[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

On 3/9/2022 at 3:22 AM, YukawaCattle said:

By the way, I always wondered if JA could go to Saman E&C's staff restaurant for lunch.
We did see their staff restaurant in EP9.
Is the food there still not cheap enough for her to afford?
Maybe she will take the food back to her grandmother (and for herself) if she can afford it.
But it seems we've never seen her eat there.

Good question! I never thought about that...but you're right, I don't think she ever eats there. We don't see Dong Hoon there, either...guess the show didn't think it was important to show what they do for their meals, except when Ji An meets with DJY? And the one time DH "visits" YH to "eat with her" (or check out the phone booth near her office).

He should know that having dinner with JA is a very relaxing and stress-relieving experience.

:joy: It's becoming that way for him during the show, isn't it?

The evidence is that he seemed to have slept well that night.
Even though he had merchandise vouchers to worry about, he was so relieved that he almost forgot to get up.

I still think it's crazy that he and Yoon Hee share a bed. Seems like it would be such a strange dynamic. But I guess they've gotten used to it over time.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:19 AM, YukawaCattle said:

As for "When DH began to think that JA was a woman?" I agree that it is from the beginning of the story, at least since EP2. I can persuade this to myself is because I think DH actually always keeps his brothers' words in mind. Although whenever his brothers are talking to him, he usually smiles at them on the surface or says "You are insane" to them, he takes his brothers' remarks to heart.

Great insights! Yes, I think from an early stage he regarded her as a woman that he needed to keep a distance from, even though he verbally said "she's just a girl" a couple of times.

It's interesting that in Episode 15, in the scene in the shack, Netflix has DH saying, "How could a little kid like you end up doing this because you pitied an adult like me?"

But the subtitles in Viki say, "How can you feel bad for an adult like me?"

I wonder which subtitles are more accurate....the Netflix ones bring up him saying "little kid" again, but the ones in Viki give Ji An a bit more dignity and treat her more like an equal.

4 hours ago, Benz said:

My dumb butt thought you listed all of Sanghoon’s “homophobic” jokes and was like “Huh???”

Haha, me, too! Then I had to read it again very carefully and realize what she was saying. :joy: Oh dear.

9 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

This post collects SH's homophonic pun joke, lol.

YAY!!! Love that you collected all of these! He is so funny and verbal, and just says whatever is on his mind. I didn't realize he had so many of these. I remember the Mark Darcy one but not the others. Thank you! So are you learning more Korean now, then? :lol:

This is not one of his homophonic riffs, but my favorite monologue of Sang Hoon's is in the beginning of Episode 11, when he talks about turning 50 and wanting to make an unforgettable memory, and grouchy Ki Hoon keeps moving around so Sang Hoon also gets grouchy.

Grouchy Park Brothers are the best!

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

On 3/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, YukawaCattle said:

Park Dong-hoon's Humanity

@Thomas Zhang shared an interesting point in the older post. He said that DH was willing to re-start to eat with JA in EP7 because after discovering that YH was having an affair, he might have thought, "I can also eat with the girl I like because my wife is also like this, after all."

So EP7 is a very human moment for DH.
It is because his wife is having an affair, he sets back his principle and start to have dinner with JA.

KWS and PHY have indeed delicately presented such humanity of DH in this show.

Very insightful ideas from you and @Thomas Zhang.

I agree that due to YH’s cheating, DH has subconsciously allowed himself that space to get closer to JA, partially freed himself from his “shackles,” and in the process got more emotionally-attached to JA. I said “partially” because though he permitted himself that one step of having dinners with JA, he still did restrain himself from going all in. Like he still refused the hug, refused to text her, etc.

And that mindset of “I can also eat with the girl I like because my wife is also like this” did not only happen to DH, but to most of the viewers as well. Based on viewer comments from various sites, I barely read anyone raising violent objections to DH having dinners with JA when he was still a married man. So YH’s cheating also created the same space in the mind of viewers to withhold harsh judgment on DH’s actions.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, YukawaCattle said:

Then we came to see how DH had a "friendly" dinner with JA in EP7.

Actually, he is still a little bit guilty, but of course, it's much better than the previous episodes.

In fact, JA also noticed that, but she immediately refused to think like "because I am a woman." She doesn't have enough confidence to think she attracts DH and then he wants to have dinner with her. She thinks that DH is simply taking pity on her.

This has been on my mind lately so I wanted to expound further. 

JA not having enough confidence to attract DH at this point can be due to four scenarios:

1. She does not find herself pretty, and thus lacks self-confidence that she can attract DH

2. She knows she is pretty, but due to DH being righteous and thus having strong will-power to resist temptations, she doubts she can attract DH

3. She knows she is pretty, but DH might not find her as such, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder

4. She knows she is pretty, but her family, social, and educational background might be a hindrance for DH to like her

I’ll first tackle point 1 above. There has been discussions whether JA finds herself pretty. Lately I came to realize that she does find herself pretty, and has that self-awareness in her.

During her planned dinner with DH at the tail end of ep 3 that was abruptly cut when DH walked out, she had this line:

Spoiler

zpGlAqg.png

To me, for someone to have the audacity to say that line to someone implies that person have some level of self-confidence and also that person is aware of her own attractiveness.

Also, the fact that her plan is to create a scandal with DH involving herself.. Again it implies she has the self-confidence to believe men of weaker resolve would fall for her trap. If she don’t find herself attractive, I doubt she would have the confidence to plan a scandal that involved her. (Men have the right to be choosy, too, ya know.. :lol:) She would have gone for other plans like drugging instead as she did to PDU.

Going back, JA refusing to think that “she is a woman” to DH at this point in the show was brought more by either points 2, 3 or 4 above. Since JA mentioned about DH pitying her, that's related to point 4. And since DH did resist the physical temptation that she brought forth in ep 3 when she kissed him, JA could also be thinking it was because of point 2 above, that is, DH got enough will to resist the temptation. But it could also be point 3 above, at least from JA’s view at that point in time, that perhaps DH simply didn’t find her attractive enough to fall for the temptation. :unsure:

And she only got her validation by the end of ep 7 when she heard DH described her as pretty. So from that point on, she knew it was point 2 above, at least as far as temptations go. Like when she told DJY in ep 11 that she plans to  sleep with DH, they both knew she had to resort to spiking his drink in order to achieve that, and they also both knew that was just a bluff. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

6 hours ago, actionscript said:

JA not having enough confidence to attract DH at this point can be due to four scenarios:

1. She does not find herself pretty, and thus lacks self-confidence that she can attract DH

2. She knows she is pretty, but due to DH being righteous and thus having strong will-power to resist temptations, she doubts she can attract DH

3. She knows she is pretty, but DH might not find her as such, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder

4. She knows she is pretty, but her family, social, and educational background might be a hindrance for DH to like her

I thought your questions for a while.

My opinion is that Ji-An was prepared to bring scandal to Dong Hoon by seducing him in the beginning.

But I don't think she would think she is so pretty herself. Maybe she is just young and can attract some "Ahjussi".

When Dong-hoon was reluctant to have dinner with Ji-an, she was actually a bit surprised that this "Ahjussi" seemed different from others.

At the end of episode 8, we can tell that she really doesn't have a high opinion of herself, that is the reason she said “which man would be crazy enough to fall for a woman like me?”

She also acted confused about DJY's plan to ask her to date Dong-hoon, and stupidly asked, "What should I do?  Should I take off my clothes and jump on him?"

This is one of the few times that Ji-An showed her ignorance about an area.

All in all, I think she thinks she's just not ugly, but not necessarily pretty. And feels that she doesn't really have any real attraction to Dong-hoon.

That's why she was so shocked by the line —— “when he has dinner and drinks with you, he must like you" - it turns out that Ahjussi might have fallen for her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, Thomas Zhang said:

But I don't think she would think she is so pretty herself. Maybe she is just young and can attract some "Ahjussi".

When Dong-hoon was reluctant to have dinner with Ji-an, she was actually a bit surprised that this "Ahjussi" seemed different from others.

On second thought, yes this could also be true. She doesn't necessarily see herself as a bombshell, (though with IU playing the character, suspending disbelief would be quite a challenge, no matter how unkempt JA is.. :D), her youth can definitely still attract some lesser ahjussis. But yes, she slowly gets to realize DH is of a different breed of ahjussi. 

21 hours ago, Thomas Zhang said:

She also acted confused about DJY's plan to ask her to date Dong-hoon, and stupidly asked, "What should I do?  Should I take off my clothes and jump on him?"

This is one of the few times that Ji-An showed her ignorance about an area.

I didn’t get the ignorant vibe in that exchange, at least based on JA’s facial expressions. When she was answering that particular question, she had a sarcastic smirk on her face:

Spoiler

pGPDPKx.gif

I could be wrong though. These facial cues are so subtle, that’s why different people get different things from so many of the scenes in the show. :sweat_smile:

I actually admired the range of emotions she was able to express in that whole exchange with DJY, as she vacillated among these feelings:

-  Concern and disdain as to what harm DJY is actually planning on DH

-  Guilt as she could still be playing a role in DJY’s evil plans

-  Sarcasm as she is recording the whole conversation which she knew can be used against DJY. (In ep 16, it is actually this conversation that was replayed by the police investigator to DJY and his lawyer to prove DJY’s guilt)

- Child-like innocence, shock, and wonder all at the same time as she grappled with the words “DH dining and drinking with you means he likes you.”

18 hours ago, YukawaCattle said:

Wow!!!

A new matrix!!!  :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

I should change my profile name from actionscript to The Matrix. ^_^

And I agree that JA should really want to seduce DH at first because she heard DH say this:

From the above, it seems that she wants to become a temptation for DH, so at that time, I think she should feel that she has a way to make DH fall in love with her.
(Whether it's a physical or another way to get DH hooked on her, she should be thinking of a long-term plan at that time.)

Yes, the show nicely placed that scene of JA with fire on the background to portray her as the object of DH's temptation. I actually didn’t think the plan of JA in creating a scandal with DH entailed going all the way though. I think what she had in mind was just to routinely go out with him to create a rumor at the office, and if that failed (which it did when DH halted them), then just grab a photo of them kissing, which she was able to do, though that eventually also failed in achieving its aim. But yes, in order to carry these out, she must still at least gain some level of interest from DH, that is, be attractive to him in one way or another.

DH: Do you think I haven’t caused trouble because I am strong against temptations? There haven’t been any temptations. So I don’t know whether I am strong against temptations.

It’s very understated how this line from DH permeated much of the story’s plot. Though at the surface it pertained to physical temptation, it is more so the emotional temptation that DH grappled with pretty much from the middle episodes all the way to ¾ of ep 16 that was the real challenge for him.

But I think after she failed in EP4, she may be a little bit unconfident that she can get DH hooked on herself.
And most importantly, after she completely falls in love with DH after EP5, she becomes more unconfident because she thinks DH is a very nice person and can't match him. Her idea is just like what OST4 Dear Moon writes, she thinks she is not qualified to have DH.

This is probably the reason why JA was so excited to run to DH when she heard that he says she was pretty in EP7.

This is so true! As she has slowly learned to like DH, the glaring differences in their social stature and in their inherent "kindness" have become more apparent to her, making her less confident as you said. And yes, it was nicely captured in the lyrics of Dear Moon.

But what she said to DJY in EP8 was still strange for me.

This may be just a superficial sentence to DJY, but it sounds like her true idea to herself. And I think she is actually not saying that there is no man who will like her, but because the person she likes (PDH) is too excellent for her, she feels that she is not worthy, so she says that no one will like her.

Yes good point! JA’s “What kind of nutcase would like a girl like me?” is more of point 4 of the matrix above, that is, more than her physical attributes, it is more about her circumstances – an orphan with no parents, no money and in debt, no education, who washes dishes, and most of all, a murderer (in her thoughts). In that context, how could someone of DH’s stature, who’s up for promotion to become a company director, fall for someone like her?

The flow of the conversation also pointed to this chain of thought. Initially, she thought it was about sleeping with him, where success would rely on her physical attributes and on the prey’s willpower to resist. But when DJY suggested it’s not about that, but more on dating DH for real, that’s where point 4 of the matrix came into the picture and JA's lack of confidence surfaced.

vlziTMd.png

Off to another point.. These conversations between JA and DH that were just played out through the recordings are very significant for me. More than just providing the history between JA and KI, it showed the level of closeness, the emotional intimacy, that Dong Hoon and Ji An have already achieved that was not explicitly shown in many of their conversations. Their dinner and walk-home conversations were in many ways already quite intimate – their philosophical musings and outlook in life, their plans, etc. But there is something deeply more intimate in sharing your deepest thoughts and secrets about the people and relationships in your life..  And though played to us the viewers only through a recording, its significance should not be overlooked.

By the way, @Thomas Zhang actually has a nice article discussed about the related thing about this and my idea is based on his article.

I will translate it into English recently for you guys.

I used google translate and I think it did a decent job. Yes very nice article! JA is indeed suffering from the Jonah complex as far as her relationship with DH is concerned. Quite insightful!

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

@actionscript @YukawaCattle @Thomas Zhang Great discussion! Making me think for sure! For me, I think it's interesting that the concept of "pretty" didn't really come into importance in the show until Episode 7, even though in earlier episodes Ji An had been relying on her youth and initiative to trap Dong Hoon, mostly by kissing him. She had the confidence to kiss him and the optimism to trap him through it (until he put an end to that), but as far as DH actually liking her for who she was (a later deeper desire once she came to respect him more, given that so many others had shunned her once they found out about her past)...she didn't have much confidence in that.

On 3/11/2022 at 5:22 AM, actionscript said:

Nice new matrix!! :gangnamstyle:

I know we are just talking about her discussion with DJY in Episode 8, but throughout the series I think JA's confidence is also related to whether DH thinks of her as "nice." In other words, DH called JA pretty (which she overheard - he never said it to her face) but he really affected her, too, when he called her "nice" to her face. Having him validate her as being a good person was healing for her, as she had lived for so long thinking she was a murderer. In fact, self-defense and protecting a loved one (halmeoni) is a pretty darn good reason for taking someone's life. But there were not many in her life who could tell her that she did the right thing.

Anyhoo, it's interesting to keep thinking about the "Is she pretty or nice?" conversation that DH and his family had at omma's birthday party (also in Ep 8!) and to know that JA was seen as both by DH.

On 3/11/2022 at 5:47 AM, YukawaCattle said:

I remember in EP9 Yoon also asking where are DH and Chief Song.
So normally they should also eat in the staff cafeteria for lunch.

Ah, good catch. Thanks! So Team Three really does spend a lot of time together.

I would also like to ask about this.
Shouldn't people usually sleep in separate rooms under such situation?

Yeah. I would think this would be pretty unbearable, to be that physically close to someone, every night, when you didn't have much emotional connection with them anymore. Especially once he found out she had been giving her body to his nemesis! Blech!! :wacko:

Indeed, he was still talking about "child."

Thanks for breaking these down.

Because we don't forget in the latter scene that he wanted to touch her hand, and it's because he considered that she is an adult, a woman, so he didn't touch her in the end.

I agree with you...he couldn't let himself touch her, even to comfort her. And the only time he did touch her was in the morgue...and in that moment JA was so sad and lost that it seemed very appropriate for him to support her then. I think in that scene she looked like the young person she was.

DH: I told you to stop. She is only a girl. Why would you make such remarks about someone else's daughter? How would you feel if some jerks talk about Eun-jin that way?

Notice that DH actually has a ambiguity logic here. He puts "daughters" and "girls" together.

But logically, "daughters" are not necessarily "girls." EJ, SH's daughter who he mentioned, is exactly a woman.

Great, perfect logical insight! Very helpful.

5 hours ago, actionscript said:

Off to another point.. These conversations between JA and DH that were just played out through the recordings are very significant for me. More than just providing the history between JA and KI, it showed the level of closeness, the emotional intimacy, that Dong Hoon and Ji An have already achieved that was not explicitly shown in many of their conversations. Their dinner and walk-home conversations were in many ways already quite intimate – their philosophical musings and outlook in life, their plans, etc. But there is something deeply more intimate in sharing your deepest thoughts and secrets about the people and relationships in your life..  And though played to us the viewers only through a recording, its significance should not be overlooked.

Yes, I loved that glimpse we got into a conversation that we never got to see on-camera. In this conversation they seemed very relaxed and close indeed. And DH always seemed to know the right thing to say to JA (naturally), just like she knew what to say to him (partially through wiretapping him :lol:).

I have to admit that after I heard this conversation I was trying to fit it into when they possibly could have had that conversation, timing-wise, since there were various periods of estrangement, what with all the ignoring and hitting going on. And between their reconciliation in Ep 12 and her disappearance in Ep 13, not much time elapsed.

• Blob 2

@YukawaCattle I need to dedicate a lot of time to read and absorb your last post! :lol: Will try to do that soon :D.

For now, though, I wanted to touch on a couple things from your 2nd-to-last post:

On 3/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, YukawaCattle said:
On 3/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, actionscript said:

You mentioned a very good point.
It reminds me of what EP11 JA said to BA.

JA: He's doing well. He also asked me if you're doing well. He often buys me food. And he also helps me out at work. I think he'll get promoted soon. 

At first I thought JA was telling the truth that DH often bought her food. So I was super surprised when watching Stephan at Man v Drama break down this scene, and he said, "That's a lie," to everything JA said to halmeoni here, except for the last line about the promotion. See starting from minute 15:40, especially 16:14 and onward.

So I actually think you're correct here:

But up to EP11, we've only seen them have dinner together once on EP6 and have dinner twice together on EP7

In Ep 9 they were estranged for a bit because he didn't want to do dinner with her after the loan-shark guy called about JA stealing the bribe. She also walked by him outside of Jung Hee's, ignoring him. Then in Ep 10 they took halmeoni to the nursing home together, but at the end of the episode he hit her. So there weren't many opportunities for them to spend time together in Ep 9 or 10's storylines. And by Ep 11, when JA is visiting BA at the nursing home, there still haven't been too many opportunities for them to spend time together, especially because they weren't really talking before the Buy Me Slippers conversation.

So I'm not sure if they actually did get closer up until this nursing home scene.

About the time-line, the writer PHY said this conversation is after EP9, but she didn't say when.

It seems like that she didn't answer the question, lol.

Hee hee. This does help! I actually wonder if they had this intimate conversation about JA's history with Kwang Il somewhere in the Ep 12 storyline, since it seems they really reconciled and weren't so awkward with each other once the subway scene happened.

She is a woman in that scene, not a girl anymore.

In other words, the excuse ("She is a child/girl") that PDH always uses to get close to LJA in the before episodes have already disappeared.

However, in such a situation that PDH without any excuse, PDH still looks at her from toe to head, took the initiative to shake hands, and promised to have dinner with JA. (!)

What does this mean?

PDH, you can't regard her as a child anymore, so what kind of mentality did you use to look at her, ask for a handshake, and promise to have dinner together afterward?

:lol: Yes! Totally agree. I like what Marla Jea says on the Man v Drama Ep 16: Part 3 thread, too:

"Final scene: using the basic logic of human emotion, why would Dong Hoon smile (he who never smiles) if he were still married? Wouldn’t meeting Ji An be painful if he weren’t free?" 

We have seen so much pain and restraint between JA and DH in the encounters leading up to the coffee shop scene, but in this final scene the way DH looks at her and shakes her hand is a significant contrast to what he was like before in her presence.

And I keep thinking he would definitely NOT want to lead her on if he weren't a free man....and he totally leads her on here, with his curiosity about her, his stares, and that long handshake. :wub::lol: I feel like JA would have known how to interpret all of these signals, especially after being on the receiving end of so many of his boundaries before the time skip.

• Blob 2

19 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Hee hee. This does help! I actually wonder if they had this intimate conversation about JA's history with Kwang Il somewhere in the Ep 12 storyline, since it seems they really reconciled and weren't so awkward with each other once the subway scene happened.

These are my thoughts as well. In fact, I was thinking that conversation happened during their dinner at the tail end of ep 12, right after JA’s panel interview. They looked so relaxed there and the mood was so conducive for intimate, personal conversations.

@YukawaCattle, I'll digest more of your recent posts soon as well. Need more time to really grasp all the details you presented. :sweatingbullets:

For now I just wanted to share some quick thoughts about a movie I’ve watched last weekend on Netflix. The movie is “The Game,” a 1997 mystery thriller starring Michael Douglas as a greedy investment banker. (It has a tag that said its Netflix run will end by March 31. :() It’s theme and genre are totally different from My Mister, but surprisingly quite a number of elements reminded me of MM. In fact these similarities helped deepen and further validated my understanding of MM.

I’ll discuss these similarities which include the movie’s last scene, which is amazingly quite similar to MM’s, so proceed with caution as this will have spoilers…

Spoiler

These similarities come to mind after watching the movie:

1. Both shows are primarily about the character transformations of the protagonist, more than anything else. The Game is totally not a romantic movie, and technically so is MM, though love lines exist in both, but in MM it played a bigger role in the overall scheme of things.

2. Due to a traumatic event in his childhood, the protagonist in The Game mostly keeps to himself, and has shun relationships even with his brother. There’s some parallels here with JA on how she also has built a wall around her from other people, though she didn’t exclude halmeoni from that wall.

3. Around 30 minutes into the movie, a curious and pretty female character was introduced, but what drew attention is she had to mention to Michael that she found him “attractive.” From here on, she has been suspected to be part of the group of antagonists, so no obtrusive romantic tension was really shown in her scenes with Michael Douglas. But still, that “attractive” comment had become some sort of a Chekhov’s Gun, it had narrative work to do.

jbriQ98.png

4. Note also the age gap between Michael Douglas and the girl. Though their ages were not really established in the show, their real-life ages at that time were 53 for Michael and 31 for the girl, a 22-year gap.

5. After all the main plot points were resolved, we now jump to the last scene, which resembled MM’s last scene in many ways. Michael asked her out for dinner, but she’s off to the airport for a gig in Australia, so she asked him for coffee instead now..

YxcSQUX.png

Look at the reaction, especially the head movements of Michael after hearing that invite from the girl..

ht8nqRE.gif

Note that a scenario where they had to part soon was also present, necessitating that they quickly wrap up their conversation. 

In the context of the show, despite the response from Michael was no longer shown, that is not an open ending. They are going to have romantic dates. What happens after these dates is of course no longer in scope, but the two progressing into the getting-to-know stage through romantic dates is implied even if not shown. And to show more than that would have been out-of-place in a movie that is primarily not of a romantic genre. That ending only served to emphasize the transformation of the protagonist, that he has now opened up again to people, including a possible romantic liaison.

Two insights that I got that deepened or validated my understanding of MM:

1. That “pretty” remark from DH is crucial. It paved the way for future interactions between DH and JA to have romantic tension. From that point on, it changed the tone of the show. This was not exactly the case in The Game, where the “attractive” remark served as Chekhov’s Gun. But just the same, such comments are put in there apparently for very important reasons.

2. To insert a romantic act like hugging or kissing at the ending scene would have been out-of-place as well in MM, considering it is not primarily a romance drama. To have shown such acts would have relegated the tone of the show to become inconsistent and its genre confusing. As such, the best they can really do is to imply a romantic liaison, very similar to how The Game ended.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, YukawaCattle said:

The director KWS actually already use the shots to hide lots of hints to tell the audiences that "the DongAn-KH&YR correspondence" and "DongYui-SH&AR correspondence." This article will list most of them.

WHOOAA!!! This is very interesting! I don't think anyone but you would have picked up on these things! (Wow!) :lol:  but I can see where you're coming from and you laid out your points and the data well. For me, it's actually hard to believe that KWS would actually go to this level of detail in making sure DH was sitting or standing closer to Ki Hoon or Sang Hoon depending on the situation (I mean, who does that?!)...but looking at all the scenes you compiled there does seem to be a pattern. If he really did all of these deliberately, we are looking at a master PDnim for sure! Wow.

These scenes definitely confirmed further that KH was the id and was always "around" when DH was moving closer to JA, and SH was the superego and was always "pushing" DH to reconcile with YH or move closer to her. The conflict piece is interesting to think about, i.e. who was DH having conflict with and what was the bigger plot in that moment? Our ego is always having conflict with our id and superego after all... :D

Thanks for sharing.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:23 PM, actionscript said:

For now I just wanted to share some quick thoughts about a movie I’ve watched last weekend on Netflix. The movie is “The Game,” a 1997 mystery thriller starring Michael Douglas as a greedy investment banker. (It has a tag that said its Netflix run will end by March 31. :() It’s theme and genre are totally different from My Mister, but surprisingly quite a number of elements reminded me of MM. In fact these similarities helped deepen and further validated my understanding of MM.

I watched The Game when it first came out! So I read your spoiler with lots of curiosity and interest. I don't remember much about the movie (just that there was a clown doll :blink:), but I can see how these points paralleled MM. So glad we learned about Chekhov's Gun.

On 3/15/2022 at 6:05 PM, Joseph Lim said:

My Mister Script Book Trailer

Thanks for this trailer, @Joseph Lim. :wub:

I saw on ktown4u.com that sold separately, both Book 1 and Book 2 are out of stock (even though they haven't been released yet). The only thing still available is the box set of Book 1 and 2.

• Like 2