[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

@setokaonii  Thank you for the information! So Orihime shrine isn't in Tokyo? I see. I guess for those who likes visiting shrines and temples 1 hour 40 minutes isn't that far, especially not if the place has special meaning to someone ^_^.

Wow, 6 songs of Nishino Kana are featured in the movie? That's a lot. I'll check out "Best Friend" then if you think it is the best among them :).

I don't get tired either of watching the BTS.

I especially like looking at the instant photos of the BTS that poohwo posts on her IG because she always captures the moments that we might overlook when watching the clip in motion. For example the picture beneath:

I believe this was when they were rehearsing since I'm sure Ryota didn't smile in the actual movie. It seems like Japanese actors/actresses would usually rehearse a few times before they actually start filming because I remember there was another time when he was shirtless with a towel hanging over one of his shoulder during this scene (in the BTS). 

@ryotatao9495 Are they hating the idea of Tao being in this movie so much because Masaki Suda is Kento's close-friend? That's the impression I got by reading some comments in asianwiki. Or is it because "My Little Monster" is a quite popular manga so there are a lot of fans who don't want it to get a live-adaption? Either way, we can't stop these haters from saying what they want. I just hope the movie will do well and that Tao's performance will make these people take back their criticisms. Fortunately, the directors and judges (of the different award ceremonies) aren't so superficial and actually give recognition to people like Tao who are hardworking, talented and who aren't afraid to take on all kind of roles. 

@ryotatao9495 Sadly, Tao seems to know about the criticisms. I just read the translations to the post she wrote yesterday. She have heard a lot of people say that she isn't compatible in the role as Shizuku. She said she has gone through times when she would feel sorry and ashamed and also think "why has it become like this?" She has once thought if her "I have already done my best" is an excuse to make herself feel better but then she knows that doing her best is the only thing she can do. Tao then used Edward Scissorhands to describe her feelings. The more he (Edward) tries to protect the one he loves, the more wounded they would get because he has scissor-hands. 

She thinks perhaps she is like him, even though she is trying her best she still won't get accepted by people. At the end she says that she will be happy as long as the movie gets good results. 

• Like 1

@Transition I said before, Tao knows all, she read all and she is always stressed. 

Remember when she received TAMA Awards for New Comer last year and she cried on stage, she said at first she thought acting is interesting and made she happy, but day by day, she realized it is very difficult, many bad comments made Tao hurt... It was the time My little monster released teaser, posters and many people bash Tao.

If I'm not wrong, at the same time, she also posted on IG at the time Tonari teaser was out, it's similar the status you said above that she know she isn't suitable this role, everyone don't like it but she tried and did her best. 

Sadly, most of people who likes J-drama/Movies hate Tao. So, I think I can't list all. You know what I mean. I think you know where are they from. 

What do you feel about this comment "even this is first mainrole, even he didn't have experience in acting, he still acted better than Tao who had many many years experience."? 

This one just watched 2 ep, many people just saw 1 ep and they gave up. But they bashed Tao because of the stupid plot. 

What do you think when many people blamed Tao because of her role?

It's not herself, her fault, right?

In shoujo live action, male roles/actors are lovely, perfect, and female roles/actresses are stupid, make everyone hate.

I think most of actresses can't act well in shoujo roles recently, most of roles are stupid and difficult to understand. I saw many actresses who acted very good in difficult roles, got prizes but couldn't act well in shoujo live action. Not only Tao, but also many young actresses now. If they are beautiful, at least they won't be bash. If they isn't beautiful, they will be bash too much, like Tao and Mugi. Mugi is beautiful and her acting is really good, but many haters bash her too much because of her face isn't young or beautiful. They said actors tried but Mugi is the reason make drama flop... I laughed too much.

If talk about bad acting, There are many big stars to list before Tao, but they are very beautiful/handsome, they are famous many many years, and most of Tao's haters know that thing but they never bash those stars, they just say although those stars act bad but those stars are very beautiful, very famous,...they admire those stars and bash young rising stars. It's not fair. 

• Sad 1

I  watched  the anime of my little monster a year ago i liked it but it's not one of my favorites however i want to see the live action because of Tao. it really makes me sad that people judge Tao before watching the actual movie and say that she is not fited for the role. I have faith in Tao and I believe she can play the role of Shizuku just fine and from what I saw from the trailer it seemed to me that she did a good job.Anyway i am looking more forward to kasane since I am fan of this manga! I never expected it to get a live action and let alone that Tao will be in it too!

• Like 1

@ryotatao9495 I think Tao is beautiful though. She may not have the V-shape face that many Asians seem to like but her features look good, she has big eyes, high nose-bridge and nice smile. Besides, it isn't only the outside that counts but her talents and personality as well. If people can't see beyond the exterior then it is their loss. It is good that Tao is quite optimistic as a person. In her latest post (the one with the director of Pluto) she seems to be back to her normal cheerful self again. I think Tao's fans I have encountered have good manners. They won't start to argue with those people who leave hateful comments which I think is the best way to handle it, to not stir up problems and make things worse. 

@justananimelover I believe Tao will be fine in "My Little Monster" too. She really puts all her effort in her roles and I have heard the role is similar to some of her previous ones (when she was still acting as supporting actress) so it isn't something very unfamiliar to her. 

I'm looking forward to Kasane too where she will be portraying two different roles. How far has the manga come now? Is there other important characters there except the two female leads? I have heard that there's a guy that Nina likes?

Okay, now back to Ryota and Tao...

Ryota and Gene members just had a collaboration with Guess. The interview that they had with them was released today. The members were asked follwing question:

Q: What type of "denim fashion" would you hope that a girl would wear when you are going on a date? What would the dating scenario be?

Ryota: "Hm...I should I put this. I think I would like girls to wear long skirts. The ones of jeans are quite good. Wearing that kind of clothing and then take a walk together." *laughs a little*

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1748006

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4209617820635705

Do you guys still remember the clothes Ryota chose for Tao? It seems like he do really like girls wearing long skirts. 

006zj0xygy1fh5cf0fw9rj30dr0iw0v6.jpg&key

I have been around long enough to know that you cannot stop trolls and haters.

All we can do is not to feed the negativity and focus on the positive.

She is a versatile actress. I actually think it is more difficult to act cute compared to acting as a serious character!

All I can be happy about is that she is getting great reviews from those who has watched her shows and stage performances (e.g. Pluto)

http://felixonline.co.uk/articles/2018-02-15-pluto-a-manga-come-to-life/

http://exeuntmagazine.com/reviews/review-pluto-barbican/

Of a dedicated and physically fluid cast, Tao Tsuchiya stands out for the way she morphs brilliantly between playing cutesy schoolgirl Uran in bunches and a pink mackintosh, and the buttoned-up Helena, a middle-aged wife saturated in sadness.

Back to Ryota and Tao - Thank you for the translations! @Transition. Looks like the Anikoma love is still going strong and Ryota is pretty honest with his answers during interviews. LOL.

@Dramanoona  

@Dramanoona I deleted my latest comment about what haters said. Sorry if I make you read thing you don't want.

I've known Tao since she was very young, was an unpopular actress till became a rising star, no one bash her acting or her personality until she is very popular.

That's why I'm hurt when she has a lot of haters now, especially when Tao knows and she's hurt.

@setokaonii  I thought it was cute too when Ryota was laughing a little after he had replied to the question. I was thinking if he thought of Tao and perhaps imagined the scenario and then laughed shyily about his own thought ^_^

@Dramanoona  Thank you for sharing the reviews of Pluto. It makes me glad too to read that the audience enjoyed the show and especially praised Tao for her portrayal of her characters. Although I don't usually go to the theatres but if Pluto was shown in Sweden I would definitely go and watch it to support her. 

Yes, I like how Ryota's answers to different questions can be connected to Tao :tongue:.

@ryotatao9495 I believe Tao's fans are mature in handling these matters so I haven't doubted that you would handle it well too :).

Talk about Tao, in 3 interviews during 2017, she said she hates her voice, hates her smile and she can't say she is an actress, she shames and thinks she doesn't deserve to be an actress. 

I'm sad when she answered interviews like that. 

I hope after she got many many compliments for Hachihana, PLUTO, she will be more confident.

The reason I love Ryota too much is he seems to like everything of Tao while many people hate: her voice, her face, her smile, her personality. He talked about Tao like a normal girl, not like an actress. He takes care about Tao, he knew and told everyone that Tao is always stressed, she has many difficulties. And he wants to be beside Tao, helps her out of stress. 

No one says that until Ryota comes.

@Transition There are only 26 chapters transleted in english. I think the manga is still ongoing and to me it seems that it will need time until it is finished so I wonder what kind of an ending will the live action have. So far it's a really interesting story ,it's a hidden gem  such an original story! I really love it and I am glad that Tao will get to play in the live action. The manga focuses mostly on the two females and yes Nina has someone she likes but I guess it's better not to say any more so I don't spoil the story but I want to say it's one of my favorite mangas  so far!

• Thanks 1

@ryotatao9495 I think it is really heartwarming too the way Ryota treats Tao. As some fans have said we would feel happy and relieved if they really are a couple because he seems like a good guy whom we can entrust Tao to. It is true what you said about Ryota being the only one who have said words like he would protect her and be with her during difficulties. I have been watching clips of other guys reading their letters to Tao to compare. Here are the clips for those who haven't watched them yet. 

Ryota's letter:

To Tao-chan:

Although you are always saying that you are really happy that the role as "Onii" was played by me but in my heart Tao-chan is the only choice for Setoka. At the stage-greetings and during filming you always asked if it was okay for you to act the role as Setoka but it is exactly because you are Setoka that I could become this kind of Onii. Before and also from now on whenever Tao-chan feels uneasy, worried or troubled Onii (I) will definitely be by your side, to lead you, protect you and feel troubled together with you. Everything will be okay (daijoubu).

Setoka, Tao-chan, congratulations for the premiere!

/Onii - Ryota Katayose

Tao: *cries*

Ryota: *pats her back* Don't cry. Don't cry.

Ryota: *looking for his handkerchief and finds it after searching for a while. Hands it to Tao.*

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4199849714307328

Tao's letter:

To Onii, Katayose Ryota-sama:

Calling you onii (brother) was a mistake, if I didn't ask you back then if I could call you onii how good would that have been? Because by just calling you Onii right now I already want to cry. Thank you so much for this past year! You have always been worrying a lot about your acting experience, but I have never thought of it (as a problem), I believe none of us think so. The 16 years' of sibling love with Setoka, Onii (you) only used a little more than one month to give us this perfect portrayal. No matter how tough the scenes were you never retreated. In the story you were the one who were the bravest and who only moved forward. You definitely don't lose out to the talented professional actors in this industry. I only joined the filming in the middle (of the production) so the real leading-man and also the team leader should be you. If Onii wasn't acted by Onii (you) then this Anikoma boat would have perhaps sailed towards a whole different direction. The Setoka I portray would have been a whole different character as well. During the promotion period you were also an outstanding leader. You would always think diligently of how you should forward the good things about this production to the audience who have come to watch Anikoma. At the stage-greetings and during promotions you would often help us to get into topics or tease us when it was appropriate. There have been many times when I was so nervous to the point that my mind went blank that I got saved by your "It is okay (daijoubu)". I believe I'm not the only one who can feel this feeling of calmness but also the whole Anikoma team and the people who have followed Anikoma all along. Hereafter, I'm sure you will have an even better development in your field (literally she said: Onii will spread your wings in the sky and fly even higher and further in your world.) In the coming future I hope this Anikoma world will be the source where you can feel at least a little bit of warmth and gentleness. With this gratefulness of mine, this is what I hope for from the bottom of my heart. 

/Tachibana Setoka - Tsuchiya Tao

Ryota: Thanks!

Tao: *gives Ryota a hug*

Ryota: Thanks!

Takuya: How was it?

Ryota: No, no...I completely didn't...I hadn't...

Erm...I didn't...at all...no..

I just...*holding back tears* I like you all so much.

I'm being troubled because I like you all and Anikoma so much *cries*

Erm...I didn't do anything special. It isn't like I found it tough. Being able to spend time with you all, I wanted to do my best and also on behalf of you guys...while you are busy with other work I wanted to love this production (Anikoma) well on behalf of you. It is really because of my promotions that make more people know about this production. Like today with the five of us together, with everyone here. It makes me think that I must work hard. Thank you very much! Thank you! Thanks!

The cast: During summer you must watch Anikoma! 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4205248379205224

As comparison (I haven't embedded them because these aren't directly related to Ryota x Tao)

Takeru's letter to Tao

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yMahsdEEcNA

Kento's letter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9TJtnNle0ic

Credit to the uploaders

@justananimelover Thank you for the information about Kasane! I might start reading the manga then if it is so good :).

Speaking of manga. I have just heard that Anikoma is going to end soon. The author posted on Twitter about the last chapter. 

• Like 2

@setokaonii  Thank you for the correction! I just watched the clip again and it was indeed Ryota who said "Don't cry. Don't cry."

I feel touched too everytime I watch the clips of them reading their letters to each other. Anikoma really holds a special place in their heart. I thought it was cute how Tao said she hopes it will be the source that gives warmth and gentleness to Ryota. 

The relationship between Takeru and Tao are like senpai-junior or as he himself said father and daughter. So it is true that the feeling his letter gave was more like to a friend/co-star. 

As for Kento. I agree with you that it seemed one-sided with him praising her for her good traits and wanting to get to know her more. He even ended the letter with asking her to a yakuniku dinner while Tao was more "professional".

I'm just on chapter 19 of the manga. I didn't expect it to end so soon. Do you know how many chapters there will be in total? I hope there will be a sequel of the live-action too. I would like to see more of Onii and Setoka as a couple. 

So far we have heard a lot about what Ryota likes with a girl when it comes to personality, clothes, hair, smell etc but not so much about what he doesn't like. In one episode of Genekou he said he doesn't like when girls wear off-the-shoulder tops. The interesting thing is that the clothes that Tao wore to the last stage-greeting is a combination of what he likes (the long jeans skirt) and what he doesn't like (the off-the-shoulder top). Tao chose this combination because Ryota has said he likes this kind of skirt on girls while the top is the same as the one she wore in the car scene with Yudai/Takane. 

I have shared this clip before of their last stage-greeting where Ryota seemed jealous of Yudai. The clip starts after Tao had explained why she chose to wear these clothes. Ryota said: "No wonder it seemed like I had seen it somewhere!" Yudai then said the exact same thing. The third male lead Takuya said to them to stop with their talk. The host asked something about the-untying-strap-movement to which Yudai nodded. Ryota said jokingly to Yudai "That movement will perhaps appear later (in the play)?" When Tao heard that she turned to Ryota and pouted. Haha. Then Takuya asked surprised: "Hm, untying the straps?" To which Ryota said loudly: "No, there is no such thing". 

https://m.miaopai.com/show/channel/F3aPjGoWVlL5TWpvyrYy9RCVfXZD9WhO

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4129511773848526

The comments on IG said that Ryota is a typical AB-type (people who have AB as bloodgroup) who gets jealous easily and who are very honest with what they think. They think he doesn't like the off-the-shoulder tops because they are quite revealing. I was thinking if it could also be due to the car-scene in the movie too. I mean he did get jealous according to Yudai during the kiss scene at Orihime Shrine where he just walked away while the others were watching and the car-scene was more intimate than that one :tongue:

• Like 2

@setokaonii  Thanks for your reply regarding the manga of Anikoma and also for sharing the pictures above!

The pictures that Ryota took at Orihime Shrine look beautiful but at the same time lonely as well :tongue:. I think it is because we can only see his back and because those were taken during sun-set. 

Aw, I like the comparison post you did of Ryota and Tao. Even being in different countries they still have this chemistry of wearing matching clothes. The funny thing is that neither Ryota or Tao wears jeans often and they happened to be wearing it on the same day along with a red sweater. 

Jelly Magazine, July 2017

Q: Your ideal girlfriend?

Ryota: Someone reliable and who can by observing people know what they think and feel, I think this type of personality is attractive.

Q: How would you present yourself infront of the girl you like?

Ryota: Instead of trying to look handsome I would actually want her to see a bit of my fragile side right from the beginning. If she can accept me like that then it would be very good. 

It reminds me of what you said in your previous post about Ryota not being someone who cries easily but he still cried infront of Tao and the others which shows how much Anikoma means to him.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4210560448647602

A fan said that if Tao becomes Ryota's girlfriend she would accept that and then another fan commented that she thinks the same too while 10 others liked the post. I like the fact that Tao wasn't directly mentioned here but people still thought of her and are accepting towards her. I'm glad to hear that. 

Hi All!

This is about Anikoma manga.

I don't think there is any with English translation available for sale ? Or can someone PM me a place to read it if it is available in English?

I do read manga translations, mainly shoujo and josei and I remember reading Tonari a while back. But I never came across Anikoma!

@Dramanoona  I'm not sure there's an English version of Anikoma manga that is for sale. I have seen it being translated online though but there's only 3 chapters so far. The link is below

http://mangasupa.com/manga/ani_ni_ai_saresugite_komattemasu

According to Asianwiki "My Little Monster" was first published in 2008 and ended in 2013 while Anikoma started in 2015 and will end this year (2018) so it is still quite "new" compared to "My Little Monster" and it will probably take a while for it to be fully translated. 

If you are curious on what happens after chapter 3 here are the Chinese translations of the manga. They have come to chapter 19 and there's also 2 specials too (one of them being the bathroom scene that was in the movie as well). I just re-read that part and the dialogues during the-watching-hair-part was almost the same as in the movie.

http://www.manhuaren.com/manhua-gegetaiaiwolezenmeban

Here's Tao's nomination clip for the Japanese Academy awards that will be held on the 2nd of March. From the snippet I saw of her performance I think she did a good job, especially when Mai (her character) had seizures and also during her physiotherapy. Wishing her the best next week! 

Speaking of The 8-year Engagement here's a clip I came across a few days ago. It is a compilation of different events. Tao is very cute there, especially at 02:00 :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21P-cYAgBh8

@Dramanoona You are welcome! Yes, the manga had more kissing scenes and other intimate scenes compared to the drama and movie. That's why Ryota got shocked when he started to read it. Haha. The difference is also that Setoka in the manga knew that they aren't real siblings and she doesn't fall in love easily like in the live-action. She only likes Onii. He also took her first kiss and not Takane. Onii here is also more aggressive with his love towards Setoka.

Thank you for the gif! You are not the only one who reacted like that. I read that many people thought their relationship exceeded that of normal siblings' too. I understand why, I mean "Who would back-hug their brother like that?" :tongue:

• Like 1

@setokaonii Both Ryota and Tao look good in jeans though so it would be nice to see them wear it more often :) Thank you for sharing the new IG post of Tao's. Hihi...she is so cute. 

Tao mentioned in the IG post below that she would like to come to Belgium again. She thinks it is a beautiful place so she would like to bring "her important people" to every place in this country. 

She also said that she is on her way back (to the hotel) after she has been out shopping for souvenirs. She wasn't sure what to buy to her family and she was dwelling on it for a long time but she chose to buy Wasabi at last.

Tao mentioned "important people" here again. Hm, buying Wasabi in Belgium? Isn't Wasabi very common in Japan though? Hihi...I guess she is afraid that chocolate might melt on the way back?

Thank you for sharing the chibi picture of them! They look so cute. 

• Like 1