[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Seems episode 13 is packed with rollercoaster emotions. Makes you wanna say YES to pulling out the sword to kill the creeper and at the same time make you feel so scared to see what will happen to KS. *crying like the girl in Train to Busan* Hajimaaa, don't go Kim Shin sshi....Hajimaaa... :bawling:

Love how in this lifetime, Sun still say to her brother to proceed. And GR will work together with KS to bring down the creeper, based on his dialogue (I have to do this but that doesn't mean I'll like you). He despise the King but to see the King is someone he is very fond of, it's a battle he has within himself. 

@janeeta I so hope there's more to the restaurant meeting scene in the ending. Kinda abrupt I feel if they kiss *cough peck cough* and stare into sunlight and the camera pan out....huhuhu. Still dreaming of seeing Kim Shin at the altar...lol. I may beg for amnesia if this drama doesn't end well...kekeke 

• Like 16

Just now, sooyoungdaebak said:

@janeeta I so hope there's more to the restaurant meeting scene in the ending. Kinda abrupt I feel if they kiss *cough peck cough* and stare into sunlight and the camera pan out....huhuhu. Still dreaming of seeing Kim Shin at the altar...lol. I may beg for amnesia if this drama doesn't end well...kekeke 

Same here. I don't want it to end there. I want the whole shebang! Wedding, kids, growing old, rotting in their graves :lol: I didn't like W's ending cause it did just that and I would have rather seen life after. But knowing Goblin and how artsy it gets, I have a feeling that it's what they're doing. FINGERS CROSSED THOUGH! #PRAYERCIRCLE

@winterdew lets us create a praying group for WangSun and ShinTak happy ending. And hope our sincerety praying will reach drama Goddess KES. :phew:

@janeeta 29yo ET & 10yo KS is the best scenario in this reincarnation theory. KS could be born much later means their age gap will be bigger...worst case? ET could be his mother :huh: NO!!! :crazy:

tagging @naritul since we talked bout this exact topic before :lol:

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, winterdew said:

@gamshe Thanks for the gifs once again, chingu! I'll try to look at the gifs and focus on how beautiful(ly tragic) they are before my tears blur my vision :tears:

Episode 10: Sunny asks to break up with Wang Yeo on New Year's Eve.

Episode 11: Sunny finds out about Wang Yeo's true identity. Wang Yeo initiates a break up.

Episode 12: Wang Yeo erases Sunny's bad memories and asks that she forgets him. (Which is basically separation again.)

Episode 13: Is Sunny leaving him again? 

I feel like they have more sad than happy moments together. As Wang Yeo says, "I knew it was impossible, but I dreamt of a happy ending." Please let the impossible happen and give WangSun a happy ending after all they have gone through :bawling: 

I know!! :bawling: That reminds me of GR's line when Sunny left the house, something like ''She seems to leave just well.'' :tears: There are so many scenes where they show us Sunny's back while she leaves and GR looking at her back with sad eyes. :tears: But it is always because of GR, not that Sunny wants to leave. :tears: But still, she keeps waiting, drinking alone, hanging around GR's house for a chance to see him. :tears: If only GR could hold her hand. :bawling: And seriously they have so little cute/happy moments, I really really hope we can see some more, and not just in the last 5 minutes before the final episode. :tears:

But that scene at least confirmed that Sunny did not forget anything, so that's a relief. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Truth be told, I am half-hearted with Goblin. Half-hearted in a sense that I want to know how it ends but at the same time I don't want it to end because that means I'll be not seeing my favorite leads in one screen together.

I have always been a silent lurker, and it's the first time I discovered a thread that doesn't seem to sleep at all... from the all mindblowing theories and analyses, the various opinions about the age gap and all issues, the possibility of KS's horse as ET's reincarnation, the wait for eng subtitles when previews, bts & eps are posted, and even the farfetched sail of ship GY and KGE... everything made the Goblin journey worthwhile. I shouldn't be sad and dramatic but I can't help but feel a little sad because this drama ends by next week. I will miss everything and even this thread... :)

I know it's too early for this but I just want to release my feelings :) Let's enjoy the remaining episodes and have fun. I can't wait to share all the feels this drama will give us in the upcoming episodes. This thread will probably go crazy for the next few days and next week :) 

• Like 22

7 hours ago, packmule3 said:

@maryofbethany

Why is the setting in Quebec City?

Perhaps, it's because of the motto of the province of Quebec where Quebec City is located. Its motto is "Je me souviens."

Meaning, I remember. 

Shin buries his dead there on the hill because he will never forget and will forever remember the lineage of those who faithfully served him. For all eternity.

One of my brothers studied at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, a long time ago. His beat-up station wagon had that "Je me souviens" on the license plate, and I always thought it romantic.

Also, more useless trivia. 

............. (sorry for cutting)

@packmule3 agreed. that is truly beautiful.........

remembering... is a pledge, a debt paid, a gift, a commitment, even an indulgance. it is always a gift that we can always give someone, no matter alive or dead he is...  a city that steep deep in remembrance should be a very beautiufl place to live in, no wonder Goblin found itself there filming. everything about Goblin, is about remembering. were they really such tombstone at the hill side... loved aged old tombstone... very achingly beautiful to behold the epitaphs even if you don't know the knowledge by which it is written right? ep2 most beautiful scene should be that slope where ET blow that dandelion his way.... Kim Shin is not just paying respect.. but his way of giving back the love he was bestowed by these who left him,.. Kim Shin indulging and lingering among his 'families', lost in the moment among the gravestones... will be one of the Best Cinematography scene i ever behold in an Asian drama ever... Maybe just for choosing Quebec, the talent of spotting Quebec, TvN really deserved to win over all the 3 stations for producing one of the Best Cinematography/ visual in Drama in 2016/2017, if not the Best ever in my drama-history.
goblin02-00279.jpg
goblin02-00368.jpg

goblin02-00390a.jpg

goblin02-00423.jpg
cr. dramabeans

" “I’m going to be your bride in about two hundred years,”

• Like 23

17 minutes ago, cristapark said:

I feel bad for the production team..4 more episodes left but another spoiler picture was posted by some fans..we should have waited for the preview before posting..that's why some already assume the ending

We still dont know they remake all shooting because that spoiler. I didnt like people to show excited  want to show spoiler everywhere. Its spoil mood ok..Then  we still dont know what happen actually..:sweatingbullets:

So lucky online are very good now..So I have time to read all in here...:blush:

Just pray for the best.I just want them smile again and please more bromance scene please...:heart:

• Like 3

Sorry of this is posted before:

Ep 13 Text Preview

드디어 만난 김신(공유)과 왕여(이동욱)!

저승사자는 기억나지 않는 자신의 과거와 마주치고 괴로워하는데...

중헌(김병철)은 써니(유인나)와 은탁(김고은)에게 검은 손을 뻗기 시작한다!

이 모든 일의 종지부를 찍기 위한 준비를 시작하는 도깨비!

지독한 운명 속에 위태롭게 내몰린 이들의 운명은?

Interpretation from translation sites (not 100% accurate, sorry for many mistakes)

Finally, Kim Shin and Wang Yeo Meet!

The Reaper don't remember his past and faces anguish (pain/suffering/torment) ...

JongHeon/JongWon starts to reach(stretch) his black(dark/wicked/evil) hands to Sunny and EunTak!

Goblin starts to prepare to take an end all of these !

What is the destiny of those who are forced to risk their lives amid their terrible fate?

• Like 14

Just discusion about ET when she is 29 years old...

Spoiler

We know already second grim reaper will come to ET when she is 29 years old.My question how kim shin will settle this problem ?Too many assume in my mind...and its not spoiler ok because already we know mind WY about it..

• Like 6

2 hours ago, seasonsoftheheart32 said:

The episode preview is out by the way. I can't read Korean, but I can translate the Chinese translation for you guys haha. (Terrible I know, going through so many languages)

Episode 13 text preview:

Now, KS and WY finally recognize each other. WY feels terrible now, having to deal with the memories he had once forgotten...

Meanwhile, PJW is about to begin his evil plans for Sunny and ET...

KS starts preparing to put a stop to everything. What will happen to all of them in the face of this terrible destiny?

I'm not a licensed interpreter (fluently bilingual, but translation doesn't work the same way), but the gist is there. By the way, if in future anyone needs any translation between English and Chinese, tag/PM me.

Thank you for your offer to help! I think Chinese fans are pretty good at getting information ^^

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, cristapark said:

I feel bad for the production team..4 more episodes left but another spoiler picture was posted by some fans..we should have waited for the preview before posting..that's why some already assume the ending

I scroll my IG timeline and also find that, I know it's their SNS but they are not cautious I guess :huh:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, gutibear said:

Who's cancelling all their plan for the next two weekends? ME! I made a blunder when I was away to cinema last Saturday night. I will dedicate my next two weekends for Goblin only.

Btw, I love how you all reacts to the cancelling episode 14 positively, because I read some harsh comments in IG *face palm

I am thankful the drama ends before Chinese New Year! Can you imagine if the final episodes aired on Saturday 28th? I will have to hide myself in the toilet to watch the  final two episodes and I have a feeling my family will not understand my love for a Goblin, his bride, a Grim Reaper and his love plus a vessel for God! Hahahaha...

• Like 17

most of you are too young to know this song even I am young to know this type of song but since the Quebec maple leaves scene there is only one song playing on my mind 

I pasted the lyrics close your eyes and listen you'll know what I mean...  

If you ship them with another song share it so i'll also get to know your ideas ..  

English V. 

The falling / autumn leaves drift by my window
The falling leaves of red and gold

Spoiler

maple-leaf-wallpaper-3.jpg

The falling leaves of red and gold

I see your lips the summer kisses
The sunburned hands I used to hold

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling

I miss you most of all my darling

8 minutes ago, shynaz said:

Just discusion about ET when she is 29 years old...

Hide contents

We know already second grim reaper will come to ET when she is 29 years old.My question how kim shin will settle this problem ?Too many assume in my mind...and its not spoiler ok because already we know mind WY about it..

Kim Shin will rise like a Phoenix so GRP no need to come for ET..   

• Like 7