[drama 2006] Singles' Life 독신천하

ay_link

Guest sparklinghugs

i actually really like this drama -_- poopy. well on the brite side, two episodes shorter means one less week of be curious and waiting for the next episodes lol. xp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sad to hear they are cutting this drama short because i really liked it so far. i'm only up to episode 6 though.

i have mixed feelings about the coupling so far. i really liked the doctor ... he's like totally the PERFECT husband material ... and i must say lee hyun woo looks really good in this drama more so than in his previous dramas.

although i don't like the sports center guy much ... i must say he's got a point ... the writer is much selfish than him in that both of them don't want to get married but she's being selfish in wanting to maintain her relationship with the doctor the way it is without considering his feelings & wants.

the doctor & the writer has dated for like 7 years? but no sleeping together because she said he's the kind of guy who would only do it after marriage or would expect he had to marry the woman he slept with ... so i suppose she also didn't want to sleep with him because she's worried he may force the marriage issue. but since he's already discontented & was issuing ultimatum about getting married or else ... then she should have seduced him & he would have no choice but still be with her since they slept together already and he can't force her to get married if she didn't want to anyway. kekeke that way she can have her cake & eat it too ... brand the guy so he can't get away.

i don't feel sorry for the couple manager because hey she knows the guy for what he is and decided she can play a better game than him and snaring him but looks like he outplayed her.

does it become more obvious that the gym owner is really smitten with the writer or it's just another fling for him in later episodes? i kind of remember him saying there's someone he's interested in and it's different but his actions so far is making me doubt i heard right. i guess the writer & her eccentricities is attractive to a jaded playboy with women swarming all over him playing coy/games.

i don't think the cook can be construed as stealing her friend's bf if she ended up with the doctor because the doctor already told the writer that he wanted more ie. marriage & stable life with her but she was the one who wanted to carry on with status quo. she told him she has no confidence of marriage with him and also not ready to break up with him ... and he told her that they will just carry on until either of them can't take it anymore. and from the sound of the above spoiler ... he did say to breakup at episode 8.

Guest rainy75

sad to hear they are cutting this drama short because i really liked it so far. i'm only up to episode 6 though.

i have mixed feelings about the coupling so far. i really liked the doctor ... he's like totally the PERFECT husband material ... and i must say lee hyun woo looks really good in this drama more so than in his previous dramas.

yes~! i agree... i think one of the reason being... he has fatten up abit since.. :P

btw.. did u know in the midst of filming, he also held 2 weekend concerts for the past 2 wks. :phew:

danng.. i wish i have a chance to attend his concert.. :sweatingbullets:

btw... "Ee-Ri" tht gym instructor.. was injured in one of the filming scenes last weekend while riding a bike. His manager "saved" him and so he only has several stiches on his knee i think.. then he also took time out to attend Lee Hyun Woo's weekend concert. :P

he sure is the PURRRfect... hub hub type... *dreaming...*

although i don't like the sports center guy much ... i must say he's got a point ... the writer is much selfish than him in that both of them don't want to get married but she's being selfish in wanting to maintain her relationship with the doctor the way it is without considering his feelings & wants.

the doctor & the writer has dated for like 7 years? but no sleeping together because she said he's the kind of guy who would only do it after marriage or would expect he had to marry the woman he slept with ... so i suppose she also didn't want to sleep with him because she's worried he may force the marriage issue. but since he's already discontented & was issuing ultimatum about getting married or else ... then she should have seduced him & he would have no choice but still be with her since they slept together already and he can't force her to get married if she didn't want to anyway. kekeke that way she can have her cake & eat it too ... brand the guy so he can't get away.

cutee~! :o how can u come up with such a situation to tie the doctor down.... :ph34r:

erhmm.. i do agree the writer ... is selfish.. as the playboy states... the writer is so much more selfish than him who plays aroud... at least he doesnt tie ppl down.. if he doesnt want to get married.

i can see why he wants to play with couple manager... he wants to try "outwit" her.. and see how good he is.

But as to why he is taking an interest in the writer...

i seriously doubt if he wanted a change in his taste for woman n wanted something entirely diff to have fun...

the writer... i also doubt her feelings with the playboy... is she really doing her "storyline" base on this guy .. tht's y she is spending them with him... or ?? :ph34r:

I think she dont even understand her own feelings... just like her n the doctor...

i don't think the cook can be construed as stealing her friend's bf if she ended up with the doctor because the doctor already told the writer that he wanted more ie. marriage & stable life with her but she was the one who wanted to carry on with status quo. she told him she has no confidence of marriage with him and also not ready to break up with him ... and he told her that they will just carry on until either of them can't take it anymore. and from the sound of the above spoiler ... he did say to breakup at episode 8.

just as much i wish the writer and doctor can get together.... i see the cook is also a good choice for the doctor.. both has got similar interest in cooking plus both of them are ready to settle down for marriage. The doctor is seen like "babysitting" the writer soo much... taking care of all her needs ... fridge cooking.. and bringing her food even ... :phew:

Guest cynthia_ngoc

I dont think there where any episodes that aired yesterday but today episode 9 aired.

huh?!? How come? Isn't it 2 episodes per week? And if this ends @ 14 then they're going to end @ an odd day then and some other drama begins on that odd week too.

Guest rainy75

huh?!? How come? Isn't it 2 episodes per week? And if this ends @ 14 then they're going to end @ an odd day then and some other drama begins on that odd week too.

Monday nite was showing a baseball match i read somewhere.. instead of Singles.

When this drama wraps up, replacing it wld be some special drama ( i think is 1 episodes style.. :blink: cant remember what i read from the chinese forums... it's something like this... )

till the new usual Mon/Tue drama

btw.. what's the drama originally slotted to follw after this drama... ?

Guest senalee

I'm so excited for episode ten...hehehehe...

So now it's the cooks turn to be in the middle...hehehehe

I really want the her and the doctor to be together.

And the Gym intructor and matchmaker together.

and the Writer and Player....

It's really entertaining to watch the couple manager boss and the doctors friends always running into each other.hehehe

I think she dont even understand her own feelings... just like her n the doctor...

just as much i wish the writer and doctor can get together.... i see the cook is also a good choice for the doctor.. both has got similar interest in cooking plus both of them are ready to settle down for marriage. The doctor is seen like "babysitting" the writer soo much... taking care of all her needs ... fridge cooking.. and bringing her food even ... :phew:

hehe rainy ... lhw has indeed fatten up a bit & it's all good. he was way too skinny in the first place. :lol:

talk about babysitting ... he did everything for her all those 7 years and she totally took him for granted!!! <_<

and i agree with the person who said it's about time she thinks about doing things for him if she really loved him ... i think it was the couple manager who said that. i totally agree with everything she said to the writer ... that love is not just about receiving and if you love someone you would want to do things for him/her that makes the other person happy too.

i'm actually beginning to like the couple manager slightly ... i like how she rebounded & took her revenge on the gym owner and she also has more common sense than the two other women put together. i wonder if she's gonna get provoked if she starts seeing the writer & the gym owner get together though. i hope she's not gonna turn 'beechy' or 'manipulative' again like earlier on when she was all out for the gym owner.

i don't know ... it just bothers me that the cook who supposedly enrol in the class because of her interest just spends her time in class drooling/day dreaming over the doctor who is her friend's bf just because of a few kind gestures from him and despite knowing he has not an ounce of interest in her and kept doing all those stupid things like hurting herself & burning her food. such an airhead ... i think she's better with the gym trainer 'coz she's not so silly then. :ph34r: oh ... and it was so touching what the doctor said to the writer about how he's a good guy is due to her ... because of her he wanted to be a good guy. and i like how he didn't waver once he has set his mind to break up with her despite her trying to make him change his mind.

i saw the preview at end of 9 ... it seems that the gym owner officially asked the writer to date with him? he told the writer to let the doctor go if she loves him since she's not interested in marrying & that's what the doctor wanted ... so is that the reason also he's openly asking her to go out with him? because she's not the marrying type like him so no threat? both of them know the score? you know ... for someone who's a scriptwriter ... the writer is extremely naive & clueless about relationships. how she end up being a writer is really beyond me ... even if you're inexperienced in relationship ... as a writer ... you would have watched lots of movies/dramas and read lots of books enough to know something about life. i swear i want to spank her sometimes when she gets all clueless & stupid. i know i'm mean ... but i hope the gym owner breaks her heart so she knows how badly she has treated the doctor all those years and how she had it so good. i just can't tell if she really love the doctor because all her desperation seems to be how will she survive without him ... and in a literal sense because he took care of everything for her.

Guest banana_milk

So i changed my mind.

Before, i wanted teh cook and the doctor together, but damn. THe sports trainer and the cook just are so cute together! Especially when he took her to play soccer when she was feeling down. Adorableeeee. The cook is, by far, my favorite character.

I used the hate teh couple matchmaker, but now she kind of grew on me. On the other hand, the writer is continually getting on my nerves. I like her "tul tul ham" but she needs to stop leaving the doctor hanging! He's waited for her for seven years-- she needs to either let him go or marry him, becuase all this time, he's been doing what she wants and not vice versa.

The player dude just sucks. He's attractive and all, but he has no character. We don't know anything about his character except that he's a player that likes women but doesn't want to get married. He just seems so one-sided and not human.

I love this drama.

I think the doctor is doing a good job of letting her go besides the fact that he is pulling everyone else in.

I cant tell too much about the characters as this drama is dependent on the dialouge; but, I still think the the writer and the gym owner are a good match.

Guest senalee

I watched episode ten and i don't know now...??

I still kinda want the cook and doctor to be together. but then again

I know that it will put her in a werid postion with her friend also she would

be a rebound relationship.. and i think she will only get hurt in the long run.

:( .... and I can't believe only 4 more episodes...this is sooo sad I really enjoy this show but its soooo short.

Guest limroom9

anyone watch today's ep yet? i'm enjoying the drama, but sometimes it's unclear what each characters are thinking. all three girls seem to be liking lee hyun woo now lol <_< .

Guest banana_milk

I just finished Episode 8 and I'm so excited for the next episode. So. Excited.

So HyunSu's finally breaking up with JungWan! Though I do feel sympathy towards her character, I do feel it was time. There is just no more that he can do for her and nothing that she offers him. Even if they like/love each other, it just wasn't enough because they were both unhappy. Or at least, HyunSu was and Jungwan didn't care enough.

And JungWan, or rather, the actress, Kim YooMi is getting on my nerves. Her acting bothers me. She always has this same shocked facial expression where her upper lip kind of pops out and her eyes bulge.... She's either doing that face or a really smiley face. I know that JungWan is a really unique character, but the actress's over-acting is bothering me.

I love HyeJin after her revenge on JinHun. That was AWESOMEEEEE! She's become a lot more selfless.

andddd..... YoungEun and WooHyuk still rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. i love this couple. But I'm a little sad that it seems a bit unlikely that they'll end up together because YoungEun has no feelings for him. I'm starting to think that all the characters will end up single except Ji Sang Ryul and the other girl(i forgot her name...) because the drama is ending soon, and all the couples seem to be breaking up or like someone else.

^^ i agree ... the actress kim yoo mi's characterisation of jung-wan bothers me too.

and yes ... hye-jin seems like a nicer person now after she kind of got over snagging jin-hun ... at least i like the advice that she gives out to jung-wan or is it a kind of telling jung-wan off ... with her whiny but we love each other as if that gives her the carte blanche to be treated like a princess by hyun-su without her wanting to do anything for him.

errr ... hye-jin is also interested in hyun-su too?? i'm surprised and yet not surprised ... :ph34r:

i think banana_milk's prediction that almost all the characters will end up single sounds plausible ...

gah~ ... chinese subbed episode 10 is taking too long to be released.

Guest rainy75

^^ i agree ... the actress kim yoo mi's characterisation of jung-wan bothers me too.

and yes ... hye-jin seems like a nicer person now after she kind of got over snagging jin-hun ... at least i like the advice that she gives out to jung-wan or is it a kind of telling jung-wan off ... with her whiny but we love each other as if that gives her the carte blanche to be treated like a princess by hyun-su without her wanting to do anything for him.

errr ... hye-jin is also interested in hyun-su too?? i'm surprised and yet not surprised ... :ph34r:

i think banana_milk's prediction that almost all the characters will end up single sounds plausible ...

gah~ ... chinese subbed episode 10 is taking too long to be released.

hye jin did mentioned Hyun Su wld make a good hubby somewhere long the epi~

so i wouldnt be surprise they may end up togehter.. heheee

btw.. exu.. there's news abt China crackdown on BT sites recently. they may or maynot be releasing.

Some fan gps are stopping distro on BT

Guest banana_milk

So-- WooHyuk confessed to YoungEun. It kind of caught me off guard even though i saw it in the preview. I guess the cutting-short-of-the-drama thing caused this rush. It kind if irked me that they made him like her so vehemently all of a sudden. It was obvious that he had some feelings for her before the episode, but he was never forceful or anythign about it. And it was a surprise to see him so angry :(

Ji Hun is still annoying. So is Jung Nam.

O my god, it's awesome to see other people are watching this too! :P

And I love how we all refer to the characters by their occupations! :lol:

Just like everyone else, my initial feelings towards the characters have changed.

I used to really despise the matchmaker, but the past several episodes, she's really turned a new leaf. And it all started when she stopped obsessing over the playboy. Him, I still don't like.

As for the writer, she was getting on my last nerve and I was extremely pleased with the doctor for putting up with enough and ending the relationship with her.

The fitness trainer was getting on my last nerve as well in the last episode. By forcing himself onto the cook, all he did was show his immaturity.

Now that I think about it, I feel the PD or writers or whoever took those photos of the cast purposely paired up characters as to confuse viewers. At first, I could see where they were going with the doctor. I knew they would have him break up with the writer and probably end up with the cook. But now, I feel like anything is still possible. Although I would like the doctor and the cook to eventually end up together, I still have this uneasy feeling that maybe things are still not over between him and his ex. There's still a big chance for these two to get back together. She might realize what (or who) she took for granted all these years and come back to the doctor, begging for forgiveness and asking him to marry her. Or maybe even the matchmaker and the doctor.. although, in the last episode, I think she only thought of him as good husband material, not for her specifically, but in general, for all women. Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see how this show ends.

Or like someone said before, all six of them of could end up single in the end and the only guy that actually gets married is the doctor's friend (Ji Sang Ryul) and that girl. :lol:

Jumong is so cruel to its competition. :(

I read online this and the other drama on KBS that airs at the same time each got around 4% in viewership.

Archived