[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

prayer circle for everyone in this forum whose heart strings have been tugged during these past few episodes

here is our Dokkaebi's my attempt to cheer you all up :phew:
sorry if it has been posted earlier, no matter how many times i see this i can't help but laugh

tumblr_ojg28hLS8E1u3j7l4o1_250.png

• Like 8

A recap of Grim Reaper's (GR) memory-erasing skill:
1. A tea served by GR can cause a deceased soul to forget everything in his or her immediate past life.
2. GR can cause a living person to forget certain past memories by declaring his intent and have him or her look into his eyes.
3. GR can cause a living person to remember certain memories about his or her past life by specifically giving a kiss.
4. GR can learn certain memories about the past life of a living person through physical contact.

So, what happens for Sunny next? GR erased the sad moments (with regards to GR) of Sunny's past and present lives, and erased himself from Sunny's present life.

I think Sunny will no longer recognise GR if they were to meet again, but Sunny could still have some memories of Wang Yeo (so that they could eventually reunite.) Perhaps one possible reason could be that the same set of relived memories (i.e. the one undone by GR's kiss) cannot be re-erased by a grim reaper. Thus, Sunny would be left bewildered by these fragmented memories of the young king.

I really hope this is the case. Grim Reaper & Sunny deserve their happy ending. T^T

• Like 7

Just finished watched episode 12...

The best episode so ever. .love love love:heart::heart:

I know some answer of these question in here..

Need to cool.and relax because I feel excited this episode..

Its fresh,excellent and perfect:blush:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ariesw said:

Sorry for the late late reply .... my mind has been muddled lately and clear thinking is hard at the moment but whoa .... where are we going venturing into this .... bi sexuality ...a-sexuality ...or non-gender ... but yes ... GR and Sunny do fit with these .... I always found GR to be feminine in his interactions with KS and even made to look he is wearing make up, whereas Sunny .... acts more masculine despite her feminine beauty ... I don't think she's even worn a dress but has always been in pants despite her character's sexy image ..... KES does seem to be playing on gender bias .... which makes one think, going with your theory, if the characters themselves are victims of this in presuming they are taking on the male/female roles in their memories of the past .... as the flashbacks still seem to go either way as to who is who ... what the female GR saw of Sunny's past seems to suggest that Sunny is WY .... but one thing sticking out is Sunny's recollection of the palanquin exchange on being "ugly" .... only she and KS were privy to that exchange .... but from memory, it was KS who said she was "ugly" .... not the King ...

The gods of the mythological world can be wrong, right ? This is an extremely elaborate set up because if it is already confirmed that they are who they are ...why are there still mixed signals being thrown in ?

KES is challenging her viewers in this cat and mouse game .... and am afraid am not up to that challenge without a clear mind .... so I have to rely on your clear thinking sharp mind to make out what this jumbled mess of a scenario KES has created to throw everyone off ...

Like @hushhh I am not really into predictive analysis of an ongoing story but more on going with the flow of the narrative being told by the writer  ... but your well argued and clearly thought out version is the more intriguing path for the narrative to go than how it seems to be going now which will take it from good to stellar .....but how does KES go there ... ?

Rather than androgyny, KS' character is more boy-man ... it is refreshing to see a supposedly jaded over 900 years old character still being so child like and childish as a counterpoint to his warrior persona .... whereas ET plays off the cinderella exterior with wonder woman inner strength ....

KS' farewell to an old friend is nicely juxtaposed with the welcome of an old and loyal friend ... KS values his people and his relationships ...

So many things going on with life and in the drama so pardon the jumbled up observations as wanted to reply lest I take longer to do so ... as always enjoy reading your posts ....thanks !!!

P.S. Not too sure of the scene with the adult WY and adult Queen ... that could not have happened .... so was that the character picturing herself in the role based on the gender bias theory .... Is that the only scene adult WY wears a black robe ? hmmmm....

Park Jong Won's revenge could also be to mislead everyone on who is who to complicate things further ....

LOL, this is the funniest comment I've ever read. 

..Wait were you being serious?

• Like 3

My top 5 cry scene:bawling:

1.Kim Shin cry alone in the room when he know president died..That cry soo broken and make me sad just same I write poem about it.Its more broken when Kim Shin say president work to goblin all its free.

2.Sunny remember who she is  and talk about it Kim Shin.This is reward to Kim Shin because always only he only remembers all the past.

3.Kim shin found their who loyal to him..Its too bad because only Kim Shin remembers all.He give all car,wealth,house and work as he fighting to country for the last decade.

4.The Deok Hwa cry say he is alone and say he will continue to caring goblin..Why family and ancestor Deok Hwa so good people.He also say he will grandfather to served to goblin just like his grandfather.

5.Lastly.the part general Kim Shin know about Majesty.We feel angst and revenge Kim Shin to WY.WY just look he already accepted their destiny.Kim Shin I know you have big heart..Please open for this...

• Like 16

Actually, the scene between the female reaper and the evil eunuch just shows there is a reason why the reapers have no memory of their previous life. It's bad enough to know that you must have sinned so much that you become a reaper but to find out what you actually did? 

DLeqEx.gif

1 hour ago, ilxyoung said:

It's Eun Tak's death card. I'm not really sure about the date & time of death, but I saw a tweet that it says "Eun Tak is to "die" from a fall again; death card reads '坠落死'"

Kamsahamnida! 

Ohh..another fall? It looks like Grim has yet to let Dokkaebi know about this. I hope that they make up and Dokkaebi finds out about the latest death card. 

• Like 18

My top 5 sweet scene:blush:

1.Advice Kim Shin to Et before go to university..Then jealouse Kim Shin make I forget name go to usa...

2.When Kim Shin say Deok Hwa is Nabi...I feel strange because malay word it means different but I know Korea means butterfly.

3.When Et say grim reaper is KWB...I laugh because name still mention this drama.KWB must proud name be used this drama.

4.When too long wait Kim Shin to become mature to kiss first before ET....

5.Last part the stingy Kim Shin return the money to Sunny...

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, hellojs2 said:

I hope writer KES will do something about Eun Tak in the upcoming episodes. Like give us something other than cutesy Eun Tak. Give us depth to her character. She's the female lead and yet other characters are out shining her. In episode 12 she didn't feel like an important character. That's just sad. 

i think everyone got same portion here by kim eun sook,last eps (12) are more likely for kim shin,gr(king) and queen(sunny)

but at the end i think main focus or story here are ending kim shin immortal life which is eun tak draws the swords.thats the decision must made and both kim shin and eun tak must face it.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, ucylucy said:

@bebebisous33 Sorry to cut your post short here but your narrative describing the two contrasting scenes was just beautiful. I found this picture that perfectly captures the contrasting mood and emotions of the two different scenes that you described.

Spoiler

"I had interpretated that this walk symbolised the beginning of losing his immortality. He walks towards ET and since ET is connected to life and death, she symbolises mortality. He is giving up his immortality. "

I also believe that Kim Shin will lose his immortality, or his status as a "Goblin" by the end of the drama as he fully embrace his fated love with Eun Tak who is a mere mortal. As he chooses to spend more time with Eun Tak, he is choosing to embrace his human side more than his Goblin side, choosing to live on Eun Tak's level as a human rather than his Goblin side.

The god made Kim Shin a Goblin so that he can use his powers to help other people as a way of atoning for his sins of killing thousands of people as a general. But in this long sentence, god had also gave him a reward in the form of the Goblin Bride at the end of his journey. For even though he committed his sins in the name of his King, Kim Shin was also a good and honorable man, very well beloved by the people of Goryeo. As mentioned in Episode 11 and 12, Kim Shin and Eun Tak's love are fated - god had a hand in bringing the two of them together at the end of Kim Shin's journey. From what I understand from Ep 12, it was always in god's plan for him to turn Kim Shin back into a mortal - why else would he give Kim Shin a fated love in the form of  Eun Tak, who is a mere human.

Also, in order for their relationship to work in the long run, Kim Shin and Eun Tak need to be on equal terms, on equal balance of power, either for both of them to live together as humans or both as Goblins. They need to have the same life span for them to be able to form a long lasting relationship.

"It is important for KS to lose his powers. "Remember that the lady in red mentioned to KS that at some point, it would be impossible for him to save ET. So far (until episode 12), he used his abilities to protect ET, but he can not protect her on his own any longer. It could only work with the help of our favourite GR who gave him the tip (card). Since KS resents GR for his misery, he will distance himself from GR and as such, he will have no idea, when ET is supposed to die. "

Yes, Kim Shin will need the Grimm Reaper's help to protect Eun Tak. This might be an uneasy alliance but it is necessary for Eun Tak's safety and Kim Sun's happiness. I also believe it is Wang Yeo/Grimm Reaper who will bring the final justice to Park Jun Woo, since he was the cause of all of Wang Yeo's heartaches and wrong doings.

I think Eun Tak is the key to resolving the grudges  and deep resentment between Kim Shin, Kim Sun and Grimm Reaper.  I was worried about how Eun Tak would fit in with the other three who have this long, deep and sad history together.  But Eun Tak is not mired in their history or misery, coming into this narrative with clear, untainted and un-prejudice eyes.

As she said in Ep 3, "A person needs to recognize where he's supposed to lay down before stretching out his legs and know when it's time to leave." As others have mentioned, Eun Tak is very smart and bright, she weighs the pros and cons and figure out the cause and affect before making any decisions. 

I believe she will be the one who will help Kim Shin let of his deep resentment with the Grimm Reaper and find forgiveness. I believe there's a reason why she was brought to live with KS and GR. She has formed a deep bond with both men and accepts them readily, which might help her build the bridge between the two of them.

Eun Tak, out of the four of them, was the first to discover the Grimm Reaper's true identity but she did not judge the Grimm Reaper after finding out the truth. She kept his confident, even though she knew how important Wang Yeo's identity was to Kim Shin and Kim Sun. She protected the Grimm Reaper because it was his truth to find out, his story to tell, not hers. I love the close friend/sibling-like relationship she has formed with the Grimm Reaper. He has come to her so many times for advice, including the last conversation they had where GR was baring his soul about him being possibly the King. He had no one to confide in but Eun Tak who he knows will not judge him but trusts her with his fears and secrets.

She also withheld Kim Shin's and Grimm Reaper's identities from Sunny too. Eun Tak is very loyal to her "family."

If Kim Shin will listen to anyone, it is Eun Tak, the one he holds most precious. He values her opinion highly and I believe who can hold him in check. In episode 12, when Kim Shin told her that Kim Sun's memory had return, she was worried that it might be the GR or PJW who might have triggered it. In her indirect way, she knew that KS might find out about WY through PJW, she told Kim Shin "I believe that you are someone much bigger than what I know." My interpretation of this is that she hopes Kim Shin will keep his cool when he finds out out Wang Yeo and rise above his anger and resentment for the man. 

Also, I don't believe the female GR will be any threat to Eun Tak. It seems like all the GR are afraid of the Goblin and I don't think they want to mess with the Goblin's bride. Plus, the drama is about redemption - I don't see the female GR turning evil. If anything, she seems to be more shocked by her conduct in the past life. I believe she might help WG/GR bring PJW down.

Bravo! I felt it would be sacrilege to cut your post. You summed up my thoughts perfectly. 

The roles of Dokkaebi, his bride and Grim have all been fated. But are they destined to make the same mistakes? 

The variable here is Eun Tak. Someone both trust and care about. She is that bridge to forgiveness and mercy for both Dokkaebi and Grim. 

I admit I have not watched many of this writer's series (Secret Garden and Gentleman's Dignity (which by the way was very thought provoking as well.  I couldn't believe myself that I was enjoying a drama about these four men and their (love) lives.) But if she said she wanted to create a strong female character in Eun Tak, I believe she has done that. Physically she may be small, but she has a heart which is big enough to include all she is close to. Her boss, Deok Hwa and of course Dokkaebi and Grim. 

tPlhyr.gif

Hope to see our three housemates smiling like this again!

• Like 23

Yook Sungjae’s True Identity Is Revealed In Latest Episode Of tvN’s “Goblin”

BTOBs-Yook-Sungjae.png

After revealing the past identities of both the grim reaper and Sunny, tvN’s “Goblin” also revealed the true identity of Yook Sungjae’s character Yoo Duk Hwa. Continue reading to find out more.

Spoiler:

In episode 12 of tvN’s “Goblin,” Ji Eun Tak reveals that Yoo Duk Hwa helped her interpret Kim Shin’s journal and helped her find the lost maple leaf. Kim Shin becomes shocked and responds, “There is no way that he would know this.”

Kim Shin and the grim reaper then find Yoo Duk Hwa at a bar, and demand to know his true identity. After stopping time, Yoo Duk Hwa begins to quote phrases that were said by Kim Shin and the grim reaper. He then reveals, “I’ve always been listening. I even gave you opportunities to plead for death. Yet why are you still alive?”

Goblin.png

He continues, saying, “As a god, I only ask questions. You must find the answers,” and becomes unconscious as a stream of butterflies leaves his body.

Viewers suspect that Yoo Duk Hwa is a matchmaker god, and many are trying to figure out the exact moment when he went from being a third-generation chaebol to becoming a god.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/07/yook-sungjaes-true-identity-revealed-latest-episode-tvns-goblin/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 11

@NRGchick - your DeokHwa (as the Almighty) gifs...are World Class. Well done. 

@122am - RE: "WY & KS will unite to kill Evil Eunuch. If not Evil Eunuch can't be killed, since God seems to be taking a back seat right now."

"Since Evil Eunuch can possess humans, he will probably possess ET, Sunny or DH. Making KS's job difficult to kill them with his sword."

"...and, at one point, KS will claim his property and companies, since Grandpa predicted that in his will."

Nice points! Thanks - it provoked me to think ~ 

* I would prefer if one of the ladies could be the key to sending evil-Eunuch-who-has-been-festering-in-a-kimchi-pot-for-900-years to oblivion. (SideNote: Eunuch needs to meet Red Lady's manicurist....ASAP.)
And somehow I suspect, when Red Lady told the Almighty to take the blinders off Goblin & Reaper...it was Almighty who allowed EvilEunuch™ to 'be seen again'. Almighty playing GO. (pic not from drama)

3wFFpgk.jpg

* I also hope that EvilEunuch does not have access to inhabit any of our LEADS. We've already had one instance with Deok Hwa and the SupremeBeing - there are so many other drama-tropes to check-mark, rather than another body-possession.
i.e. Amnesia (please no) Birth Secret/s (probably) Noble Idiocy (already done) ....Deep Kiss (any pairing...just make it happen)

* My thought on Grandpa's note to CEO-Dance-Master Kim is that...Goblin will arrive to claim a personal relic/totem/thing rather than his company and money. Grandpa held the painting all those years and Goblin can make gold, presumably after a few shots of Soju ~ so I'm thinking wily Gramps has a hidden card.

Cheers & Hugs to all ~ going back to read 10-ish pages. :)

• Like 7

Writernimm waited 5 years for Gong Yoo and now we are left with 4 episodes, my hope for a real deep kiss is not as high as when I first started this drama. Jaebbal no more pecks!! Give us a real kiss!! The one that will make unicorns sing and rainbow dance. :w00t: And us party for a week! This drama has no shower scene, no topless scene, no deep kisses. At this stage, I feel like a 939yo virgin waiting for it. :crazy: Waee so holy pure, writernimm?! Even the ducks in the lake in front of my place have more skinships....:phew: 

(Excuse this 939yo gal's rant) :glasses:

• Like 20
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Bravo! I felt it would be sacrilege to cut your post. You summed up my thoughts perfectly. 

The roles of Dokkaebi, his bride and Grim have all been fated. But are they destined to make the same mistakes? 

The variable here is Eun Tak. Someone both trust and care about. She is that bridge to forgiveness and mercy for both Dokkaebi and Grim. 

I admit I have not watched many of this writer's series (Secret Garden and Gentleman's Dignity (which by the way was very thought provoking as well.  I couldn't believe myself that I was enjoying a drama about these four men and their (love) lives.) But if she said she wanted to create a strong female character in Eun Tak, I believe she has done that. Physically she may be small, but she has a heart which is big enough to include all she is close to. Her boss, Deok Hwa and of course Dokkaebi and Grim. 

Hope to see our three housemates smiling like this again!

I agree with your point on Eun Tak being the variable in their present fate! Perhaps she could very well be the "door" to a place where everyone will be redeemed from their past sins and find peace. She is the link that brings everyone together.

@ucylucy Your words reflect my thoughts! Thank you! 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

Writernimm waited 5 years for Gong Yoo and now we are left with 4 episodes, my hope for a real deep kiss is not as high as when I first started this drama. Jaebbal no more pecks!! Give us a real kiss!! The one that will make unicorns sing and rainbow dance. :w00t: And us party for a week! This drama has no shower scene, no topless scene, no deep kisses. At this stage, I feel like a 939yo virgin waiting for it. :crazy: Waee so holy pure, writernimm?! Even the ducks in the lake in front of my place have more skinships....:phew: 

(Excuse this 939yo gal's rant) :glasses:

I hope so..Please writer you get Gy this time..I also thanks to Writer make Gy as goblin in this drama.Only Gy suitable for Goblin character.We ready hot kiss please

I need to back write some fun in here..To many sad scenes in this episode..

• Like 5

[Spoilers] Dokkaebi Ep 12

Spoiler

201701072107778777_5870de03058e6_99_2017

Naver - Osen: Gong Yoo, finds out that Lee Dong Wook = Wang Yeo.. Yoo Inna remembers her past existence 

1. [+13,187, -138] That rockfish-like man who looks like he's eaten 900 pieces of Jaws Bar ice cream creeps me out whenever he appears

2. [+11,081, -97] Next week, Goblin + grim reaper vs eunuch

3. [+9,341, -91] Don't fight ㅠㅠㅠ Get rid of the evil eunuch first

4. [+7,265, -76] Ah don't fight each other ㅠㅠㅠ Go and catch that eunuch first

5. [+6,444, -71] Next week will be daebak..

6. [+2,680, -31] The role of Lee Dong Wook's life...

7. [+2,645, -21] The reason why Yoo Inna's memories were not erased is because all the moments she had with the king were good memories ㅠㅠ

8. [+2,339, -24] When the drama ends, please add the eunuch's NG scenes ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's damn scary

9. [+2,156, -15] Gong Yoo: General Kim Shin meets Your Majesty. His tone is filled with anger. But his real enemy is the eunuch, he will be caught next week

10. [+2,177, -16] The scene where Kim Shin meets his loyal friend in the present made me emotionalㅠㅠ He's poor but made great contributions in his previous life and so he's now receiving the blessings he deserves

Spoiler

201701080746779530_5871708e4ae5e_99_2017

Naver - Osen: Gong Yoo, subtly expressing a thousand year of pain

1. [+1,590, -10] I once again fell for Gong Yoo~ He's so cool!!!

2. [+1,563, -8] Because he's Gong Yoo.. I love everything about him

3. [+1,295, -6] Hurry up and kill the evil eunuch.. I get goosebumps whenever I see him

4. [+1,178, -8] Episode 12 is legendary ㅠㅠKim Eun Sook's writing skills get better with every drama

5. [+969, -9] Gong Yoo is love ❤

Spoiler

201701072007778139_5870cdf33f703.jpg

Nate - Osen: Yook Sungjae's identity is the butterfly, the god 

1. [+1,766, -21] Deok Hwa is not the god, the butterfly is the god that borrowed the body of a human

2. [+1,540, -55] I would've assumed Yook Sungjae to be an actor if I didn't know he was an idol.. His acting is really good

3. [+1,340, -41] Wow Yook Sungjae exploded with coolness today

4. [+113, -3] "Your good nature will bring you luck", another amazing line. I wish for a world where good people can live a nice life

5. [+111, -1] Kindness runs in the Yoo family. It's even engraved on Chairman Yoo's tombstone that he was a kind man in every moment

Daum Cafe: Scene in Goblin today that's getting divided opinions

please visit article to read the rest http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.com/2017/01/spoilers-dokkaebi-ep-12.html

http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.com/2017/01/spoilers-dokkaebi-ep-12.html

********************************************************************************

This one made me cry the most 

10. [+2,177, -16] The scene where Kim Shin meets his loyal friend in the present made me emotionalㅠㅠ He's poor but made great contributions in his previous life and so he's now receiving the blessings he deserves

• Like 13

Here comes the sad gifs! Brace yourselves. 

Even though I watched the episode again as I made the gifs, I still cried during these scenes.

L2CDkA.gif

I did not see tears falling from Dokkaebi's eyes but when I heard his sobs, I just lost it. 

s33yWO.gif

And when he wrote Chairman Yoo's epitaph and the tears dropped. 

UP9gF9.gif

When Deok Hwa cried as he grieved for his grandfather. When one berates oneself for not treating the deceased even a little better when they were alive. Full of regrets. 

DGq2Et.gif

BqDn47.gif

Actually the whole scene (including the flashbacks). Once 'Who are you' started playing during this scene, my eyes started its rain dance again. 

• Like 23