[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

1 hour ago, msbeatrice81 said:

On a slightly darker side note, I really wish they'd played the scene with Ae Ra's dad beating DM differently- personally, I was hoping she would jump in front of DM to protect him or at least to try to explain the truth. I don't really understand why she would sit by and let that happen to the man she loves...ever. And then to side with her dad against him? Just...no.

The common occurrence of domestic violence/corporal punishment in various settings has been one of the most difficult things for me to adjust to when watching Kdramas as a Western-culture viewer. I still can't get used to it, even though I have many personal friends from Korea who accept getting hit/beaten by authority figures absolutely as a matter of course and as if it's completely normal and acceptable. There are just some cultural differences it's very, very hard to accept, and in this case, if I'm honest, I don't even want to accept it. 

Rant over. :) 

I hope they handle it like SWDBS.  We're assuming a beating happened, but maybe it didn't.  They could still return to this scene and show us something different.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda disappointed that Joo-man is feeling confused about his relationship with Seol-hee. In the first episodes it looked like he respected her a lot for the fact that she supported him when he began his career, if that is the case he should be honest to her.

They should take a break to clear their heads or perhaps someone should court Seol-hee just to make Joo-man jelaous... >_<

13 minutes ago, raqlobster said:

Does the stars appearing as borders at the end of the episodes mean something? There are blue and pink stars, there are also stars in outline/no colors yet.

each episode a star lights up...

there are rumours that the pink ones signal Aera's feelings for Dongman and the blue ones viceversa.

7 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Kwak Si Yang To Make A Special Appearance In “Fight My Way”

It looks like Choi Woo Shik is passing on the baton to Kwak Si Yang!

Following Choi Woo Shik’s special appearance in “Fight My Way,” actor Kwak Si Yang will be making his own special appearance in the drama starting with episode 11.

It has been revealed that Kwak Si Yang will be playing the role of Nam Il. No information about his character has been given other than the fact that his name is part of “Namil Villa,” which is where the four main characters Go Dong Man, Choi Ae Ra, Baek Seol Hee, and Kim Joo Man live.

From Soompi

I wonder whether he will be the good or bad guy this time....:glasses: He was quite an annoying character in "Chicago Typewriter".

Did anyone else see this and wonder if he could be playing a potential new love interest for Seol Hee??

49 minutes ago, msbeatrice81 said:

Did anyone else see this and wonder if he could be playing a potential new love interest for Seol Hee??

That's a very interesting thought.  I thought maybe he would be there to shed some light on the landlady, but I like your idea better!! :)

@V Ah, you have a new avatar, it's great!  Here's a theory: She's AR's dad's sister and for some reason she let him raise her as his own...............

I really...really...REALLYYY...don't get Jooman-Seolhee couple AT. ALL. If you're unhappy (and clearly they both are<_<)break up & move along. I mean YOLO (I hate to sound cliché here LoL:tongue:) but Seolhee waitin' round for Jooman is actually impeding her on a potentially much better mate. I love how protective & the indirect threat her Dad gave Jooman HA.:lol: It's just that Jooman wants out of the relationship, while Seolhee is just too dense/naive(?):rolleyes: to take a stance and do somethin' 'bout it. It's normal for relationships to hit a bump, but for Jooman-Seolhee, they just seem like they want different things & people change~ -shrug- 

WHOA what about that kiss huh?!:wub: Dongman you are the man!:D It looks like a new romance might be brewing between the landlady & Dongman's coach-nimB)

1 hour ago, aunniek said:

Ah, you have a new avatar, it's great!  Here's a theory: She's AR's dad's sister and for some reason she let him raise her as his own...............

2 hours ago, raqlobster said:

I'm guessing Ms Kanako Hwang is a relative of AR's dad or mom, maybe AR's godmother. Why would she hide when she saw AR's dad but not with Coach-nim?

On here pretty quick since I'm still at work, but I just had to say that I love y'alls theories! Did I miss any? I will comb the thread more later.

I'm thinking along the same lines as well with the relative/family connection. I am also thinking that she might be childhood best friends with AR's Mom and that they all ran in some gangster style culture, only because AR's dad looked so much like a gangster when he was about to beat up Dong-man. Kanako Hwang looked pretty concerned about it too, she even thought they should call the police! AR's Dad always looks so sweet, but in that moment he looked like a man that should not be F'd with. I am on the fence as to whether she actually is AR's mom or not. We don't know much about AR's mom. Hopefully we find out more about her in episodes 11 and 12.

Can't type my opinion on the latest 2 episodes because I'm too busy watching and replaying and dying at AR and DM kiss scene muahahahaha.... I will comb the thread later, my heart too fluttering and full of blossom right now of AR-DM relationships and can not think about the whole plot and story of other characters in the drama.. I'm way too focus on AR and DM, they are really the Goals in everywhere both friendship and love..  

i don't hate HR but i don't like her either. sure i can't symphathise with her wasn't she left dong man in the first place?why she hates Aera so much?she doesn't have a reason.even though Aera liked dong man all these years she never try to steal him from her.she was suffering the most all these years see them together and never do something bad to hurt their relationship. why she wants to take  revenge on  Aera?she has done nothing wrong. I can't understand of HR's bitterness towards AR talk to the man you date about what you don't like in his behavior why you have to dislike and  torture  the other girl even after alll these years and come back and demand with such a way  him to like you back when he clearly don't want?

4 hours ago, msbeatrice81 said:

It did come across my mind.  :blush: Maybe JM need to learn to be competitive to get SH back..  In the article from Naver it was mentioned that - 

Namyil is the main character of Namil Villa, where four main characters DM (Park Seojun), AR (Kim Jiwon), JM (An Jae Hong) and SH (Song Ha Yoon) live.

As the development of the drama progresses, the curiosity about the identity of Bok-Hee increases, and the more exciting story will appear with the appearance of Nam-il.

p.s Hopefully, Mr. Google translated that part correctly.. ha ha

17 hours ago, tingth said:

@lc85 .. really love your comment on JM and SH, “And SH - get a clue. The main problem is not YJ - it is you. Fixing you is the most difficult road to take and the most painful. But not as painful as losing pieces of yourself as you pretend to lay blame on YJ and deny JMs unacceptable behavior”.

Since last night I was thinking back and forth (I am quite absorbed on the character, la) what if I were SH. What will I do? Just to break up with JM already? Naaah… that should not be. The writer/SH will not going the path that easily.

As the name of the drama is Fight my way / Fight for my way. The story is about the 3 childhood friends (and one high school friend, probably) who fight their own ways for what they truly want, if I to interpret from the name of the drama. So, I believe that SH (her name pronounce sort of like ‘sorry’, by the way) will not give up her relationship with JM. She seems to be one of the fighter, too. However, I am waiting to see how she will resolve the obstacle/problems of her relationship with JM. How will she return to be her own self?  How she will kick JM a-ss for him to realize her worth? How will she kick that SH 2.0 out of the picture? That will be interesting to see (apart from my cute DM and AR).

There are only a bit over half way through the story. So there are plenty of space for the friends to fight for their ways. It will be rough ride for them & it will be hard for me to wait for Monday each week.

My only hope is for the writer to keep up the good works. Please don’t fall short at the last episode as happened in some dramas!!!

By the way, thank you a whole bunch for all recappers and translators for this drama .. Sarang hae!!!

@tingth I, too, am asking very similar questions about SH ( yes! Her name does sound like "sorry".) Really good questions by the way. I have a sneaky suspicion that the writer will not use cliche tactics and/or makjang to resolve the issues between SH and JM. At least I hope not. The writer has not disappointed me so far. And I'm with you - breaking up seems too easy for these 2 who have fought for their unconventional love for 6 years.

I don't know that time away from each other or another love interest for SH is a "fresh take" on resolving JM and SH's problems/ obstacles. It seems focused on using distraction to solve their internal relationship problems. Although as someone mentioned here - they do spend a lot of time with each other. So time alone - away from distractions may help.

I'm wondering what would happen if SH gave JM a "hall pass" or permission to date YJ for a specified period of time.. lol this would never happen in kdramaland, right?

AR on the other hand - wow, she's very strong. She has seen the off/on relationship with DM and HR over the years. Would she feel threatened about their history together? I mean it seems like AR thinks she "knows" a whole lot about what went down with HR and DM.  But does she really know? Would DM be constantly proving to her how much he loves and cares about her? This drama explores these complicated themes - it goes there.

Monday seems so far away.. 

13 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

It did come across my mind.  :blush: Maybe JM need to learn to be competitive to get SH back..

from your  mouth to God's ear ( in this case to writers ears) I want that to happen badly the moment I saw the article 

1 minute ago, lc85 said:

I'm wondering what would happen if SH gave JM a "hall pass" or permission to date YJ for a specified period of time.. lol this would never happen in kdramaland, right?

Yes, that will be interesting too :blush:.  There are uniques cases like these IRL.  Even in the drama itself, there are a few instances when they showed us... what people normally do in certain situations but then... the character did not do it in reality.  They were just thinking about it.  So hopefully, after she "slept on it" that night... she will be able to make the right decision the next morning.

10 minutes ago, aunniek said:

In case anyone is interested in voting: 

And how I'm sure we are all feeling right now...............

:blush: Ha ha... I only know two of them.  As for the preview, we might need to wait a day or two, at least for the written preview....

Something we learnt as a fan of KD - patience :wink:

p.s Ok, off for now.

Am I the only one who wants SH and KM to get their acts together and live happily ever after.  I feel JM feels more obligated and beholden to SH.  I'm not convinced it's love.  His love is too easily swayed.  He has only protected her honor because he was forced to do so.  SH seemed to be waiting for JM to speak up.  I want him to love her passionately, the way a man should.

such a visual couple love this photo of them!!!i have seen and ship a lot couples in dramas but i dare to say that seowon its gonna be my favourite of all time!!can't wait to see them in kbs drama awards they will be in the drama awards right?fight for my way is doing great and in korea and even more internationally!!

Archived