[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

2 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

I wonder since he's back to 1930's does it mean history might change?

Hmmm.. I'm thinking too much...

I WONDER THAT TOO SEEMS HE RETURNED IN 1930 AND HIS FRIENDS WERE THERE WAITING FOR HIM...THAT SCENE WHEN RSH WAS TRYING TO READ LEADER STORY...

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, salz said:

Lol the trio from the past appear again with SY saying he have dream about future even keep the picture of them 

Lol Yul have super power?this drama remain mysterious until the very end XD

Agree to that! It makes us think again of a different ending.

The happy moment that they had together help to heal the hurt that we felt in the earlier part.

• Like 7

Goosebumps... It feels like the time turned again. And so possible they can change it all over again.

When Sejoo tosses the coin after Seol shoetie loose...

If the coins says one of yes/no Shinyul stay as ghost, if other it can be he lives as human (I think).

Jinoh back to 30s as Shinyul.

Holding their photo together at present time. Omg fantasy and supernatural till end. 

I think it's really beautiful open ending. (I need to know what the side of coin means!)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Agree to that! It makes us think again of a different ending.

The happy moment that they had together help to heal the hurt that we felt in the earlier part.

Yeah it could be another alternate universe where Yul have seen and know what gonna happen in future so the history can change it kinda like writer bonus gift to his character like his own happy ending? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

I AGREE WE CAN HOPE FOR A HAPPY END FOR 1930 OTP CAN WE?

THANKS EVERYBODY!GROUP HUG!

YESSSS AND SHINYUL CAN FIND ANOTHER WOMAN TOO AND THE PLAN WILL ALL NAILED TO THE LIBERATION AND ETC ETC

SO THE PICTURE OF THREE IN PRESENT IS REAL THREE OF THEM

OMG

HUGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking back this hahahahahahahahahaha :'""""""")

the coins mean is Jin-oh happy?

and it signifies yes

its kinda heaven scene for him, with hope to be reincarnated

but still... Beautiful

Edited by CatchMine_ID
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, andy78 said:

I AGREE WE CAN HOPE FOR A HAPPY END FOR 1930 OTP CAN WE?

THANKS EVERYBODY!GROUP HUG!

That ending scene kinda remind me of one Jmovies Orange with Yamazaki Kento where his friend in future sending letter to the past to stop his death.. 

Their efforts won't change or affect the current future but it another alternate universe where they can have different ending from their other past selves haha this ending remind me of that movie

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Gosh...really.. soooo much crying...

RSH WAS AWESOME...I LOVED THE WAY SHE RUINED THAT BIG JERK PARTY...THE WAY SHE CAME IN WITH HER MACHINE GUN AND KILLED THOSE OFFICERS

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, andy78 said:

RSH WAS AWESOME...I LOVED THE WAY SHE RUINED THAT BIG JERK PARTY...THE WAY SHE CAME IN WITH HER MACHINE GUN AND KILLED THOSE OFFICERS

Agree to that!  It is quite a big one!  Didn't even think that she managed to do that after all the torturing, but she is a strong and determined woman.  I'm surprised that they let her go since she's the sniper, the possibility of her killing again is high, and she did kill many of the officers.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Agree to that!  It is quite a big one!  Didn't even think that she managed to do that after all the torturing, but she is a strong and determined woman.  I'm surprised that they let her go since she's the sniper, the possibility of her killing again is high, and she did kill many of the officers.

I love it that maybe we can have perfect wish like maybe she get another alliance and go fight till the Joseon liberated but hell no it will need 20 episodes length and will be quite draggy after Hwiyoung's death but SHE REALLY DID TAKE REVENGE to those kind of traitor of nation that she knew!!! Beast. That 'deadly sniper'

Ah yes about how they let her go I'm kinda wondering it too. Maybe they make sure that she has no weapon anymore, so she back to Carpe Diem to found that treasured weapon, Chicago Typewriter. Need to watch it clearly.

But it's sad too that she kinda lose herself, also Shinyul he seems lost... So that they have tragic end too because Hwiyoung's death...

Final episode feels really like 'free your soul of the past'

Edited by CatchMine_ID
  • Like 5

OMG I'm late to the last party! :( (like expected)

ıt looks like a good finale...I want to wacth it but also want to wait eng subs...

better not to read any comments now...:unsure:

• Like 3

Did the subbed version I watched, mis-translated? Here's the scene I got confused:

Heo Young Min : Tell me, who's the leader.

Soo Hyun : .......

Heo Young Min : You think I wouldn't know? It's got to be one of them - Hwi Young or Shin Yool.

Later ...

Shin Yool : I am the leader.

Heo Young Min : You're lying. The leader must be someone smart, quick and would not show his emotions easily. Someone who wouldn't check his watch before the bomb went off. TELL ME WHO IS HE???

Me : WTF ????!! :astonished:

• Like 5

Is it open ending? i guess not. they are happily living their life with their own ways. Sejoo happy with seol, as shinyul finally forgive himself not being able to save hwiyoung, (this is the main reason why he stuck on typewrite and having short amnesia about his last moment before he died, it was guilty feeling after he let his feeling to saved soohyun, but he makes all his comrade died, especially hwiyoung)

Did Shin yul stuck at carpe diem? In the most happy moment in his life? With his two beloved friends. as his spirit rest in peace without any regret anymore.

Because he said he just woke up from long dream? *while holding present time picture.. last scenes of shinyul,  i think he said for short moment they were together (in future) he was dreaming about them  and he wish(or he want) to meet them again, someday. 

For soohyun: as fighter soohyun need put aside her feeling, because if someone was betray their boss and forgot their real mission in first place, they are still betrayer.. that was the saddest things in her life.. it wasnt about she was angry because hwiyoung died..but traitor need to be punish, thats how fighters living in the past for the sake of their country free from colonialism..shin yul himself admitted his wrongdoing by reveal their leaders name.. he wait for soohyun to kill him, just how he stay in carpe diem waiting for her to come.. 

IMG_4149.jpg

Hwiyoung letters to Shinyul.. (Some important part of his letters) 

I have received so many things from you, I have received so much that I will never can pay it back.i wrote this letters before I am leaving. I am sorry that I have only this one. I want you to complete this novel that I havent finish, in my place. 

Yul a. I regret not being able to tell you how much I believed and loved you. So let's meet again. No, even if we die, let's meet again.

IMG_4150.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_4151.jpg

credit as tagged

I would says i love how the story of three of them in past, in 1930s the most. If they stay on past time, i think chicago typewriter will be hit drama, looking how Jump rating from ep15 1.4 to ep16 2.4% seems like viewers love their past story most.. but overall i love all main cast, they are show us how they playing with such a great emotion through painful past as fighters..  great writing from JSW writernim..  great ost from music director.. all supporting cast did great job, especially kwak si yang, he makes me annoyed by his annoying appearence in this drama.. lol.. i love all main lead, Yoo ah in and GKP so adorable and im soo jung was best as soohyun, especially when she cried over everything that hurting her.. i wont talk about their acting talent, because all did their job very well, i love all of them with same portion :)

For Yoo ah in, i dont know if i should sad or not.. i love Hwiyoung character so much, but again he died lol (just like all his past drama with sad and tragic ending not being able to be with his beloved one). at least i get to see happy ending yoo ah in as seJoo character (cutest man on earth :tongue:).. ugh ! Thanks for not breaking my heart  for the first time in kdramaland lol ❤️

HE GOT KISS AND SLEEP WITH HIS BELOVED JEONSEOL :tongue: 

IMG_41588e1f0.jpg

Btw, thank to all no.1 successfull maniac here :tongue: we stay from beginning until the last pieces of masterpieces JSW writernim. hope to see u again, in another great drama someday.. @CatchMine_ID @supergal99 @Yongzura @dramaobsessed @salz @andy78 @Ahmad Kamil and thanks all Chicago typewriter fans, from silent lurkers, likers, and commentators.. thanks to @larus for making this thread.

• Like 11

I thought of the last scene where Hwi Young and Soo Huron are in heaven or the spirit world or something, and they were wondering where Shin Yool has been this whole entire time but waiting for him as well.. it's like the afterlife for them and Shin Yool's spirit is finally able to join them.. That's why he had the photograph of him, Seju, and Jeon Sool all together. It was nice to see that Jin Oh is in the picture as well :)

I admit I teared up in this episode.. such a tragic story between Shin Yool, Soo Hyeon and Hwi Young..

We have Soo Hyeon who took revenge on the people who betrayed the alliance and took revenge on the Japanese. She truly is a strong, brave women to do that.. I'm sure when she killed Shin Yool, it must've broke her on the inside...

Then we have Shin Yool who feels as though he killed his one and best friend because he told Young Min the leaders name.. He couldn't just forget about it and he stayed as a ghost, unable to move on to the afterlife because of his guilt and wanting to fulfill his promise with Hwi Young..

Then of course there is leader Hwi Young, who had to lead his alliance and guide them but in the end he took away his own life to save the group.. At the same time, during the time he was leader, he couldn't reveal his true feeling and hide them. In the end, Hwi Young acted as the leader until the moment he died..

Okay, maybe I shouldn't write all my thoughts yet because I still need to watch the episode with subs to 100% understand the Episode...but definitely love this episode.. 

• Like 7

random thought..

if enemy is born as son/daughter.. could writer baek whose son is TM also be from teh past?

why he took YAI as adopted son, why YAI respects him so much, why he does not get along with TM? SH's mom is also from the past?

maybe baek was SH's dad in the past.. prominent independence fighter figure?

i cud swear to god.. how difficult it is to not read aything to avoif any spolers

• Like 1

Though I admit like everyone else here I love the 1930 story more which could be their own drama but still I wouldn't trade any of my YooJinOh awesome adventure as ghost storyline for anything :tongue:

Him meeting his two already reborn buddies becoming their cupid, pranks them, making their dull life after reborn extra exciting, get the chance to forgive each other with no more misunderstanding, get to see the mortal enemy from past suffering in the present life also having the chance to see and enjoy what freedom life feel without suffering in the past YJO is pretty successful ghost lol

Youngmin sure is smart, confident and pretty strong villain in past so his punishment is he reborn into stupid guy with inferior complex always forever losing to the very enemy he cause the death in past HY&SJ..im glad SH kill him in past and I'm glad YJO make him crazy in present while SJ someone he could never surpass..KSY is doing great job in this drama and well this is my first time watching him so he did impressed me and I admit his past character more interesting than present

The mom part well kinda understand her worries since she is one of the person who betray SH and get kill by her as well then they reborn as mother and daughter so ironic lol.. She still as selfish as her past self but well at least Seol is cool enough to forgive her this time.. 

Anyway this drama may not be perfect and some part can be done differently but still this also one of my most favorite kdrama this year which I enjoy from very beginning until end.. Usually I get bored in middle of drama but CT manage to make my interest high until the very end so it awesome for me if a drama manage to make me tune in every week even streaming live raw..remind me of my addiction with Reply1988 lol

It a pity about the rating but no matter what it amazing drama with great effort by the whole cast&staff..thank you especially to my favorite trio YooAhIn, ImSooJung and GoKyungPyo all three is amazing actors&actresses <3 

I'm glad they pick up this project which also ISJ comeback to kdrama world she still able to make me love her like I did in MISA days..she still as beautiful and young as ever and hope to see more of her project..i admit her character pretty weak in the present day but still interesting enough as Seol she just a different person from past life and more at peace which is lovely since she suffer so much in past.. So she deserve just be more happy in present life.. While as RSH she totally nailed the role and show what amazing actress she is with more complex and serious setting in past with heartbreaking ending.. I do feel she is the type more suitable with melodramatic serious acting than a comedy.. Well just my opinion but of course I enjoy her being cute and cheesy with SJ as well XD

YooAh In never fail to amaze me and always deliver in whatever role given to him. For me HY and SJ totally different person only tied by the past but I don't really see them as same person which YAI brilliant acting can show both past and present interesting character and great acting.. I hope the best for him and his health also hoping he stay strong with his army controversy and prove his haters wrong.. And pick another project while at it XD

And last my lovely GoKyungPyo thank you for getting this role as the lovable naughty ghost YJO and the happy go lucky&romantic guy ShinYul :) 

After breaking my heart in previous drama you decide to break my heart again here but still you make great choice of role since YJO is not just another typical 2nd lead or the third wheel but he actually the third wheel that the two lead adore and wanna keep lol..and I enjoy the trio moment very much sometime it feel the three of them is couple not just SJ&JS well more on SJ side since he just too attached to the ghost that Seol left them to have their last moment alone LMAO..

And of course beside the epic bromance I love his relation with SH&Seol since he definitely very important figure in her life both past present. Seol first strong memory about her past since a child always about her killing YJO and that what affect her the most so I'm glad we get the heart to heart talk at the end but why can't we get at least a hug for them :( 

Looking forward to GKP next drama which hopefully be another good role and acting for him.. Fighting one of my favorite young actor who have so much potential :) 

I usually hate open ending but this drama open ending is the type I can appreciate since the lovely SY and his two buddy HY&SH deserve more screentime lol and giving us another supernatural mystery questiom to interpret of what the meaning of it until end or it just Yul meeting soul of his friends waiting for him but not really possible since they already reborn or he really wander back to past bringing the memory of everything that happened so he can change his own past lol.. Well nobody know but him though I appreciate I can see the past trio again looking happy together even just a dream..

Overall I see this as happy ending drama.. The couple SJ&Seol get their happy next life and Yul being free from his regret and get to see his friend being happy so he himself get the happiness just by spending time with his two most beloved friend or more like family to him :) 

Thank you for everyone here to accompany me being crazy stalker of CT lol.. might be back to being lurker again after this but I enjoy being in this thread very much since it much more peaceful compare to other thread and no shipper fanwar here which is a bless lol so I can say this is the best and most peaceful drama thread I have the honor to be part of.. 

Goodbye until we met again 

P. S I love the ost so very much one of the best from drama I watch 

• Like 7