[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

My Wishlist of Deleted Scenes:

Se Hee's thoughts when he was on his way home, after Ji Ho kissed him at the bus stop in episode 1 because I want to know if he fell in love with her then. :lol:

Ji Ho hearing about how Se Hee beat up her previous co-writer.

Se Hee being jealous after they got married for real.

Sang Goo and Soo Ji's wedding hosted by Won Seok, where Sang Goo dances again, but this time for Soo Ji. Then Soo Ji and Sang Goo leave as a married couple not in a car but on her motorbike.

Se Hee doing the 500 Days of Summer dance routine (in a Se Hee like way) on his way back to work after Ji Ho came back.

Won Seok finally launching his own company, and re-hiring back his old friends whom he had a falling out with when he decided to work for Sang Goo. B)

Se Hee babysitting Ji Ho's nephew, or Ho Rang and Won Seok's baby.

Se Hee and Ji Ho's mother catching up and talking about heartwarming things. 

Se Hee treating his co-workers to a full meal.

Ho Rang wearing her colorful outfit, being a red coat, even if she's a wife and mother now.

Happy Jung Min dating her assistant.

A montage of Se Hee and Ji Ho's travels.

A montage of Se Hee and Ji Ho's daily life, eating breakfast, having a quiet time, being sweet, cuddling, kissing, and hugging. :lol::wub:

A montage of Se Hee and Ji Ho sleeping. Se Hee shifting in his sleep because Ji Ho snores so loud. I mean, how do they sleep? Give me all of their married life deets!

A PEEK INTO SE HEE AND JI HO'S ROOM 19 OF SEXY TIME. C'MON. LET US IN!!!  :heart:

Se Hee and Ji Ho take the train again, but this time, instead of looking somewhere else to sit, he remains standing in front of Ji Ho.

More Se Hee dry jokes. Ji Ho laughing. And their friends who are in the same room looking puzzled because they have no idea why it's funny.

Also, I find it funnier if, before meeting Ji Ho's family, Ji Ho tells Se Hee that her father always flips the table when he's mad. So that entire time during their first family dinner, Se Hee eats while holding the table down with his other hand.

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

Omg for a second I thought deleted scenes meant bloopers lol. omg yay though!

1. I hope we get to see that scene in Namhae where se hee is crouching down near Ji ho

2. when se hee wakes up and realizes Ji ho is really there next to him.

3. . Se hee and Ji ho registering their marriage for real. 

4. ho rang and won seok happy with their careers 

5. su ji and sang goo getting married

6. ji ho and se hee's honeymoon

also, this... omg jung so min wishes for a second season too lol. That's awesome! 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/10/jung-min-shares-hopes-first-life-return-2nd-season/

• Like 4

It was fun rewatching the series. Haha. 

- I noticed that Bok Nam really is in the bus in Ep 4 ending and in the wedding. Hahaha. They probably didn't notice him (evenn with his good looks) because they didn't have that interaction (like they were introduced to each other or such) so the stalkerry vibe given to Bok Nam kind of validates it. (I don't know if I'm making any sense but yeah) hehehe

• Like 4

It’s only been two weeks since the last episode but it feels like 3 months. Still have no interest in the new dramas : too much cops/judge/procedural shows. Maybe I will try Jugglers before rewatching every episode of BTIMFL. 

Still can’t handle rewatching the first episodes, it still hurts. I only rewatch the last. 

• Like 7

So, I eventually read "Room 19" book and the book was really depressing.

It went from: "marriage" to "quitting job" to "happy couple with 4 kids and a large suburb house" to "husband infidelity" to "loneliness and detachment to the family" to "loneliness is better than family" to "anything is better than family" to "the end".

In some sense, SH and JH went from "happily married without love" to "unhappily married with love" to "loneliness might be better than being unhappy in love" before reversing the course and became "happily in love".

Both SH and JH went through the loneliness as a choice to see what the alternatives are and neither liked the alternatives. SH had a choice too, he could have prevented JH from leaving or proclaimed his love. He did not.

But both came out of the ordeal better for it. SH to express his feelings better and JH to become a strong, determined woman who strives for her own happiness.

===

Note, I am really excited that the Director and JSM both wanted session 2. Make it happen tvN!!!

• Like 10

Finally, JSM's interviews are out. Offering my humble service to translate the Chinese translated articles from Baidu JSM Bar.  The Chinese fans translated all 3 interviews that came out today.

Credits to Baidu Jung So Min Bar, Chinese translation by kkkkkhang

Sports Donga Interview

Spoiler

On Lee Min Ki & the first kiss

Jung So Min sat down for an interview with Sports Donga on the 11th of December at a cafe in Samcheongdong. "I received a lot of support from him as he is a sunbae. In the beginning, See Hee was a character that was not very 'human', but in reality, (LMK) is a sunbae that makes one feel reassured. Thank you for accepting my acting."

On the kiss scene at the beginning of the drama, JSM also expressed gratitude. "I had asked the PD why there was a kiss scene when we weren't familiar with each other. Even then, sunbae led me well, so that I did not feel so awkward, so I am thankful to him."

On the character Yoon Ji-ho

JSM expressed fondness for the character Yoon Ji-Ho.

"Some actors will go travelling after their drama ends, but I have never done that. Whenever I start a new project, I will look for the special characteristics of that character, and when filming ends, I would want to bring with me the good aspects of the character. In terms of Yoon Ji-Ho, there are many aspects that one can learn from her, our characters are also similar in many ways."

JSM says, "To-date, Yoon Ji-ho is the character that is most similar to me, among all the characters that I have played. I also grew up in a Gyeongsangdo family. Although my father wanted me to have an ordinary life, I wanted to choose my own path. This is one aspect that we are similar. However, only Ji-Ho will say out loud what she want to say, I admire her in this aspect."

On acting in romance dramas

"(I) received more positive comments than I could ever imagine. "Because This is My First Life" came right after "My Father is Strange". I was worried that the two dramas would be similar in style. Thankfully, the kind of attention they received were different."

"I did not want to feel that my pairing with Lee Joon oppa and Lee Min Ki sunbae is the same. I am the kind that always observe the good aspects of a person, and learn from him. In this way, I become a better person. So I do not want to be affected by other projects and other (styles?) of acting when I am working on a collaboration."

She said, "Working with Lee Joon is like (a Beagle?), we joke with each other during filming. While when I work with Lee Min Ki sunbae, I can feel his experience...yes, this is what a sunbae is like."

Interview with Starnews

Spoiler

On being described as the "Goddess of Romcom"

Jung So Min expressed gratitude in being described as the "Goddess of Romcom". "Although I don't know who gave this comment for me, I am thankful. Regardless of whether it is an adjective or a title, it is something that makes one happy."

She says, "Even without these descriptives, I am happy to be an actress. Because this is a career that I love, I will work harder in the future."

On turning 30

Jung So Min expressed anticipation about turning 30. 

"I love acting and enjoy it immensely. Of course, (when I approach) a character, I will feel frustrated and stressed, but I want to turn this positive pressure into strength. In this way, I can connect the two easily."

"There are many aspects that (I) want to learn from Ji Ho. In terms of personal growth, I have not been able to live independently. Because there are many good people around me, I am able to learn from them. "

"I will be turning 30 soon. Previously, (I thought) it would be good if I turn 30 faster. I look forward to the feeling of becoming an adult when I am 30. Yet, I feel that I am still a child when I have these thoughts."

"Although I can feel the changes as I approach 30 years old, but the awareness is not great. I think I will feel that I have turned 30 when I am in my mid-30s."

On her wish to get Best Couple Award with Lee Joon

Jung So Min said that to have great chemistry with one's co-star, one has to try and discover the good aspects of him. 

"Because the age difference between Lee Joon and I is only one year, we felt at ease while filming."

She says that she has strong desires about her projects, but not for awards.

She also says that there are plans to visit Lee Joon in the army with the cast from FIS. When asked whether she would take a photo with Lee Joon at the army if they won Best Couple Award, she said, "Of course."

On her first kiss with Lee Min Ki in "Beacause this is My First Life"

Jung So Min said, "(LMK) is very experienced and I could rely on him. Initially, Se Hee's character was not very 'human' (cold?). But even when the cameras were not rolling, he took care of me. Because he was very amiable to me, it was comfortable acting together. Slowly, we develop a mutual understanding that "If I act this way, you will react this way'."

On her kiss with LMK in the first episode, Jung So Min said it was awkward. She even asked the PD why they had to film it when they were not familiar with each other. But even back then, how LMK took care of her left a deep impression on her. They even watched the scenes together through the monitor, and took care of how each other would act. Although it was awkward, it was not uncomfortable (uneasy?)

As always, I must put a disclaimer that there may be some words that are not accurately translated due to double-translation from the Chinese version. Those who know Korean, please feel free to point out inaccuracies. 

Also, the photos that were released today made me appreciate the cameramen and photographers from BTIMFL even more. JSM looked WAY PRETTIER in the drama. They really know how to capture her natural beauty. The photos today were just meh.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Agreed, @cherryblossomkawai, the extensions looked very good on her.. I don't like her short hair in FIS. Hoping she retains this appearance as long as possible.

JSM looked prettier in the photoshoots and stills of BTIMFL because of the presence of a certain someone.........wait this isn't the shipping thread. Terribly sorry, I'll excuse myself now.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

15 hours ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

I think JSM is pretty but some of pictures aren’t good because of the lights. 

She still has the long extensions. 

I am thinking is she going to another projet  when she need her hair to be long.

Actually she will make and special appearance in a movie in 2018. She is supposed to be in the first scene of the movie. It will be a Han Hyo Joo and Kang Dong Won ‘movie

Of course this is an information that needs to be confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2