[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

This drama is the one I like the most recently. And the filming locations like bookstores etc are pretty.

I just went to one of the bookstores (from ep 1) last week when I was in Korea. Really a nice place. Highly recommend if you are planning a trip to Korea

• Like 6

Chicago Typewriter: Episode 8

by gummimochi

Chicago08-00048.jpg

How can anybody say no to this adorable face? It won’t be easy refusing this lovesick puppy phantom when he knows almost everything about the story that started it all, which means Se-joo must learn how to adjust his daily lifestyle to fulfill the whims and demands of a ghost if he ever wants to find answers to his past life and complete his book.

read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/chicago-typewriter-episode-8/

• Like 5

Guys we never talked about this! maybe ıts so important...ep 4 the two guy coming in front of Seol's house and shaman woman sensing them and telling this! 

P0WJyQ.png2r3zLv.png

Spoiler

1LWO9D.pngj8OGPn.png

:blink:

so what she mean?..ıs she serious? ıt would be a joke about Se Joo being a rude bastard! so she is feeling it but she also saying "there are two but I dont know which one is the evil spirit!"....does it mean she is giving us a master hint about Jin Oh's real character? what if he is actually the evil spirit who turned into a bad guy after learning Soohyun and Hwi Young are lovers and made one of them killed other?...so what ıf he again turns into that evil person after he see smth going on between Joo and Seoul at current life?...he said to Joo "Seol was our lover in the past"..how she be two man's lover?...was he really thinking Soohyun is in love with him?

this scene would be the real hint about the facts we will see at next episodes...

I hope not..I like Jin Oh...but there is smth wrong at past and there was a reason of that sad ending.

Edited by Berou
Mod edit : please post only 3 pics, use the spoiler tag for the rest
  • Like 2

@stargazer187 hahahaha looked so smooth. AGREE with that don't drag it too long, dear real cakka-nim.

@evok yup, that one a big hint. Debated who is the real sinner back then, HY or JO, but seems after latest eps, cause more and more towards Hwi-young side... It could be Jin-oh. Let's see... But if I'm not wrong, I remember that was after Seol met Tae-min? Even though that was too far from the sequences. Haha, yes by far I think the one that Mom-jin talked is between Se-joo or JO.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Idk, I think so, I guess what she meant is just that she definitely sense there are two, while she only sees SJ there, then she thinks that there must be two spirits there, that is JO and, who's the other, hmm... anotjer ghost who roams around her house, like maybe the one who talks to bang ji or other. 

I know some might predict that JO and that typewriter ghost are two different spirits? are also agreeing to this idea? as for me, I don't think so. 

But yes, a tiny doubt comes to me after you mention about this... haha, let's see. 

she mean there are two spirit and one of them is the evil one but which one can be?....she only see SJ bc the other one run away before she come out...so we still dont know which spirit is the evil one that she sensed...the living or the dead one?

• Like 1

By now this drama has us guessing left and right. We're paying attention to little details - from jin oh carrying se ju's stuffed animal to bang jin's mom's ominous words. We can no longer tell whether a scene or a line is something that has relevance to the story or is there just because. It sounds crazy but i can say for myself that i like how this drama is 'fooling' me lol. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, CatchMine_ID said:

@stargazer187 hahahaha looked so smooth. AGREE with that don't drag it too long, dear real cakka-nim.

@evok yup, that one a big hint. Debated who is the real sinner back then, HY or JO, but seems after latest eps, cause more and more towards Hwi-young side... It could be Jin-oh. Let's see... But if I'm not wrong, I remember that was after Seol met Tae-min? Even though that was too far from the sequences. Haha, yes by far I think the one that Mom-jin talked is between Se-joo or JO.

Taemin was not there she sensed two guy waiting at outside at that moment and decided one of them is evil....I dont think ıt SJ bc like the past repeating...Soohyun and Hwi Young fell in love in the past and they again falling love in this life and the 3rd person who like the girl has to watch everything again...maybe he got angry in the past and at future life he again got angry and try to cut this relation with doing smth bad....and ıf past is repeating itself this drama would go as Seol trying to kill SE Joo physically or mentally bc of the HY!....

we will see...

• Like 2

Simple things we called LOVE :heart: 

there is No third party here, its just U and Me..

IMG_2719.jpg

He told her about Yoo Jin oh Love, but everything Yoo Jin Oh did was to make Seol and SeJoo together..

IMG_2720.jpg
Credit to halffull

@stargazer187 

It was written hostinity (i guess translater was wrong writing alphabet. i think her relation with baek sera "HOSTILITY" which mean unfriendly). So baek sera might be appearing at kyungsung 1930..

according google:

"Hostility is the state of ill will and bad feeling. If a teacher embarrasses you in front of the whole class, you will probably regard him or her with hostility for the remainder of the school year. Hostility can be used to describe aggressive relations between two countries as well as between people."

chart character under spoiler:

Spoiler

IMG_27222a878.jpg

GKP coffee truck ! I think he is one of kind and good actor, he let owner coffee truck get his sign, and let owner share his photo on social media❤️

Spoiler

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, soryuu13 said:

By now this drama has us guessing left and right. We're paying attention to little details - from jin oh carrying se ju's stuffed animal to bang jin's mom's ominous words. We can no longer tell whether a scene or a line is something that has relevance to the story or is there just because. It sounds crazy but i can say for myself that i like how this drama is 'fooling' me lol. 

lol, well said. You can say for me too lolol

• Like 2

Baek Sera so we gonna have another villain from that Baek family? If she have hostility toward Seol I doubt her character gonna be up to any good especially with the type of family she have. She could be in love with Seju while grow up together and think of Seol as enemy.. Oh well hope her character won't take much screen time whenever she appear since that crazy mom&bro is more than enough bad guy

Seriously what is wrong with this whole family even the shameless ghost is nowhere near the ultimate shameless level of that family they just beyond repair.. 

Anyway I have re-watch ep7&8 over and over again this drama is just too good and the ost just brilliant 

Seriously GoKyungPyo his acting just keep getting better and we all know how amazing YAI already is but I'm glad GKP can shine just fine in every scene he in and those two have great chemistry together.. And GKP with ISJ also wonderful even they have very little scene but I can feel how much he love her and that scene in ep7 truly break my heart when he though she can see him.. 

I love that he choosing good role for himself no matter it lead or not but if he continues doing it right his future as actor just gonna keep getting better.. 

He truly mastering those heart breaking facial expressions and all the angst perfectly..i guess all the practice being 2nd lead everytime paid off lol since they always doomed in love and never get the girl but well nothing can beat the ghost role he is doomed from the start since no way ghost can get a girl..

Well I predict his ending gonna be bittersweet but hopefully it end with both SJ&Seol saying goodbye without any bad feeling left and let her see him at least once so he can move on to after life being happy with his two most important friend sending him off and they also happy without another tragic ending like past.. 

With how they portray YJO up until now I just can't imagine him turning truly evil.. Even he lock as a ghost he still don't turn into evil ghost which I have seen in many story where ghost turn evil when they died holding grudge but for me YJO only want conclusion to their story not in bad way.. Well I might be wrong and the writer have their own hidden card for YJO since he still mysterious until now but I do think his love&affection to both SJ&Seol is truly genuine..

Their friendship already end tragic in past I don't think it will repeated again this time..

maybe in middle of the novel once they get nearer to truth there gonna be tension and story might get darker but I feel the three of them this time won't let same mistake happen again and save their friendship this time so I wanna have faith the writer is good and will give us satisfying story until end since it have been great ride until now.. 

Yeah there could be jealousy in past with his one sided love but still I just don't think he capable to purposely hurt his friend until they die.. There must be misunderstanding somewhere and SJ&Seol need to recover their memory too because they should have different side of story from YJO as well since YJO not gonna know everything what happen when he not around.. 

There must be reason why YJO the only one stuck as ghost&stuck in past. With how Seol feel so guilty about her killing I think it is SJ and YJO died probably because of suicide?  Or could be opposite HY might die from different situation or get caught by Japanese and SH misunderstood that YJO betray them and she kill him in that room while he might try to finish HY story but get kill before that which is reason he the one stuck in typewriter with unfinished business since he really want to finish that novel

Well people mention about 2 evil spirit it could be about YJO but it could also be different spirit hiding somewhere since YJO is not evil yet there it weird if she sense him as evil when he being all flower boy with BJ LMAO.. OK just my logic

There also that comment YJO making about sinful people reborn as writer so we can also guess HY have other side of him as well or YJO misunderstand about HY in past or it actually that Taemin exist in 1930 and reborn as writer but he suck at writing so might not be him.. Oh well I wonder why HY hiding side of him as part of the members from SH since she have zero idea that he involved in the activity and only think he have fun at gisaeng instead doing anything for country..

He pretends he don't know she is a girl as well and act like he don't know about gun when she talking about Chicago typewriter is a gun.. Could he be their leader or there reason they hide that fact from SH since ShinYul doesn't seem to hide himself but HY need to pretend he is not part of the gang but just help them with medicine only?well she gonna be more attached to him once she know he is the one who save her life that night

Anyway no matter I'm wrong or not I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and please stay awesome drama until end so I can crown this drama as the best this year without hating any ep lol no matter what the rating

• Like 7

These days, I have been constantly listening to the Baek Ye Rin's Memories. I can't help but wonder if it is a prelude to the bittersweet parting...Like many others here, I am swoon by the relationship between the Soo Hyun and Hwi Young...especially when they touched each other's forehead.
For me, it is also a little conflicting because Hwi Young is obviously much older than Soo Hyun... lol but when she grew up, they treated her like their peer instead of a younger person. You can sense her maturity and love for Hwi Young's talents when she said, " Guns are not the only thing that can save the world... I will pick the gun. So you pick the pen and use your knife to help our comrades like this. If everyone does their jobs, wouldn't our country be liberated?"  Her words obviously surprised him too....and you sense him falling deeply in love with her.  It is also revealed that she is not aware that he is also a  revolutionary fighter (familiar with the guns too) and he was the masked man that saved her life.  Even in his past life, Se Joo is a man with secrets... 

I admire the friendship between Seol and Bang Jin. It is such a contrast between Se Joo and Taemin. There are some similarities in both eg. both lived together when they are not biologically related and shared the passion for the written word. However, the nature of their relations is so vastly different. While Taemin grew evil from jealousy, we see none in Bang Jin. She truly loves Seol with her heart, even though it is obvious that Seol is the 'more talented' and 'popular' one of the two.

I just noticed the similarity Seol's and Se Joo's family background. They have no other family members and is dependent on friends. This is similar to their past lives too. (Soo-hyun's father was killed by the Japanese and Hwi-Young's parents disowned him).  It is a little cliche - as it seems to emphasise that they are soulmate. So it seems almost natural that they are attracted to each other because their core is similar even though they 'seem' different on the outside (Se Joo -cold and Seol - compassionate). 

The contract-writing scene is amusing. Two great writers with their lengthy contract - one on a laptop and one on a typewriter. Two different eras but with the same content. Is this another parallel to past and present life? To me, their interactions here are typical male-male interactions at work. Logical and professional. Their dynamics are also interesting. While Jin-oh wants to be friends with Se Joo, but in reality, he often acts like more like a 'hyung' towards Se Joo-giving him advice on life and girls.  Jin-oh is like the missing 'soul' of Se Joo...at times. These two long time friends complete one another. One is missing a soul and the other is missing a body.  This seems like the case when See Joo told Seol that 'someone' has been missing her for a hundred years and you can see the look at Jin Oh's eyes - a sense of gratitude that his feelings were made known. If you recall his profound sadness at the scene when he was tried to Seol farewell at epi 7. In her drunken stupor, she seems to look into his eyes. On hindsight, I believed that scene was something he wished for...because she clearly didn't see him when she told them her secret.   

IMJ's tears and emotions are amazing for the ending of epi 8. You can just can't help but feel her pain, her yearning for Se Joo's love. You can see how it shook both the man and the ghost. The scene is just poignant...

I don't know about you guys but I am constantly thinking of the similarities and contrasts in both lives...So, I guess the remaining question is: Will their ending be similar or different? Will they get their happy ending in this liberated Korea? 

Sharing the lyrics of the songs...

Memories (by Baek Ye Rin) 

Today, I suddenly felt something from you
It was a very scary moment

What does that mean?
Is it longing? Or is it hatred?

Some days, there are days like that
Everything seems unfamiliar

From some scents
From some sounds on some days
I feel a very old-time memory

Slowly Bloom In My Heart
As the dark memories become clearer
Love Blooms In My Heart
I feel an unknown feeling

When I put my hand on it, I feel
A numbing pain, why?

Because I want to remember
I keep walking to you
Step by step, following you

Slowly Bloom In My Heart
The moment the dark memories open its eyes
I Run To Your Heart
To the most beautiful moments

In some dream
In a place I don’t know
When I’m lost and wandering

The image of me in pain
In constant tears
Reflect in the sunlight

Slowly Bloom In My Heart
The moment the dark memories open its eyes
I Run To Your Heart
To the most beautiful moments

My Everlasting Moment In Life 

• Like 7

I'm only on episode 3. I'm taking my sweet time so i can fully understand each episode as i watch. here's part of my thoughts if you're behind like me....

vlcsnap-00105_zpsmt7l9aea.pngThere’s another symbolism in this show that’s supernatural in nature. Fog. The fog can be translated in many ways, but it all applied to Se Ju. We can’t see what’s beyond the fog unless we go through it. This is like Se Ju’s character, he can’t see past his writer’s block unless he comes up with new material, or a ghostwriter can do it for him. It could also represent Se Ju’s wall. There are issues memories he doesn’t want to remember – both past, and present, so he created a spiritual wall of fog. For Se Ju’s emotions, it symbolizes his confusion/misery. Se Ju has mentioned this before when he compared Jeon Seol to Annie. It’s like his worst fear – to be involved in “misery”, which he’s now in – but a deeper meaning. It could also mean as a sign of future revelations, in this case he had a dream/vision of his past life.

read more here

• Like 4

18 hours ago, salz said:

Seriously GoKyungPyo his acting just keep getting better and we all know how amazing YAI already is but I'm glad GKP can shine just fine in every scene he in and those two have great chemistry together.. And GKP with ISJ also wonderful even they have very little scene but I can feel how much he love her and that scene in ep7 truly break my heart when he though she can see him.. 

I love that he choosing good role for himself no matter it lead or not but if he continues doing it right his future as actor just gonna keep getting better.. 

He truly mastering those heart breaking facial expressions and all the angst perfectly..i guess all the practice being 2nd lead everytime paid off lol since they always doomed in love and never get the girl but well nothing can beat the ghost role he is doomed from the start since no way ghost can get a girl..

That is my favorite scene from him. I love that scene, it is sad but I keep repeating that scene. 

Lets prepare our boxes of tissue.

I hope Jin Oh never master the "human possess" technique. I just hope he can hold a pen, write a letter to Sejoo and Jeonseol at the end of the page of the book, and able to appear in front of Jeonseol for few minutes before gone forever. It will be funny if we got GR cameo. LOL. 2017 he still in duty right? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

• Like 3

On 5/1/2017 at 5:19 AM, evok said:

so what she mean?..ıs she serious? ıt would be a joke about Se Joo being a rude bastard! so she is feeling it but she also saying "there are two but I dont know which one is the evil spirit!"....does it mean she is giving us a master hint about Jin Oh's real character? what if he is actually the evil spirit who turned into a bad guy after learning Soohyun and Hwi Young are lovers and made one of them killed other?...so what ıf he again turns into that evil person after he see smth going on between Joo and Seoul at current life?...he said to Joo "Seol was our lover in the past"..how she be two man's lover?...was he really thinking Soohyun is in love with him?

this scene would be the real hint about the facts we will see at next episodes...

I hope not..I like Jin Oh...but there is smth wrong at past and there was a reason of that sad ending.

Hello - late to this thread because this show just boggles my mind :crazy:.  

But as to mom, she said that she sensed evil "coming".  Could that mean that it isn't either SJ or JO, but a presence they will draw to them?  

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 3:19 AM, bebe1989 said:

. I dont know for sure, but my opinion still same, she killed HW. Because in 1930, Soohyun looks really close with HW than Shin yul/Jinoh..(eventhough we still dont know about Shin yul story) so my guess her sad memories was come from HW, the one who close with her the most. 

For Yoo Ji Oh/shinyul, i think from beginning until now, he looks like want SeJoo and seoL to be together..perhaps it was from his guilty feeling from past?for making soohyun and HW separate.

I totally agree. Watching episode 8 when Yoo Jin-O was asking what if she killed one of them I was so sure that Soo-hyun killed Hwi-young. It is a gut feeling that I can`t ignore, like I am 99% sure. :wink: And the same feeling was telling me that Yoo Ji oh was the one who made that happen somehow. Maybe he caused a missunderstanding intentionally or unintentionally. Now, he is helping both Han Se-Joo and Jeon Seol and it is his chance to redeem himself. I am not sure if he really does not remember what happened. I think he does remember but really it doesn`t matter.   I am cheering for all three of them to have a good ending. I love this triangle. I love them seeing them together and it breaks my heart that they were once closed friends and that friendship was broken. I love seeing them in the present as well. They make me laugh but in the same time they made me feel like shedding a tear.  If it is true that Yoo Ji Oh was the "bad" guy that separate them, I still want him to find peace. I think he loved both Soo Hyun and Hwi Young and 100 years of regret is enough to forgive him if he did a bad thing. I felt like crying when Se Joo was bending down to tie her shoelace and telling  her that someone was missing her for 100 years. Yoo Ji Oh is helping them alright. I loved how he is telling Se Joo that he seams to be the ghost that he is not living. He is pushing him towards Jeol seol, he makes him react. There are good funny moments. The interactions between Se Joo and his literally ghostwriter are the best. Very good cast for this drama for all of them..

I am curious how things will progress. It seams that the past is repeating itself but I have hope that this time the ending will be different. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, aunniek said:

Hello - late to this thread because this show just boggles my mind :crazy:.  

But as to mom, she said that she sensed evil "coming".  Could that mean that it isn't either SJ or JO, but a presence they will draw to them?  

you will see at hidden content she continue as "there are two but which one..which one is it?"...she is looking at them from afar and saying this..first I thought ıts a joke bc rude bastard SJ is there..he is the evil...the devil around Seol :D but still the way she says seriously with adding "but which one" also would be a big hint for future happenings!....I know no one want to see JO turning into a bad guy...we all love him but we dont know what happened ıf in the past the unfortunate ending happened bc of him, ıts normal to see same thing happening at future...bc you can see everything is repeating again! destined ones are finding each other again...but sure he will not really harm them at least with consciously..he is a good ghost and ıf he made mistake at past, he won't do it again but even at the final scene of ep 8 we saw how his face changed..we all know he won't like Joo and Seol over closeness and we dont know what happened and how he reacted after same people got secretly closed at past life..

we will wait and see ıt this scene meant smth or not...:)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, evok said:

you will see at hidden content she continue as "there are two but which one..which one is it?"...she is looking at them from afar and saying this..first I thought ıts a joke bc rude bastard SJ is there..he is the evil...the devil around Seol :D but still the way she says seriously with adding "but which one" also would be a big hint for future happenings!....I know no one want to see JO turning into a bad guy...we all love him but we dont know what happened ıf in the past the unfortunate ending happened bc of him, ıts normal to see same thing happening at future...bc you can see everything is repeating again! destined ones are finding each other again...but sure he will not really harm them at least with consciously..he is a good ghost and ıf he made mistake at past, he won't do it again but even at the final scene of ep 8 we saw how his face changed..we all know he won't like Joo and Seol over closeness and we dont know what happened and how he reacted after same people got secretly closed at past life..

we will wait and see ıt this scene meant smth or not...:)

Ah, thanks for the clarification!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

That is my favorite scene from him. I love that scene, it is sad but I keep repeating that scene. 

Lets prepare our boxes of tissue.

I hope Jin Oh never master the "human possess" technique. I just hope he can hold a pen, write a letter to Sejoo and Jeonseol at the end of the page of the book, and able to appear in front of Jeonseol for few minutes before gone forever. It will be funny if we got GR cameo. LOL. 2017 he still in duty right? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

That my favorite scene too alongside the shoe tying scene when SJ mention someone missing her for 100yrs YJO at that moment just giving me so much feel...seriously YJO have many great expression and faces in this drama both comedic and angst moment it just totally on the spot..

I love his previous roles but I need to say YJO already becoming my no1 favorite of all GKP roles lol..well I might say same thing next role but for sure YJO gonna own special place in my favorite&memorable kdrama character 

Yup I think GR still active in service during 2017 would be epic if he cameo to take YJO soul who might be unlisted soul lmao two of my favorite character together who took such long time to reborn XD

• Like 5

Most heartbreaking fact of this drama is JO thinking he will be a human again ıf he can fully remember the past and help SJ finishing the novel but actually when ıt will happen we all know that lost soul will pass to the other world. :( 

some of you questioned..I also wonder why is he helping SJ get the girl?..How ıt will help him when SJ beat up every guy around her and make her love him?....he look so naive yess..but he has to think SJ would lie about not loving Seol..he also knows same guy loved Soohyun aka Seol at past..they fell in love. so there is a big chance that ıt will happen again...

one of my side is saying he just want her for himself and actually can't think cleverly, other side is saying he is secretly trying to bring them together bc in the past he committed a sin, made this two break up with dead and maybe his current mission is make them ending up together so he can go the heaven...thats why shaman woman "possibly" called him as evil and his secret mission is bring amnesty to this sinner.

• Like 2

Stills Jeonseol sweet smile towards Yoo Jin Oh (more photos under spoiler):

If i found u first? Would you have believed me? If you saw me first?had it been the case, would you have welcomed me like you used to?

IMG_2764.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_27621a269.jpg
IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

YOO JIN OH CUTEST GIFS - Cr As tagged ❤️❤️❤️

His charm no jokes !!! :D 

IMG_2767.gif

More all cutest Ghostwriter gifs under spoiler:

Spoiler

SERIOUSLY! How can i ignore this cutie request?

IMG_2766.gif

IMG_2555c1413.gif

IMG_25562d3af.gif

IMG_2557f1991.gif

IMG_255898ae2.gif

IMG_2559d46ae.gif

IMG_25601abb1.gif

IMG_2561ed5cd.gif

IMG_2562453b2.gif

IMG_2765.gif

YOO JIN OH PHOTOS ❤️❤️❤️

Spoiler

IMG_27123057b.jpg
IMG_271349d1a.jpg
IMG_27145a58f.jpg

@larus "im not sure if he really dies not remember what happened. I think he does remember but really it doesnt matter"

when you wrote about this, speaking honestly, from episode 2-8 i already feel Yoo Jin oh was lying to seJoo, especially romance part.. he lied about his real name, whats the real matter if seJoo knows his real name earlier?seJoo dont care about his past. He lied about working as another ghostwriter Yoo. He can lies at very beginning episodes..how can we believe his true attention? Though i feel his first mission was to make "hwiyoung and soohyun" getting back together. 

Somehow in kdramaland, or in our actual life. Ghost, is something that happened when someone how cant died and leave the world peacefully..especially on kdramaland, we can see many Ghost want shaman or the one who can see ghost,to help them to do some mission before they are going to happen..

that why i feel the fault probably happened from ShinYul aka yoo side. It doesnt matter it was his intentionally or unintentionally action..

PREVIEW FOR BTS THIS WEEK!!!!

@supergal99 pwetyy !! Sorry i didnt notice your mention me. He is cuteeeeeeeee as always❤️ Its better for GKp take lead role than second lead from now ! So we dont need to get broken heart (i did on jealousy incarnate drama lol) but han seJoo also my bae. haha

• Like 8