[drama 2006] Singles' Life 독신천하

ay_link

TWO EPISOES ARE OUT ALREADY?

I've had a major obsession with Yoon Sang Hyun when he appeared in "To Marry A Millioniare" with Kosoo.

Now, he's back. I can go crazy over him again. From the many pictures posted. He's so freakin handsome.

I'm glad he has a new project. I'm so gonna watch this. I can't miss this one for him! ^^

QUESTION: Will S2 be subbing this? I haven't read anything above about S2 subbing this. Is it still under talking? Has it not been decided yet? Let me know. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually check out the first 2 episodes of every new drama and end up dropping them most of time (unless it's good!). I didn't think I would enjoy this one or even continue watching it, but I liked the first 2 episodes a lot! And I'm a little excited for the next 2 episodes! :P

I don't really care for Yoon Sang Hyun and Moon Jung Hee's characters (Yoon Ji Hyun & Seo Hye Jin). They bore me.

The 3 characters I pay attention to are Kim Yoo Mi, Lee Hyun Woo, and Yoo Sun's (Nam Jung Hwan, Jang Hyun Su, Han Young Eun).

3nj1.jpg

I wouldn't mind this triangle happening.. although right now I'm heavily leaning towards Hyun Su and Young Eun. ^_^

amt9.png

bsf2.png

ctp2.png

ejy6.png

fvf5.png

gpd5.png

hki0.png

kfo5.png

lad5.png

mvr2.png

ncz2.png

ovm4.png

pcq4.png

rbu3.png

stp2.png:lol:

Why are gagmen appearing in dramas all of a sudden?

First I see Lee Hyuk Jae in What's Up Fox? and now Ji Sang Ryul in here.

2xu6.png

1ou1.jpg

tov8.png

:lol: Don't these pictures remind you of the U.S. TV comedy FRIENDS?

Guest donilpark

Dramas usually have a compulsion to pair people up. Love of your destiny? Ha!

I like cool dramas.

All the better if there's a hint of cynicism and a lot of humour.

Guest cynthia_ngoc

aw man I just realized something. I thought the script writer was going to end up w/ the playboy/restaurant owner...I kept messing up the 2 women (the drama writer & the talented cook) b/c they look so much alike w/ their frizzy hair & glasses. I don't speak Korean so it makes that much harder for me to differentiate who's who. Anyways, it's ok if the writer ends up w/ the doctor...I can so imagine him cleaning up after her..I thought since both the doctor & the talented cook are good chefs, then they might be paired up but I guess I was wrong basing on the posted pics. Oh well, I still want the writer to be w/ the playboy though...they make a nice couple.

aw man I just realized something. I thought the script writer was going to end up w/ the playboy/restaurant owner...I kept messing up the 2 women (the drama writer & the talented cook) b/c they look so much alike w/ their frizzy hair & glasses. I don't speak Korean so it makes that much harder for me to differentiate who's who. Anyways, it's ok if the writer ends up w/ the doctor...I can so imagine him cleaning up after her..I thought since both the doctor & the talented cook are good chefs, then they might be paired up but I guess I was wrong basing on the posted pics. Oh well, I still want the writer to be w/ the playboy though...they make a nice couple.

I think you're confusing the two women. In the pictures Luv posted above you, it's the "good cook" with the doctor guy, not the writer. The first two episodes, it leans toward a triangle within the drama writer, playboy, and rich girl, and then there's another story following the "good cook" and the doctor.

Nothing is concrete yet, but that's what the first two episodes were hinting at.

We don't know yet where the 3rd guy fits in (the guy the writer met at the gym)..

Guest cynthia_ngoc

I think you're confusing the two women. In the pictures Luv posted above you, it's the "good cook" with the doctor guy, not the writer. The first two episodes, it leans toward a triangle within the drama writer, playboy, and rich girl, and then there's another story following the "good cook" and the doctor.

Nothing is concrete yet, but that's what the first two episodes were hinting at.

We don't know yet where the 3rd guy fits in (the guy the writer met at the gym)..

Yeah but then I looked at the other pics that were posted that had all 4 characters and the cook was paired up w/ the playboy, the writer w/ the doctor, the dating service girl w/ the gym guy. That's why I was a little bummed out.

Guest donilpark

I really, really hope they drop the compulsion to pair people up.

How nice it would be if Korean dramas stopped that. at least some.

If you like this drama, by the way, check out also Marrying Type/Woman Who Wants to Marry from back in 2004.

Seeing the way this drama goes, I think this drama will be much like that drama. (which happens to be my all time favourite)

I watched episode 3...

This drama is okay but it's depressing to watch...

It's fun on the surface but it's sad when I think about it :)

It's just hard to be a woman 29+ and looking for love.

At that time...the pool is shrinking rapidly and there are so much pressure to find someone.

I feel like the fun I got from watching is at the expense of someone else...it's not so fun afterall...

The fact that these ladies are acting like teenagers is interesting at first but now it's getting harder to enjoy those moments.

Because of the sensitive theme of this drama...I find it really hard to discuss.

Guest cynthia_ngoc

I've always loved friday's dramas b/c of their adult themes....not the X-rated way.....and this drama is no different. Out of the 3 women, i liked the writer the best b/c she's matured, but honest and is care-free. The dating service lady scares me b/c she's too calculating. I hope I'm not like her when I turn 29 in 7 years. The cook is a little immature for her age but she's adorable. All 3 of these people display different facets of the human personality and that's why it's interesting to watch and see what each does and reacts to things.

I've always loved friday's dramas b/c of their adult themes....not the X-rated way.....and this drama is no different. Out of the 3 women, i liked the writer the best b/c she's matured, but honest and is care-free. The dating service lady scares me b/c she's too calculating. I hope I'm not like her when I turn 29 in 7 years. The cook is a little immature for her age but she's adorable. All 3 of these people display different facets of the human personality and that's why it's interesting to watch and see what each does and reacts to things.

Yes, the same reason why I enjoy this drama too. It shows grown people at multiple stages of life: people who are not ready to get married, refuse to get married, or too anxious to get married.

I don't find anything about this drama depressing, but only realistic. At least, more real than any of the trendy dramas nowadays or dramas from back in the day when guy and girl meet and it's immediately love at first sight.. but they have to overcome some terrible disease or opposing parents. This drama shows real, single life is a lot more complicated than that and people don't find love that easily. Everyone doesn't get married at the young age of 25 and there are also people who don't get married at all.

For myself, I enjoy the cook the most out of the 3 women. She is immature, but she's starting to get her act together, one step at a time. I think she needs to sort things out in her life first like her job, before she can be ready for a dating relationship. It sucks she's so smitten with a guy who turns out to be her friend's boyfriend. I pity her for that and hope her life doesn't deconstruct even more after finding that out.

The writer is the glue among the 3 women, but she also has problems of her own. She's dating one guy, but spends a lot of time with another guy, who happens to be a playboy. And the 3rd girl.. she's too catty to be liked. She plays games too much, always trying to put the ball in her court. Which is also why I don't like the playboy. He's the oldest of all of them, yet plays around with girls like he's a little schoolboy. Like the writer, her boyfriend is the most stable of the 3 men, but he seems to be stuck in a somewhat one-sided relationship. Seems like he's into her more than she's into him and he's said multiple times that he didn't want her to meet with the playboy, but things happen and she seems to be around that guy more than her own boyfriend. The 3rd guy, not really sure yet what's up with him, just that he's younger than all of them and put into this mess of older women.

Guest cynthia_ngoc

Yes, the same reason why I enjoy this drama too. It shows grown people at multiple stages of life: people who are not ready to get married, refuse to get married, or too anxious to get married.

I don't find anything about this drama depressing, but only realistic. At least, more real than any of the trendy dramas nowadays or dramas from back in the day when guy and girl meet and it's immediately love at first sight.. but they have to overcome some terrible disease or opposing parents. This drama shows real, single life is a lot more complicated than that and people don't find love that easily. Everyone doesn't get married at the young age of 25 and there are also people who don't get married at all.

For myself, I enjoy the cook the most out of the 3 women. She is immature, but she's starting to get her act together, one step at a time. I think she needs to sort things out in her life first like her job, before she can be ready for a dating relationship. It sucks she's so smitten with a guy who turns out to be her friend's boyfriend. I pity her for that and hope her life doesn't deconstruct even more after finding that out.

The writer is the glue among the 3 women, but she also has problems of her own. She's dating one guy, but spends a lot of time with another guy, who happens to be a playboy. And the 3rd girl.. she's too catty to be liked. She plays games too much, always trying to put the ball in her court. Which is also why I don't like the playboy. He's the oldest of all of them, yet plays around with girls like he's a little schoolboy. Like the writer, her boyfriend is the most stable of the 3 men, but he seems to be stuck in a somewhat one-sided relationship. Seems like he's into her more than she's into him and he's said multiple times that he didn't want her to meet with the playboy, but things happen and she seems to be around that guy more than her own boyfriend. The 3rd guy, not really sure yet what's up with him, just that he's younger than all of them and put into this mess of older women.

what you say is true about the guys but I still like the playboy the best and not b/c of his looks. His personality strikes me as the type that once settled down w/ the right woman, stress on the the word right, he will be faithful, sweet, adorable....basically a perfect husband. The dermatologist/doctor (??) can be a good husband but a very staid and boring one. It's sweet that he likes to cook & clean but he lacks the vitality and liveliness that the other guy possess. The 3rd guy, I'm not going to comment...he looks & acts like a younger bro to the girls than a potential for the dating service lady.

Guest senalee

Those look like fun episodes...

OKay if they do the pair up thing like most dramas

there will be issues

There are two love triangles

both involving the writer/girl

1st love triangle:

The DateService Girl like the

Rich Restruant Owner Guy who like

The Drama Writer Girl

2nd love Triangle

The Good Cook Girl likes the

Doctor Guy but he likes

THe Drama Writer girl

Then there is that Gym Guy who is friends with the Date Service Girl but ends up getting tutored by the Cook Girl because she used to be a teacher and also owe's for damaging his expensive camera.

What I don't understand is the pictures?

If they do pair up why is the rich guy and the cook girl together they don't even like each other or really know each other. (Will they run in to each other later in the story..maybe the girl end up working at one of his restrants??)

I understand the doctor and the writer because they are really good friends and the girls mom wants them together. And pretty much it seem they are together how the guy is with her and supportive of her.

The gym guy and the dateservice girl .??!! I'm clueless on them..besides that they are friends?!

The

Archived