[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

Chicago Typewriter: Episode 13

by gummimochi

Chicago13-00602.jpg

Sometimes the smallest steps in the right direction can be the biggest step in the pursuit of happiness. Now that our core trio has opened the Pandora’s box of their past lives, it’s time for them to work together in solving the mystery that ties their stories into one. Even if reliving the past brings up some painful memories, there’s no doubt that life’s simplest moments are what brings them the most joy.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/chicago-typewriter-episode-13/

• Like 6

I'm so proud of se ju for not falling into tae min's scheme. Ugh... I just really want to richard simmons slap the present day villains in this drama. It's se ju's fault her stalker/ murderer brother committed suicide, it's se ju's fault his lie-of-a-career is over. Jeez. 

Anyway, i hope jin oh has enough powers left in him to save se ju since it looks like tae min is beyond redemption. I guess the writer really wants him to suffer for betraying korea in the past >_<

One thing i noticed though is that both in the present and the past, jin oh's/ shin yul's actions seemed to be the catalyst for the succeeding events. Jin oh exposing 'fate' lead to tae min going crazy while shin yul looking at his watch kind of gave away their plan.

Last two episodes, everyone! 

• Like 6

AHh what a ride.. eps 13 and 14.

I think Seju will survive, but I think he'll maybe use telekinetic powers to stop him from falling. I think by protecting Seju, Jin oh sees his buddy for the last time and then (perishes?). I'm really curious as to how he was stuck in the typewriter. I think in the 1930's, Taemin's men did make it back in time to see the Joseon Alliance on stage, and there was some sort of a massive gun fight. I think that Hwi Young died in battle, perhaps sacrificing himself for Jin Oh.  A drama like this.. as of right now, it makes more sense if by the end it is the Seju-Seol pairing that lives with the weight on their shoulders knowing their past and their best friend Jin Oh. But I hope Jin Oh disappears knowing what happened, and the novel isn't published simply in his honor but he was part of it until the very end. I hope he finds closure- that was what he wanted. 

P.S. Some more thoughts:
I feel like the beginning of the drama (after eps 1-2) it was a bit slow, but now I feel like 2 episodes won't sum everything up :( I hate the stalker siblings, they've been useful in drumming up plot devices to insert Seol as Seju's protector, and now Jin Oh as Seju's protector, but couldn't that be done with something else but stalker siblings? I'm not sure if this whole--  I save you, you then save me in the present is a complete copy of the past, or if its a reflection as in if Hwi Young saved Jin Oh in the past, Jin Oh saves Hwi Young in the present. 

• Like 5

After watching the last 2 episodes, what came up in my mind is where's the next step of HSJ and JS's romance..

They live under the same roof, yo chinguuu..

Anyway.. Last 2 episode, what will I do with my life after this drama end?

• Like 5

Chicago Typewriter: Episode 14

by gummimochi

Chicago14-00120.jpg

We’re right at the cusp of learning the full details of the operation that started it all, the one that brought both tragedy and hope to our young independence fighters. Fear will threaten to take root in our characters’ hearts as the stakes get higher in both time periods. Even though it feels like we’re playing a round of Russian roulette with so many lives on the line, our characters will know that the only way to face those fears is head on.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/chicago-typewriter-episode-14/

• Like 4

want to know the complete whole story but don't want the show says goodbye :')

Spoiler

why the height of the video is more taller here if I post to Soompi so it's have black border... Anyone here maybe know how can I customize it? Thanks in advance:D 

• Like 6

aahhh ~HOGU's LOVE~ flashbacks!! Yoo Jinoh + Han Seju + Jeon Seol + Gyun Woo = OT3 & baby ^-^ now that is a cuute family!!! ♡♡♡ #LOVE 

IMG_390224656.jpg

Re: BangJin, I prefer to ship her with DaeHan, ie their cute BFF-bickering, etc that way they can both recover from their unrequited loves ~together xD 

• Like 5

Episode 15 preview is out!! :love:

SJ: It's a relief that I didn't lose you. (I think this is what he says)

Man: Not 100% sure what he says here but he said that they captured somebody

SY: We cannot abandon Soo Hyeon, we need to rescue her.

HY: If you find out where Soo Yeon is...

SY: If you don't go, I'll go alone.

HY: Stop right there, Shin Yool!

SY: Hwi Young, I think it's time for us to separate.

HY: Just one day, just once let me be a man. (In this context, I think he means like be seen as a man. Like how Soo Hyeon said she wants to be seen as a woman)

HY: The rescue was a success, I will go now.

Omo, it seems like Hwi Young falls off or gets trapped at the cliff? :cry: But from what I understood, looks like Ryu Soo Hyeon got kidnapped or something and Shin Yool wants to rescue her. However, it seems like Hwi Young is against it or something?

But, omg there's going to be so much action in the next episode especially with the past and everything being revealed!! I can't wait..!

• Like 8

OMG PREVIEW (thanks @ferily)!!! So HSJ saved then where is YJO... Aaaaaaaaaackkkk and yes that cliff finally we will come to see that!

Is SHY pretend to be RSH? With that hats?

Anyway D-1!

P. S. Calling @evok who's been refreshing this page for preview.

How can I chill with that preview...

• Like 5

I love this drama so much that I watched it live, raw and then with subtitles. And re-watched all the other episodes before the new episodes are shown. What has this drama done to me????

I'll put this drama as one of the few best dramas I've watched along with SeGa. And Hwi Young as one of my beloved characters. He's hot, suave, charismatic and so much more. YAI is my new found love :heart: Thanks everyone for the pictures and all.

Regarding the preview, I feel like it is a parallel of what is happening in the past and present. It seems that Hwi Young or Se Joo died or get hurt when he is trying to save Ryu Su Hyeon or Jeon Seol. Both from high places(cliff and building). He probably jumped off the cliff or shot to death in the past whereas in the present he is saved by Yoo Jin Oh. I hope I am wrong that Ryu Su Hyeon killed Yin Jin Oh because she believed that YJO betrayed HY (I hope which he didn't or pretending to be) that lead to his death.

And the part where HY said that he wants to be a man for once .... sounds to me like he wants to do something to save the girl he loves for once and not for his country. The scene where he cried looking at her picture makes me want to cry so hard. HY come here.... let me give you a hug:bawling:

Thanks @ferily for the preview and translation. Errr... so ep 15 will be tomorrow instead of today. Another long day to wait. 

• Like 5

Gosh, the wait for Episode 15 is going to be very long.. That preview doesn't help us at all either!!

I was reading the comments on the preview on YouTube and it seems like Hwi Young dresses up as Soo Hyeon? Maybe Hwi Young does this to save her and he reaches the cliff, which is where he dies? Someone else brought up a very good point too about the watch.. Maybe that's how Jeon Seol's father finds it in the woods? But also we have to keep in mind that Shin Yool has the watch next to him?? Ahhh, so confusing.. I was thinking that maybe Shin Yool betrays Hwi Young or something (can also explain why he stayed as a ghost...) because we see him in the car and I think, I THINK, that's Tae Min? And maybe that brings Soo Hyeon to kill Shin Yool because of his betrayal, also explaining Jeon Seol saying that she definitely killed somebody and was really sad about it. Or maybe.... I don't even know anymore. Not 100% sure, but I was thinking something along those lines?

Man, this drama stays mysterious even till the end...!! We can only speculate what's going to happen in the next episode...

PS...I watched the preview so many times now :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

I had been imagining a scene where, once they got word of an impending attack on the club,

ShinYool chooses to stay while telling HwiYoung to leave with SooHyeon & keep her safe.. 

And she'd be against it, of course, not one to run away, but HY is ever the solemn protector! 

So right before their escape, there's a tense goodbye, with an undercurrent of angst & feels.. 

Where such feelings may or may not be expressed or implied, thru emotional embraces <3 

Thus, SY takes HY's place at the desk, & HY takes SH, to try & "live to fight another day". 

~ * ~ 

Maybe a lil "dejavu" vibe-y, cuz I was reminded of a certain other "Parting of the Ways"..: 

Spoiler

I'm all a mix of excited (plz more OT3!), denial (alrdy ending?!), & anxiety (howw..) lol xD 

1601167933448458_40.png

• Like 5