[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

37 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Maybe. But after 3 decades of life I don't think it's unrealistic that she would have a bit more experience (including second-hand) and skill in dealing with people and expressing herself, however mildly, than an inexperienced teenager would. At least for me as a viewer, I would have found it more interesting to see her character deal with it in a slightly more adult way given her age than dealing with it like an inexperienced teenager, since the latter seems to be quite well-represented in dramas already. (I'm so sorry teenagers. :() As for Se Hee...his character was constructed to be limited in emotional expression with a lot of relationship baggage, and he has been taking the initiative in nearly all of their couple interactions so far, so I guess I'm kind of easier on him. :tongue: I do hope like @kimnabong said that they'll talk things out more in the next episodes. There's still 4 episodes anyway; I suppose that's plenty of time for me to be (pleasantly) surprised.

It's certainly not unrealistic that she would have a bit of experience, however, it's also possible for a woman her age to act like how she did. I know from experience since my older sister is exactly that way. She recently hit 30 this year and anything remotely romantic (if it happens to her) makes her cringe like a teenager. But she loves watching romance and thus react like a teenager would. Seriously when I was watching JiHo on screen during Ep 12 and her reactions I see my sister, it was so amusing.

• Like 16
  • LOL 1

Hello guysss. I don't know how I will refrain myself to not rewatch the last 2 episodes for too many times.

I kind of I agree with some of you, about some problems in the writing about the transition of SH. I think they have inserted more comical clips to smooth a bit the edges of the square-SH

I personally agree (sorry for the cut) 

6 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

It's not that he never had it in him. It's just that he had it under padlock and she's the key that unlocks it all out of him and the feels and desire are all bursting out now.

I think he is getting used to his emotional side, something that he forgot during the 12 years. (now he is also giving some advices to WJ, showing more compassion. not like the scene with SG post cry). 

In his last scene, I felt a sense of liberation. like a freedom inside his heart that never felt for a very long time. He was setting himself free. JH helped him but he was the one who decided to be happy again. Nobody can save someone else, if they don't want that. For me it was a wonderful moment for SH. Maybe a bit short. 

I don't know if somebody can relate to this but: 

if you don't smile for a long time (or show your emotional state with expressions) you start to be embarrassed to smile again. You start think and and you become self-conscious. it's a never-ending loop that lead to emotional isolation. For me that was the "first-SH". I had the feeling that he was almost imposing himself to be the Mr. Robot of the situation. Like he was refrain himself to get into the others' life, into the human (SG asked SH to be more human at the beginning) world made of love, hate, joy and pain. He wanted a life without anything, because he thought he could not deserve better.

Also, hellooo! another rare female INTJ here and I agree of course with you 

2 hours ago, hannajo said:

Hello First Lifers! I'm new to this thread and I just wanted to share my perspective as someone whose personality is very similar to Se-hee's. I'm no MBTI expert, but I think the writer based his personality on the INTJ type. Which is also my MBTI type, except that I'm a female INTJ, a supposedly very rare species. :lol:

In the moment you get a grasp of your emotion, you will go for it, in the most efficient way. But he must analyze the situation because having the data, the information is the first and best step to avoid errors or problems in the future.

So at the beginning there is some time to reach a better understanding of the situation before the act, and when that happens it's fearless. So guys, be prepared and don't worry. We will have a crescendo. 
And I think the ex story will help that.

AND SG :bawling:

The moment he saw her with the mum and realized what he was doing omogmog 

SG is one of my faves, along JH's mother (adoring the actress) 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kimnabong said:

LOL I'm in my thirties and I still appreciate the date. I appreciate SH's efforts because this is JH's "first" everything. Wouldn't it be a bit sad if they went ahead with their normal ways, grew old together with JH never having had a youthful date? So I think it's cute of SH to have thought if it though I think more than the dates, what JH really likes to do is to be with him. 

p.s. i want a bts of the couch scene where JH explained that she has to take off her make up and gushing when SH said you look the same with our without it. Hahaha. I really had a laugh. Flirty Ji Ho and shocked SH is such a funny duo 

OMG! That couch scene of them talking about make-up, JH's reaction really cracked me up.  And when she was at her room removing her make-up, she was so horny.  I died hard when she said "but until when is that all there will be? i'm not into platonic love, you old fool."   Gee, she's expecting for more after that kiss.  More kisses, more skinship and to score a goal   LOL   I noticed too that every time when saying goodnight to SH, she's reluctant to go inside her room.  I feel embarrass for her because she was very obvious.  Who knows, the reason why SH asked to go to bed with him is because he felt her desire. :lol:    SH is a keen observer so it's possible. :tongue:

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

@Ros Rivera, I too thought they were either living with the father or in his current house now. The only reason I don't think they got married was because SH still has the marriage form--that would have been turned in if they had married.  Maybe they were living together and the father rejected her as a potential daughter in law.

Personally, I hope JH goes ahead and gets back into writing. Her father in law likes a daughter in law that has a degree and is well educated, but doesn't want her to have a job that outshines his son. I really don't want her to lose sight of writing which is a passion of hers.

I second this. I don't think they actually got married too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, b4l01 said:

OMG! That couch scene of them talking about make-up, JH's reaction really cracked me up.  And when she was at her room removing her make-up, she was so horny.  I died hard when she said "but until when is that all there will be? i'm not into platonic love, you old fool."   Gee, she's expecting for more after that kiss.  More kisses, more skinship and to score a goal   LOL   I noticed too that every time when saying goodnight to SH, she's reluctant to go inside her room.  I feel embarrass for her because she was very obvious.  Who knows, the reason why SH asked to go to bed with him is because he felt her desire. :lol:    SH is a keen observer so it's possible. :tongue:

the kiss she was imagining .. when talking to SH at bus stop.. i mean the tongues licking lips :tongue:

• LOL 5

I was surprised when JH said to SJ that she did not think SH liked her back in episode 10 or 11. This after the motorbike rescue and the bus pick ups. So, JH was very naive in that sense, and since we were always presented only with JH's view during episodes 5-9, we never really knew what SH was really thinking, although his actions were really obvious and not so subtle.

I loved when SH kept staring at JH on the couch while they watched the drama on TV. To me, it looked as bad in love as JH staring at SH's face that morning which prompted him to change his hairstyle.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Maybe. But after 3 decades of life I don't think it's unrealistic that she would have a bit more experience (including second-hand) and skill in dealing with people and expressing herself, however mildly, than an inexperienced teenager would. At least for me as a viewer, I would have found it more interesting to see her character deal with it in a slightly more adult way given her age than dealing with it like an inexperienced teenager, since the latter seems to be quite well-represented in dramas already. (I'm so sorry teenagers. :() As for Se Hee...his character was constructed to be limited in emotional expression with a lot of relationship baggage, and he has been taking the initiative in nearly all of their couple interactions so far, so I guess I'm kind of easier on him. :tongue: I do hope like @kimnabong said that they'll talk things out more in the next episodes. There's still 4 episodes anyway; I suppose that's plenty of time for me to be (pleasantly) surprised.

They've got to start somewhere and if that includes JH dealing with her feelings in a not so experienced way then so be it. It's like what you said. I guess 4 eps enough to showcase more mature interactions between JH and SH. :) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, meiil said:

But the thing is this is her first time experiencing all this, of course she's super awkward and inept.. it would too unrealistic to have her deal with this new situation as an experienced woman. Same goes with SH, he might have the experience but for him this is also a first time. He's coming into a new relationship after 12 years of being single and full of emotional issues, he can't deal with JH and their new status like a normal 38 years man would do.

They are both inept when it comes to love but they are learning now.

Even the sister in -law noticed how they do feel like a teenage couple, bc that's exactly what they are experiencing now in order to become a mature couple by the end of their process.

The show itself is called Because This is My First Life for a reason.

Woman in 30s here. I think no matter how old you are, you appreciate a nice date. Not necessary one that ends up in a hotel but just being together and having innocent fun.

As @meiil mentioned, it is her first experience with love, most likely of the physical and emotional kind. Her sister in law could sense and see the awkwardness of a newly established couple, definitely not a married pair. They did not have the sense of intimate familiarity that you find with couples who have already gone beyond mere skinship with each other. SH is definitely the more experienced one, even if he doesn't behave like a man of the world.

I think these two characters, once they fully give their hearts, they go all in. And in SH's case, he has been hurt before so he knows how the story can end. Who can fault him for being cautious this time round. But when he looked at JH in this scene and you know his thoughts, it just made me melt.

aModbq.gif
UqOP0x.gif

Forgive me if I reuse this gif, but what JH said was profound.

"It is the same sea, yet not exactly the same." (To paraphrase)

1NL696.gif

The previous relationship is not the same as a new relationship. The ending is not yet definite.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, b4l01 said:

Her face was totally all "is the day really over now? Do we have to sleep in separate rooms? Am I only going to see you tomorrow?" Hahaha she was like a kitten or a child being put to bed. 

I long for that time when they start to be comfortable with each other so much that she doesn't hesitate to put her head on his lap or stroke his arms. I love love love how the hand holding is slowly becoming a habit. I really can't wait to see what happens on the bed next week, when they're lying next to each other looking at each other's faces. I think I'll make do with wholesome handholding or spooning throughout sleep but I think we'll be getting a lot of laughs about how uncomfortable it will begin to be.

BTW, I need need need to see Se Hee laugh at least once within this drama. I need to see a fully plastered smile and some boisterous laughter coming out of his face. I need to see him comfortable with happiness.

• Like 14
  • LOL 4

8 hours ago, africandramalover said:

So.... after watching the kissing scene for the millionth time.....

I was dying at the slurping sounds JH was making as she goes in on the kiss. And the way she grabbed his coat collar and just went in on that kiss while making that kissing soundtrack over the phone ringtone. She was so into it, I started wondering whether it's acting or real!!

I was jealous!!

This drama, I must RE-WATCH!

Yo...... presenting to you to watch the next million times. Enjoy the slurping ... !!

SH can't get enough of her too....... his million times scrolling for her.hahah

DOmcHPFW0AAuhkS.jpg

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

This is totally unrelated to half the content posted here but I saw some of you guys wondering where JH’s earing are from, they are Swarovski! I think they are only available in certain countries cos I can find the stud version of JH’s earrings in the UK store but not the ones in the drama. 

I also noticed that both JH&SH has a few pieces from burberry, SH’s has one or two trench coats and JH’s backpack from the beach scene is from them.. I am quite observant when it comes to certain brands! Sorry for this random post! :huh:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Whoaaa... I cant believe how much the pages have jumped to! This post is going to be long. I apologized _/\_

I have mixed feeling about this ep. By the end of the ep, I know I should be kyaa kyaa with SH's proposition to 'sleep with JH', instead I was sighing heavily. :unsure:

As much as I love JH and I do love her, if she's a real person, I'd love to be besties with her; but I feel she is too naive in love. I guess that's because she has never experienced love. Perhaps she was never interested on being in love because she idolized the idea of love, being fated to love. WIth SH, somehow things are perfect. All circumstances lead to her idea of Love. 

So yes, the pandora box is out alright; it's not just the physical needs but also all the lovey dovey feelings. She falls hard and she expects too much. I notice that in earlier eps, every time she has expectation and when it doesnt happen, she becomes cold and distant. The after-wedding-we-scene, the defender-scene, and from the look of next ep, it's going to fit this pattern. I'd like to think this is because she speaks more with her heart. 

SH, on the contrary, think with his head, even on the matter of the heart. The beach scene woke him up, giving him the idea that "yes, I have been unhappy for too long, I should live happily with this pretty person who seems to love me". 

That word "pretty" keeps being repeated again and again. Is that how he sees JH, that she's pretty? I want him to acknowledge JH's other best traits than just being pretty. 

I'm just feeling heavy that these two enter the relationship with different motives. JH for the Love and SH for being happy. 

WS-HR: 

I can only say this to the couple, relationships are like glass.. sometimes its better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.

I guess the moment the couch entered the apt, their relationship started to crack. I remember one scene in US series Dexter, when he asked a murderous couple on their secret of happy marriage, the couple said because they shared the same dream, the same outlook in life. WS and HR have different dreams and sadly those dreams don't meet in the middle. My big regret is that HR should be the one who let go first, not WS. The moment the realization comes, it will be healthier for her to admit it first and let go. 

SG-SJ: 
The only couple that makes me breathe easier in this ep. Trouble is still brewing of course, but somehow whatever problem this couple have, I can still take it and say "bring it on". :wink:

I love SJ's finding something fun to do - which later on, I can bet on it, becomes her startup - her real business. 

Oh, does SJ mother's suffered from polio? :mellow:

Thank youu for reading this. Off to backread. 

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, niniwu97 said:

This is totally unrelated to half the content posted here but I saw some of you guys wondering where JH’s earing are from, they are Swarovski! I think they are only available in certain countries cos I can find the stud version of JH’s earrings in the UK store but not the ones in the drama. 

I also noticed that both JH&SH has a few pieces from burberry, SH’s has one or two trench coats and JH’s backpack from the beach scene is from them.. I am quite observant when it comes to certain brands! Sorry for this random post! :huh:

Do you happen to know what brand of bag Ji Ho carries on their date in ep 12? That black bucket bag? It’s gorgeous! Thanks!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, meiil said:

@chubbyzmae gf, they lived together and broke up bf getting married. @niniwu97 I do that too! In fact I even went as far as looking for them on Swarovski website. It’s a limited Asia collection https://www.swarovski.com/Mob_KR/en/5347215/product/Halve_Pierced_Earring_Set,_Long,_Black,_Rose_gold_plating.html

Hehe same! I looked at the website but couldn’t access the asian store from my end! XD They are a beautiful pair of earrings, I am sure since the drama is quite popular in korea they will have a lot of affortable dupes~ I would love to own a pair of my own I will keep an eye out to something along the line for myself xD

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, chubbyzmae said:

I am sorry to ask this question again because i am not sure.....

so jung min is Se hee's ex girlfriend or ex wife? 

ex girlfriend. I don't think they ever got to register the marriage. But that's my take.

As for the kiss. Hahhahahhahahaha I swear the multitasking between the talking about the phone call but still kissing like crazy. combined with the open eyes. hahaha. I kennot  SH you old fool. And then the heavy sigh from SH when JH finally pulled away and he also pursed his lips as she was answering the phone. You totally didn't want her to answer it ,did you? LOL Se Hee Ssi.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, aisling said:

Do you happen to know what brand of bag Ji Ho carries on their date in ep 12? That black bucket bag? It’s gorgeous! Thanks!

Sadly I don’t i thought i could of been by chole, gucci, juicy couture, ted baker etc. since they had a few items with pearl designs right now but I haven’t been able to track it down yet! So sorry! 

EDIT : Saying that JC has a V similar looking bag http://www.juicycouture.com/velvet-wilshire-woodlands-mini-bucket-bag/d/7540C24195?CategoryId=300 but its not as pretty as JH’s!

• Like 2