Lin Geng Xin (LGX) 林更新 Official Thread

gentlelily12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2017 at 5:08 AM, yueyyo said:

I think it will start airing Sunday the 17th, unless they change their mind last minute.

Yes its tomorrow night. Lol the girl sounds so excited to meet LGX :D. Can imagine she is going to stay under the same roof with the infamous handsome guy whether or not he is her idol and he is going to cook for you awww :wub:

https://m.weibo.cn/6356582551/4185521825294404

• 2 weeks later...

2nd episode of SGYZ

LGX is rumoured to be in another wuxia drama 听雪楼 (Listening Snow Tower). Leading ladies could be Yang Zi and Li Qin. Netizen worried that LGX might not fit the role as the leading man is a sick/weak person. Anyway, lets wait for the official confirmation. 

Add: He was caught reading the novel in SGYZ.

15 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:

Netizen worried that LGX might not fit the role as the leading man is a sick/weak person

If he can be a cold, never smiling man of few words like YWY, he can play a sick/weak person.  My only problem with this, if it turned out to be true, is that it is another tragic character if the drama is anything like the book.   I also heard the production company doing this drama has a bad track record in terms on the quality of its productions. It doesn't look promising to me.  I might have to skip it.  I can't handle another icy lake kind of ending, especially if the production value is lacking.  

23 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

If he can be a cold, never smiling man of few words like YWY, he can play a sick/weak person.  My only problem with this, if it turned out to be true, is that it is another tragic character if the drama is anything like the book.   I also heard the production company doing this drama has a bad track record in terms on the quality of its productions. It doesn't look promising to me.  I might have to skip it.  I can't handle another icy lake kind of ending, especially if the production value is lacking.  

Sad ending may not be bad, can be very memorable too. And they may change the storyline anyway. 

19 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:

Sad ending may not be bad, can be very memorable too. And they may change the storyline anyway. 

I know that's what people say, but they are only memorable artistically to me.  I try to forget all the sad ones or avoid them altogether.  I am one of the few who never watched Titanic since we all know what happened to it.  I would watch the sad ones if something of redeeming value happens to put the sad ending into a triumphant or happy light.  For example, I loved Shindler's List even though the main character came to a sad ending because he did not die in vain.  I can't stand tragic ending like YWY's because it did not serve any higher purpose.  Let me stop there and go watch something to erase that memory from my mind:D.  

Happy New Year and let's hope next year is as good a year or better than this year was for LGX and everyone here.  Cheers:blush:.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do we know much more about his upcoming projects?  I know SGYZ is still airing and if I remember correctly, he is scheduled to start filming something after Vhinese New Year I think. The rumour I heard is a TV drama set in olden time, something with Snow in its title.  I also saw something about another reality TV show with Angelababy and Li Chen(?).  I don't know how accurate that is.  If anybody know any better, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

btw, 

I still haven't gotten around to watching SGYZ, just bits and pieces of it with him in it, like the one he was hugging the cute little girl, which reminded me of his previous show with the kids.  He looks like he is so ready to have one of his own.  Could we hear wedding bells soon?

15 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Do we know much more about his upcoming projects?  I know SGYZ is still airing and if I remember correctly, he is scheduled to start filming something after Vhinese New Year I think. The rumour I heard is a TV drama set in olden time, something with Snow in its title.  I also saw something about another reality TV show with Angelababy and Li Chen(?).  I don't know how accurate that is.  If anybody know any better, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

btw, 

I still haven't gotten around to watching SGYZ, just bits and pieces of it with him in it, like the one he was hugging the cute little girl, which reminded me of his previous show with the kids.  He looks like he is so ready to have one of his own.  Could we hear wedding bells soon?

Hihi, i saw the posters of Clash Bot a game show by Iqiyi. They have LGX, AB, Li Chen and Peter Sheng in the show. Scheduled to air in March. 

I m not a real fan of variety shows either. So me only watched some cut versions of SGYZ on weibo. He has a cooking show last month too. 

The only one i m interested in is his next drama. While i m stucked in dramaland now, i still following the news of "tin xue lou" 听雪楼 which had its ground breaking ceremony 2 days ago pending announcement of the main leads...rumour LGX and Zhang Zhi Xi now. Its quite a famous novel but i know u r not interested in tragic stories though. 

Spoiler

Btw if you want light hearted rom com drama, i highly recommend Mr Right starring Jin Dong and Maggie Jiang.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A belated Happy new year to you @gentlelily12 and everybody too.   Too busy for both so I had to pick between this or the shipping thread and the other thread won:D for various reasons.  It's good to see LGX is busy even if his thread isn't.  I know he has another reality show in the works, the one with the robots but I thought he was going to start a new drama after the new year and but I have not heard of anything concrete with regard to that.  Anybody know more details about that?  I know @cheeriekwan posted something with snow in the title but even that was still kind of uncertain.  

4 hours ago, yueyyo said:

A belated Happy new year to you @gentlelily12 and everybody too.   Too busy for both so I had to pick between this or the shipping thread and the other thread won:D for various reasons.  It's good to see LGX is busy even if his thread isn't.  I know he has another reality show in the works, the one with the robots but I thought he was going to start a new drama after the new year and but I have not heard of anything concrete with regard to that.  Anybody know more details about that?  I know @cheeriekwan posted something with snow in the title but even that was still kind of uncertain.  

Hihi belated happy new year to you both too. The production house finally announced their main leads 2 days ago and LGX is not one of them...lol. 

Clash Bot shd be more fun. SGYZ is boring for me n is going to end this Sunday. 

Archived