[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

28 minutes ago, capristar said:

@iamemilykay are you there voting? They slow down and we are catching up right now! Calling people to vote now if you have time!

Ne~~~~

tumblr_ovfdf3tyGt1qbmdgqo2_400.gif

Still voting as well~~~ but yeah, just keep seeing that the percentage are not going up much~ :unsure: BUTTTTT I'm not gonna lose hope nor stop voting~ will keep it up at a steady pace~ because we'll never know who'll win since the end is far off~ :blush:

32 minutes ago, zuraida191 said:

I read through SNS the PP couple called the person who vote KimKimCouple are stupids. I felt so angry right now :angry:

Keep voting guysssss. Really want uri couple win the awards :cry:

I mean fans of PP couple 

Oh wow, those fans said that? Oops, they just shamed themselves in public ^_^~~~ kwaenchanha~ we know we'll never stoop that low. We're definitely bigger people than that~ :glasses:

• Like 9

It's been a long time since I've last posted anything and I just dropped by to visit. So many things to read and I couldn't possibly catch up on everything. But first things first, I've noticed that you darling Gummers are hard at work, voting for our couple so I thought I'd join in. So first thing I did is to go to the website and checked under the 'About us' link (only because I wanna make sure that this is a genuine award and not some fanmade ones where the celebs don't actually win anything)  and this is what it says "KoreanUpdates was founded on 1st March 2010 by Edwin Joo and two other people. It grows steadily into one of the most prominent K-Pop news website in Indonesia."

So isn't this like a dramabeans end of the year award wherein the actually stars that we voted for don't get to go on a real stage, and get an actual, physical trophy. I'm really sorry if I happened to put a dampener on this excitement (because when I first read it, I was really excited myself) because that's definitely not my intention. I just don't want any of you lovelies to feel disappointed that after all of the hard work, it ultimately didn't amount to what we all wished for is to see our favourite couple on stage together (assuming that is the wish). 

Once again, I apologise if I offended anyone. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up. Nothing more. Love ya!

• Like 14

Actually this is the main reason why I'm not actively participating in the voting challenge, though I voted from time to time. I didn't go all out to check the About Us page, but gut feeling tells me its just an online page by someone. Sorry I didn't mention it because I didn't want to dampen the enthusiasm here.

• Like 7

I know it from the beginning.  But I am happy to get them awards if I can help a little! It's just today seeing KNG losing makes me want to keep fighting! :) 

But it looks like the leading group does have more supporters! Oh well! We will see!

• Like 9

Hi guys,

I am with  @busy_listening and @starrymaze I just voted for fun. The poll was also for funsake, so don't get yourself too worked up on it. :D

I am so looking forward to check on Dramabeans year's end editorial pick. I hope to see both KNG and KAJ being named Best Actor and Actress respectively, if not at least getting the "Honorable Mention".

As for Baeksang, let's hope there will be no drama doing so well in the ratings game until Baeksang nomination's announcement somewhere until April next year. Because despite Baeksang being more credible than the tv stations year end awards, popularity still matters. As at to-date, no other TvN drama is likely to surpass LUTYN's rating this year (unless, may be "Wise Prison Life" and the upcoming "Korean Odyssey"), and based on the current lackluster performances of dramas from other stations...it set to look quite possible for both KNG and KAJ to earn a nomination each. That would be my dream comes true....because I am sure even if they don't win, they will definitely make an appearance either together or individually but still worthy.

BTW, I have just completed watching the well-received "Because This Life Is Our First" which is super popular among international fans but did not break 5% domestically. And same like other dramas, there were quite a lot of photos from the wrap party including videos of a parting hug between the two leads. This led me to feel frustrated why nothing at all coming from our OTP? No parting hug video? Fair enough that there was no early promo before the drama began airing but even after the drama ended and enjoying great success, the casts seem to not join the rush to ride the popularity from the drama and just doing their own things. I swear I have never seen a drama doing so well in rating's department yet it's like a country's top secret affair. :(

Ok, writing too much :crazy:. So, are we getting more KAJ since tomorrow is December 1st and her Marie Claire is for December issue? 

• Like 18

Annyeong @starrymaze chingu! So glad to read your post again :grin: *waves*

And thanks so much for pointing out on the source of the poll~ honestly, I had that inkling too from the way the poll was intro-ed. But still vote furiously just because uri Gum Couple and KNG are on it~ :lol: that competitive streak in me was particularly unleashed when I saw the gap narrowing! :tounge_xd: 

That aside, YES, I'm waiting for Dramabean's Annual Year End Reviews and Poll as well! I'll be sure to nicely contribute votes for our LUTYN when its up~ hihihihi :tounge_wink: Also, I'm actually very eager to hear Javabeans' and Girlfriday's thoughts on the show as they weren't the ones recapping it. They always have very interesting insights to share and highlight details/nuances that mass viewers like me would normally miss. Hehe. Imma start regularly refreshing Dramabeans' page from today onwards~ :relieved:

• Like 9

Thanks @busy_listening and @starrymaze and @sukbin! Forgot to check on the About us. Haha. 

Ok! Will continue voting for the fun of it, minus the stress level.... :D

well, it seems like there are many awards out there that are based on just popularity vote and not real substance of skill.... this was one lesson I learnt in the whole process. We know deep down in our hearts KNG and KAJ are great actors and they have the best chemistry to date! That’s all that matters! :D

• Like 10

I'm outside now with friends so i haven't read everything on this thread and i'm scared to visit the voting site. 

Just dropping by to post this. We can also vote for deserving of the name for best korean drama for 2017. 4 hrs plus remaining before the next round of voting starts. 

www.koreandrama.org/the-best-korean-drama-of-2017/

• Like 6

7 hours ago, iamemilykay said:

Gosh, they have surpassed us for Best Actor. Sheeesssshhhhhh......and my friend just pointed out that they could have gotten Votebots to do it for them. If not, how else are their numbers going up in that speed when we're real humans here clicking away like crazy but yet the percentage hardly move???? This is INJUSTICE!!!

I have sent Korean.update.com a message about votebot.... I will update this forum if they replied me. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, sukbin said:

BTW, I have just completed watching the well-received "Because This Life Is Our First" which is super popular among international fans but did not break 5% domestically. And same like other dramas, there were quite a lot of photos from the wrap party including videos of a parting hug between the two leads. This led me to feel frustrated why nothing at all coming from our OTP? No parting hug video? Fair enough that there was no early promo before the drama began airing but even after the drama ended and enjoying great success, the casts seem to not join the rush to ride the popularity from the drama and just doing their own things. I swear I have never seen a drama doing so well in rating's department yet it's like a country's top secret affair. :(

Ok, writing too much :crazy:. So, are we getting more KAJ since tomorrow is December 1st and her Marie Claire is for December issue? 

@sukbin I, on the other hand, love that it's like a country's top secret affair because then, my imagination can just run wild on its own hihi :wub: On a serious note, although no news is quite frustrating as shippers, I'm just glad that at least there are no news regarding both of them with other people :blush: 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

This is just random writing... The idea came from my delusional mind, hope it won't offend KNG/KAJ avid fans and disclaimer: THIS IS NOT REAL GUYS :tongue:

Spoiler

Airport Fashion

KNG lost the bet he made with KAJ. They were betting if Gum Couple soompi thread would reach 250 pages before or after KAJ’s fanmeeting in Japan this November. KAJ, became the silent reader herself bet that it would reach 250, while KNG bet it wouldn’t. Tonight, when KNG visited KAJ’s house after filming his new movie, KAJ gave him present.

KAJ: Here’s your punishment.

KNG: What’s this?

KAJ: Open it when you’re going to airport tomorrow.

KNG: This is not some ridiculous punishment right? You’re not giving me underwear or weird outfit, are you?

KAJ: Ah I’d love to give you that… But considering it’s winter, no darling, this is not some weird outfit or underwear. You’ll like your present.

KNG: I won’t wear it if I don’t like it.

KAJ: But you lost the bet! You HAVE TO wear it. If I don’t see you wear that outfit on online news tomorrow, well you can say goodbye to our plan to Napa Valley.

KNG: *cursing inside his head* oh damn this girl know me so well…

The next day. KNG called KAJ.

KNG: Ah Joong-ah, are you serious? Do I have to wear THESE tracksuit?

KAJ: Why? Aren’t tracksuit your thing? They’re your favorite outfit.

KNG: I do love tracksuit, I do love them. BUT NOT THIS COLOR.

KAJ: What’s wrong with the color? Aren’t they pretty?

KNG: They’re pink.

KAJ: So?

KNG: THEY’RE SHOCKING PINK!

KAJ: Honey *holding her laugh* they’re pretty.

KNG: Ya! Kim Ah Joong! Are you trying to ruin my image? I can’t be ninja if I’m wearing THESE. The color itself will attract people to look at me…

KAJ: But that’s your punishment… Don’t bail out, or I will bail out from our agreement too.. No sleeping together in ~

KNG: Fine.

Three hours later, KAJ received message from KNG’s manager, a picture of KNG at airport, wearing shocking pink tracksuit, with link from several online news that showed his airport fashion with additional message: mischief managed.

• LOL 18

Slr! Thanks for our chingus who clarified about the korean updates poll. I actually know about it too. Hehe... LUTYN deserves more and I'm going to keep on voting between 2pm and 5pm KST. ㅋㅋㅋ I want to give justice (something tvn failed to provide) to our couple's talent and hardwork. I'm hoping for them to win and be recognized. I'd like to comment about PP shippers but I won't waste my time and i'm mad about that 'stupid comment'. 

I do hope to see KNG and KAJ at the baeksang awards too. ㅋㅋㅋ it's like Oscars, right? 

@delusionalsquid I like the pic you shared earlier. ㅋㅋㅋ I actually own the queenmajongie ig page and I'll post a side by side pic with your idea. I like the fanfic too. ㅋㅋ

• Like 9

5 hours ago, curlygee said:

Slr! Thanks for our chingus who clarified about the korean updates poll. I actually know about it too. Hehe... LUTYN deserves more and I'm going to keep on voting between 2pm and 5pm KST. ㅋㅋㅋ I want to give justice (something tvn failed to provide) to our couple's talent and hardwork. I'm hoping for them to win and be recognized. I'd like to comment about PP shippers but I won't waste my time and i'm mad about that 'stupid comment'. 

I do hope to see KNG and KAJ at the baeksang awards too. ㅋㅋㅋ it's like Oscars, right? 

@delusionalsquid I like the pic you shared earlier. ㅋㅋㅋ I actually own the queenmajongie ig page and I'll post a side by side pic with your idea. I like the fanfic too. ㅋㅋ

I seriously think the PP camp used votebots too! It’s unimaginable to think no matter how hard we vote, we can never keep up their pace. I just started voting for fun today. And as soon as I increased by 0.01%, it seems like PP camp was alerted and it started to increase while our camp decreased again!

Spoiler

It’s scary! But come to think of it, it is underhanded. No wonder they called us “stupid”. But then, how honourable is such a win I wonder. And don’t they feel a bit thick-skinned to “make” their idol win Best Actor, when he isn’t yet of that level? I mean I’m just stating my honest view. Not starting any fan war. If it’s a competition about popularity, I will give it to them freely cos I know KNG’s fan base might be smaller. But if it says Best Actor, I take it as a competition of both skills (mainly) and (some) popularity. And not mainly about popularity. 

Anyway, given that it’s not a real real award, so it’s no more stress voting. Really just for fun. But that’s just my observations of what has been taking place so far. 

And thanks @prenchpries and @3z3zm3lp for the updates and pictures! Our OTP is so sweet! I can imagine many similarities between High Cut and Marie Claire poses too!! 

• Like 7