[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/7/2017 at 8:20 AM, cadymcbronzie said:

Morning chingu-deul :)

I am actually quite curious too as to why Sun Woo-Hyuk is cycling with Seo Ji-Soo. Since he is Seo Ji-An's high school classmate, naturally he would be friends with her twin too. Let's hope they will release some teaser videos / pictures soon enough... less than a month before it starts airing ^_^

I read one of the interview article from Seo Eun Su. She desribed that her character is one sided love to Lee tae hwan. [not sure if mistaken] but i think this one sided love will end soon.

2017081201001104700078211.jpg

Newer support cast announcements.

Actress Kim HyeOk (second row under SHS) plays Seo JiAn's mom Yang MiJung. (Recall she was Baek SooChan's mom in 'Producer' and kind of a counterpart to IU - Cindy's manager/mom played by Na YoungHee (lower right), mom role of PSH's character Choi DoKyung.

Actor Jun NoMin (second row under LTH) plays Choi DoKyung's dad and vice chairman of Na YoungHee run company, Choi JaeSung (Recall he was bad guy in '6 Flying Dragons')

That is one densely packed array of industry heavyweights in this line up.:sweatingbullets: is all I can say.

EvHAbCA_o.jpg

Shin HyeonSoo 'MGL' Cast - 'Feisty' Youngest Brother Transformation

Shin HyunSoo is the youngest son of Seo TaeSoo (Chun HoJin) and plays the role of Seo JiHo, the younger brother of JiAn (Shin HyeSun).

Department store shoe sales clerk JiHo, a realist who believes 'money is power and rank' and dreams of a Lotto win. His speech and actions resemble a hyena after the one big kill, but to family he is warm and full of AeGyo (cutie charm), acts as the 'mood maker' [or maybe 'life of the party'] of the house.

Shin HyunSoo, will show off his own unique clear-cut set of values, youthfulness, chutzpa (guts), feistyness of youngest child, ... versatile charms of course, perfect suit-fit, and mid-bass voice ... expect to captivate family room female hearts ....:phew::wub:

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/신현수_(배우)

So we've got Seo JiTae, JiAn & JiSoo twins, then JiHo? Why not add another one and make it KBS2 'Five Children, All Grown Up' ? :wub: Wonder if KBS trying to compensate for a weak script loading it with eye candies - this JiHo fellow and the chauffeur Ryu JaeShin. Poor SHS.:phew: (Hey there are now two SHS in this drama.)

[OFFICIAL] Shin HyeSun x Park SiHoo 'My Golden Life' Schedule Confirmed... Follows 'Father is Strange'

2017081201001104700078211.jpg

[OFFICIAL] Shin HyeSun x Park SiHoo 'My Golden Life' Schedule Confirmed... Follows 'Father is Strange'

From http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201708120100110470007821&ServiceDate=20170811

Official - September 2 First Broadcast - 7:55pm KST

'My Golden Life', about a '3-nothing' woman's desire to escape her 'dirt-spoon' status as she happens upon a 'cheat code' chance to fake 'status upgrade' for her life, is a family drama portrayal of her golden life experiences that unfold, relatable by viewers across all generations.
Shin HyeSun is taking on the no-money, no-'back', no-luck (3-nothing), dirt-spoon contract worker 'Seo JiAn' female lead role. :crazy:In the story Seo JiAn, as a dirt-spoon representative who for a chance at full-time employee [with full benefits] status will shout 'YES' to any and everything, is a character who endures each toilsome day, day by day.:sweatingbullets: In that midst, as if by fate, appears for Seo JiAn an opportunity to flip her life around, and she is slated to experience a roll-coaster-like life as a result.

(Will finish the rest time allowing, but nothing really new here.)

She shall be called Jianny from now on. :heart:

Shine Hye Sun previous drama was tvN Secret Forest while Seo Eun Su previous drama was  OCN DUEL. These two drama just finished recently a week apart.  I'm so happy I'll see them again and together in one drama.

Time for up and coming female stars to be the center of attention in dramaland. The two star above and then we have Chae Soo Bin, Lee Sun Bin, Park Eun Bi, Park, Hyan Bul, Kim Se Jong, Kim Hyun Soo. We wanna see them female stars as leads.

Gonna watch this drama. I mostly wanna see SHS.. Hope this will be a good one!

2 hours ago, Cache Sand said:

Shin Hye Sun won an award from previous drama Secret Forest.  CONGRATULATIONS!!

Indeed. Thank you @Cache Sand !!

Since you took the time to post, here's what Shin HyeSun's appreciation plaque says:

"영또라는 별명처럼 물불 가리지 않는 초임검사로 아버지의 누며을 벗겨내기 위해 힘쓰다 슬픈 결말을 맞게 되는 가슴 아픈 캐릭터를 연기해 시청자들로 하여금 연민을 느끼게 한 장본인으로서 그 노고에 감사드리며 그 뜻을 이 패에 담아 드립니다"

Like the 'Young Kook' nicknamed character who while stopping at nothing as a new prosecutor to restore her father's reputation came to her tragic ending causing much heart-ache - to the one who through such acting made the viewers feel this deep regret, for her hard work we give thanks and present this plaque which holds our sympathies.

12 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

They dropped Jianny's picture and video teaser. Yay!

@cadymcbronzie our long wait is almost over!

Repost, but with much needed tanslation!

이런 장면
     한번
      쯤
    보셨죠?

This Scenario
           Once
         At least
    You've all seen?

? secret
  넌 사실..    실화임?!
    출생의 비밀?!
  아임유어 파더   99.9%

You'reActually...  TrueStory?!
     Birth Secret?!
    I am your father 99.9%                        Check!

잘생김 주의    재벌
   훈남 팀장님 등장
      후광 주의   능력자

Handsome     feat. ChaeBol
  Hunky TeamLeader Enter    
         Halo       HighlyCompetent                              Check!

똑순이 캔디형 여주인공
            외로워도 슬퍼도

PerfectGirl SweetShape FemaleLead
               Altho' Lonely                Altho' Sad                                    Check!

나너를  너는쟤를   
   빠지면 서운한 삼각관계
                  헐           어쩔

I'll *** you                You *** her
   Remiss If Absent - TriangleRelation
                   o my                whattodo                                     Check!

엄빠   줄줄이  hahahoho
        화목한 대가족
            첫째 셋째 둘째
               넷째

MomDad  OneAfterAnother
        WarmFuzzy BigFamily
            1stborn   3rd         2nd
                       4th                                                                   Check!

이게
     다냐구요?
        NO!

This...
         Is All?
           NO!

답답함

1도 없는

사이다 드라마

Frustration                            ('stuffiness')
   Not Even Once

Cider Drama                            (as in refreshing)

황금빛 내인생

My Golden Life

So the trailer is a parody. Poking fun at itself for the same old elements from other dramas, yet hinting at some unexpected twists. I like the approach, and I think this drama will offer more eye candy than just about any recent weekend dramas, in addition to top notch production capabilities of a KBS flagship product. This will be hard to stay away from. :phew:

BTS: JIanny doing hair and makeup on set B)

Credit: hello_mr_seok

@meechuttso Aaarrrggghhh... I can't wait for our sweet September! I'm likening this new character to her actual personality just because she wants to work hard and make herself known. To get that recognition that she is finally an actress whom others would want to work with, in the future. 

I really like this side of her. She has been very determined to be an actress at such a young age. Even though she got her break at a late age, she has worked really hard these past three years. To finally land a lead role on a weekend drama, must have been a great deal for her. To shoulder that responsibility but I am confident she can do wonders.

And you know what... There's plenty of "censorship" since it is meant to be a family drama. So, kisses would be just a quick peck, or decent, this time around. That's a huge relief *phew*

Hehehehe...

Hye Sun-ah, keep those lips and tongue :tongue: for some lucky other one(s) ya :wink:

1 hour ago, cadymcbronzie said:

I really like this side of her. She has been very determined to be an actress at such a young age. Even though she got her break at a late age, she has worked really hard these past three years. To finally land a lead role on a weekend drama, must have been a great deal for her. To shoulder that responsibility but I am confident she can do wonders.

My chief pleasure translating her stories has been just this - there's always been more under the surface, than meets the eye with this actress I've become a champion of. We are about to partake collectively the fruits of her hard work. Call it luck or destiny, but seems the writer may have already realized she's struck gold with her 'second choice' for lead actress?

20170813_1502581208_50121500_1.jpg

From http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newskview&idx=1002418

The writer of 'MGL' said, "'MGL', as a family drama that all generations can relate to, will have familiar themes anyone can enjoy and, spicing it up with unexpected surprises for the unsuspecting viewer, will paint a story overflowing with tension as episodes unfold." :wub:

Maybe the writer taking hints from Secret Forest author and drawing inspiration from the most unexpected actress from it? :phew:

Archived