[Drama 2017] Criminal Minds 크리미널 마인드

Admin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@Uniform Victory I love his acting also.. I hope for something with more action.. Maybe he should choose and OCN project next time they seem to never miss with there police dramas.

Yes OCN have good police dramas. I actually started watching police kdrama with OCNs 10-episode dramas. While I love few OCN police dramas but I don't really find them to be any better than CM. For saying that, I also don't mean that I love all cases in CM.

Many police dramas deals on actual evidences but here they talk more on circumstantial evidences. CM track their suspects using behavior profile analysis. Like a scene in episode 1 when Hyun Jun was still in the police crime unit. He argued with his boss that they got the wrong guy. Based on the gathered info, the suspect worked as a delivery man and he's been fired from his job every after few months due to car accidents. The suspect was also on medication for narcolepsy or sleep disorder. Based on the suspect's profile, there's no way he was capable to commit a crime that requires driving and episode 1 explained clearly that the victim must be on a moving car. This is just one of the many profiling points in Episode 1.

CM deals with Human Psychology which I find fascinating. I love this drama too because it has more cases.

If you were to ask me between CM US & CMKr, I actually love the Korean version as it's more detailed and more action too. Though the US version has their own share of profilers kicking doors, jumping buildings to buildings, bombings, running and chasing suspects, tackling suspects, fistfights, etc but they deliver many important points in narratives because it's only a 40-min show.

But I do understand where you are coming from. We all have our preferences. Like some people love Bond movies but I don't dig that franchise at all. I love the Bourne series but some people may not. For police procedural, some love X-Files more than CM or some love CM more than NCIS or Cold Case or Numbers. But whether LJG did the right decision for choosing this drama, well to me, definitely. 

wow... this is the first time i've watched CMkr without subs...

and didn't understand a thing. Nope, not a single thing. 

Poor HJ... nobody ever picks up his calls. 

Spoiler

I hope the salary man who became crazy after getting ignored is not in anyway foreshadowing anything about our dear cinnamon roll HJ. 

and correct me if I am wrong, but HJ didn't really angrily confront SW, he was just being a cinnamon roll to her as well. 

I loved LJG's acting in this episode.. there is a very warm and consistent core to HJ's character that doesn't change despite the circumstances, and that is coming across quite strongly across all the episodes. You know K-actors are often lauded for being able to polarise their acting according to the scene; acting extremely sad when it is a sad scene and insanely angry when it is an angry scene. But for LJG, i would like to applaud him for being able to consider his character first before the scenario; he acts sad in a sad scene, angry in a tense scene, but it is all within the boundaries of what HJ as a character would do, that why HJ feels like a very real person to me and i cannot say the same about the other characters, not even SW. As you can tell, he's still my number 1 bias ...

Spoiler

but the HJ+LH dynamic is also very JIANG!!

@LyraYoo  @jeonghyang @haniiiiiOMG...*rubs hands in glee* that feeling when the writers are reading our minds...i live for moments like this:)!More bromance please.Did you see that awkward High Five..Poor Hyun Joon failed..he was rejected:D.Also goodness..whats up with Sun Woo..I ve never seen her so filled with rage..what caused her to snap like that..im so impatient..subs please pali pali.

Ok.. here is my thought after watching today episode. I dont understand even a single words but i curious bout few things which hopefully will be answer when the subs are out.

1. I know its about profiling case but the case where the salaryman shoot the other driver by right can be closed immediately without any other victim. It happen at common area i think. I can see traffic light which i pretty sure have cctv nearby. Even let saythey dont have cctv at that area, there is camera from other car which shows the car driven by the killer. They can just easily track down the killer by the plate number right? Few lady already bcame victims and probably tomorrow, there will be more victim as well.

2. My thought about the river case, 1st probably sun woo think that her father is indirectly related to the case and second guess maybe the reaper is related as well. I saw HJ young pic on the wall, his girlfriend picture at the wall as well or maybe the reaper dig HJ past? My third guess, probably the one who suppose to be killed in the river maybe sunwoo but the twist is, it change to HJ girlfriend. Maybe thats why SW affected from it too much? Not sure.. i still wonder how can SW knew that the girl is there? Can see from today episode, she did find somebody in there. So, pretty sure she know somebody being killed there. 

3. In the beginning, why only SW go to the scene while the other enjoying? Profiler seems more efficient than the cops in this series. Shes reached the crime scene first than the police. 

For now, this is the only thing i can think of. Hopefully when the subs are out, i can understand thw episode more. 

Im watching this series mainly coz MCW so basically if i ever post again, it will be bias on her..:D

Archived