[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Michelle Gonzalez said:

I think i got right. 

Hide contents

At end of EP 1. chief hong told kkw that look for his sibling.  Also chief hong told kkw go and find missing twin case. That mean he is one of a twin or a younger brother.

No, I got that.  But...

Spoiler

I swear he said "siblings" (or according to the subs, that's what he said).  It would be a minor not totally unexpected twist for him to be one of the twins grown up, but "siblings" means that alien girl is their sister.  Lol.

Although yes, he could be another sibling of both twins.  But they kept showing the pic of the two boys plus alien girl, right?  So that would imply that Chief Hong was talking about the three of them.  Yes?

I haven't gone back to confirm.  Maybe I'm crazy, or dramafever translated incorrectly.  Or it's purposefully misleading :wink:

Edit: okay, I did check the subs, and it definitely is translated as

Spoiler

"Find your siblings".  Plural.  Hmm.

I haven't watched with subs yet but I'm trying to DL the ep before I go to work and now I'm honestly late AF.

Spoiler

I think I heard the word brother at the end when I watched it last night. XD

I really need to rewatch LOL

1 hour ago, ecs707a said:

No, I got that.  But...

Hide contents

I swear he said "siblings" (or according to the subs, that's what he said).  It would be a minor not totally unexpected twist for him to be one of the twins grown up, but "siblings" means that alien girl is their sister.  Lol.

Although yes, he could be another sibling of both twins.  But they kept showing the pic of the two boys plus alien girl, right?  So that would imply that Chief Hong was talking about the three of them.  Yes?

I haven't gone back to confirm.  Maybe I'm crazy, or dramafever translated incorrectly.  Or it's purposefully misleading :wink:

Edit: okay, I did check the subs, and it definitely is translated as

Hide contents

"Find your siblings".  Plural.  Hmm.

The girl is the aileen she not the sister.  But i think the brothers.  All three them that twin and the dad only. One twin and dad their eyes was blind bybthe light not the one with glass.  I think he is. Kkw.

19 minutes ago, spark101 said:

I hope the ratings keep going up. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i don't understand the negative comments on nate, to be honest, lol. Just hope the story/plot stays strong. 

Even the Circle page on naver, so many comments mocking it... well at least last night, the comments are better today. I was really worried and everyone was like, the CG looked so cheap, etc... One comment even said the CG looked like a 90s drama. Like really now? Even Doctor Who reboot didn't start out with fantastic CG, like puh-lease.... I mean Circle obviously isn't Goblin level when it comes to the production. This makes me kinda worried about the future ratings. Yup I hope the plot just keeps its pace and will remain exciting. 

17 minutes ago, Michelle Gonzalez said:

The girl is the aileen she not the sister.  But i think the brothers.  All three them that twin and the dad only. One twin and dad their eyes was blind bybthe light not the one with glass.  I think he is. Kkw.

I wonder about this too..

Spoiler

There were specified scenes where both Kim Woojin and the Dad's eyes got affected when the alien arrived. I wonder if it has anything to do with the plot. 

I'm watching now with subs, not yet done with Part 1 hahaha

mbnYkFD.png

Circle Yeo Jingoo is ranking in Naver News Topic today at #4.

I don't think the reception about Part 2 is great at all. People liked the Part 1 and the acting in it, then were probably suddenly caught off-guard by the sudden change in Part 2. I liked Part 2 (or maybe I'm already biased to this series lol), but I already knew what to expect upon watching this drama anyway... I'm not sure about the others who knew nothing whatsoever about it. They were saying there was too much going on. I also read a comment saying that it's better off staying in the Part 1 timeline.Personally, I think if it just stuck to the Part 1, then it would just be the same old mystery, crime drama with a little bit of sci-fi twist to it. I like how they tried to get out of the box and actually create a vision of the future with some sort of dystopia and utopia separated. 

Anyway... it's a shame, I hope people will warm up to the show on Episode 2. I'm really liking it so far. 

tvN’s Sci-Fi Drama “Circle” Kicks Off With Solid Ratings

Circle4.jpg

tvN’s sci-fi thriller drama “Circle” has aired its first episode.

The Monday-Tuesday drama started off with a favorable response in terms of cable viewership ratings. Based on the May 22 results, the first episode brought in an average of 2.9 percent ratings, even bringing in 3.5 percent ratings at its highest point, according to Nielsen Korea.

tvN also received attention from a target audience of viewers in their 20s to 40s. The show especially brought in an average viewership rating of 5.3 percent among female viewers in their 30s.

“Circle” stars Yeo Jin Goo, Gong Seung Yeon, and Kim Kang Woo. The drama depicts two different timelines: one that takes place in 2017 and one in 2037. Unlike other time slip dramas, this drama will show events that take place in both timelines in the same episode. The sci-fi thriller is split up into two parts: “Part 1: Beta Project” and “Part 2: An Amazing New World.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/22/tvns-sci-fi-drama-circle-kicks-off-solid-ratings/

1 hour ago, craptelly said:

Even the Circle page on naver, so many comments mocking it... well at least last night, the comments are better today. I was really worried and everyone was like, the CG looked so cheap, etc... One comment even said the CG looked like a 90s drama. Like really now? Even Doctor Who reboot didn't start out with fantastic CG, like puh-lease.... I mean Circle obviously isn't Goblin level when it comes to the production. This makes me kinda worried about the future ratings. Yup I hope the plot just keeps its pace and will remain exciting. 

I wonder about this too..

Reveal hidden contents

There were specified scenes where both Kim Woojin and the Dad's eyes got affected when the alien arrived. I wonder if it has anything to do with the plot. 

I'm watching now with subs, not yet done with Part 1 hahaha

too early to tell for them to mock the drama .. I meant I learnt my lessons with Saimdang... but i guess all have the rights to prefer or not for the drama... hoping that the upcoming episode would definitely turn these mockers around and giving positive critics....

I'm done watching with subs and I'm 100% sure now that at the end it was really just "brother." The term used was "형제" which means brother. 

Spoiler

The term used for siblings is "형제 자매" and the term for sister is "자매" :) 

The tone of the 2 parts are hugely different from one another. Part 1 is more dramatic while Part 2 feels lighter and even comic at times. 

=

Yeo Jingoo posted on his IG reminding everyone to watch Ep 2 of Circle and that the timeslot has moved to 10:50 PM :) 

8 hours ago, spark101 said:

I hope the ratings keep going up. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i don't understand the negative comments on nate, to be honest, lol. Just hope the story/plot stays strong. 

I actually think the first episode was a nice change from the usual dramas. I wanted to stay in 2017 a little longer because so much is going on. I'm loving this drama. It has my attention for sure.....I also love science fiction dramas, so that should tell you a lot. Great start :D

@craptelly, I agree that the first part was more dramatic....that's probably why I wanted to stay in 2017 a little longer...also, 2037 looks more like 2014 with more computers. I would have loved to see something more reflecting the future. 2017 looked more modern than 2037.

2 hours ago, craptelly said:

I'm done watching with subs and I'm 100% sure now that at the end it was really just "brother." The term used was "형재" which means brother. 

I watch on VIU, and the sub translates that part as "Make sure you find your brother".

@lclarakl Yup, I was really enjoying the dramatic tone of Part 1 and then the shift to Part 2 made it almost feel like I watched 2 different shows... (I guess it's the effect of many writers?) 2037 world-building isn't perfect, effects and design wise but I do think they did a good job considering that they could be very tight both in budget and time. I actually really liked the dystopian part of 2037, it looked natural to me, with the terrible air pollution and all. :D I enjoyed Part 2, but the theme song that kept playing almost every scene was a bit too much for me. 

Looking forward to Ep 2~~ I hope Circle gets to establish the plot on both parts well because this is around the time the viewers decide whether they'll take or leave the show.

25 minutes ago, Michelle Gonzalez said:
  Hide contents

My question is this are the alien are like childhood end a peaceful one or is more violent.

Another think i got me thinking

Spoiler

We really don't have an info on the alien as for now I guess we'll have to wait for the ep later to learn more, but I'm curious what the interaction was like between the humans and the alien(s)

completed ep 1. Am watching this for Kikwangie.

YJG acting is pretty good too! 
I love both part 1 & part 2 (kikwangie!)
First time seeing a drama airing in 2 parts!
I'm really curious how the writer gonna conclude things up in 12 episodes, it seems so little! 

Looking forward for ep 2 tonight! 

1 minute ago, bohoxstitch said:

completed ep 1. Am watching this for Kikwangie.

YJG acting is pretty good too! 
I love both part 1 & part 2 (kikwangie!)
First time seeing a drama airing in 2 parts!
I'm really curious how the writer gonna conclude things up in 12 episodes, it seems so little! 

Looking forward for ep 2 tonight! 

I hope to extended at least 16 episode

12 hours ago, craptelly said:

Yes please! Then maybe put it in spoilers first~ :D  Can I also check out your twitter? 

Sure just type in @eichoernc in twitter search bar. I havent decided where to do live recap. but I think it is easier to do it in twitter. 

Meanwhile here are the BTSs of Vogue Photoshoot of Kim Kang Woo and Lee Ki Kwang

Archived