[Drama 2017] Byun Hyuk’s Love, 변혁의 사랑

sky5joyous

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mxxellaThank you for the post from kdrama reactions.....I so agree wit the writer of the review ... re the double date arrangement of Joon without telling Je Hoon who he is supposed to be dating......you can't make assumptions and make an arranged date for  anyone. In the long run, if the date failed, the one who made the arrangements will end up getting blamed by both parties who happen to be friends. Assumptions are dangerous and lessons can be learned from what is said about making richard simmons-umptions...sorry Joon... 

On 11/20/2017 at 7:41 PM, triplem said:

I am rather certain is that the "War of the Brothers" will escalate , and ironically it is a war approved by the father. Did you get the vibe that the old man despite his own shortcomings and god knows how many skeletons he has in his closet, seems to have preference for Hyuk and actually is not fond of the older son taking over? I have a feeling he is aware that Hyuk took the blame for WS's accident in the past, and knows exactly

I don’t believe that Woo Sung is inherently evil….but with a father like Daddy Byun…. who may have learned his values and become  who he is, from who was before him his ancestors, his generation etc. Since Biblical times, to the Greek tragedies, through  all the ages to now  there has always been stories of rivalry and jealousy amongst siblings…. Especially if one perceives a sibling to be favored by a parent… true or not, but that perception can foment rivalries that could build up into competitive animosity to becoming enemies.  Personal witnessing: I was having dinner with my best girlfriends once. One of my friend’s sister just died and we were commiserating with her. She said that her sister’s daughter, the niece, told her that her mother (the sister who died) was always jealous of her sister (my girlfriend). My friend then said that she was surprised and she never knew that her sister had been jealous of her. My other girlfriend then said, she was not surprised. She said that she had a younger sister and she was jealous of her sister whom she thought was favored by their parents and she said “I once wanted to kill her”. There then followed an interesting and feisty discussion of sibling jealousy and rivalry, … back to the drama…. I thought it interesting that they explored sibling rivalry in this drama. I am not condoning Woo Sung but I understand him. It implies to me that this has happened before with daddy Byun with his philosophy “to fight for what you want”…. Meaning fight for the company, encouraging the rivalry. Who cares about who gets hurt, survival of the fittest attitude. Is it worth if for Hyuk? Will the war between the brothers really be good for the company? Will it help the employees and Hyuk’s friends or will it lead to destruction? Is the company salvageable anyway, and Hyuk being the son of the family, will he not be implicated?

How about Joon? Daddy Byun, after Joon criticized him and voiced her complaints loudly about how he ran his company, called her out …”you are a coward” …. I tend to agree. I understand how she feels about the Byuns because of what was done to her father. But not knowing what she wants, go about doing part time jobs to survive then complaining about it … is blaming the world and not taking responsibility for her dreams, for what she wants to be. All she says  is she can’t be this and she can’t be that. So it must have been an eye opener or a challenge for her when Hyuk’s mom asked her what she wanted to be, what her dreams were? What was her passion? If she knows that and if it is something she could offer that will help others, then she knows where to start. She has to be willing to work hard and stop complaining about others but concentrate on what she can offer that has value to others.

You don’t fight for a place to the top of the company and then take over the company without incurring losses to self and others. That is not really how one starts if one wants to own one. Entrepreneurs start their own. They first know themselves, what they want to do and then build from there. Entrepreneurship, the way I see it,  is the way to go for these young people. Hyuk does not have to fight big bro or daddy Byun. In Mr Kim’s proposal, organic food was the item that was rejected. So here is an idea where they all can start. A green market. Since Woo Sung thinks that lunches was not a big sales producer of the Byun Corp, then they can start there. They will not be a direct competition of big bro. They can take the rejected proposal of Mr. Kim and make that the stepping stone for their own business.

Jae Hoon, he is the one person whom Hyuk needs if they have to start a business of their own. Hyuk has the connections, where he can borrow start up money from his mom and his “vi..a” uncle who dotes on him. Hyuk is an inbred salesman, a persuasive negotiator it is in his genes. Jae Hoon on the other hand is the steadying arm, the business attorney who will provide vital assistance in almost every aspect from the start of their business. Joon is the inspiration the one who will define the “business” they are going to enter into after she thinks about what she wants to do to serve or help others.

But I don’t think it will happen the way I am envisioning it, LOL, after all this is K drama. My only hope is, the Byuns will not make Jae Hoon the escape goat like they once did to his father.

On 11/19/2017 at 1:54 PM, katakwasabi said:

Unfortunately i dont care much about hyuk. In the end he is still using his position as the CEO's son to get stuff moving. His actions are not realistic nor sensible. 

I agree that Hyuk's character growth is sudden and yeah not realistic...people do change if they want to and if they put an effort to it....growth is not sudden .... it has to be seasoned but it is a very short series so I guess they have to hurry it up...and yes I want to see JH blossom 

@zenya22 I enjoyed reading your recent  post above. Agree that no one is inherently evil - WS included - I think at the end of the day people are a product of nature & nurture. Unfortunately in this drama , WS ‘s character has so far been quiet one dimensional, the only time he seems a little more “human” to me is him taking some time to have brunch with mum. 

It will be an interesting idea if the 3 of them can come out and start their own thing as they each have complimentary strengths. However I am still interested to see if the writer can really pull off this paradigm shift that Hyuk has been talking about in the way business is done - that things don’t always have to be a zero sum game ; it can be a  win win for all. I know it’s not realistic but since this is drama , I don’t mind an hour of feeling good & hopeful :)

——

purely for fangirling , he looks cute here

And won’t forget those who love JH. I don’t have SLS , but I do agree that JH really needs to get this off his chest

I live streamed today, and I must say today's ep is so satisfying <333

The camaraderie of our three main leads is just lovely and adorable !!!

Finally the plot is thickening and I cant wait for tomorrow's ep

The amusement park scene is (hopefully) tomorrow kyaaaahhh

I wonder what made 5 of them go to amusement park together kkkk

and pls Woosung really needs to go to hell, dont you dare hurt my baby TT

I can't believe next Sunday is already the last ep of Revolutionay Love ><

Archived