after Aranya's demise barely smiled. Only once that he did to FJ Aranya. He's full of regrets and angst that he never told her his true feelings when she was alive. He was so broken at Ep47 after his confrontation with FJ over Aranya's sorrows.

Vengo studied his roles in ELOD so well that even for the same person he's playing, he was able to portray the stark differences from before and the changes afterwards. DH gives a thumbs up! :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Vengo did a great job at distinguishing between SY before Aranya died and the SY after Aranya died. SY in white was arrogant and cool. SY in dark blue was deflated, his back hunched and facial expression gloomy. His mannerism lost all signs of his past arrogance and self confidence. 

SY in white was so handsome! SY in dark blue....not so much. :( I blame the hairstyle.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

SY after Aranya's demise barely smiled. Only once that he did to FJ Aranya. He's full of regrets and angst that he never told her his true feelings when she was alive. He was so broken at Ep47 after his confrontation with FJ over Aranya's sorrows.

Thinking about it, Dong Hua knew SY’s regrets. How is it that after they leave the dream, he never tells Xiao Bai he loves her? Ok, I get that he already confessed his feelings in the form of “I like you” and proposed to Feng Jiu. I’m just curious how the closest they came to terms of affection was “我最疼你” or something like that...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

Thinking about it, Dong Hua knew SY’s regrets. How is it that after they leave the dream, he never tells Xiao Bai he loves her? Ok, I get that he already confessed his feelings in the form of “I like you” and proposed to Feng Jiu. I’m just curious how the closest they came to terms of affection was “我最疼你” or something like that...

I blame it on DH's lack of experience. I doubt anyone ever told him "I like you." So it may never have crossed his mind that FJ wants to hear it. Instead, DH shows his love and affection through acts of service.  

But he is quick to learn. As soon as FJ asked him to say it, he said it instantly. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I blame it on DH's lack of experience. I doubt anyone ever told him "I like you." So it may never have crossed his mind that FJ wants to hear it. Instead, DH shows his love and affection through acts of service.  

But he is quick to learn. As soon as FJ asked him to say it, he said it instantly. 

His lonely and rather sad upbringing also contributed to his icy facade and lack of comforting words. I feel that his sharp tongue is a coping mechanism to survive a lonely existence prior to becoming the master of the universe. People who have a way with sweet words are usually social butterflies and they tend to care highly on how people view them. DH is definitely someone who simply doesn't care how people perceive him and therefore there is no need to butter up anyone with words.

FJ was brought up in a loving environment and that is why she is very open with her feelings and show all her emotions easily. You can tell when she is upset, happy or annoyed. She is never pretentious and that is one reason why she gets along well woth everyone. 

DH is her exact opposite and many times although his displeasure and annoyance is clearly shown on his face, he rarely says what is in his mind. He would rather throw jabs at people than compliment anyone. Even when he is upset, he would not directly say it. People who have offended him wouldn't even know exactly what they did wrong! I am sure even ZL have not heard any words of praise from his master. So, whatever it is that he feels towards FJ are acted upon rather than said. His tongue is better used elsewhere...hehe...

• Like 5
  • Naughty 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

FJ and DH didn't say I love you to each other until ML final battle, did they?

I'm pretty sure "wai" or "wo ai ni" were not exchanged between them, only "si wa ni".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

FJ and DH didn't say I love you to each other until ML final battle, did they?

I'm pretty sure "wai" or "wo ai ni" were not exchanged between them, only "si wa ni".

In the book, he said "I Love You" when she asked him to say some nice words to her as she was in pain.

I do indeed prefer how the last chapter of the book ended.

It was more touching than the show.

He finally said those three words, "I Love You".

And Feng Jiu felt his tears on her shoulder. 

Much more touching to read it as they both affirmed their love for each other as they thought there were going to fade.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

His lonely and rather sad upbringing also contributed to his icy facade and lack of comforting words. I feel that his sharp tongue is a coping mechanism to survive a lonely existence prior to becoming the master of the universe. People who have a way with sweet words are usually social butterflies and they tend to care highly on how people view them. DH is definitely someone who simply doesn't care how people perceive him and therefore there is no need to butter up anyone with words.

FJ was brought up in a loving environment and that is why she is very open with her feelings and show all her emotions easily. You can tell when she is upset, happy or annoyed. She is never pretentious and that is one reason why she gets along well woth everyone. 

DH is her exact opposite and many times although his displeasure and annoyance is clearly shown on his face, he rarely says what is in his mind. He would rather throw jabs at people than compliment anyone. Even when he is upset, he would not directly say it. People who have offended him wouldn't even know exactly what they did wrong! I am sure even ZL have not heard any words of praise from his master. So, whatever it is that he feels towards FJ are acted upon rather than said. His tongue is better used elsewhere...hehe...

His past is the reason why he is the way he is. Passionate heart but hidden inside a cold hard exterior.

The right person came along and it happened to be a red nine tailed fox. Poignant as she is the colour of fire, of passion.

Opposites attract, it's always a good thing! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Dear friends, 

Today our blog is featuring: 

There was Once a Mountain, and the Mountain is an Illusionary Realm.

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/there-was-once-a-mountain-and-the-mountain-is-an-illusionary-realm

There is quite a bit of interesting detail provided by Tang Qi, please enjoy her article :blush:

Lord Chang Yi, and peony flower monster Hua Fei Wu. :blush:

Thanks for the geography lessons today! :heart:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I hope you picked up on the other important things she mentioned. Some things she said in the article will clarify some nagging questions.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ninky said:

In the book, he said "I Love You" when she asked him to say some nice words to her as she was in pain.

I do indeed prefer how the last chapter of the book ended.

It was more touching than the show.

He finally said those three words, "I Love You".

And Feng Jiu felt his tears on her shoulder. 

Much more touching to read it as they both affirmed their love for each other as they thought there were going to fade.

It was a bit dark and hazy in the series finale! I could barely see DH's tears as he said I love you.

Their precious "I love yous" that were not said to each other until 200 years later.

He closed his eyes, hugged her, and whispered in hoarseness: “What sweet thing would you like to hear?” She tried to suppress the sweet tang rising in her throat: “Say you like me.” He rested his head on her shoulder. She felt her shoulder getting wet as she heard him whisper in her ear: “I love you.” (PB2, p479)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I hope you picked up on the other important things she mentioned. Some things she said in the article will clarify some nagging questions.

No worries, the blog has now plenty of ref reading materials aside from the books to check out if something isn't clear. :D

I did enjoy the trivia tidbits. Hehehe. The mountain that moves a foot per century, the mountain where Bai Zhen collects Bi Fang when he runs off, the peony who was poured over with tea by Lord Chang Yi.

There's a Zhi Yue person and there's a Zhi Yue mountain. The person doesn't live in her namesake mountain. :lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It was a bit dark and hazy in the series finale! I could barely see DH's tears as he said I love you.

Their precious "I love yous" that were not said to each other until 200 years later.

He closed his eyes, hugged her, and whispered in hoarseness: “What sweet thing would you like to hear?” She tried to suppress the sweet tang rising in her throat: “Say you like me.” He rested his head on her shoulder. She felt her shoulder getting wet as she heard him whisper in her ear: “I love you.” (PB2, p479)

Felt it more in Chinese. Chinese generally needs fewer words to express the same feelings, it somehow strikes harder at me in the original. I cried so much reading it. And I still cry reading it after many many re-reads. I wish some of you will one day master the language, then you'd have access to more literature.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

No worries, the blog has now plenty of ref reading materials aside from the books to check out if something isn't clear. :D

I am actually looking forward to Lotus Step! It's very well written, and has an excellent plotline building.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And that was Mi Gu, the navigator's geography lesson :tounge_wink:

• LOL 2

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Also in the book, the starlight ward is totally transparent. People can see what's going on inside. By this time, more people would have arrived to try to help. Bai Qian and hubby + Mo Yuan + BFF YCW were there breaking the ward from the outside. 

Quite a few people would have witnessed Dong Hua shedding tears for the first time in their lives. Such a heartrending touching moment.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I am actually looking forward to Lotus Step! It's very well written, and has an excellent plotline building.

The peony flower chapter is one that amused me greatly. :blush: The adventures of one young mortal will leave the readers breathless. I have a favourite one, wherein she really used her brains and logic to succeed where others failed. Though what happened afterwards was regrettable, that lead to another trip to visit someone we know! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Also in the book, the starlight ward is totally transparent. People can see what's going on inside. By this time, more people would have arrived to try to help. Bai Qian and hubby + Mo Yuan + BFF YCW were there breaking the ward from the outside. 

Quite a few people would have witnessed Dong Hua shedding tears for the first time in their lives. Such a heartrending touching moment.

It is, as one can see the battle clearly going on between ML and DH. But then, they changed the location to Fanyin Valley in the series adaptation. Maybe the CGI would have been too hard at that time of production to depict the dragon, unicorn, and phoenix silver light.

A transparent silvery wall was erected from the ground next to the marsh. As stars continuously fell down from the sky like withering flowers, they affixed onto the wall and made it seem as though it was a barrier made from starlight. Behind the wall, crashing blue waves were rising high. On the crest of a wave, a sword-wielding purple-robed deity was engaged in a fierce battle with a demoness who used a red sash as her weapon. (PB2, p474)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

And that was Mi Gu, the navigator's geography lesson :tounge_wink:

Mi Gu is one of the adorables, hehehe. He gave BQ a twig before she left for the banquet for the baby of one of the Sea Kings, as she's hopeless with directions! :lol: 

Mi Gu won't cook, ever, because fire scares him, hahaha. 

• Like 3